PDA

View Full Version : 3 New Games: How do you think they'll come out.

The Majestic
01-09-2008, 01:40 AM
in the next couple of years there going to make three Games ive been dying to look forward too playing!.

1. Kingdom Hearts: Birth By sleep

2. FInal Fantasy XIII

3. Tales of symphonia: Knights of Ratarok

These are some games I would love to play except for the fact that I don't have a Ps3 for Final fantsy XIII And I dont have a wii for Tales of symphonia but I do have a psp for Kingdom hearts: BBS

How do you think these games will come out... Opinions are always good.. plus I need to meet new people.. *The roleplay department is getting boring :P *

Zora
01-09-2008, 02:11 AM
1.) KH: Square rarely create a good non-canon game. Revenant Wings and Tactics/Advance were the best they made. Dissidia also got a good hands-on preview. They are improving however, but still. I don't think it will be that create though... out of all of their spin-offs, the only ones I liked were Revenant Wings (a little) and Tactics Advance (didn't like Tactics that much). I doubt I will like this one.

2.) Final Fantasy XIII: Eh, looks like a generic sci-fi RPG to be honest. I think it will be decent, solid title, but I may be wrong.

3.) ToS2: This one isn't looking to be that great to be honest. I mean I imagine it won't be worse than Symphonia (ToS wasn't bad), but the story once again looks like a cliche (ZOMG! Lloyd's the bad guy), and I doubt the combat will be anythign worthwhile. It looks like it will be a worthwhile title, but nothing amazing...

KentaRawr!
01-09-2008, 02:50 AM
Since when were Tactics and Tactics Advance non-canon? And to what would they be non-canon to? They're only linked by Gameplay, and don't take place in the same universe. To state them to be non-canon to something would be immensely redundant. :p

Anyway, how I think they'll come out...

Kingdom Hearts 1 had very interesting gameplay, and the story was definitely all-right. But, after that, the series took a much more serious turn, really, with a very conspiracy theory feel to it. And the Gameplay seemed to suffer in 2, and from the beginning seemed to be more about stats then being careful in battle. So I wonder how they'll go with this one, and how the gameplay will feel, and whether it will require skill more than stats, or the other way around.

I'm not sure about FF13. Perhaps that's because we've seen so little, but hearing that the Battle System is going for FF7:AC style things makes me wonder exactly how well it's going to be executed. DBZ in my Final Fantasy game? I'm skeptical.

I've barely played any Tales Of games, so as for that, I've no real idea.

ljkkjlcm9
01-09-2008, 03:03 AM
I love Revenant Wings on my DS, and I never played the original FFXII, and don't really care to. Tactics/Advance were both wonderful, I just love strategy games.

However out of these three games, the only one I will be getting is Tales of Symphonia, and if little is changed from the first game, I'll love it. The whole catching of monsters sounds a little dumb, but can be implemented pretty well too I suppose.

THE JACKEL

Bahamut2000X
01-09-2008, 03:04 AM
1. I've only played KH1 and it was all right. I really had no idea what was happening except we were wandering around looking for people, then BAM bad guy, bad guy, bad guy, final boss! And yeah that's about all I can remember of that game.

2. FFXIII is well....no....but....yeah....no...SE is officially dead to me now. XIII looks to be the death of the series from what FF REALLY is. If Sakaguchi were dead he'ld be rolling in his grave with XIII.

3. Never played Tales of Symphonia. The only Tales I played was the original Phantasia and it was swell. I've seen the trailer for the second and it looks like it could be an awesome game. I'll probably pick up the first one just to know what the hell's going on in the second. I've also read somewhere that the games support multiple players in battles, so looks like I'll finally have a good RPG to play with friends for a change of pace.

Roto13
01-09-2008, 03:18 AM
Bahamut: The multiplayer will probably be a lot like Tales of the Abyss (PS2). That might be worth checking out. It's a pretty great game.

Anyways,

1. I didn't like KH 1 enough to finish it so I didn't play number 2, so I'm not particularly interested in this new one. I have no opinion.

2. The gameplay sounds awesome. Tetsuya Nomura can go die in a hole, though. Still, if all goes according to plan, I'll be picking it up when it comes out. I don't think his character designs and stuff will completely ruin the game. (They didn't ruin VIII or X.)

