PDA

View Full Version : Uk Meetup 2008. ROUND TWO!

Agrias
01-14-2008, 02:48 AM
Alright people! Its time to find out who's cool or not. I'm making it a goal to make it out there this August, at the avid request of Iceglow. Lets talk sleeping arrangements, events, day trips, booze nights and overall, whoooo is making it out this year?

Fonzie
01-14-2008, 02:51 AM
I nominate Paul.

agrudis
01-14-2008, 03:38 AM
I could tag along, but I think I might've been away from EoFF too long to be welcome... or possibly too annoying.

Agrias
01-14-2008, 03:40 AM
Well it doesnt really matter if you havent been here. Come anyways.

theundeadhero
01-14-2008, 05:44 AM
I might be able to make August. I was just talking to Iceglow yesterday about the official yearly April one too.

Sergeant Hartman
01-14-2008, 10:55 AM
If only you'll just stop by in Wales.

Loony BoB
01-14-2008, 11:21 AM
All the cool kids will be in Edinburgh in August.

hero: If you intend on being in the UK in August, seriously, you gotta go to Edinburgh at some point while Dan/Danielle/???/???/??? and myself are all there. I'll save you some floorspace.

Heath
01-14-2008, 11:24 AM
If only you'll just stop by in Wales.

North or South?

Old Manus
01-14-2008, 11:33 AM
North Wales is beyond the Woollen Curtain. Nobody dares venture into it.

Sergeant Hartman
01-14-2008, 11:36 AM
South represent.

Captain Maxx Power
01-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Anyone heading to London or there abouts?

Shauna
01-14-2008, 04:05 PM
I know that some time between the 5th and 20th of April, I will be in Wigan - near Manchester. That's pretty much the only time I'll actually be IN England. :p

Zeldy
01-14-2008, 04:19 PM
I know that some time between the 5th and 20th of April, I will be in Wigan - near Manchester. That's pretty much the only time I'll actually be IN England. :p
I'm going to Wigan within that time to see Shauna and Mike aswell~ If the meetup is in Manchester then I could come for the day, I live in St Helens, it's not far.

theundeadhero
01-14-2008, 05:15 PM
If you let me know ahead of time when everyone will be visiting Edinburg this August, there's a good chance I can make something work BoB.

Shauna
01-14-2008, 06:44 PM
I'm going to Wigan within that time to see Shauna and Mike aswell~ If the meetup is in Manchester then I could come for the day, I live in St Helens, it's not far.

We could all go. At the SAME TIME. xD

Madame Adequate
01-14-2008, 07:00 PM
I'm tempted to go.

And bring a lighter and a can of hairspray :)

Rye
01-14-2008, 07:24 PM
I'm tempted to go.

And bring a lighter and a can of hairspray :)

Be nice. *smack* :kaoangry:

Zeldy
01-14-2008, 07:25 PM

We could all go. At the SAME TIME. xD
That would be ace <3

I vote April.

Cookie
01-14-2008, 07:39 PM
I'll only go if Alice supplies me with a top hat.

sillybuttons™
01-14-2008, 07:58 PM
Are all EoFFers welcome to the meet? I would love to meet up with yas and have a drink and whatnot sometime but I've only been a member of this forum for a month and yous hardly (if at all) know me. I live in Gateshead, right beside Newcastle (party capital of the world) so if yas are gonna be up this way will yas let me know. None of my friends are into FF or most of the stuff I'm into but you lot are so it would be nice to meet some of yous. Anyhoo, just a thought. Hope yas have fun whoever meets up. :mog:

ReloadPsi
01-14-2008, 08:04 PM
I'll try. More likely to make the "official" one though.

Are all EoFFers welcome to the meet? I would love to meet up with yas and have a drink and whatnot sometime but I've only been a member of this forum for a month and yous hardly (if at all) know me. I live in Gateshead, right beside Newcastle (party capital of the world) so if yas are gonna be up this way will yas let me know. None of my friends are into FF or most of the stuff I'm into but you lot are so it would be nice to meet some of yous. Anyhoo, just a thought. Hope yas have fun whoever meets up. :mog:

Meetups love newbies. Just tell them you're coming and then turn up. Easy.

sillybuttons™
01-14-2008, 08:50 PM
Meetups love newbies. Just tell them you're coming and then turn up. Easy.

Sounds good to me. I'll keep an eye on this thread and let ya all know if I can come. Got a demanding job (and boss but who hasn't) and two kids so I can't commit but I would love to be there (If only for a few drinks or even a maccy dees or something). Hope to see yas all soon. :mog:

Hazzard
01-14-2008, 08:55 PM
Is it OK if I come?

Jess
01-14-2008, 09:03 PM
It depends where it is, where I am at the time, how much money I have and when it is because if possible I may be going to the Edinburgh one. :jess:

Quindiana Jones
01-14-2008, 09:43 PM
SOMERSET! I can go anywhere in Somerset for free. Wooooo bus travel!

I know....just a little selfish.

Hazzard
01-14-2008, 09:54 PM
Oh, so I'll take that as a no then.

Iceglow
01-14-2008, 09:54 PM
I actually told you to get your cute lil' butt here for EASTER :P However a second meetup around August/September may also be possible ;) Now, As for the Official one Eyes on Final Fantasy Meetup 2008 with some ridiculous sub title and background story is yet to be planned out, however I will get on the phone and bitch out the usual suspects for arranging one and we'll see. We don't mind new people turning up so long as they follow the usual rules which is:

No fighting, no causing trouble for us in the hotel or any of the places we go to, we're here for a good time not for someone to end up in a police cell so be respectful
No alcohol for under 18's (with a girlfriend studying English Law and working in a supermarket, I'll be the first to know if this has changed, no matter how much pleading, begging or sexual favours you offer no one over the age of 18 will buy alcohol for you if you can't get served yourself, note this will also apply to DVDs and other age restricted products, no matter what you or your folks say)
Parental permission of those under the age of 18 is also a must! Especially if you wish to stay the night(s), we do have somewhere a form drawn up that will be signed by your parents also their contact telephone number will be required so that they can be reached by the organising party at any time.
If you intend to bring a girlfriend/boyfriend/partner with you and wish to share a room with them it is up to you to book an entire double room and fund the cost of this, prices will be announced as soon as we have chosen the location, the hotel and the dates of the meetup. Same if you do not wish to share a room with random, strange people(last year Amratis was our only female member spending the 2 nights at the hotel, she ended up sharing with myself and Theundeadhero. This was decided upon pretty easily although Hero was essentially a newbie to our meetups we trust him)
If you are unsure about the ability you have to spend the night(s) in the hotel please do not place yourself on the hotel booking list until you are completely certain, the more we book for the more expensive it becomes when they fail to show up. I know it sounds whingy but if I recall correctly last year EVERYONE who spent the night was confirmed the only one not to spend the night who had booked in was Psychotic due to illness (though he did drag his sick sorry ass to Birmingham for a day and made most of us ill in the process) this meant the 2 nights in the hotel we stayed in cost a whopping £20 a person (estimate based on my memory). The previous year when something like 20 people booked and maybe 10 stayed it cost a hell of a lot more and we spent only 1 night in Birmingham (no estimates as I spent the night in a private room with my then girl, that cost me £50-70 or so though for a reference) Please remember your fellow EoFF members on the whole are most likely students or those in low paid jobs and they will be in financial difficulty if you mess us about. We have considered with large numbers to request a small deposit so that if you do fail to show we can recuperate some of the cost.

Theres possibly a few others I forgot to mention but these are the core ones, the reason for the last one is, some people are strange and dislike sharing, we're not going to burden the cost of their room if they're the only one in it that room becomes their responsibility, same goes for couples no one else wants to hear the muffled sounds or not so muffled sounds of you having sex in the same room, if you expect to share a bed (and in some cases even a room) together then you order one, Note we prefer that you book your own hotel room if you wish to have a private room since that way it is no financial strain on us we will however give you full details of the meetup location, hotel and even the best way to book it (phone/website) Those who don't have the ability to book a room due to a lack of a credit/debit card can either ask a family member to book in their name or transfer the funds for the room to one of the organisers via bank account transfer, that is the only situation we will book a private room for someone. Last note, rooms are shared, it doesn't matter if theres 2 or 3 in your room you all pay an equal share of the bill for the hotel and we don't use the mini-bar/roomservice if you want alcohol we choose cities with good night life and plenty of bars if you want food there is ALWAYS somewhere to eat nearby.

The age rules, well...firstly it's breaking the law with the first rule about drink, smokes and all the other wonderful stuff with age restrictions. If you can get served yourself no problem. The parental consent rules are in place because some of you tender young people might have an idea to just come out and visit us at the meetup and your parents might assume since some of us are indeed older than you and considered adults that we are trying to corrupt you in to joining in with an orgy or something, it's purely to protect the organisers of the meetup from possible lawsuits or legal action. I/We will not be accused of kidnapping you, no slip, no contact number, no meetup for you. Harsh but when you think Kidnapping is a serious offence, accusations of paedophillia and other such nasties can not only ruin our lives and reputations they can also put us in prison for many years I believe it to be more than fair, if you end up drinking underage on your own violition we will have no responsibility for you and will call your parents to either collect you or inform that their darling brat is now in a hospital being treated for alcohol poisoning that they acquired on their own accord.

Violence and trouble making is self explanatory, anyone showing un warranted aggression or violence will be asked politely to pay their share of the hotel bill and leave the meetup. They will not be welcome in the hotel rooms and if needs be we can and will involve outside authorities. I have always seen the meetups as a gathering of close friends in form of the veterans and those who will soon be amongst the elite veterans themselves. I have no wish to call the police to have someone from EoFF arrested/removed for violent/aggressive behaviour but I will not be intimidated or afraid to do so.

A long post and pretty strict sounding but if you think about it, these rules really aren't hard to follow and are there to ensure that those who do come have a good time partying and generally terrorising in the only possible good sense of the term the city of choice. For the last 2 - 3 years the meetups have been in Birmingham City Centre for the reason that the city is very central on the rail (3 train stations in Birmingham last I counted)/coach networks (even planes with the international airport just 1 stop away by train) and therefore easily reached by all for a similar cost of travel for those within the UK we also know the hotel we have used for atleast the last 2 meetups, it's nothing flashy but it's very central and quite comfortable and very affordable, those flying in from outside the UK will ofcourse pay higher but it's ok because we're the cool guys you WANT to meet (or in some cases, BE)

Zeldy
01-14-2008, 09:56 PM
You know what, there is too many rules. Is that huge list a joke? you're just making me not want to come. If we need 'parental permission' then I'm out, no way I could get to Birmingham anyway.

Cookie
01-14-2008, 09:58 PM
You should make your text larger so it's not a total hassle to read.

EDIT: Why do I need my parents permission?

theundeadhero
01-14-2008, 10:04 PM
The list says that if you're like, 9, you aren't allowed to drink and you have to have your parents sign a waiver to go. Also, you have to pay for hotel staying.

You need parents permission so we can't be arrested for kidnapping or lolliconning.

Zeldy
01-14-2008, 10:11 PM
Like I couldnt just forge it, god.

Seriously though, these rules are humorous.

