PDA

View Full Version : Most Hardest Optional Boss

Vermachtnis
01-08-2008, 02:17 PM
Yes, it's redundent, but what else can I use to describe it.

I think it's up between UberPrinny Baal (Disgaea) or DemiFiend (Digital Devil Saga). I bet Freya (SO3) ain't too friendly in 4D mode either.

What do you think is the Most Hardest optional boss?

Karellen
01-08-2008, 09:03 PM
From what I've read, I've always been given the impression that Demi-Fiend is a monstrosity far above anything else ever made. This could have changed in the years since Digital Devil Saga was released though.

f f freak
01-08-2008, 10:16 PM
Personally, for me Freya in Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth in the SG was the Hardest Optional Boss I've ever fought purely because she kept blocking all of my good characters attacks yet the people inflicting 1 damage kept hitting. It took me a good hour to defeat her.

Ramza Beoulve
01-08-2008, 11:33 PM
Maybe High Max in Megaman X6, but that's because I didn't know how to damage it. I lasted 1 hour fighting him with Zero, with neither of us being damaged by the other.

Breine
01-09-2008, 09:37 PM
One word: Ozma.

Goldenboko
01-09-2008, 09:55 PM

KuRt
01-09-2008, 10:03 PM
The goddamn boxingmatch in Fallout 2

Rocket Edge
01-09-2008, 11:56 PM
Omega Weapon form VIII.

Skyblade
01-10-2008, 12:24 AM
Dullahan, Golden Sun: The Lost Age.

Yeah, if you set up your team right and let half your characters die, you can summon rush him fairly easily, but otherwise this can be one of the hardest fights around.

And, while I'm on GS bosses, the Dragon of Gaia Rock, also from TLA. Normally, he's only moderately hard, but try taking him on without all the light reflected on to him. :) If you go straight to the boss, he'll fully heal each turn, forcing you to try a one turn kill on a high HP boss. If you reflect one beam, he won't fully heal, but he will heal enough to make the battle a contender for hardest of all.

Goldenboko
01-10-2008, 01:37 AM
Omega Weapon form VIII.

Omega Weapon was easy.
Holy War, battle over.
or
By using the Junction system to uberfy your characters and spamming limits you can kill him before he ever touches you.

Markus. D
01-10-2008, 03:11 AM
By then a game has the fellow battle system broken with about everything over the ub3r.

I'd have to say the boss at the end of the Fleshreaver dungeon in GW:EN.

Behold the Void
01-10-2008, 03:45 AM
For an RPG, definitely something in a Nippon Ichi game. Uber Prinny Baal likely being it.

The most disgustingly difficult boss ever is Mushihime-sama Ultra (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP-mePr1-ZQ).

Note that EVERY ONE OF THOSE BULLETS is instadeath.

Markus. D
01-10-2008, 04:38 AM
For an RPG, definitely something in a Nippon Ichi game. Uber Prinny Baal likely being it.

The most disgustingly difficult boss ever is Mushihime-sama Ultra (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP-mePr1-ZQ).

Note that EVERY ONE OF THOSE BULLETS is instadeath.

I never got far in that game >___<

All the bosses like to make the screen pretty :[...

leader of mortals
01-15-2008, 01:42 PM
I found ninetails on megaman X command mission pretty hard unless you are overleveled. Also, Ethereal Queen, or something, from Radiata Stories was hard at a level less then 99 = HARD AS HELL

Ashley Schovitz
01-15-2008, 05:03 PM

Ozma was the easiest all I did was make Amarant use curse and whenever Ozma did Doomsday it hurt him too and healed two of my characters Omega Weapon from VIII is the hardest. I never had a Holy War so that's why I could never beat him.

Skyblade
01-15-2008, 05:18 PM

Ozma was the easiest all I did was make Amarant use curse and whenever Ozma did Doomsday it hurt him too and healed two of my characters Omega Weapon from VIII is the hardest. I never had a Holy War so that's why I could never beat him.

You don't actually need Holy Wars. He's slow and predictable. Look for an FAQ on him and it should give the winning pattern.

Goldenboko
01-15-2008, 08:29 PM

What level where you? If your anywhere under I'd say, 60, he's quite possibly the cheapest boss ever. Any combo of curse and meteor can kill you instantly at that level. All of his single targeting attacks usually instantly kill a character, and to make it worse, his ATB bar fills whenever make a command and he gets to attack before you, its because of this that if you try and launch 2-3 attacks in succession he obliterates you.

Omega uber predictable, and can easilly be dismantled without the use of a Holy War. His attack pattern makes it so you can almost always know when to heal yourself, when to throw on Defend (if you even need to my party was able to obliterate him before he even used that move), and when to attack. Nothing was hard about FFVIII especially not Omega.

Ashley Schovitz
01-15-2008, 08:53 PM
He attacks one time and my party is wiped out and most of my characters are in level 20's with Squall being 38.

Goldenboko
01-15-2008, 09:03 PM
He attacks one time and my party is wiped out and most of my characters are in level 20's with Squall being 38.

Levels don't matter in FFVIII, junctions do, magic is incredibly easy to get, get your junctions a bit better, his first attack his really his worst attack out of all of them (with Terra Break you can at least use defend to block)

EDIT: Even so, you told me what level you fought Omega (which is decently low), but you haven't told me what level you fought Ozma at. I can't imagine fighting Ozma in the 20's >.<

Nominus Experse
01-17-2008, 11:40 AM
I bet Freya (SO3) ain't too friendly in 4D mode either.
I broke so much :skull::skull::skull::skull: over that bitch, it's ridiculous.

Kanshisha
01-17-2008, 11:57 AM
that underwater weapon in FFVII, tried and failed..