PDA

View Full Version : You've got mail!

Calliope
01-08-2008, 07:23 AM
In hard copy!

What is your letterbox like? Do you like wooden or metal letterboxes better? With zigzaps and spots, or matching the fence or the shutters? Does it have a fancy EMERGENCY FLAG and does your mailman come on a scooter or is he chased by hounds?

Roto13
01-08-2008, 07:26 AM
My mailbox is made of a bald eagle I hollowed out myself. :O

o_O
01-08-2008, 07:26 AM
My postperson rides a shiny red bicycle and wears a silly-looking NZ Post uniform. :p

rubah
01-08-2008, 07:39 AM
it's big, black, and rusty. Has our letters in black and white adhesive letters and a rusty red flag. the post is kinda wrought-irony.

our mailmarm drives a gold trucksuv thing.

mooglebunni608
01-08-2008, 11:38 AM
Ours it a post office box. I'd love to say it's because
of my many stalkers, but actually, it's because our old post box kept getting 'accidentally' knocked off by cars ><

Aerith's Knight
01-08-2008, 01:57 PM
?

A mail shaped hole in the door with a metal flap on the outside.

Why on earth would you have your mailbox outside of your home?

And our mailmen ride cycles, because you wouldnt be able to deliver quickly any other way

Luther X-Rated
01-08-2008, 02:32 PM
A regular white mail box.

I wrote "Feed Me!" on the front side of it a few years ago while I was intoxicated.

Zeldy
01-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Yeah it's just a gold mail shaped hole with a flap on the front door. We don't have mail boxes, everything just lands in the porch. Our postman walks.

Jess
01-08-2008, 05:11 PM
Its a rectangular hole in the front door with a metal flap. :jess:

Kossage
01-08-2008, 05:12 PM
Mine is a metal letter box which is big, red and brand new, and I like it. And yeah, our mailman comes on a scooter. :)

escobert
01-08-2008, 06:10 PM
Mines metal and black.]

Oh and he drives a mail truck thingy. sometimes they walk.

Quindiana Jones
01-08-2008, 06:11 PM
My postman's got a black and white cat.

MistaCloudStrife
01-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Mailbox is black and made of metal and has a mini roof over it.. My mailman drives a small white boxy car with no doors that says US Postal Service on it.

edczxcvbnm
01-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Our Mailman rides around in a USPS Van thingy and walks door to door to deliver mail. I don't the sub division I am in has mailboxes now that I think about it. Everyone has a door slot for mail.

rubah
01-08-2008, 06:57 PM
?

A mail shaped hole in the door with a metal flap on the outside.

Why on earth would you have your mailbox outside of your home?

And our mailmen ride cycles, because you wouldnt be able to deliver quickly any other way
Because some homes are set far away from main roads(sometimes an eighth of a mile), and all houses are spaced a long ways out(usually more than an eighth of a mile where I live!), so to make it faster and more efficient for the mail men to gather and distribute mail, not only do we set mailboxes conveniently against main roads, but sometimes they're even on the same side of the street so they don't have to turn around to get the people on the other side of the street.

Also when you're driving in general you won't be getting out to push mail through a flap.

cloud21zidane16
01-08-2008, 07:57 PM
Mines a gold metal flap in the frontdoor:)

Yamaneko
01-08-2008, 08:05 PM
Jeep-like truck. He delivers to our black metal mailbox with a red flag.

Jess
01-08-2008, 08:59 PM
My postman rides a bike. ^_____________^

Brennan
01-10-2008, 09:28 PM
A P.O. Box

Tallulah
01-10-2008, 10:10 PM
I have a brass letterbox in the door, but some swish apartments (Clipper Apartments) next to my parents' block have a stainless steel mailbox each, in the lobby, so they have to come down to get their mail.

The postman pushes a red and yellow trolley, and whenever he has to leave it unattended it is fastened up with a bicycle lock.

Shlup
01-11-2008, 02:06 AM
It's a box among boxes with my flat number and keyhole.

Also, I still have all of my letters from Ms. Calliope in my letterbox. <3

Peegee
01-11-2008, 06:11 PM
In hard copy!

What is your letterbox like? Do you like wooden or metal letterboxes better? With zigzaps and spots, or matching the fence or the shutters? Does it have a fancy EMERGENCY FLAG and does your mailman come on a scooter or is he chased by hounds?

I don't have letterhead. But if you made me pick something I would seriously go with hello kitty stationary, because it's so not pg

(though secretly pg likes hello kitty because it's universally cute)

Heath
01-11-2008, 10:59 PM
No box, just a little flap in the front door. Our postman drives around in a van but I think to deal with all the council houses on the estate round where I live, they do more walking around than driving.

Caraliz
01-12-2008, 08:45 PM
hullo nicky. my mailbox consits of NAPALM EXPLOSIVES!!

no really, someone blew up our mailbox twice. it's a brick thing with the mailbox inside of it.

now we just set the mailbox on the rubble and take it away when the mail comes.

mail is serious business :(

aquatius
01-12-2008, 11:01 PM
I come from England where we have holes in our front doors instead. They're really useful for being nosy.