Cookie
01-14-2008, 10:11 PM
I'd like to go, but I wouldn't be able to get parental permission, or even bother trying, so I'll pass. :p

Iceglow
01-14-2008, 10:16 PM
The rules are in place especially the Parental permissions one for the safety of all involved, the worst case scenario being some overzealous mother or father presses charges against the organising group, remember some of us veterans are now in our early - mid twenties it won't look good if we're seen to be sharing hotel rooms with 15 year old kids without their parents knowing. Especially if in the case of Zeldy they're female and we're male (what would Zeldy's mom think if she heard her daughter had slept in the same room as a 22 year old guy without her consent? We wouldn't be given a chance to explain it was innocent if you're below legal "adult" age we'd be in the wrong), we could easily be accused of being misleading or abusing a position of power as responsible adults. I also seem to recall that the hotel indeed do request parental consent for those under 18 to visit the hotel unattended by a parent or guardian (note legal guardians consist of adult family members or care workers only). I know the parental permission rule is an ass, but if you look at previous meetups it has never been a problem for people. Themagicroundabout came to the first meetup I went to and Curtis then was 14, his parents dropped him off with a signed form to agree to his prescence, it's purely to absolve us of legal liability.

There is in fact 5 rules listed there, the sub points are merely more detailed information regarding the rules. So don't think we're trying to take the fun away the shortest version of them is:

don't be an asshole by starting problems
don't be an ass by trying to convince us to supply illegal substances to you
don't be disappointed by not having the ability to stay at the hotel because you did not gather the right permission.
don't book a room if you aren't certain you're comming because it's a pain in our asses and we'll think you seriously suck for driving the cost of the bills up.

If you're visiting for the day then parental permission may only be needed if you're under 16 but I'm not 100% sure on that, I believe the original age limit for parental consent was introduced for legal reasons.

If you can't make it to Birmingham, don't worry we've been discussing a different locations since for some of us it'll be very "samey same" if we go there AGAIN.

As usual I'll point out my first paragraph on that long post, nothing has been designed yet merely brief convo's held with certain people who usually help organise the event or would need huge amounts of preparation time to get there (like hero)

Shauna
01-14-2008, 10:17 PM
Yeah, I won't even be with my parents when down in Wigan. And there's not too much chance of me getting to Birmingham either. Ah well. xD Maybe another time. :) Or if it's NOT Birmingham, then maybe I might have a chance.

But, if I were to go, it'd just be a day trip thing, methinks. =]

Jess
01-14-2008, 10:19 PM
Yeah, there aren't that many rules, the amount of text just makes it seem like that. :jess:

Is this going to be in Birmingham again or is a location undecided?

Iceglow
01-14-2008, 10:23 PM
It's possible that there meetup will be Birmingham if we cannot decide on another city that provides the transport links we're looking for. However, we'll consider other locations but be warned, Although Oxford is probably the most central place in England when we're talking for the entire UK Birmingham is pretty much the most universally central place.

Theres a lot of consideration that has to go in to making the uk meetup because in our country, political correctness has gone wrong and also people are terrified that the person who speaks to their darling brats could be a paedophile. Hence the rules, Rule 1 about no fighting is just because I aint going to be looking to split fights up as an organizer I'd just say "get the smurf outta here"

Please also note though I jokingly refer to the Easter weekend meetup as the "official" uk meetup it's not officially affiliated to Eyes on Final Fantasy, Warren W and Micheal M have no control or responsibility for this meetup neither do any of the staff members who may be present (hero, Psychotic) It's become a symbolic meetup however often considered as the "official one" but if you don't like it's rules, can't make it's location then there is NOTHING stopping you from making your own meetup locally, some of us with more financial freedom may even put an appearance in if possible I'm not going to hijack this thread however as the "official uk meetup 2008 thread" the posts referring to it are however just a reminder that there are rules in place and to tell you we're not past stage one of the planning.

Madame Adequate
01-14-2008, 10:26 PM
lol, school trip

theundeadhero
01-14-2008, 10:27 PM
Iceglow, as long as it's Easter weekend like normal I have no problem going. I just need to know a week ahead of time. Other then that put me down for however many hotel days. If it's not in Birmingham, well, then that's just means I ride the train longer from Birmingham Airport (unless there's a closer airport!) and may have to switch a station or two. No problem for me. I do it all the time in Germany and you guys have the advantage of speaking english.

DK
01-14-2008, 10:28 PM
I'll be going to this.

Baloki
01-14-2008, 10:32 PM
*insert generic insult here*

Am I supposed to go to this or something? Write back asap please,

~Baloki

Edit: I need to sign a permission slip? WTF!?!??!??

Jess
01-14-2008, 10:33 PM
If I pass my driving test it's not really an issue to me where the meetup is. The issue will be money, date and whether I'll be in the country or not. :jess:

I don't understand why any of these rules are a problem to people because they are pretty valid rules. Even though I could get parental permission for any of the previous meetups, I didn't go because I had problems travelling there and also because I was under 18 and couldn't drink .etc. I just made a decision to go to a meetup after I have a driving license and after I turned 18.

I'll be going to this.
I'm sold. We will pain the town Newky Brown!

Iceglow
01-14-2008, 10:39 PM
Loki ofcourse your smelly fur fag ass will be comming :P (you know you love me)

Hero, no problems I'll get my head together with jack and maybe mike this month on msn and we'll put it all in motion.

DK HELL YEAH if only an xbox 360 didn't weigh so much but we will probably have a ps2 unless someone wants to bring a Wii (notice, the tv's in the hotel we use in birmingham suck and you need an RF box on most of them to connect, I believe Mike has one and we got a ps2 working by component cable last year)

Jess, keep me posted as soon as you pass that driving liscence remember you're a short train ride from me, perhaps I'll come up to colchester/chelmsford and meet you, chip in on fuel costs :)

Baloki
01-14-2008, 10:42 PM
I see what you did there you Sasquatch, I'm still not getting no permission slip signed though!

Iceglow
01-14-2008, 10:43 PM
You need permission? You're the one that rule was made to protect the most...you'd be a complete target of any lawsuit involving indecency and minors :P

Baloki
01-14-2008, 10:45 PM
Coming from Mister "I wanna rape Psy HARD"? Sureeeeeeeee, I wouldn't touch anyone under 18 anyways, not my bag, I prefer the over 90's personally :p

Edit: Also I'm only 17 according to most of the bouncers :/

theundeadhero
01-14-2008, 10:50 PM
Oh no the homo-eroticism.

Baloki
01-14-2008, 10:53 PM
Oh no the homo-eroticism.

Hey I didn't start any of that stuff last year, it was all Psy and Iceglow, their out to corrupt America's Youth I tell you :/

Iceglow
01-14-2008, 11:03 PM
Psychotic is secretely a girl named Paula so wanting to rape her hard is not gay! However, she is looking like a bag full of spanners! Now as for the homo-eroticism, Jack is a damn fountain of the stuff he merely exists to be told he's in smurfin narnia!

Loony BoB
01-14-2008, 11:38 PM
I'll be going to this.
So long as you don't spend the difference between being able to go to Edinburgh and not being able to go to Edinburgh on it >=O

Agrias
01-14-2008, 11:38 PM
I'll only go if Alice supplies me with a top hat.
llol, i'll find you a goddamn top hat and bring it over...on my pen0r

Is it OK if I come?
Yes its ok if you come, is that even a question!?

I actually told you to get your cute lil' butt here for EASTER :P [/i]

LOL, either way, i'm coming~! As for the rules they're put in place for a specific reason, the breaking of these rules will result in you getting raped by psy. I'm sorry, its just the way it is. As for arrangements, we still have about 6 months to go, but costs should be discussed as well as where people are coming from. In all honesty, because i'm all the way in canada, i'm probably gonna end up staying for about a week, but i'm also bringing a friend with me so i'm not stuck in the uk alone, in a hotel room, crying, peeing my pants, scared :skull::skull::skull::skull:less.

hahaha, I'M EXCITED! EVEN THOUGH THERE'S HOMOEROTICISM!

Heath
01-14-2008, 11:49 PM
North Wales is beyond the Woollen Curtain. Nobody dares venture into it.

I did. :(

Birmingham is a bit out of the way for me, really. Manchester or Liverpool and I'd consider it, but I really can't foresee circumstances in which I could afford to go to Birmingham or spend a night in a city as foul as Birmingham. Also, too far.

CimminyCricket
01-15-2008, 12:19 AM
I'd love to go, but i won't be able to this year, save a spot for me next year! ^_^

Madame Adequate
01-15-2008, 12:19 AM
Psychotic is secretely a girl named Paula so wanting to rape her hard is not gay! However, she is looking like a bag full of spanners! Now as for the homo-eroticism, Jack is a damn fountain of the stuff he merely exists to be told he's in smurfin narnia!

Pauline son, Pauline.

Iceglow
01-15-2008, 01:04 AM
Now once again, as all the times before when mention of an EoFF meetup begins, arguments and whinging sprouts up about the location, Birmingham for one isn't even 25% as bad as you guys make it out to be, I wonder if any of you have ever been there and really spent time in the city. Strangely London comes up as a location frequently I can say right now. A meetup in London will either involve a REALLY REALLY terrible hotel to keep the costs level with the rest of the UK, or it will involve horrendeously higher fees, greater chance of being mugged, arrested, beaten up, more crime than most cities bar Nottingham actually in the UK. How do I know this? Well aside from having spent the last 22 years of my 22 year long life living in London. I also arranged a mini meetup in London for my birthday to run through I will post details of the hotel involved and the events of my birthday meetup...

The hotel was some old office building converted to a student hostel it cost around 40 quid per night still for a room where the bed was terrible the space spartan the shower and bathroom shared 1 per floor. Only 1 bed per room anyone else either would be crashing on the floor in sleeping bags (and in the room psy got there wasn't even space for more than 1 person really but it cost the same as jack's room which would have slept 3 maybe even 4 if they didn't mind being all on top of each other) I got to crash on chairs put together, god that was not comfortable.

Aside from the very spartan hotel, the complete lack of private amenities....yada yada yada the following took place to Jack on my birthday.

He got very drunk it's true and spent a :skull::skull::skull::skull: load of cash so much he indeed believed he had been mugged, this probably had something to do with first some guy in the club beating him up and then later a bouncer doing the same, poor guy got knocked about and thrown out of the club, me and psy had already consigned jack to his fate by this point by leaving earlier pissed off with him for not listening to us when we said he was too drunk and we should go before he upset more boyfriends of girls.

He later almost gets beaten up by some people in leicester square. I count 3 beatings or possible beatings in 1, 4 hour period.

He collapsed on a bridge over the Thames and the only piece of good luck that occurred that night was some goths woke him by poking him with sticks and then helping him get his bearings to stumble back to the hotel.

He then almost got arrested for being drunk by a wpc, he manages to get her to give further directions to the hotel but had to refuse being admitted to hospital for his injuries and alcohol poisoning or intoxication as was more likely.

He gets back to the hotel by about 5am and is given the time he has left before about 9:30am to get the hell rested, cleaned up and out of the hotel room before the staff deposit his belongings on the street outside or charge him for the terrible room again. Note, we were expected to vacate the building both morning of my birthday and morning after by 09:30 or so for the cleaners to go around, that being said it wasn't truly safe to leave belongings in the room either.

