PDA

View Full Version : PSP Formatting MS

Comet
01-13-2008, 08:34 PM
Damn...I formatted my memory stick on my psp, but before I did that, I dragged my save game files onto my computer. After I formatted, I dragged the game save files back, but when I play my game...there are no saved data files. Is there any way to get them back, or am I screwed forever?

Hazzard
01-13-2008, 08:42 PM
Waht u talkin' bout dawg?

o_O
01-13-2008, 11:38 PM
Have you restored the directory structure? I haven't really played around with the PSP's storage card much, but try restoring the following file tree (PSP being the root directory - don't create it).

PSP/game for PSP software (not save data)
PSP/music for music
PSP/photo for pictures
PSP/savedata for all of your save files

In your savedata folder, you should have a bunch of subfolders with names like ILJS00002 (it's the product code of the game). Inside each subfolder, you should have a couple of icons (icon1.png and icon2.pmf), a sound file (snd0.at3), a background picture (pic1.png) and game metadata (param.sfo).

If your existing savefolders don't have these icons and restoring the directory structure doesn't work, try wiping the card clean and making a new save for the games you need. Then check if the missing files are on your memory card and replace into the old folders as necessary.

Serapy
01-21-2008, 05:27 PM
If o_O's advice didn't work, then I'm guessing you didn't drag the whole files such as from other folders that are responsible in saving data for your games.

Yrkoon
01-23-2008, 08:31 PM
when formatting the memory stick all the file structure gets remade with the correct folders.

did you back up the folder that says SAVEDATA? as there will be multiple folders in there with all the save points and if you just overwrite the current save data folder on your psp with your back up it should work.