PDA

View Full Version : Getting the sword

PenguinOfDooom
01-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Ok, sorry but I forgot the name of that sword you get after talking to the Grand Kiltias, but anyway:

So in the crypt place where you supposedly get the sword that the grand kiltias tells you about, theres a hugs statue with it's sword blocking a passageway. im guessing the sword is in there, since ive explored everywhere else. Thing is, I havent been able to find out how to get rid of that sword/barrier. Is it something to do with those little statues that you can turn throughout the place? My game is in german, and my german isnt that great (cut-scenes are english thoguh :) so I haven't really understood how to do this... any help is well appreciated!

Thanks!

rayquaza0
01-13-2008, 08:24 AM
Are u talking about the Sword of Kings?
I think i remember it being actually on a wall, but dont listen to me, i havent been at that stage for ages, Im sorry =\

:greenking

marysonnie
01-14-2008, 06:16 AM
You need to turn the statues so they face the center of the shrine, I believe.

Anno Domini
01-14-2008, 06:57 PM
after you turn the statues, fight viniskuar and mateus (behind the collosus) swords enshrined on a wall, walk away. Level 33 makes life easy to. thats my two cents.

Vaan1980
03-26-2008, 03:17 PM
as marysonnie said you have to turn all the statues where they face the center of the shrine...

Aerith's Knight
03-26-2008, 03:43 PM
I defeated this level at lvl 26.. i b awsomesauce :)

qwertysaur
03-26-2008, 04:03 PM
Tips, when fighting Viniskuar, don't equip anything metal. There is an area effect that makes anybody equipping metal move very slow.

Roogle
03-26-2008, 04:41 PM
You should keep up with the latest equipment to ensure that you have no trouble with the surrounding enemies and bosses, too. You may wander around a lot because of needing to turn the statues the right way, you know?

Vaan1980
03-26-2008, 05:23 PM
you want to have the decent armor to kill enemies on your way there but once you get to vinuskar you want to switch over to a mystic armor or cloth armor to keep the slow down that is automatically in the room....

Clawsze
03-27-2008, 12:14 AM
...but remember to switch back for Mateus, as she can be tough...tip, reflected Thundara=Win

Big D
03-27-2008, 12:33 AM
Tips, when fighting Viniskuar, don't equip anything metal. There is an area effect that makes anybody equipping metal move very slow.I always wondered... which weapons can you use without getting slowed down? Fighting empty-handed would probably be even harder than carrying a metal weapon and being a bit slower....

Skyblade
03-27-2008, 01:50 AM
Tips, when fighting Viniskuar, don't equip anything metal. There is an area effect that makes anybody equipping metal move very slow.I always wondered... which weapons can you use without getting slowed down? Fighting empty-handed would probably be even harder than carrying a metal weapon and being a bit slower....

Use whatever weapons you want. Only armor is affected. In fact, I believe it just affects Heavy Armor. Both Light and Mystic are fine.

I say go with the metal though. More fun.

Vaan1980
03-28-2008, 01:20 PM

Use whatever weapons you want. Only armor is affected. In fact, I believe it just affects Heavy Armor. Both Light and Mystic are fine.

I say go with the metal though. More fun.

Heavy and Light armor are both affected... I read the guide about it.. Light armor just won't affect you as much as if you were wearing heavy armor... I just went in with mystic armor so I didn't have to worry about it at all... And yea don't forget to switch back before you go after Mateus...