Now look at the above and compare to Birmingham:

The hotel rooms come with TV, private bathrooms, soaps and shampoos even toothpaste is provided.

They cost approximately less over 2 nights than the 2 rooms jack hired for my birthday per person and can sleep 3 comfortably on beds which are nice, clean, soft and made.

You don't have to evacuate the building to let the cleaners in and the room is indeed secure and safe for belongings including laptops and ps2s to be left in. You'll find stuff tidied but not missing/messed with.

You don't get beaten up unless you truly provoke the people by stepping on some serious toes, we've NEVER had problems on a birmingham meetup with that, old bats in next door hotel rooms complaining to management yes, punchups in pubs, members getting smacked about by bouncers? no.

London Aquarium costs around £20 a person, traditionally the meetup goes to the birmingham sea life centre...that costs around £12 a person doesn't seem much but thats your lunch right there.

Pizzahut in birmingham tolerates our rowdy, crowd with good graces and pleasant smiles, if we acted like normal even in the queensway branch in london, we'd be asked to leave (for those not realizing, my girl happens to be a trainee manager there alongside a law student) or the police would be involved.

Sure London is the capitol and Ken Livingstone would have you believe it's great and yes in moderation if you don't get drunk or are from around the area you'll be ok, generally because you'll walk away or know how to handle yourself. However I really think a london meetup with all the trimmings of a normal meetup would cause a lot more problems.

oh and last thing: Hotel room based off a booking for the 15th april 2008 with Britannia hotels 1 nights, 2 adults standard twin/double room (the ones we've used for the last 2 meetups)

Birmingham hotel we use normally: £69 a night
London Britannia international (the most centrally located hotel they own in London): £185 a night.

Need I truly post any more comparisions, a London 1 day travel card costs for an adult anything from £6.80 - £15.00 depending on how many zones required, most likely 1 - 4 which costs: £9.40 a day. In Birmingham you travel for free since all of the main things are in walking distance of the hotel through heavily pedestrianised city centre areas.

Lets, please please consider this one, London in all honesty is not a good location for a meetup especially not when you can go to a 3 star hotel (if I recall the rating for birmingham correctly) for £20 a night more split between all who go who stay at the hotel. 3 or 4 of you sleep in that twin room and it's down to about £22 a night, maybe even less or the more people going the less it costs.

Agrias
01-15-2008, 02:05 AM
Where are the international airports?

Psychotic
01-15-2008, 03:59 AM
sillybuttons and Hazzard, you'd both be welcome. :up:

The rules are there for a good reason. A gang of adults (I use the term loosely) encourages teens they meet on the internet to sneak out behind their parents' backs to meet them and spend the night with them in a hotel room. Said teen is plied with copious amounts of alcohol and exposed to...*shudder*...furries. The Daily Mail and Panorama would team up to rape our eyeballs out, man.

Anyway, the non-violence thing is bull:skull::skull::skull::skull:. At the last meet up, they all piled on top of poor sick and ill me. One half of my face ended up being smothered by Amy's boobs, which was pure torture of course. The other half was the recipient of a crazy diving punch from Jack. And then Steve, oh man that crazy smurfer, he grabs my balls and squeezes them. Why? I don't know. Maybe he just thinks I'm pretty.

I'll be going to this.Oh don't get their hopes up like that you wicked man.
Pauline son, Pauline.Vancouver took a bit more thought.

Where are the international airports?Where?

Jack
01-15-2008, 05:01 AM
Wow... Meet-Up stuff. Why do I feel responsible?

MY DRUNKEN NIGHT IN LONDON

He got very drunk it's true and spent a load of cash so much he indeed believed he had been mugged, this probably had something to do with first some guy in the club beating him up and then later a bouncer doing the same, poor guy got knocked about and thrown out of the club, me and psy had already consigned jack to his fate by this point by leaving earlier pissed off with him for not listening to us when we said he was too drunk and we should go before he upset more boyfriends of girls.

He later almost gets beaten up by some people in leicester square. I count 3 beatings or possible beatings in 1, 4 hour period.

He collapsed on a bridge over the Thames and the only piece of good luck that occurred that night was some goths woke him by poking him with sticks and then helping him get his bearings to stumble back to the hotel.

He then almost got arrested for being drunk by a wpc, he manages to get her to give further directions to the hotel but had to refuse being admitted to hospital for his injuries and alcohol poisoning or intoxication as was more likely.

He gets back to the hotel by about 5am and is given the time he has left before about 9:30am to get the hell rested, cleaned up and out of the hotel room before the staff deposit his belongings on the street outside or charge him for the terrible room again. Note, we were expected to vacate the building both morning of my birthday and morning after by 09:30 or so for the cleaners to go around, that being said it wasn't truly safe to leave belongings in the room either.

Cheers for that Iceglow. Don't I look like a prat now? :) I will probably add that I DID get some money stolen. All I got were cuts and bruises and a bloody nose. We have knives in Swansea. :)

COMPLAINTS

Anyway, since some people have some serious shame factors with their parents and won't just admit that they like FF, let me explain. In the UK (before you ask, the event is in the UK, so thats valid for all), because of the following reasons:

CRIMINAL ACTION

While I can understand you're thinking, I'd just like to say this:
You're wrong.
Say something goes wrong, criminally. There is a fight. The Police are called.

A child under ten is not considered to be capable of deciding whether an action is right or wrong. They cannot be taken to court and charged with a criminal offence.
If you are aged ten but under 14 years old you are considered to be responsible for a criminal offence and are treated in the same way as any young person under 18. This means that you can face criminal proceedings, although your case will normally be dealt with in a youth court.
If you are under 18, you cannot normally start court proceedings in your own name and a litigation friend - usually your parent (or guardian) - must act on your behalf.

Interestingly...

A parent can be held liable for their child’s negligence if the parent failed to take reasonable care to see that the child did not cause harm to others.

And if that isn't enough:

1995 CHILD LAW ACT
Defines child as a person under 18. Parental responsibilities under the Act supersede analogous common law duties imposed on parents but do not replace specific statutory duties. Parental rights end when the child reaches 16. Parental responsibilities or duties end also end at that age except the responsibility to give a child guidance, which lasts until a young person reaches 18

Legally, while YES you can do "what you like", your parents/guardians STILL have the legal authority when it comes to "guidance". As such, because THE LAW backs us up, we'd like to know you've had your parents "guidance" when it comes to the matter.
I don't think you're looking at this from our perspective. Try it. This meet-up is created by members for members. We have no "official" backing for this from Eyes On Final Fantasy - Largest Final Fantasy Resource Online (http://www.eyesonff.com) for this. As such, all blame is directed at US. Did you read that? US.

Don't know about you, but I don't want to be connected to some smurfing allegations of internet horror stories.

For example, if you "do what you like", then if you get arrested/have a accident then your parents have to be informed (as such of you being under 18). Imagine explaining (If you're alive) to them you were at a Internet meet-up in Birmingham...
No doubt, your parents will BLAME US. Again: BLAME US. The subsquent investigation will do the following to us:

- Disrupt our lives. I'm sure Iceglow has better things to do then be questioned about what happened to YOU
- Damage our reputation. I'm sure my family/friends/work will be THRILLED when i'm part of a investigation involving a "stranger" at a Internet meet-up
- Hurt eyesonff.com reputation by association. I'm sure the admin will LOVE that.
- Prevent future meet-ups for fear of this sort of thing happening again.

As much as we'd love you to come, we like ourselves better than we like you. (No offence) and we're only asking we speak to your guardians or someone who knows of where you are and why. We appreciate their guaidance. After all, you are still a child. :D

P.S-
As for forging in Zeldy, hilariously, we can still show that form in our defence. That would mean our blame factor is off our heads. However, I wouldn't forge that because that means we can sue your parents for stress and inonvnience. :P Also, we'd just send you home! Sweet eh?

MISC.

Oh, yeah count me in. Easter or September... Although the latter may be harder because I think I'm holiday-ing with the fianceé.

As for "its too far" : It costs me from Swansea £7 on the train which is 2.5hrs. Wow people, you really have it bad.

Agrias
01-15-2008, 06:07 AM
Where are the international airports?Where?

In around the meetup area. Its just i`m gonna be coming from Vancouver international, so i`ll need to know where to go.

Cz
01-15-2008, 10:34 AM
As much as you guys are trying to ruin this with banking regulations and fiddle contest waivers, I'd like to go to one of these. It's been a while since I spent a night in a hotel room with a bunch of people I'd met the previous hour.

Jack
01-15-2008, 02:17 PM
By the way, we totally need a subtitle for the Wiki. Otherwise I can't update and frollick with the sheep...

The wiki has been given a re-design and new pages. Now fully linked and stuff, check it out.

Baloki
01-15-2008, 03:57 PM
exposed to...*shudder*...furries.

I notice I'm being singled out again, maybe I shouldn't go if I sacre you that much Psykins?

Iceglow
01-15-2008, 06:24 PM
Now, strangely Fur Fag you're still going to come! I insist!

Jack put it straight I'm likely to be the main man organising this, at 22 I aint going to be treated lightly by police if something happens to you Forging parental consent is fine, giving me a false phone number to call your mom or dad on is not so easy. I'd not be happy about it either at all, I'd be down right outraged with you for the deception and probably tell you to get the next train/coach home even if I had to buy a new ticket for you. Hard I know but better than life damaging accusations of paedophillia or kidnapping.

Jack you may have knives in Swansea, but last I checked Swansea was still a cake walk compared to London. I've been to both, got horrendously drunk in both. We have also got higher gun crime rates in London. I also used my birthday "mini meet" as an example of how bad a night in London can go for people, don't believe me wait until you're waking up in Paddington Police station (the one where terrorists are held) or a London Hospital beaten and bloody, drunk outta your damn mind. Mostly why I'm going to veto London right now is because of the cost though, I cannot justify the cost of a half decent hotel, bear in mind the one we used I REFUSED to use the shower meaning I had to wash in the basin installed in Psy's room not to mention I would not stay in the hotel in London since I live there meaning you would not get lower costs from my presence.

The violence thing is more: "don't get angry and cause a real fight, messing about is fine, punchups aren't" and Psy I grabbed your balls because you were winning the mess around fight, you know I know no boundaries. You also forgot the immediate hug tackle that sent you sprawling on to the concourse of Birmingham New Street station.

Madame Adequate
01-15-2008, 07:20 PM
Vancouver took a bit more thought?

The fact that my first thought was "That's in reference to me?" shows that even with more thought than I use, you fail.

Anyway yeah the law is gay and so are people who follow it :cool: :che:

Jack
01-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Iceglow is the main organiser. I'm just using old posts and re-using them in a more modern context.

As for the Swansea has knives - I was kidding. Chill boyo.

ReloadPsi
01-15-2008, 11:13 PM
This isn't gonna turn into the "official" meetup is it? There still hasn't been anything up about the usual Easter one unless I totally missed it. I can probably only afford to come to one, so I wanna make sure it's the "proper" one.

Anyways, didn't the place in Birmingham cost us less then £20 each last time? That's what I remember paying out anyway.

Psychotic
01-15-2008, 11:53 PM
I notice I'm being singled out again, maybe I shouldn't go if I sacre you that much Psykins?You don't want to go anyway, you're just trying to come up with excuses! :irked:

Old Manus
01-15-2008, 11:59 PM
Leaving the house/parent's basement: Serious business.

