PDA

View Full Version : I need help with the chat room

dare2dream
01-12-2008, 10:42 AM
When i use the chat room once and then come back using a different name people still know its me. How can i change this?

starseeker
01-12-2008, 10:59 AM
Why would you want to not be recognised? Anyway, the issue is with your IP address, it doesn't change if you leave/come back or change nicks. You could try a vHost but I don't see why you would want to.

Tasura
01-15-2008, 06:50 AM
Even with a vHost, it's the same vHostm and if he doesn't use mIRC he has to turn it on manually, so he'd still be noticed, and if he changed nicks to a non-registered one, the vHost would disable itself, so the only way to be not known is to not go on, or to go on from several different computers, but that'd be pointless.

crono_logical
01-15-2008, 08:46 AM
People shouldn't behave like a fool in the first place which causes them to want to try to start over clean - just start clean in the first place :p

o_O
01-15-2008, 09:16 AM
Use Undernet and set mode +x on yourself with different nicks. That'll work. :p

On Aexoden's server you aren't going to have much luck unless you change your vhost every time you reconnect. You could buy a shell account so that you have control over your hostmask if you really wanted to. You'd still have to change the hostmask every time you reconnect.

What clout said. :p