PDA

View Full Version : Who is the true artist? [Design]

Polaris
01-10-2008, 01:13 PM
So the day before yesterday me and Megami were talking about Planet Renders foruns, where people who publish banners and other things like CD covers and other things, are very cliché (which means that people must have a standart way of design to be considered good: like they must know how to smudge and text must be always small and people must use c4ds).

But the problem is that design doesn't always involve brushes and c4ds! So who's the real artist?

- Those who make c4ds and brushes
- Those who mix the brushes and c4ds in banners/ wallpapers/ cd, dvd covers
- Those who create things from scratch?

White_Dove15445
01-10-2008, 01:57 PM
Hmmm, I think all three of them are real artists.
The first ones make things that are none existance, like C4Ds, do you know that they take such long time to create these images. They are not just random lines and dots, even C4Ds have meaning in them, thus each has a name.
The second ones they are real artists because they can mix many different things and come up with something very different from any of the things they used. That's very obvious in photomanipulation. Because mixing brushs, C4Ds and whatever else isn't easy either, no anyone who work on these can produce something worthy.
The third ones, well, these can be considered the best because simply making things from scratchs is very hard unlike mixing already existing things. Like drawing a girl who's standing with the sun behind her completely from a blank paper is different from placing a girl in front of a sun to make a manipulation from two images that you didn't draw yourself dot by dot.
I tried scraches and it's not easy, though in my tries I didn't draw anything major but the simpliest image took me at least 2 hours and I wasn't satisfied with it, while I could have mixed many images together and it won't have took me more than 10-20 minutes and it would have come out brilliant.
I think the real artist is the one who can transfere feelings through his work, no matter how simple or complicated that work is.
We always say in my country: 'Simple things hold deeper meanings, simpley cause they are simple'

Kanshisha
01-10-2008, 01:59 PM
well, from scratch!

it all depends on the person's creativity.. C4d's and brushes these days are just mere edited copies of another. which falls back on the option of ' from scratch ". the people who use the brushes and C4D's do have the creative mind, but worthless without the right equipment.

To my thoughts.. verdict is that the real artist is well, the perosn to started from scratch.

Also.. by scratch do you mean beginning?

White_Dove15445
01-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Scratch means an image made without using any kind of tool, like C4Ds, brushs, already existing image. My english sucks, anyway, it means that you get an empty paper and work on it with your hands using only the tools that are provided to you in the program you are using.
Simply, it means you own everything that is in that image dot to dot.

Kanshisha
01-10-2008, 02:12 PM
lol, ok, scratch it is!

rubah
01-11-2008, 09:06 AM
it depends on how well they use the tools they have to work with. You might say that by using a computer at all they are cheating since there's very little skill involved in adjusting things such as color and size, but anyone that has used a graphics program for more than five minutes will counter that argument :]

The true artist that takes whatever they have at hand to create with and makes a meaningful work out of it. brushes and props and graphic manipulation programs and your hands and fingers are just tools to create a vision you have in your head, it's all in how you use them.