Levian
01-16-2008, 12:47 AM
What's with EoFFers and meeting up in August? Stupid month.

Agrias
01-16-2008, 05:28 AM
Well if august doesnt work for people then maybe we can agree on another date.

Kirobaito
01-16-2008, 05:49 AM
I'm going to be in Edinburgh from September 17th to December 17th. I need to start paying attention to these threads, because I would actually be able to attend one of these things.

Loony BoB
01-16-2008, 09:58 AM
I'm going to be in Edinburgh from September 17th to December 17th. I need to start paying attention to these threads, because I would actually be able to attend one of these things.
Ooh, really? We should catch up on one of those days, definitely. :) I can play local tour guide, or something.

Baloki
01-16-2008, 11:24 AM
Are we still using the old test of if it was a good meet? You know the one where if I don't have food/alcohol poisoning by the time I get off the train home it wasn't a good meet?

Breine
01-16-2008, 05:39 PM
If only I lived in the UK...

Agrias
01-17-2008, 06:50 AM
If only I lived in the UK...

If only IIIII lived in the UK. It would save me about 1200 in costs, hahahah, plus about 300 more for food and such

Psychotic
01-17-2008, 07:36 PM
300 in food? Jesus christ what the hell are you going to be eating?

zorander
01-17-2008, 08:11 PM
I'm up for this one so long as i have a month or two notice.
Also, I wanna do a "Free Hugs" event wherever we go. That's be an hour or two of fun that's cheep and easy to do. :D

Edit: Also, if, just for arguments sake, we where to go to Birmingham and stay at the same hotel, arrive on Saturday the 5th leave on the Sunday, to book now, prices per room would be:

Single room £58
Double room £63
Twin room £63
Triple room £89

Cheapest room combos:

6 people: 89x2= £178 = £29.66 each
7 people: 63x2+89= £215 = £30.71 each
8 people: 89x2+63= £241 = £30.12 each
9 people: 89x3= £267 = £29.66 each
10 people: (89x2)+(63x2)= £304 = £30.40 each
11 people: 89x3+63= £330 = £30 each
12 people: 89x4= £356 = £29.66 each

This is just assuming we have a between 6 and 12 people staying there, but it's a rough idea of the total price to expect then be divided amongst all involved to make it cheaper all round.
So it would be cheapest if the number of people staying at the hotel was a multiple of 3.

Agrias
01-18-2008, 05:42 AM

Everything. I eat ALOT for someone my size. Its pretty ridiculous. I usually eat large meals almost every two or three hours, even at night time. It just depends on how busy we get with events and stuff. All i know is i need a bunch of spare money to last me a while.

Roogle
01-18-2008, 06:08 AM
I might be in the United Kingdom in the later summer, but I am not interested in official meetings like this. I would not mind having lunch with some of y'all, though.

Everything. I eat ALOT for someone my size. Its pretty ridiculous. I usually eat large meals almost every two or three hours, even at night time. It just depends on how busy we get with events and stuff. All i know is i need a bunch of spare money to last me a while.

Are you really travelling out for the meetup, Alice, or is there another reason for the trip involved? It seems like such a hassle with forms to fill out and all that. Anyway, the most expensive part of staying in the United Kingdom has been the hotel everytime. Lodging is very expensive sometimes...

Baloki
01-18-2008, 08:47 AM
I still need to arrange a Manchester Meeting of minds at some point, also Heath's train here has been featured in the local paper as being a train to a swinging 60's weekend...

Agrias
01-18-2008, 10:33 AM

Are you really travelling out for the meetup, Alice, or is there another reason for the trip involved? It seems like such a hassle with forms to fill out and all that. Anyway, the most expensive part of staying in the United Kingdom has been the hotel everytime. Lodging is very expensive sometimes...

I reallllly want to travel, anywhere...and be with friends while doing so. Thus the obvious choice is the meetup, WHY NOT!? I've never travelled outside of British Columbia since i've moved here and i'd toootally love to meet you crazy people at least ONCE in my gosh darn life. Lol. I think the paperwork and such is worth it. ;D

Iceglow
01-23-2008, 06:46 PM
Ok mega bumping time, sorry for this admins, but I've not been here and there are obviously questions directed at me that require serious answers...every bump happens for a reason!Well the reason for this mega delay of me replying to y'all is: BT cut my damn phone and internet off I'm at the girlfriends to type this message and will only be able to access her internet irregulary now and again perhaps 2 times a week...oh noes! Hopefully I should get BT sorted and be back online by mid - late feb.So here goes. I have a cellphone, many members have this number therefore if I am to be the main organiser once more of the Official EoFF 2008 UK Easter Meetup ~ "Here's one I made earlier" then I'm going to be the mystery man with 3 nipples (apparently it's true) working by proxy probably meaning Jack, Loki or some other poor sod (Agrias) will be posting for me if theres anything at all that requires an automatic or instantaneous response they can reach me and let me know and I'll tell em what my stance is.

So far this is the easiest thing to do:

Follow last years template, it worked well. we went easter weekend (someone with a calendar please check those dates) If Zorander doesn't mind then I'll call him ask him to keep an eye on bookings and let him take care of that. I should be back in a couple of weeks to take full control of this planning session. For those looking for last years Psychotic will be good enough to provide links.

Jess
01-23-2008, 06:51 PM
Easter is in March this year, right?

Zeldy
01-23-2008, 07:17 PM
Ok mega bumping time, sorry for this admins, but I've not been here and there are obviously questions directed at me that require serious answers...every bump happens for a reason!Well the reason for this mega delay of me replying to y'all is: BT cut my damn phone and internet off I'm at the girlfriends to type this message and will only be able to access her internet irregulary now and again perhaps 2 times a week...oh noes! Hopefully I should get BT sorted and be back online by mid - late feb.So here goes. I have a cellphone, many members have this number therefore if I am to be the main organiser once more of the Official EoFF 2008 UK Easter Meetup ~ "Here's one I made earlier" then I'm going to be the mystery man with 3 nipples (apparently it's true) working by proxy probably meaning Jack, Loki or some other poor sod (Agrias) will be posting for me if theres anything at all that requires an automatic or instantaneous response they can reach me and let me know and I'll tell em what my stance is.

Follow last years template, it worked well. we went easter weekend (someone with a calendar please check those dates) If Zorander doesn't mind then I'll call him ask him to keep an eye on bookings and let him take care of that. I should be back in a couple of weeks to take full control of this planning session. For those looking for last years Psychotic will be good enough to provide links.

I don't see why there has to be a "main organiser", all it is is a group of friends meeting up, I don't see what the big deal is! It's funny that even though Agrias was the one who suggested a meetup it's kinda been..taken over :p I don't see why it has to be such srz business. (No, I'm not going on about the whole 'PARENTAL PERMISSION LULZ' dilemna cause', basically, any one under 18 might as well not bother and I've accepted that)

Old Manus
01-23-2008, 08:18 PM
She's just butthurt that she can't go :chef:

Agrias
01-23-2008, 10:06 PM
Well in the first place i really only mentioned it. I personally cant be the lead in actual organizing considering i dont live there, and dont know anything about costs over there. So while i did happen to start the thread, my uk minions are doing the dirty work for me >:D
LOL!!! JK!!

Also, for you people thinking "omfg why the hell do we need organizers!?" Simply put, would you rather go there and end up sleeping in some creaky, smelly, mossy hostel or even the street because the "plans" you personally made for a hotel turned out to be crap? I thought not. Planning for this event is ensuring that ALL the attendees will be comfortable and safe while on this meetup. So dont complain, or else you WILL be sleeping in a hostel somewhere, alone and defenceless.

As for you Iceglow! I'm no poor sod! hahahaha

Psychotic
01-23-2008, 10:12 PM
don't see why there has to be a "main organiser", all it is is a group of friends meeting up, I don't see what the big deal is!If it's not a big deal then who cares either way? :greenie:

Cookie
01-23-2008, 10:55 PM

I don't see why there has to be a "main organiser", all it is is a group of friends meeting up, I don't see what the big deal is! It's funny that even though Agrias was the one who suggested a meetup it's kinda been..taken over :p I don't see why it has to be such srz business. (No, I'm not going on about the whole 'PARENTAL PERMISSION LULZ' dilemna cause', basically, any one under 18 might as well not bother and I've accepted that)

qft, imho

Garnie
01-23-2008, 10:57 PM
DAMN IT PEOPLE DERBY FTW!!!
i dunno if i can make it! it depends really.
if i did would probablly be for the day. or i could just do what i did last time and call iceglow on his mobile and talk to you all that way lul!!
i know i keep promising to go to these things but the truth is jay(my wife lulz) is a bit funny with me going to these things coz he thinks ill get pillliged lul! hes a bit over-protective!
but if i convince him your all not murdering scumbags ill come!

