PDA

View Full Version : Your FPS Control Preference

KentaRawr!
01-08-2008, 03:56 AM
Just as the title states. What is your preference of play when playing an FPS? I, personally, prefer Keyboard and Mouse over most, so long as I'm using a Laser Mouse. What about you?

Madame Adequate
01-08-2008, 04:17 AM
I love keyboard + mouse, but there are some great control pad implementations as well. TimeSplitters comes especially to mind. Goldeneye and Perfect Dark had impeccable controls.

But overall, I'll go with PC controls, because getting the controls right on a console is a challenge, whilst it takes actual poor implementation to get PC controls wrong.

MistaCloudStrife
01-08-2008, 05:57 AM
Depends on the simplicity/complexity of the games controls. If it's simple enough I'll be good with a controller, whereas more intricate FPS games are better with a keyboard for me.

Vermachtnis
01-08-2008, 06:15 AM
W goes foward and clicky button shoots. I'm pretty comfortable with that, but I can play with Dual Analog pretty good.

escobert
01-08-2008, 06:21 AM
Keyboard and Mouse
I'm horrid with a controller

Shoeberto
01-08-2008, 07:35 AM
wwwwwwwwwwwwdsdsdsdsdsaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawdwdwdwdwdwdwdwdwdwd

Yamaneko
01-08-2008, 07:45 AM
Through the power of my mind. When that fails keyboard and mouse is the superior choice. I'll only use a gamepad in a PC FPS if the game has simple controls (i.e. CoD4, Doom 3, etc.) and only during single player. Usually though, that's when I want to sit back or lie down in bed and play, otherwise my face is five inches away from the screen with keyboard and mouse in hand.

Captain Maxx Power
01-08-2008, 10:13 AM
Keyboard and mouse all the way. Anyone who says otherwise is a delusional madman/woman.

JKTrix
01-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Keyboard+Mouse usually preferred, but I'm very comfortable with a game pad. Rumble is a plus.

belkor_teh_magnificent
01-08-2008, 05:12 PM
Keyboard and mouse is my favourite method for the few PC FPS I play, though WASD is usually very awkward for me, and I end up with my fingers on the wrong buttons (knife attack rather than strafe right in CoD4 during a firefight comes to mind). Though it's a little slower to aim, the compact nature of Dual Shock suits me best for console based games.

Kossage
01-08-2008, 05:23 PM
I prefer using keyboard and mouse. :)

phbr
01-08-2008, 06:24 PM
RDFG keyboard and mouse... I don't play console shooters that often, so my game pad skills aren't on par ;)

edczxcvbnm
01-08-2008, 07:10 PM
I prefer dual analog controls. I am not very good with a mouse/keyboard. I hate having the pick up the mouse to spin around in circles. Super annoying. I also don't use the keyboard and mouse in a "normal" position. Makes it much harder :P Screw your standards!

DK
01-08-2008, 07:29 PM
Keyboard and Mouse definitely, only because the precision is much better with regards to aiming.

Spammerman
01-10-2008, 02:07 AM
im sick nasty with the dual analog controllers, but if i need some precise fire then i think the mouse is the best choice. Dual all the way though.