PDA

View Full Version : Barheim Key?

Forever Fantasy
01-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Wow, I haven't logged onto this forum in well over three years... Glad I finally remembered my password :p

Anyway; I've had this game a while and actually finished it with pretty high levels though I cannot for the life of me find that Barheim Key. I know where the door is that needs the key but I can't seem to find it. Do I earn it in a side-quest or do I have to walk around constantly mashing the X button?

Replies, please and thank you!

Gilghamut
01-12-2008, 08:41 PM
Yup, you earn it in a sidequest. I think you gotta talk to that guy at that small camp in the Estersand, that gives you the small cactaur hunt, he tells you about his wife is at that river camp. Then you talk to his wife and she tells you about this wounded explorer and you go on a quest to help heal the person. The end result is getting the key.

Though you might be able to start it just by talking to his wife first instead of him.

Quindiana Jones
01-12-2008, 09:08 PM
Gilghamut is half right. Well, more than half. But it's just a saying.

You must have completed the little annoying cactuar hunt thing. Then you take the flower to the guy's wife, who then sends you on a massive great journey, eventually ending in a Barheim Key. Also, if you keep something to do with a serpent, you can get a Golden Amulet fairly early in the game.

Wow, that was well phrased. Renmiri will come along soon and show us all how it's done.

Forever Fantasy
01-13-2008, 04:16 AM
Thanks to both of you. Though I'll be honest and say I'm not exactly sure which side-quest I have to finish and whether or nt I have done it or not yet... I'm assuming I did, though I don't have my memory card right now.

I need names as far as who gives me this flower, who his wife is and where exactly I have to venture to. But still, thank you though. What is actually in the passge after the door is open?

rayquaza0
01-13-2008, 07:43 AM
remember, while doing this sidequest, you'll receive a reward depending on the items you give, if you sold the ++Giant Serpentskin++ from a hunt then you'll not receive a better reward.

Just letting you know, i hope this helped you!!

:greenking

Forever Fantasy
01-13-2008, 09:54 PM
"Great Serpentskin"?

rayquaza0
01-13-2008, 11:20 PM
Eh sorry!
Its ++Giant Serpenskin++ you get from Maruader in the Mines ithink, it can sold at a merchant or kept and givento the girl

Forever Fantasy
01-15-2008, 09:40 PM
Hmmm... Yeah, I have no idea if I got this serpentskin or not. And I still can't find the key...

ff is da best
01-16-2008, 11:34 AM
you get to fight zalera somewhere near the end of the of the secret passage and you can find a zodiac escucheon, also the deathbringer if im not mistaken you steal it from a rare game( i forgot what its name is, i havent played this in a while).

marysonnie
01-18-2008, 02:14 AM
Deathbringer can be stolen from a Mimic-like creature in the Barheim Passage. In the screen below the gate crystal where the path forks towards the left of the screen, take the lower path to reach a small area. The rare game will look like a treasure pot and it's tucked against a wall and a rock.

Getting the Barheim Key involves completing several hunts and various forays into areas of Dalmasca Estersand. If you're as far along as you say, then it's not really worth going into Barheim unless you're a total complete-freak like I am.

Forever Fantasy
01-19-2008, 01:49 AM
Lol, thanks marysonnie. I'm not a freak (at least not in the FF aspect) :p though I did want to know what lied beyond that door. I swear it was added into the game just to taunt me... Despite how busy I've been I have had a sliver of time to try obtaining it and still fail. Eventually I'll give up and go back to try finding Lulu, Tidus and Kimahri's Celestial Weapons in FFX... Oh the humanity ;)

marysonnie
01-23-2008, 05:07 AM
The Esper beyond the door has a time limit, and if you're at high levels, you can easily beat him. He does tend to spam "Prime Lvl Death" when he's got low HP (which sucked because EVERYONE was level 43 when I fought him) but aside from that, he's a total cakewalk compared to a lot of other Espers.

Beyond him, there's a secret path that leads into the Garamsythe Waterway, but that's a very small detail in of itself. The Deathbringer is a nice sword, but at +90 to attack, it's probably below or equal to your current weapons. It occasionally (or in my case, consistently) inflicts KO on your enemies, which actually annoyed me when I was attempting to steal loot.