Iceglow
01-24-2008, 12:53 AM
I know some of you younger ones believe it don't need no arranging but heres why we arrange:
<br><br>
1) the hotel needs booking in advance, walking in off the street asking for a room essentially is stupid, not only can they be fully booked leaving you without a bed for the night as pointed out by Agrias, they can also charge legally whatever the hell they like for the room since you have no reservation...this can lead to double or even triple rates on a room, using Zoranders prices that means even a 58 quid (polish keyboard, no pound symbol lol) single room can be in excess of 100 quid per night...that = ouch on your wallet. Not to mention if you do book enough rooms for people and then they don't show up it drives the costs up a lot higher, without someone making sure the hotel booking is done purely for those going and someone making sure that they have a concise and accurate list of the turning up members at all times available it's going to get messy fast. Then theres the "well what the hell will we do in xxx city?" some poor sod has to look up that city on the internet or tourist information board and find this out, how to get around to these places and the various transport links you'll need ect ect...how do we know this? we've done multiple meetups and learnt from the experiences.<br><br>2) You'd honestly be surprised how fussy hotels, venues, restaurants ect can be. I know it's a group of friends but not every hotel is as understanding and some reserve the right to refuse to host a group of young people if they believe they may be rowdy...the hotels and restaurants we've used the times I've been are exceedingly tolerant of the crap we put them and their other guests through, I'd love to ask the pizza hut staff why they tolerate us.<br><br>3) if there was no one to organise things and get the ball rolling it wouldn't happen. Simply put...someone needs to get a headache and a lot of crap from people like yourself Zeldy and you too Cookie who disagree. The rules are all in effect purely to protect those who are going especially the parental consent I and anyone else (take the undead hero for an even better example since he is older than me, or zorander) over the age of 18 can do without the headache of what can happen which by the way is something we developed because it has happened to other such events in the world, one case of it happening means it can happen again the document we ask for is purely a disclaimer meaning that we cannot be prosecuted no matter what happens to you. We are in effect asking for you to be allowed to make your own mind up about right and wrong. If you are under 18 you're welcome to come I aint the one saying don't I'm just saying that to stay the full meetup you will need that form filled in and the money to pay your way. (PS, Zeldy..."I'm not even going on about the rule blah blah blah but..." very obviously you're making a statement about it because you're disgruntled by the rules. Please if you want the headache of making a second meetup go ahead be my guest but good luck finding a hotel that'll take a bunch of under 18's or a bunch where some people under the age of 18 will be sharing rooms with those over the age of 18 without parental guidance or consent. Like I said, the forms were for ours and the hotel's benefit not for anything stupid why not ask Curtis/themagicroundabout how difficult our rules are since he was only 14, not that we believed it...when he came to the meetups to see us if your parents are that strict about it you can try the "well speak to the guys organising it before disagreeing completely." sounds stupid but I or another organising/responsible person will be happy to speak to them about it and reassure them that we're not a bunch of murdering/raping paedophilles)<br><br>4) Why am I the organiser? I don't have to be the organiser, it could well be psy, loki, jack, zorander, amratis, kaggs....or a committee of some of us together anyone with the experience to do one could be an organiser. To be blunt after last years meetup we weren't going to use EoFF to make the meetup and would have relied upon an e-mail ring or similar to make a private one. It was I who said, no lets keep the tradition going and do an EoFF meetup 2008 therefore I'm the one with the headache, frankly we can all do without it the rules aren't a negotiation since we're doing this and none of us veteran meetup members are getting younger so we've gotta watch our backs legally around the younger "up and comming" members of the site looking to go to a UK meetup. Should this be an issue for me or anyone else hey I'll be willing to make this a 'private' affair where only those we know/want/trust/like come main reason for this not being that already is merely my desire to keep the uk the number one country for meetups and well this means I get to suffer a lovely headache that will only go when I get to see the fruition of my labor and that will mean a successfull meetup where everything runs smoothly, theres not a time line of events such as: 0845 everyone gets up, 1200 lunch it's more: ok, we stay at this hotel, the hotel doesn't have a curfew but it can be grouchy about late returns if we're noisy. we can eat at these various locations at any time and this is the nearest 24hr convience store if anyone is hungry at night...bars are here, here & here and we need to take this number bus/call a cab/take the metro to get to the following places... strangely this information and "planning" can take weeks to gather and someone has to do it.<br><br>Garnie we'll definitely be keeping our cellphones on and so on so sure if you can't make it to birmingham then you can give some of us a call and speak that way. We are as always open to calls especially when we're phoning Mister Towns at work and yelling about his aussie accent down the phone, he knows he loves it really!<br><Br>Now if anyone really wants to arrange their own meetup go ahead this is something we do each year and have learnt that they do need organising because of the difficulties people may face. The fact that our meetups are quite the infamous or famous you decide symbol of the UK EoFF member base means over the years the one held at Easter (which is the one I refer to in all posts at this point in time, Agrias to arrange one around your visit I'd need HARD dates of when you will be in the UK, it's all good talking about a soft plan but without dates so I can truly put things in to effect I won't begin organising a meetup for August) has become the "official" meetup for the UK, to further punctuate the point of why we need organisers...guess why it's guaranteed to happen at easter, year in year out and everyone who has been to one (atleast the ones I've been to) has had a good time? Because we're organised we don't just all meetup and then try to make things fall in to place.

Jack
01-24-2008, 07:54 AM
THE REAL BIG DEAL
Why do eoff-ers have such a DEAL talking to their parents? Seriously. They gave birth to you, and you don't even trust them to allow you out the house. I understand teenage rebellion, I used to be one (Until Iceglow turned up at my house and proceeded to sleep naked in my living room eating Pringles) and yeah, I understand. But honestly, why do you think that a simple "sign this" disclaimer which just protects people (which are on the same side as you) from legal problems. Why are you so against this? Yes, it may be embarassing to admit to your parents "Hi, I like people from the internet" and then go. But is that really worth us throwing all caution to the wind and hoping something won't go wrong?
Life isn't like that. God, some people can be such CHILDREN at times.

PLANNING
Iceglow is right. He's watched people arrange (like myself) these meet-ups and that's all well and good. They DO take lots of planning. Hue amounts. I was calling around the clock, and this was during my exam period at college. It was worth it though, and I was glad to take part.
I hate to say this, but my plan is the base for the last couple of meet-ups, and it's worked well. Much discussion around the UK has been had (Honestly. I really did travel a lot) and Birmingham is the easiest place to get to for everyone. Money-wise and distance-wise.

DATES
Honestly, its not THAT long away. It's March 21-23. Which restricts member acceptance time. We're gonna start need definite names on this list soon... Here's my proviosionary list:

Coming
Iceglow
Jack
Psychotic
Baloki
zornader
amratis
kaggski
xxthebadgemakerxx

I'm gonna get hold of some other people. Through various methods. SHOCK HORROR.

ReloadPsi
01-24-2008, 09:09 AM
Give me some time to see if I have money... like maybe two weeks? I'll let you know then.

Guys, newer members are allowed, and encouraged. We need some kind of proof that people still give a :skull::skull::skull::skull: about this place :p

Baloki
01-24-2008, 09:45 AM
I can't get another holiday now until first week of April xD If I begin now I might be able to get some covers for the weekend but it's doubtful :p

Jess
01-24-2008, 01:20 PM
I might be coming, but I can't give a definite yes yet.

Iceglow
01-24-2008, 01:23 PM
You need to get that sorted loki I won't accept phoning Daniel Towns without your innocent phone number to hide behind!<br><br>Now seriously, if your interested please please let us know, I'm willing to relax about parental consent forms IF you are comming for the day not the weekend and are willing to deny any such meetup occurred.<br><br>PS. Jack I may have slept HALF naked in your lounge on the sofa but I did not eat the pringles because as we well know I deteste crisps/chips of any variety. (excepting fries)

zorander
01-24-2008, 04:25 PM
Just a price update:

Room prices for the 21st -23rd are now at:

Single: £56.50
Double and twin rooms: £61.00
Triple: £79.00

If i'm going to book this, i'd like to have the number of people staying at the hotel no later than Friday 29th Feb.
For preference, the sooner the better, otherwise we run the risk of having no rooms to book.
Would I be pushing it to ask for the final details within the next week?

Shauna
01-24-2008, 04:34 PM
March = lol school

So, no chance of me even being anywhere near England, let alone at a meetup. :p Oh well. Maybe another time!

Iceglow
01-24-2008, 07:11 PM
Due to the easter weekend this year being a "financial smurfup" for so many, and a bit of a crap time for some of the others me and Jack earlier were considering a break from tradition and organising the meetup on to another weekend, theres 2 in mind please please please be quick getting back to Jack or myself directly as to if you could possibly make these days:<br><br>Friday March 28th through to Sunday March 30th<br><br>or<br><br>Friday April 4th through to Sunday Arpril 6th<br><br>We're thinking the same pattern meetup as last year with 2 nights in the hotel since this is a good design with the least "aww I gotta keep off the drink because I  got a train at 8am" situation, so indicate on the hotel requests if it's 1 or 2 nights you're with us.

Flying Mullet
01-24-2008, 07:24 PM
Wow, you guys get really organized for this.

Imagine what world problems you could fix if you directed all of this energy towards them... :p

Zeldy
01-24-2008, 07:55 PM
THE REAL BIG DEAL
Why do eoff-ers have such a DEAL talking to their parents? Seriously. They gave birth to you, and you don't even trust them to allow you out the house. I understand teenage rebellion, I used to be one (Until Iceglow turned up at my house and proceeded to sleep naked in my living room eating Pringles) and yeah, I understand. But honestly, why do you think that a simple "sign this" disclaimer which just protects people (which are on the same side as you) from legal problems. Why are you so against this? Yes, it may be embarassing to admit to your parents "Hi, I like people from the internet" and then go. But is that really worth us throwing all caution to the wind and hoping something won't go wrong?
Life isn't like that. God, some people can be such CHILDREN at times.

xDDDDD oh my. No, parents are more worried that these "people from the internet" could be old men who just want to do bad things to their son or daughter, actually, so it is a BIG DEAL. I know that my parents would never even consider allowing me to meet up with, in their opinion, "complete strangers" because they think that "anything could happen".

[/end].

Iceglow
01-24-2008, 08:02 PM
Wow, you guys get really organized for this.Imagine what world problems you could fix if you directed all of this energy towards them... :pGiven the right funding, the necessary governmental powers we could between us remove world debt, destroy cancer aids and a whole other bunch of nasties and also make world peace that truly works the cost: several billion us dollars, world religion and snacks, lots of snacks and alcohol!

zorander
01-24-2008, 09:27 PM
I would only be available for the second option: April 4th - 6th. And even then, i'd only turn up in the afternoon/evening of the 4th as i'll be coming straight from work.

Baloki
01-24-2008, 10:22 PM
I hear that if you move it from the Easter Weekend Jesus won't be able to make it, sounds like a risk to me?

Agrias
01-25-2008, 04:43 AM
I'm available to come on any of those dates. Sign me up for whenever you decide to have them, i can easily get covers for those shifts.

Jack
01-25-2008, 07:30 AM
NO, THIS IS THE BIG DEAL
No, parents are more worried that these "people from the internet" could be old men who just want to do bad things to their son or daughter, actually, so it is a BIG DEAL

Please explain who the big deal is for. Honestly. The entire gist of your complaint is that you have no faith in your parents (which I find terrible) and want to do things behind their back. How is that better? Is it protects you from any "shame"? We've made it clear we have no problem showing you what we look like. Hell, we even met someone's parents. We have no problem, we're not trying to do these things in secret.
The disclaimer is designed to protect us, it protects our rights, it acknowledges that your parents are your guardians and allows us not to worry that we're gonna get accused of whisking you away from them without their consent.

I know that my parents would never even consider allowing me to meet up with, in their opinion, "complete strangers" because they think that "anything could happen".

(I like to point out here that I first came to these meet-ups when I was just 17. I didn't get raped, nor did I get abused.)
I'm sorry, but your attitude is childish and single-minded. You prefer things covered up, in secret, at the risk of people with jobs, degrees, relationships = RESPONSIBILITIES.
Have you seen Mr Murat, concerning the Maddie McCann case? His life has been splashed on all the papers, his life is ruined. Best bit: He might not have done anything. An extreme example, but how easy stuff can be ruined. Did you know charges relating children don't go away? Explain how my fianceé (who is aware of this meet-up and may even go) will feel with her fiance with a child abuse accusation on his record?
By the way, if you personally think I am an old man looking to perv, here's me and my fianceé:

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2286/n516052589946228361mh7.jpg
I am 20. I actually did child-care (and therefore vetted by the Goverment.) I go to University. I have a normal job. I live with my fianceé. I like to think of myself as normal, and happy.

Now you tell me that you would prefer to keep a "nice" relationship with your parents rather than protect my wonderful life. Some of these people involved are my friends, my actual IRL friends who meet up for birthdays, anniversaries, get-togethers. I would fight tooth and nail to protect them from getting their lives ruined. That's what friends do.
I know some people here have complained about these disclaimers (which is laughable, considering its a tick-box and an signature) because they seem too much, for what is supposed to be a fun get-together. Well, I'm sorry, but I like me, I love my fianceé and (in a platonic way) I love my friends. Their lives matter more then your (IMO) silly attitude concerning your parents.

As such, this is a big deal.

DATES

Rant over. When it comes to dates, the latter is seemingly more popular, so I'm gonna rally everyone up for them. I'm gonna assume they're better for everyone. So unless Iceglow (I'll call him tomoz) says different, the latter is best.

List
Iceglow
Jack
zorander
Baloki
agrias

ReloadPsi
01-25-2008, 12:29 PM
Whichever weekend it is, it looks like I can come!