3. I'm super psyched about the new Symphonia game because I played through the first ToS about ten times. :P It's easily one of my favourite games. They seem to have done away with the chibified characters in favour of more "realistic" (as far as anime goes, anyway) designs. The basis of the story sounds stupid (well, the Lloyd part, anyway) but I'm thinking it'll be like ToS where everything changes at one point. Really, it could just be more ToS and I'd go crazy for it.

Bahamut2000X
01-09-2008, 03:21 AM
Bahamut: The multiplayer will probably be a lot like Tales of the Abyss (PS2). That might be worth checking out. It's a pretty great game.

Geez and I'm learning all of this now. Who was keeping this info secret from me all these years? :shifty:

ljkkjlcm9
01-09-2008, 04:49 AM

Geez and I'm learning all of this now. Who was keeping this info secret from me all these years? :shifty:

or it could be like the multiplayer in the original Tales of Symphonia

and yeah Roto, I suspect something will happen to change the whole good/bad view of things, just like the original game had it.

THE JACKEL

Roto13
01-09-2008, 06:34 AM
The multiplayer in both games is pretty much the same except the camera actually cooperates with the second player in TotA. :P (So I certainly hope it's more like that than ToS xD)

Ouch!
01-09-2008, 07:46 AM
The only taint so far on Birth By Sleep is the decision to employ the card system. Seriously, what the bloody hell? The plot seems redeeming enough as it's going to add some much-needed back story of the series. Hopefully it'll explain a lot more about the nature of the keyblades in particular. We went through the majority of Kingdom Hearts 1 with the impression that there was only one keyblade. By the end of the game, we're introduced to three, and then in the secret movies for the game we find out there's as many as five. Next thing we know, we get a secret ending for Kingdom Hearts 2 which shows hundreds of keyblades. My one beef with Kingdom Hearts as a series is stuff like that--there's a lot that really goes unexplained for the most part. I mean, it's an indication that there's a lot of life left in the series, but damn it's rather frustrating. I think Birth By Sleep, moreso than the other two announced titles, will help rectify this situation.

As far as Final Fantasy XIII goes, I've not looked a whole lot into it. Nothing about it has really grabbed my attention yet. It looks pretty, but that's about all I know about it. Oh yeah, Shiva's a bike. I'm interested to see where it goes; I know I'll get it, too. I don't expect it to be fantastic though. I find I like the medieval setting far more in Final Fantasy games anyway.

As far as ToS2... well, I went to buy the first game and it wasn't at Gamestop. I've rented it, but haven't played an awful lot. So far I'm not particularly impressed, but I'm not willing to give up on the game quite yet as it receives an awful lot of praise from most people I've talked to. I'll refrain from commenting on ToS2 until I've played the first. I have no experience with the Tales of series to base anything on. I'll be honest, though, I'm more interested in Tales of Vesperia.

The Majestic
01-09-2008, 06:27 PM
Well..those are some great opinions... as for the kingdom hearts theme ... I really think that they keep everything secret is that so at the end were dying to figure out what happens so that we buy the new game so we figure it out.. its like a mystery and thats what catches my eye.

As for final fantasy.. I haven't looked into it that much either but still final fantasy games at the beginning bore me but as the story line goes in deeper I begin to play non stop

As for the ToS2 I really loved the first one.. I mean I played it more then 17 times and beaten them all.. I was actually scared to sell it at the end but I managed and sold it to buy Other games.. but other then that Lloyd isen't really the bad guy here.. The bad guy is suppposed to be the characters you play with.. Thats the rumor I heard... The bad guys are you and thats why lloyd tries to attack you.. but I think it looks cool more or less... * And I believe my sisters bf is buying me a wii so Im satisied :P. *

Breine
01-09-2008, 09:12 PM
Although I'm a fan of the Kingdom Hearts franchise I haven't looked into this new title.. at all, so I don't know anything about it.

As for Final Fantasy XIII, I'm, so far, intruiged by the fact that they'll make two games.. one that is more actiony (Final Fantasy versus XIII) and one that is more like a traditional RPG (Final Fantasy XIII). So far nothing is really known about the games, but I've seen some trailers for both of them and they look absolutely beautiful. Even the in-game stuff I've seen from Final Fantasy XIII is breathtaking, and this White Engine they've created for the game is supposedly very powerful. Also, the gameplay seems cool, but also rather confusing.. but, we'll see when it comes out.

... and I've never played a Tales of Symphonia game before, so...