PDA

View Full Version : Battle Square dilemma

MedctnStn
01-13-2008, 04:50 AM
What materia does everyone use on cloud when trying to get the keystone and/or his lvl 4 limit break manual? i have tried using mostly his enemy skill materia for the keystone, but only manage to get through about three battles before ending it.

another question- i always thought that the max amount of GP you can keep is 10,000, but yet cloud's lvl 4 limit break manual you need over 60,000. how do you keep that much? i' m a little confused.

cloud21zidane16
01-13-2008, 02:43 PM
Its been a while, but make sure you have some decent skills for enemy skill such as healing wind, big guard which you should use after about the 2nd-3rd battle depending how strong you are, matra magic is useful, while the best being trine and beta;)
try not to use to much summon materia as it only brings HP down and it this point isnt too useful in the battle arena, Hp plus can save you a lot of mp and wasted time on healing
Equip a jem ring or fairy ring as your accessorie

To get the items at the battle arena you need battle points, you get this as long as you dont die, getting all the way through will get you more points, also at the end try and make the handicaps as bad as possible as you will gain far more points, thats if you can handle it;)

You will need to get through all 8 rounds many times before you have enough points for omnislash, it may be better to come back for it later when your stronger, i also recommend going for the champion belt, which raises strength and vitality by 30:cool:
Make sure you have enough GP to have enough goes in the battle arena, this is why its easier to come back later as you can earn lots of GP by racing chocobos:choc2:

If youve really set you rmind on getting omnislash like i was on my last play through, then go back to Junon where the broken elevator is ansd set off the alarm, you can then get lots of exp fast in that area which raises your levels dramatically for this point of the game:D
Feel free to ask more:)

Aerith's Knight
01-13-2008, 02:54 PM
i get through it all the time

buy loads of HP plus from cosmo canyon
equip ribbon-like accesoires
pick one offensive materia(bolt2 etc) with all
and cure1,2
sometimes also usefull to have mini/toad materia

ow and get lots of remedies, concorpia, echo screen, etc

Captain Maxx Power
01-13-2008, 04:00 PM
Not one to brag but I usually do Battle Square with only the Buster Sword/Bronze Bangle, no Accessories and no Materia. :cool:

Aerith's Knight
01-13-2008, 04:09 PM
Not one to brag but I usually do Battle Square with only the Buster Sword/Bronze Bangle, no Accessories and no Materia. :cool:

checks stats.. cloud lvl 99 :)

cloud21zidane16
01-13-2008, 05:14 PM

If thats true then well done:D

Captain Maxx Power
01-13-2008, 10:46 PM

checks stats.. cloud lvl 99 :)

Actually he's only level 60ish atm, though I did get Omnislash when he was just 40ish.