Just waiting for an update on which weekend so I can book it off work.

Cookie
01-25-2008, 04:08 PM
NO, THIS IS THE BIG DEAL
No, parents are more worried that these "people from the internet" could be old men who just want to do bad things to their son or daughter, actually, so it is a BIG DEAL

Please explain who the big deal is for. Honestly. The entire gist of your complaint is that you have no faith in your parents (which I find terrible) and want to do things behind their back. How is that better? Is it protects you from any "shame"? We've made it clear we have no problem showing you what we look like. Hell, we even met someone's parents. We have no problem, we're not trying to do these things in secret.
The disclaimer is designed to protect us, it protects our rights, it acknowledges that your parents are your guardians and allows us not toworry that we're gonna get accused of whisking you away from them without their consent.

I know that my parents would never even consider allowing me to meet up with, in their opinion, "complete strangers" because they think that "anything could happen".

(I like to point out here that I first came to these meet-ups when I was just 17. I didn't get raped, nor did I get abused.)
I'm sorry, but your attitude is childish and single-minded. You prefer things covered up, in secret, at the risk of people with jobs, degrees, relationships = RESPONSIBILITIES.
Have you seen Mr Murat, concerning the Maddie McCann case? His life has been splashed on all the papers, his life is ruined. Best bit: He might not have done anything. An extreme example, but how easy stuff can be ruined. Did you know charges relating children don't go away? Explain how my fianceé (who is aware of this meet-up and may even go) will feel with her fiance with a child abuse accusation on his record?
By the way, if you personally think I am an old man looking to perv, here's me and my fianceé:

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2286/n516052589946228361mh7.jpg
I am 20. I actually did child-care (and therefore vetted by the Goverment.) I go to University. I have a normal job. I live with my fianceé. I like to think of myself as normal, and happy.

Now you tell me that you would prefer to keep a "nice" relationship with your parents rather than protect my wonderful life. Some of these people involved are my friends, my actual IRL friends who meet up for birthdays, anniversaries, get-togethers. I would fight tooth and nail to protect them from getting their lives ruined. That's what friends do.
I know some people here have complained about these disclaimers (which is laughable, considering its a tick-box and an signature) because they seem too much, for what is supposed to be a fun get-together. Well, I'm sorry, but I like me, I love my fianceé and (in a platonic way) I love my friends. Their lives matter more then your (IMO) silly attitude concerning your parents.

As such, this is a big deal.

I think you're getting a bit carried away. I can see where Zeldy is coming from, if I asked my parents if I could go and stay in a hotel with five or six men that I'd never met before, they'd be at worst be mildly concerned. Leading on from this, the meet-up isn't very appealing to anybody that would need a consent form. You don't seem like a nice person tbh, let alone somebody that I'd want to spend a long weekend with (or however long it's going to be), seeing as you can't handle a fifteen year old girl without resorting to name calling and throwing a hissy fit. Teenagers are pretty well known for being a bit moody and argumentative, which I'd reckon you know about, since you were one. :p Anyway, nothing appealing for the youth, since it's all people over the legal drinking age, and the only memories I recall reading from you guys is "oh yeah last year so and so got drunk and did something comical" etc. Not that I think anybody underage would even think of asking any of you for alcohol (I wouldn't) it seems like for the most part, you guys are going to be drunk.

Also, I understand that you're not a smurfing paedophile. You've mentioned it 9001 times already, and I really really understand. I know you're not organizing this in hopes of molesting somebody, and if I came, and somebody accused you of trying to abduct or rape me, I'd just tell them you weren't (unless you were, but you wouldn't, because you have a job, girlfriend and you're not a paedophile!), it's as simple as that. Using Maddie McCann as an example is pretty poor as well, she's about 6 years old, we're not. It's not our fault that whoever took the photos for whichever papers you're talking about did this, but that's just the way it is. It's a big story and people are concerned about the girl, it's vaguely related to this "issue" and completely out of our control.

Anyway, not trying to argue or anything, but you don't seem to be going about it the right way for someone who's a "veteran" of these meet ups and is helping to organize or whatever.

Zeldy
01-25-2008, 04:14 PM
For godsake, I did NOT call you, or anybody on this forum a perv, hence why I even put "people from the internet" in quotation marks, I didn't put "people from EoFF" I put "internet" signifying every single person who has ever used the internet.

Way to think the world revolves around you, Jack, I never even mentioned your name in that once. The internet is a very unreliable source, THAT is what I meant, there have been millions of cases were people have met up with someone who has been claiming to be 15 or 16 when they are infact 30 odd, Im not saying that any of you are, but like I said "IN MY PARENTS OPINION". If anything, you should be complimented, I even considered meeting up with any of you with that still in mind as I know that no one is like that here, but my parents wouldn't allow it.
[/END] I PUT [/END] LAST TIME SO [/END] IT.

Raebus
01-25-2008, 04:18 PM
Never mind this thread and this meet up, Zeldy. Remember the other big plan!

Jack sure went off on a digression then! Haha.

Psychotic
01-25-2008, 04:19 PM
and (in a platonic way) I love my friends.Gay.
the only memories I recall reading from you guys is "oh yeah last year so and so got drunk and did something comical" etc.No no no you don't understand. They get drunk, then we get to exploit that for our own ends! Jack doesn't know it yet, but not only is he pregnant with my child, he is also signed up with the French Foreign Legion.

Hey Zeldy stop calling me a paedophile okay I just want to stroke your hair and keep you in my room. IS THAT SUCH A CRIME?

Rye
01-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Hey Zeldy stop calling me a paedophile okay I just want to stroke your hair and keep you in my room. IS THAT SUCH A CRIME?

xDDD

I have to sympathize with the younger EoFFers on this though, a bit. I can understand how the above-age EoFFers want to watch their back with their forms, and that's reasonable. I would be nervous as well. I don't even like to DRIVE people who are below the driving age without their parents knowing, because their my responsibility when they're in my car, and even though I think I'm a capable driver, parents would still be nervous knowing that a new driver is driving their child. So I can see where you guys are coming from. When you're responsible for someone, things can be worrying.

But as for what Jack said, I'm sorry, but some people just have ridiculously strict parents. And it's even worse when you're a girl. It's not just that you'd be embarrassed to ask, and I think that's what insulted Cookie and Zeldy the most. If I even told my parents I talk to people I don't know online, let alone asked to visit people from the internet, my internet access would be taken away, without hyperbole or exaggeration.

I have nothing to do with this. I'm just trying to help make things a little clearer, since it's probably hard for one group to see the other group's argument in this situation.

Psychotic
01-25-2008, 04:28 PM
Ugh, Jess, gtfo you 17 year old hag. Can't you see I got me some underaged armpits to sniff?

Rye
01-25-2008, 04:34 PM
But I'm only half-legal! Oh, I miss my jailbait days. Can't you let me have them back, for just one more day? You can stroke and sniff my hair! :kaocry2:

Psychotic
01-25-2008, 04:36 PM
Shut it, grandma. What the hell's got you so excited anyway? Is it the new brand of prune juice? Man, I knew we should never have stopped buying Old Wrinkly.

Raebus
01-25-2008, 04:37 PM
I can imagine our Manchester meet up to be rather extravagant and epic with just the few trusted and quite frankly, quite awesome members. AMIRITE OR AMIRITE?

@

Zeldy.

Psychotic
01-25-2008, 04:38 PM
I don't know. Will there be a buffet?

Raebus
01-25-2008, 04:41 PM
Something far more awesome, up there with the gods.

Psychotic
01-25-2008, 04:44 PM
Hmm. Better than a buffet. A pony? Is it a pony? It's a pony, isn't it? Could I pet the pony? I love ponies! :jess:

From creepy to mentally retarded in 3 posts. That's the Psychotic we know and love!

Zeldy
01-25-2008, 04:45 PM
Yeah, a meetup for the "children" of the board :jess: It's simply a group of friends meeting up making it our own responsibility, not linked to EoFF before you start spazzing out about 'CONSENT FORMS!!!'

Raebus
01-25-2008, 04:45 PM
I have suspicions of you being a young boy trapped inside a mans body. A young boy with a pony obsession which technically makes you a girl.

@ Pyschotic. ;_;

Zeldy: Yep. :] It shall rock so much.

Psychotic
01-25-2008, 04:51 PM
Yeah, a meetup for the "children" of the board :jess: Children, eh? Hmm. Hmmmmm. Zeldy, just curious: Would you be able to recognise the smell of chloroform before it became all too late?
I have suspicions of you being a young boy trapped inside a mans body. A young boy with a pony obsession which technically makes you a girl.It would explain so much!

Zeldy
01-25-2008, 04:54 PM
Children, eh? Hmm. Hmmmmm. Zeldy, just curious: Would you be able to recognise the smell of chloroform before it became all too late?

I..I..don't get it :(

Psychotic
01-25-2008, 04:57 PM
Look, do you want to be raped by a disgusting old paedophile like me or not? I haven't got all day, you know. I'm missing Children's BBC for this!

...Jack is going to fucking kill me for posting this stuff. :laugh:

Baloki
01-25-2008, 05:09 PM
Look, do you want to be raped by a disgusting old paedophile like me or not? I haven't got all day, you know. I'm missing Children's BBC for this!

...Jack is going to smurfing kill me for posting this stuff. :laugh:

Psy took my innocence :(

Also Manchester eh?

Raebus
01-25-2008, 05:12 PM

...Jack is going to smurfing kill me for posting this stuff. :laugh:

Are you a member of the Super Adventure Club?

Baloki
01-25-2008, 05:23 PM
I SAID, ALSO MANCHESTERQUESTIONMARK!

Jack
01-25-2008, 05:32 PM
We never said don't do a meet-up. We'd be happy to not have to put up with this same argument EVERY YEAR. I wish you great sucess on your planned meet-up. Hell, I won't even use un-PC terminology (when it concerns a simple protection for adults) about your methods. Now that would be mature.

P.S- Psychotic, you can say what you like. I will not smurfing kill you. will merely beat you with my rhythm stick. Hit me. Hit me.

P.S.S- This topic needs to get back on track.

Raebus
01-25-2008, 05:34 PM
I SAID, ALSO MANCHESTERQUESTIONMARK!

YES, IT IS IN MANCHESTER.

Cookie
01-25-2008, 05:41 PM
itt we make stuff up and do the age = superiority act

Flying Mullet
01-25-2008, 05:44 PM
Good thing the focus of this meetup is still on fun...

Psychotic
01-25-2008, 05:49 PM
Good thing the focus of this meetup is still on fun...I'm having fun. :(

Jack
01-25-2008, 05:51 PM
So was I. To a point.

Anyway, back to the fun. I think we need to go to somewhere else rather than the Sealife centre.

Baloki
01-26-2008, 10:16 AM
Anyway, back to the fun. I think we need to go to somewhere else rather than the Sealife centre.

Blasphmy, I demand Jack be banned this instant!

ReloadPsi
01-26-2008, 07:24 PM
Which weekend is it? I need to book a train ticket (it'll be bloody expensive if I don't) and get that weekend off work or swap the shift or something.

