PDA

View Full Version : If all I plan on doing with the ps3 is playing non online games is it stillnecessary

darkchrono
01-13-2008, 07:00 AM
to update it. It sounds like most of the system updates have to do with online features. Well if all I plan on doing with it is playing regular games that don't go online is it still necessary to update it?

Gilghamut
01-13-2008, 07:07 AM
The PS3 games come with the latest firmware updates, which are needed to play the latest games, so you will have to go through an update process which is done right off the disc instead of online if you don't ever use the PS3 for any online activity.

darkchrono
01-13-2008, 07:16 AM
Ahh ok, so anything that may be needed to play a new game on my system that update will be automatically there when I put the disc in.

That's cool, that would be alot better than having to constantly look for updates to put in on my own.

Roto13
01-13-2008, 04:34 PM
Doesn't it automatically search for updates?

Namelessfengir
01-13-2008, 08:20 PM
not if you dont connect it to the internet

Bolivar
01-14-2008, 01:23 AM
the only thing i've come across personally is installing another os, the updates made it so you don't need a certain install file, so none of the newer installation programs for the different linux brands come with it, i didn't connect when i was doing all this so i had to hunt it down myself. But if all you're planning on doing is playing ps games offline, i guess you wouldn't need that.