PDA

View Full Version : Any Resistance: FOM fans?

Gilghamut
01-12-2008, 03:10 AM
I only ask because Game Informer dropped a huge bombshell with info and pics on Resistance 2.

60 player multi-player
8 player story co-op on a separate compaign from the single player one
Partially randomized geometry
Online matching
AI improvement with enemies becoming more aware of your presence, the closer you get to them.

There's more stuff, but that's just some off the top of my head.

Here's a comparison photo from Resistance 2 and Resistance 1 - http://www.enregistrersous.com/images2/169475854920080111220040.jpg

Markus. D
01-12-2008, 06:05 AM
I'm yet to play either.
Is it a shooter :]?

phbr
01-12-2008, 10:02 AM
I used to play Fall of Man alot when it was released (mostly coop with a friend but also online dm) but stopped when the first mappack was released, because I'm a cheap pc gamer :D ... but yeah, I read about Resistance 2 on IGN yesterday and got excited ... I personally like the idea of adding a class system to the game but I'm rather sceptic about their idea of adjusting the difficulty to the player's skill automaticly rather than letting him chose it for himself.

I'm yet to play either.
Is it a shooter :]?

yeah, it's a FPS made by Insomniac (Ratchet and Clank franchise) and was one of the only good titles when the PS3 launched :D

Old Manus
01-12-2008, 10:45 AM
I thought it was a pretty poor game (though I did play COD4 before Resistance), but I have yet to play the multiplayer which I hear is 'fucking honking' as they say in the valleys.

Bolivar
01-12-2008, 10:45 PM
i played it a little bit on my roommate's ps3 when it first came out. At first i wasn't really into it, but the more i played, the more fun it got and overall the first one's a pretty good game. now that i got a ps3 i might wait for Resistance 2, i'll see how it looks. Probably rent it first, i need a shooter that really does something for me in order to buy it.

Dreddz
01-12-2008, 10:59 PM
One of the first games I bought with my PS3. Its a so-so game in my opinion. Good for a first person shooter but Im not always satisfied with alot of FPS's. That said I beat the game pretty easily, but swiftly moved onto Virtua Fighter 5. Which consumed my life for the few months following. I never logged into online. Not once. I doubt Ill get its sequel.

Enjolras
01-12-2008, 11:57 PM
I thought it was a good game, but COD4 is definitely superior, both in single play and online.

Gilghamut
01-13-2008, 07:15 AM
I found the story in the game to be pretty good. I'm looking forward to R2 to see where it goes with Hale, and the Chimera attacking the US, while getting more into the Cloven.

JKTrix
01-14-2008, 12:52 PM
I played it for a couple of hours when I bought it, then put it down. I recently picked it up again to download the patch that would make it 'rumble' with my DualShock3, played it for an hour, then put it down again.

The game's actually pretty good, but doesn't really grab my attention.

I might consider getting the 2nd game if I ever finish the first and feel compelled to play more.

Dark Eternal Knight
01-24-2008, 01:28 PM
i played it a little bit on my roommate's ps3 when it first came out. At first i wasn't really into it, but the more i played, the more fun it got and overall the first one's a pretty good game. now that i got a ps3 i might wait for Resistance 2, i'll see how it looks. Probably rent it first, i need a shooter that really does something for me in order to buy it.

Same here. I played the first few levels of Resistance, and it didn't really blow me away. However, I will admit that seeing it was the reason I wanted a PS3 when it first came out. If I ever get a PS3, I'll probably end up getting both anyway, just to get a better chance of playing them. I'm not a rental kind of guy LOL.