Agrias
01-26-2008, 11:26 PM
I love my signature! Thanks jaaaaaaack!!!
i cant believe this went so quackers after the whole rape thing. ANYWAYS! Iceglow, are we gonna share one big room or whats gonna happen. I dont wanna get raped like the jailbait i am, LOL. Wanna be my bodygaurd? :D?

Jack
01-27-2008, 03:24 AM
Well, I MSN'd Iceglow even though he was busy watching Torchwood and he said he'd confirm dates tonight. He hasn't, because he is lame. Or his internet went again.

So here we go:

April 4th-6th 2008

That's confirmed.

Fine, we'll go to the Sealife Centre. Its just there ARE other things there to do. Y'know, stuff for kids. Stuff that doesn't involve drinking. After all, this is a meet-up for all.

Iceglow, are we gonna share one big room or whats gonna happen. I dont wanna get raped like the jailbait i am, LOL.

As for that, thats the messy business that comes next. zorander arranges it as per usual. We divide into groups and stuff, and if people want their specific rooms, we sort that out too. Off the top of my head, if my fianceé comes, we'll probably have another room and if Iceglow's missus (AKA: my missus's best friend) comes, THEY'LL have another room too. But usually, the girls (if there are enough) have a room together, men share room together, so there is less chance of rape. Or hanky-panky.

People coming
Iceglow
Psychotic
Agrias
zorander
Baloki
ReloadPsi
Jack
kaggski

Possible...
boris no no (She's working on it)
xxxthebadgemakerxxx (Again, working on it)
amaratis (working on it)
Lakshmi (working on it)
Jess (possible)
Cz (possible)

Looking good. C'mon kids, lets get some more!

Psychotic
01-27-2008, 03:26 AM
Jess and Cz seem to be possibles too, Jack. Read the thread!

Jack
01-27-2008, 04:00 AM
APOLIGIES AND SIGS...
Apoligies for that one Psy, its been rectified. To make up for my error, here are some Sigs!

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/5537/sigmeetagriastd5.th.jpg (http://img201.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sigmeetagriastd5.jpg)
Here is the Agrias one...

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/7279/sigmeetbasejd8.th.jpg (http://img129.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sigmeetbasejd8.jpg)
Here is the Iceglow one...

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/8339/sigmeeticejackmd8.th.jpg (http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sigmeeticejackmd8.jpg)
Here is the Jack one... (aka- The one I'm using)

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/8085/sigmeetpsychoticup5.th.jpg (http://img146.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sigmeetpsychoticup5.jpg)
Here is the Psychotic one...

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/7046/sigmeetreloadpsiej7.th.jpg (http://img502.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sigmeetreloadpsiej7.jpg)
Here is the ReloadPsi one...

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/5785/sigmeetzorvr5.th.jpg (http://img146.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sigmeetzorvr5.jpg)
And last (but not least) is the zorander one. Enjoy!

If you want you're own, please ask. Alternatively, use this one that Baloki designed (Thank you Baloki!!) as a general sig,

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/828/eoffsigrn8.th.jpg (http://img146.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eoffsigrn8.jpg)

By the way, we need a good tag-line for this meet-up. Currently its in the wiki here (http://www.eyesonff.com/members/wiki/Meet-Ups/UKMeet-UpV) but of course needs infomation. If someone could come up with a good tagline quick enough, we may even be able to make T-Shirts or other accessories. I'm proposing bandanas. :)

zorander
01-27-2008, 01:16 PM
Here are a few things we could do this time: Things to Do in Birmingham - Birmingham Attractions - TripAdvisor (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g186402-Activities-Birmingham_West_Midlands_England.html)

Also, i'd be keen to do a Free hugs hour. How many hugs can we get?!

Baloki
01-27-2008, 04:18 PM

Fine, we'll go to the Sealife Centre. Its just there ARE other things there to do. Y'know, stuff for kids. Stuff that doesn't involve drinking. After all, this is a meet-up for all.

I don't remember the Sea Life Center involving drinking last time tbh...

ReloadPsi
01-27-2008, 04:21 PM
DANKBAR FUR DIE WASTED-AUSSEHENDE FOTO.

Right, just gotta wait for that damn student grant to get sorted so I can book a train ticket to save like half the fare.

I know I'm asking a bit early but what arrival time should I shoot for? If the worst comes to the worst I know where the hotel is and can ask where y'all are by name.

Also on behalf of anyone else not drinking, let's all try and do stuff that's possible in any level of intoxication, including zero :p Either way I'm bringing my N64 with both the Pokemon Stadiums (party games FTW) and as many controllers as I have working. I urge Psy to do the latter part too.

Jack
01-27-2008, 08:19 PM

I don't remember the Sea Life Center involving drinking last time tbh...

Clearly you wern't paying attention in the otter room, Psychotic was downing those whiskey shots. By the way, its CENTRE. What are you, from Arizona? Only hero can get away with that.

People coming
Iceglow
Psychotic
Agrias
zorander
Baloki
ReloadPsi
Jack
kaggski
amratis
Lakshmi

Possible...
Jess (possible)
Cz (possible)

Get some more people! The more, the better. It's a proven fact.

Sergeant Hartman
01-27-2008, 08:45 PM
This year is a no-no.

However me and Manus could possibly make it next year :monster:

Old Manus
01-27-2008, 09:03 PM
Manus and I*

gb2/keystage1grammar/

Sergeant Hartman
01-27-2008, 09:06 PM
Manus and I*

gb2/keystage1grammar/
works either way boyo

Old Manus
01-27-2008, 09:07 PM
It's not yet time for you to come out of the closet.

Sergeant Hartman
01-27-2008, 09:22 PM
:-/

~*~Celes~*~
01-27-2008, 10:59 PM
Just wanna say that if you can't make it and think the rules are stupid, all you need to do is say "sorry, I can't make it," and that should suffice. No need to act like a child :)

Anyway...all these meet-ups sound so fun <3 I'm gonna definitely come to one once I get munnies =] age ain't much of an issue...I'm nearly 18 now <3

ReloadPsi
01-27-2008, 11:13 PM
Just wanna say that if you can't make it and think the rules are stupid, all you need to do is say "sorry, I can't make it," and that should suffice. No need to act like a child :)

Moreover, Birmingham is central. It is equally reachable by all around the country. Sure, Manchester would be cheaper for me but Birmingham is tradition and the fact that it's sort of similar each year adds incentive; you'll hopefully think "I want to come back and repeat it next year."

Jack
01-28-2008, 07:19 AM

Thank you.

Moreover, Birmingham is central. It is equally reachable by all around the country. Sure, Manchester would be cheaper for me but Birmingham is tradition and the fact that it's sort of similar each year adds incentive; you'll hopefully think "I want to come back and repeat it next year."

Couldn't have said it better myself. :)

Anyway, spoke to Iceglow today about various stuff. We think zorander's "free hug" idea is awesome and we shall support it. No oriental hugs though!
Also, if you know a member IRL or really well on here from the UK, try to get them interested. The more people, the better, and if only for the day, then so be it! Its a fun experience, and the members who have ran it for almost 4 years now are each dedicated in making in fun for all, be they non-drinkers or alcoholics.

People coming
Iceglow
Psychotic
Agrias
zorander
Baloki
ReloadPsi
Jack
kaggski
amratis (Well, she will if me and Iceglow have our way)
Lakshmi
sillybuttonstm

Possible...
Jess (possible)
Cz (possible)
Nod (?)
themagicroundabout (?)

Right, i'm off to do an exam. Have fun.

zorander
01-28-2008, 11:25 PM
just a heads up, currently there are only 16 rooms available for the 4th-6th, and if there are 11 of us staying for both nights, it will come to £656.00 in total, that'll be £60 for each person staying at the hotel over 2 nights.

Since there are only 16 rooms available for those dates, even though we'll only be needing 4, it's not very likely that the rooms will be all that close to one another, but i'd like to book as soon as possible please, so the final count of those staying at the hotel and weather they'll be staying one night or both, would be useful as soon as possible. Thanks.

Agrias
01-29-2008, 05:27 AM
just a heads up, currently there are only 16 rooms available for the 4th-6th, and if there are 11 of us staying for both nights, it will come to £656.00 in total, that'll be £60 for each person staying at the hotel over 2 nights.

Since there are only 16 rooms available for those dates, even though we'll only be needing 4, it's not very likely that the rooms will be all that close to one another, but i'd like to book as soon as possible please, so the final count of those staying at the hotel and weather they'll be staying one night or both, would be useful as soon as possible. Thanks.

So wait. I dont get it. Do we pay the hotel when we get there or do i wire you the money or...am i stupid? (which is most probable)

zorander
01-29-2008, 10:47 PM

So wait. I dont get it. Do we pay the hotel when we get there or do i wire you the money or...am i stupid? (which is most probable)

Stupid? No, just not been filled in on the same details as nobody else...:tongue:

Well, you can "wire" it to me, b:tongue: but that would probably involve bank details or paypal, so cash on the day is fine. If everyone has cash on the day, I can go straight to the bank and pay off the bill on my credit card before I mass up interest rates.

Agrias
01-30-2008, 03:09 AM

Stupid? No, just not been filled in on the same details as nobody else...:tongue:

Well, you can "wire" it to me, b:tongue: but that would probably involve bank details or paypal, so cash on the day is fine. If everyone has cash on the day, I can go straight to the bank and pay off the bill on my credit card before I mass up interest rates.

So i AM stupid then :(
well JEESSUS! :( ok well i'm gonna have to bring enough to transfer them into pounds hahahah. Stupid canadian money, ABASH WITH YEE!

Masamunemaster
01-30-2008, 07:10 AM
OMG you all do not know how bad I want to come, and if it wasnt for bills I would use my tax return to come....I want to meet you all...especially the maker of badges:P

If the next one is in the US I will be there definatly, but I will try sooo hard to go next year

Agrias
01-31-2008, 11:15 AM
OMG you all do not know how bad I want to come, and if it wasnt for bills I would use my tax return to come....I want to meet you all...especially the maker of badges:P

If the next one is in the US I will be there definatly, but I will try sooo hard to go next year

I'm totally down for a US meetup tooooOooOooOOoOOOOooo. Wow i'm just a meetup tranny arent i?

Jessica_wohoo
01-31-2008, 11:17 AM
Meh, we should meet up in Sweden instead to be honest

Iceglow
02-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Well Ewa got home that night so the whole I will confirm dates ect went out the damn window. I know I suck so much thankyou!<br><br>Damn Jack for taking the most embarassing pics available of me psy ect for the sigs but hey I suppose it could be worse.<br><Br>So yeah get this meetup sorted, my net is more buggered than I originally thought believe me BT are so :skull::skull::skull::skull: it is surreal and well my family is worse...yes pie it is indeed possible! Therefore my presence here is even more restricted than normal. I will keep checking on stuff and trying to get the phone line sorted so it can be reconnected and I can then get the internet from somewhere.

Agrias
02-02-2008, 04:37 AM
Well Ewa got home that night so the whole I will confirm dates ect went out the damn window. I know I suck so much thankyou!<br><br>Damn Jack for taking the most embarassing pics available of me psy ect for the sigs but hey I suppose it could be worse.<br><Br>So yeah get this meetup sorted, my net is more buggered than I originally thought believe me BT are so :skull::skull::skull::skull: it is surreal and well my family is worse...yes pie it is indeed possible! Therefore my presence here is even more restricted than normal. I will keep checking on stuff and trying to get the phone line sorted so it can be reconnected and I can then get the internet from somewhere.

