PDA

View Full Version : For all you Pokemon Diamond/Pearl fans out there

Roto13
01-12-2008, 10:25 PM
Go pop in your game card and go to Snowpoint City. :P

Momiji
01-12-2008, 10:30 PM
Ooooh~ Pretty!

Note: Roto forgot to say it, but make sure your DS is set to the right date and time.

Vermachtnis
01-12-2008, 10:43 PM
Shinies! Like the badges.

Arc_Master_14
01-12-2008, 10:57 PM
there was nothing there I noticed what was it supposed to be?

Markus. D
01-13-2008, 01:01 AM
12/01/08

<3

Shiny snow~

Tavrobel
01-13-2008, 01:46 AM
I don't get it. What is it supposed to mean?

Markus. D
01-13-2008, 02:01 AM
Celebrating the birthday of Jun'ichi Masuda or something.

It was honestly nothing special...

JKTrix
01-23-2008, 04:48 PM
Random 'Hidden' Thing I just saw.

Taking a break from Advance Wars, I popped in Pearl again. I went to the screen that tells you how much time you played and shows your badges and stuff, and when I looked at the badges I accidentally brushed the screen with the stylus. And it made a noise. So I'm like 'hm, that's weird' and did it again (on purpose). Sure enough, noises were coming from the badges when I swiped the stylus over them.

After I did it a few times, I noticed that the badges got lighter in colour. So, I focused on just one badge and just started rubbing it. Sure enough, it got lighter and lighter until it started shining. Badge Polishing! Fascinated by this crazy little thing, I proceeded to polish my other 7 badges. So now, all my 8 badges are sparkling. I was tempted to break out my retired, 2-year old Japanese copy of Diamond to do the same, but decided against it.

But it doesn't end there. I decided to rub them again after they were polished to see if anything would happen, and noticed that they each make a different musical tone when you tap on them. 8 badges, 8 notes, one full octave. So not only can you polish your badges, you can use them as a xylophone!

I just clicked around on the internet a bit, and lots of other people already know this :P So I guess I'm just slow, but that's definitely not something I would normally do in the game. If you didn't know this, try it!

Note: Another Nintendo DS game features 'polishing', something most of you probably never even considered playing. Custom Robo DS lets/makes you polish your parts after battle to keep them clean and in good working order.

Roto13
01-23-2008, 04:50 PM
I think I figured that out after I got my first badge. xP Pretty cool. Takes a while, though.

Tasura
01-23-2008, 09:22 PM
Yea, I figured out the polishing thing after my first badge too, I should probably play more, since my first badge is like, my only badge.

Fynn
01-23-2008, 09:40 PM
I noticed this accidentally. I was showing my badges to a friend of mine and then he tapped them with the stylus... I bet you know the rest :D

Sir Lancealot
01-23-2008, 09:46 PM
But it doesn't end there. I decided to rub them again after they were polished to see if anything would happen, and noticed that they each make a different musical tone when you tap on them. 8 badges, 8 notes, one full octave. So not only can you polish your badges, you can use them as a xylophone!

You can do this even without them being polished.

Nominus Experse
01-23-2008, 10:46 PM
I believe the badges create a C-Major scale when polished

Fynn
01-23-2008, 10:48 PM
If you don't polish them and try to play it, it sounds a bit like C-major, but it's unbearably off-tone.

JKTrix
01-24-2008, 01:01 PM
If you don't polish them and try to play it, it sounds a bit like C-major, but it's unbearably off-tone.

Wow. I love easter eggs :p

Luther X-Rated
01-24-2008, 06:06 PM
:D Yeah I heard that somewhere before?