PDA

View Full Version : I like to level

dyingchild
01-14-2008, 06:46 AM
I love to level, But unfortently i have set a goal i didn't reach :(
On disc one I wanted to be level 25, why?

4 discs, 25 levels each.....you do the math

is it possible to get to level 50 before the end of disc 2?

so what 14 people will read this not one will comment?

Aerith's Knight
01-14-2008, 05:01 PM
when your lvl 70 in the end, your already overlevelled

a point where it is good to train if you are way way way overlevveled in is burmecia, when at the two moogles who got married, go outside there.. the monsters are sickingly strong there

Tallulah
01-14-2008, 05:35 PM

Patience is a virtue. :)

I always found the Yan Forest in the North, and Memoria itself perfect training ground for the end of the game. Otherwise the areas around Burmecia and Treno mid-game.

Goldenboko
01-14-2008, 05:48 PM
Doing this with FFIX will kill the game. The acceptable level to get the most challenge but not have it impossible imo is about 50-60.

Slow down the bucko. Some people might have nothing to say, and some views are made by lurkers, who can't post ;p

when your lvl 70 in the end, your already overlevelled

a point where it is good to train if you are way way way overlevveled in is burmecia, when at the two moogles who got married, go outside there.. the monsters are sickingly strong there

bzzzzzzzzt. wrong.

You don't need to be overleveled to kill the Grand Dragons there, you just need to have level 5 death. I killed some my first round there at a low level, just gave Quina the Coral ring to make sure Thundaga wouldn't 1 hit my party ;p

cloud21zidane16
01-14-2008, 11:18 PM

Of course, you can get to 99 before you leave Evil Forest but why you would want to i have no idea:D
I like to level a lot on disc 1 and 2 as well because i like to defeat Tantarion in Alexandria on disc 2:)

dyingchild
01-15-2008, 02:22 AM
Thanks for your replys. I am currently between three games, tatics: WOTL, FF8 and FF9.

So leveling is my main goal.
On FF9
I satrted disc two with my character barley reaching the lv16 mark and the the princess and old rusty at level 6....:S:eek:

So I have lost of work to do.

Moon Rabbits
01-15-2008, 06:47 PM
Low levels are sort of the norm for FFIX. I replayed it recently and was a bit confused as to why I was only about level 12 average at the end of disc 1, and only about 20 - 25 at the end of the second.

I think I finished that game at 45 - 55.

Anyways, on topic, it is possible to reach level 99 before the end of the disc one, as mentioned before. Reaching level 50 before the end of disc 2 shouldn't be too difficult, just time consuming and boring.

dyingchild
01-15-2008, 06:52 PM
Im like level 23 and i am wondering if enterin g the forest were the black mages are on the second disk on the outer contenet is close to the end of the second disk or no....cause i have like 17 levels to go:tongue:

Aerith's Knight
01-15-2008, 07:38 PM
Im like level 23 and i am wondering if enterin g the forest were the black mages are on the second disk on the outer contenet is close to the end of the second disk or no....cause i have like 17 levels to go:tongue:

i was like lvl 27 by that time.. and i was lvl 70 by the end.. so try to get to lvl 30.. there isnt always time to train.

dyingchild
01-15-2008, 09:40 PM
My question is, am i near the end of disk two?

i am on the outer contenet
, by the black mages forest

Jiro
01-16-2008, 06:34 AM
You still have a ways to go yet. You haven't even got Eiko yet, so plenty of time. Hope all goes well

Caraliz
01-17-2008, 04:54 AM
disc 4 is very short, so you might want to set a different goal.

Jiro
01-17-2008, 11:23 AM
Agreed. Unless he wants to level in the same place for 25 levels...

loza
01-18-2008, 06:22 AM
it is possible to level up REALLY high what i sugest is that you level up characters around Lv 20ish by end of disc one.
I think it is possible to get quina's abillty Lv5 Death. If you do have it go to the married moogles as Zidane and then go up the ladder and into the open, run around till you get a grand dragon and use it against him ^^ about 1000-3000ish Exp there 4 u ^^ For Garnet (Dagger) and Stiener, it will take a while longer. Start of disc 2 you'll get 2 fossil roo, run around there, thats where the stronger monsters are. Get Dagger to an Mp of 94 (i think) and then you can summon SHIVA!!! ^^

cloud21zidane16
01-19-2008, 12:12 AM
it is possible to level up REALLY high what i sugest is that you level up characters around Lv 20ish by end of disc one.
I think it is possible to get quina's abillty Lv5 Death. If you do have it go to the married moogles as Zidane and then go up the ladder and into the open, run around till you get a grand dragon and use it against him ^^ about 1000-3000ish Exp there 4 u ^^ For Garnet (Dagger) and Stiener, it will take a while longer. Start of disc 2 you'll get 2 fossil roo, run around there, thats where the stronger monsters are. Get Dagger to an Mp of 94 (i think) and then you can summon SHIVA!!! ^^

You cant get Lv5 death until disc 3, fighting Grand Dragons at that point is hard unless you have lots of Coral Rings, i prefer to fight the Garuda (in the forest above the moogles) once im a little higher:)

Marky Tee
02-18-2008, 06:50 AM
dude get quina to learnt levl somethin death and fight grand dragons til yer leveling hearts content
you can do this on disc 1 i belive

hhr1dluv
02-18-2008, 03:49 PM
I was just wondering...do you have to level grind at all in FF IX? What I mean to say is, I find there are two kinds of Final Fantasy games...ones where you have to level-up a bit before you can move on, and ones where, as long as you don't flee from too many battles, you'll be about the right level as you go through the game. For FFVII and FFX, I never had to level, but for FFIV and FFVI, I did.

Goldenboko
02-18-2008, 04:15 PM
I was just wondering...do you have to level grind at all in FF IX? What I mean to say is, I find there are two kinds of Final Fantasy games...ones where you have to level-up a bit before you can move on, and ones where, as long as you don't flee from too many battles, you'll be about the right level as you go through the game. For FFVII and FFX, I never had to level, but for FFIV and FFVI, I did.

No not at all, I beat Ozma and the final boss in the 50s. But I don't recommend you fight Ozma in the 50s, seeing as it took me 5 bijallion times at that level :(

cloud21zidane16
02-20-2008, 07:38 PM

Only level if you find it too hard, I like to train in IX because i like to learn the abilities as early as i can:)

Marky Tee
02-20-2008, 08:00 PM
i like o put on a cd while levelin up
ive got entire albums that when i hear a song from it ,it jus reminds me of a particular final fantasy
like Nevermind for ff4, any pink floyd for ff7,the killers for ff12(and dynasty warriors) etc.
is good

Radeon
02-21-2008, 06:13 PM
I don't like to level up here because the longer you'll wait with it, the better final stats you get. On my newest save I am in Lindblum at level 3 (also completed lvl1 game already).

Drummakid_22
02-23-2008, 08:28 AM
I love to level, But unfortently i have set a goal i didn't reach :(
On disc one I wanted to be level 25, why?

4 discs, 25 levels each.....you do the math

When I played FF9 for the first time my disc 2 was fucked so0o I couldn't continue on in the game so0o I was like...man I really wanna play still so0o I honestly was so0o content that I leveled up to 60 something on Disc 1 lol....yehh believe it...or not lol....I just fought Ironites all freakin' day and night just to be able to feel like I'm progressing in the game :love: Then I finally bought a whole new set of discs and got the full experience!!!