Tut tut lil fellow. LOL I SPOKE TO YOU ON THE PHONE! "they dont bill me!"
hahahahahaha, i'm a tard. ANYWAYS, its ok, i'm sure we'll find it in our hearts to forgive/severely embarass you before/on the meetup :D

ReloadPsi
02-07-2008, 06:26 PM
Well I managed to order BT to turn my broadband back on until the time they were SUPPOSED to cut it off (as I'm 100% sure I woulda been charged for it anyway) so uh... yeah.

Only to discover nowt has changed. My student grant comes in next week; I will book that train ticket then!

What time of day should I aim to arrive?

Jess
02-07-2008, 10:32 PM
I seem to have come into some work, so the probability of me coming is higher. :jess:

Agrias
02-08-2008, 04:30 AM
I seem to have come into some work, so the probability of me coming is higher. :jess:

omg YAY!

Jess
02-08-2008, 03:00 PM
I'll come for definite if Paul wears a Newcastle shirt. :aimkiss:

Psychotic
02-08-2008, 08:46 PM
I call threesome with the last two posters.

ReloadPsi
02-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Well I'm buying my train ticket now, it'll get me into Birmingham for 7pm. That means there will be an N64 with Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2, GoldenEye and Mario Kart 64 among you at 7pm.

Bitch.

Agrias
02-10-2008, 12:00 AM
I call threesome with the last two posters.

i fully agree to the terms and conditions submitted above.
-signature in blood-

Jack
02-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Gotta confrim hotel peole. Please confirm NOW.

Agrias
02-13-2008, 02:59 AM
Well wait a minute. Why are we comfirming the hotel before we have a solid date? :O

theundeadhero
02-13-2008, 05:57 PM
Whenever it is, wherever it is, just assume I'm going and book me.

Baloki
02-13-2008, 09:53 PM
Well wait a minute. Why are we comfirming the hotel before we have a solid date? :O

April 4th-6th 2008

That's confirmed.

Agrias
02-14-2008, 02:44 PM

April 4th-6th 2008

That's confirmed.

Oh! :D
Ok! I see my stupidity has rung in again ;D
I'm supposed to get my passport in two-ish months, but if i dont get it then i cant come. :(
So i guess at this point i'm not completely confirmed.

Iceglow
02-20-2008, 02:40 PM
Silly Aggypoo. I told you on the phone, because you're going to have trouble of getting the passport, tickets, money to spend ect you're going to either get your own special meetup organized, or you're going to be getting in on the next meetup if it goes down (or else you can get your ass over here and I'll drag the usual suspects together for a fun time anyway...they'll listen to me because if not I'll turn up on their doorsteps with something to beat them in to submission with)

I've got a job interview with borders tomorrow so I might be changing jobs and that might mean slight problems for me but I WILL turn up even if I say to the boss of the new place that it's non-negotiable if I get the job I have those days off. They can give me holiday ;) Wish me luck, if I get this better full time job I will be back online sooner :) which means more iceglow in eoff and also on xbox live ;)

Agrias
02-20-2008, 10:58 PM
Silly Aggypoo. I told you on the phone, because you're going to have trouble of getting the passport, tickets, money to spend ect you're going to either get your own special meetup organized, or you're going to be getting in on the next meetup if it goes down (or else you can get your ass over here and I'll drag the usual suspects together for a fun time anyway...they'll listen to me because if not I'll turn up on their doorsteps with something to beat them in to submission with)

I've got a job interview with borders tomorrow so I might be changing jobs and that might mean slight problems for me but I WILL turn up even if I say to the boss of the new place that it's non-negotiable if I get the job I have those days off. They can give me holiday ;) Wish me luck, if I get this better full time job I will be back online sooner :) which means more iceglow in eoff and also on xbox live ;)

HAHAHA! K well i guess i have special meetups arranged in my honor? LMAO! as for your job, GOOD LUCK!! I really hope you get it!! :D

zorander
03-01-2008, 12:22 AM
So far the list of people confirmed to be staying for both nights is very conclusive. How many People have given a definite yes? Hmmmm, don't know about that one.
If we end up being too late to book the rooms, I may just have to go and visit my auntie for her birthday instead.

Baloki
03-02-2008, 12:18 PM
It's looking like to come the weekend will cost me about £100-150 so shall have to see how I can shuffle finances about, I'll have a definite yes or no for you by Friday though Zorander :D

If I can't make the hotel I'll still try and come down the Saturday for the day as I can probably get the train tickets cheaply enough :)

Jack
03-04-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm not going. I have to look after my future mother-in-law as she comes out of Cancer surgery. Sorry.

theundeadhero
03-04-2008, 06:16 PM
I regrettably cannot make it because that specific weekend happens to be the only weekend in April that I'll be at Pre-Ranger school. I just found out earlier this week.

Jess
03-04-2008, 08:09 PM
I'm struggling to get shifts at work, so I don't know if I'm able to come yet because of monies. :jess:

Baloki
03-05-2008, 12:58 PM
And so the meet begins to collapse...

theundeadhero
03-05-2008, 05:08 PM
Sorry. Taking steps to ensure I get the chance to secure my hopes and dreams is more important than just about anything else in my life.

Baloki
03-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Sorry. Taking steps to ensure I get the chance to secure my hopes and dreams is more important than just about anything else in my life.

I wasn't getting at you, it's just looking more and more unlikely this is going to go ahead, a lot of people seem to not be able to go.

theundeadhero
03-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Let's simply pick a different weekend. The third or forth in April?

DK
03-05-2008, 06:02 PM
which means more iceglow in eoff and also on xbox live ;)

About time, whore. :mad2:

Iceglow
03-05-2008, 06:05 PM
Wow this is going down faster than the titanic, now guys (in particular those who believe these things need no arranging can you understand the necessity for some focus and dedication to arranging the meetups?)

Ok comments aside, I'm looking at the calendar, we're down one hero, one jack, possibly one baloki and jess so far. I suggest we may have to call it off or go smaller scale if we go ahead. Now a rain check will make it so we can gain a hero, I'm not sure about jack comming back in time for it but we can beat his ass if he doesn't. 4 - 6th is looking bad too, strange how we cancelled it being over easter due to the financial mess of things it would make...seems pretty ironic to me that the one year we break from the easter weekend tradition and it goes to hell in a handcart faster than concorde did in to that french hotel a few years ago (I should not be allowed to read Jeremy Clarkson's books, they're a bad influence on my already dubious at times humour!) Ok so if we're reconsidering the dates to make it easier I need to get our hotel man in here to give us the lowdown. Zorander! come now!

DK I didn't get that position, however they may have another job soon and I'm topping the list of candidates apparently. So maybe soon however I am now using my laptop at Ewa's house where it will remain for a while.

Rianoa
03-05-2008, 07:01 PM
could it possibly be in the easter holidays :confused:

Psychotic
03-05-2008, 09:12 PM
I'll meet up with myself if I have to!

zorander
03-06-2008, 12:35 AM
The Titanic has hit the iceberg!
For reason's i've explained to Iceglow, I can no longer make it for that weekend.
Hopefully things will look better for the next event.
Sorry Guys.

Jack
03-06-2008, 05:35 PM
Well... I hate to blame people, but I think the reason it is collapsing is because Iceglow's phone went, and without the organiser, it is hard. Not havinga go, it just happened. Stuff happens. I was asked to do a lot for it, but I had exams, my fiancee's situation and work. It was easier when I was younger. Also, Easter itself is earlier this year.
Plus, how was I supposed to know when my mother-in-law was going to have to go into surgery?

If it does go ahead, well done. However, it might just actually better re-aranging it for later this year. I would be happy sorting something out in October, when University students get their first loan of the year. That might actually be better.

P.S- Psy, I'll sort something where me and Iceglow will come to Nuneton, or you can come to Leicester for a meet-up. Sooner rather than later okay?

Iceglow
03-06-2008, 11:38 PM
Ok, basically....the meetup is now the concorde post hitting that french hotel a few years back...it's a mangled wreck and the beautiful bird is dead. (hey who cares about a bunch of french people it's the plane I felt for! lol) Yeah my phone getting cut off is a bit crap and certainly didn't help, we're all as Amratis so eloquently put it on msn to me tonight, busy and poor people. We're not having an easy time of it with our real personal lives atm, Zorander has a major issue, Hero has a date with destiny and heck good luck on ranger school mate I will rip you a new one definitely for it but it'll be good to see you happy and in the rangers, Jack is in poland, I'm disconnected apart from a few days in the week until further notice, Amratis is broke, Loki is broke, Psy is up for anything but then we all know that ;) Therefore we're for the time being going to abandon the meetup plan for april. I reckon we can get something sorted in the summer when the weather will be better, perhaps we can do the long plan that was a pipe talk for many of us...find some place stupid enough not to ban us permanently if we visited for a weeks holiday. Hell let them ban us permanently it'd be a story to tell the kids one day in the future :bigsmile:

What do I know for sure? Well, later this year looks positive for many of us, I hopefully soon will have new job and new commitments with this will come better pay and living conditions meaning I might be able to afford much much more and stabilize my net connection, what happened there much to my disgust was in 3 months my sister ran up £360 of phone calls, the deal was I paid the line rental and the internet but since I don't use the landline she was to pay for phone calls, that went out the window on bill one and I should have seen it comming. I eventually after a year and receiving a massive bill (in total it ammounted to around £660) I drew the line in the sand, I paid my £200 line rental and internet fees and left my sister the phone bill to pay, she couldn't afford it and thus because I had drawn a line in the sand I got disconnected from the internet. Now a new job means a new place to live because I WILL move out I cannot live at home forever under the same roof and that dumb dog that calls itself my sibling. New lodgings will bring new internet connection and thus more internet, who knows if I move in to the girlfriends I'll be online a lot more and the net there exists already thus allowing me to be online now :)

Therefore I'll be looking to do something for my birthday again for sure and would love a bigger and better turn out than last year, yes Jack and Psy are some of my closest friends from this site, but I'd enjoy a bigger group for company...maybe since that birthday is in June we can do something around then if it's good for people (though I doubt so since uni's have exams then) Before then I want to go see people around the country if possible....Jack seriously, lets take Psy to Wales, if we're lucky it'll only cost another tenner when he makes a bad joke about sheep in a cab if we're unlucky us 3 english dogs will be beaten black and blue....it's a fair trade if you ask me!

Jess
03-06-2008, 11:44 PM
Rest in peace, Meetup. :kaocry2:

Agrias
03-07-2008, 07:09 AM
I cant get my passport patched up in time to make the march meetup guys! :(

But i totally will plan on comming still, especially during summer. If i get this secretary job and this movie part im auditioning for, i'm damn certain i can save up enough to get there by june.

Iceglow
03-07-2008, 03:04 PM
It's not dead...just in cryo-stasis you remember that Jess! I expect you to keep it together and try to get to the meetup WHEN (definitely not an if but a when) it is re-arranged for!

Jack
03-10-2008, 01:11 PM
Yeah, we're not giving up. 2008 shouldn't be deprived of our madness IRL. It just needs to be repositioned, at a better time for all people.
Right Iceglow?