PDA

View Full Version : Playing PSX Imports

Rostum
01-13-2008, 11:11 PM
Well, as some of you know I ended up getting Swap Magic CODER for my PS2, so that I could play all the PS2 games I somehow obtained...

But I was wondering, what is the best boot disc I could get for imported PSX games, that also supplies cheat codes (much like CODER does for PS2 games)?

Do most of the cheat code discs boot up backup and imported PSX games? What are the best ones?

o_O
01-13-2008, 11:25 PM
I've never used any of the Gameshark or Action Replay discs, but Breaker Pro is fantastic for PSX "imports". :p

Rostum
01-14-2008, 03:49 AM
Yeah, I saw that one. I might just get that, because I can't be bothered looking around for one with codes as well...

XxSephirothxX
01-14-2008, 03:53 AM
I don't know about cheat codes and maybe it doesn't work with imports, but you can play regular burned PSX games on your PS2 without needing a disc at all.

Just put in a regular PSX game on the PS2 menu and let it read the disc, then use the slide tool to replace it with a burned disc and boot.

Carl the Llama
01-16-2008, 07:22 AM
erm... not that im trying to accuse you lot of anything but, isnt playing burned games illegal?

That aside if you want to play imported PSX games (which I do on my computer) get ePSXe, its simple and then you can import PSX games and play them on your PC.

.:kerrod:.
01-17-2008, 04:18 AM
step off, narc :p nah, it IS illegal, but i mean, they're PS1/X games, which aren't even sold anymore and are extremely difficult to obtain, and the companies have made all the money they're going to out of these games, so i dont have any moral objection...well, that's how i see it...

Rostum
01-21-2008, 01:05 AM
First of all, I never said I played pirated games.

Second, I actually do and I really couldn't care. :p

Thirdly, you can still buy PSX games just not brand new. (Check it: eBay)

Fourthly, I'd rather play it on my PS2 if there is the chance (which there is, was just asking about codes and stuff).

Thanks again for the help guys, I will just go with breaker pro.

o_O
01-21-2008, 02:35 AM
Did you try using a legit PS1 disc? I haven't actually tried it before (not sure why, I have Swap Magic and a slide tool). :p

Rostum
01-21-2008, 04:31 AM
Yeah, it didn't work. Must be because my console is PAL or something. Can you get PS1 games to work with swap magic? I thought you couldn't, that's why I had been asking. ^^;

XxSephirothxX
01-21-2008, 04:49 AM
Nah, they don't work with swap magic. I'm surprised my method didn't work for you, though, if you tried it. Maybe it is the PAL thing.

o_O
01-21-2008, 07:55 AM
On my PAL PS2 I successfully used a memloader to boot PS1 games (sometimes :p), using a legitimate copy of GT1 as a boot disc. It rendered a small chunk of my memory card "corrupt" (actually it's just the loader), but the drawback is that I can't delete it.