PDA

View Full Version : OH dear... this is gunna hurt me wallet

Anno Domini
01-14-2008, 06:44 PM
Not going to lie, im totally pumped for the coming three:love: ! i wish it wasnt so far away, but what can ya do? with that said, im wondering about the system.

truthfully, i dont care if Xiii branches out to other systems, but this game is going to be one of the main reasons for buying a ps3 , the other reason being kh3.

Now my question: how many people feel the same way- that this game is almost the singular reason to but a ps3.

Vivisteiner
01-14-2008, 07:42 PM
^Not singular, but a major reason.

Specifically for PS3 I want Resistance, Metal Gear Solid, FFXIII and FFvXIII. Any others Im fogetting?

Hazzard
01-14-2008, 08:46 PM
Any others Im fogetting?

Bruva, you left out White Knight's Story.

Vivisteiner
01-14-2008, 10:06 PM
^Oh yeah. I had heard mentions of it but hadnt really examined it.

So I looked at the IGN preview and it seems promising. Level 5 are good.

Bolivar
01-14-2008, 11:46 PM
What Vivisteiner said. I already got my ps3, hunted down a 60 gig one so i can get the best BC i can. Right now i put linux on the "Other OS" partition and I'm playing through FFVI, RPGOne's translation of the japanese SNES rom. So there's alot of things I'm using my ps3 for. Since it's hooked up to my surround system, i'm probably gonna put more of my music on it, and blue ray'll be good if i get a HDTV down the road.

but yeah, FFXIII is definately one of the main reasons, I really hope it comes out this year.

Roto13
01-14-2008, 11:53 PM
Not a single game in the world would be worth the price of a PS3. I plan on getting one this summer for Metal Gear Solid 4, Soul Calibur IV, Final Fantasy XIII and etc..

CimminyCricket
01-15-2008, 12:13 AM
There is only one game that will cause me to buy a PS3. ONE GAME THAT IS WORTH IT!! DO YOU SEE MY POST ROTO?! ONE GAME!!

Disgaea 3.

Aerith's Knight
01-15-2008, 11:22 PM
you know that FFXIII will also be released for the xbox 360 right?

there was a press release.. has been posted twice on youtube and has been pulled back because of square each time.. so i would hold off until they give the release date and such

Vivisteiner
01-15-2008, 11:30 PM
^I hope you're joking. You do know that FFXIII will not be released on Xvox360 right? There's not a shred of evidence to suggest it will.

Ouch!
01-16-2008, 01:18 AM
I just bought a PS3, and while FFXIII and FFvXIII were certainly influencing factors, they're hardly the only reason. White Knight Story and Ratchet and Clank Future were pretty influential in the decision making process. Warner Brother's announcement of supporting Blu-Ray exclusively was big, too. My ability to get the 80GB model, a second controller, and Ratchet and Clank Future for only $360 out of my wallet (I made a lot of deals to pull that off) was kind of the clincher, though.

Avarice-ness
01-16-2008, 06:38 AM
I have no intentions on buying a Ps3 unless the new Burnout games going to be on it.
FF-fangirl aside, the series progress has been becoming increasingly disapointing and I don't believe it's worth four or five hundred bucks.
If the game aims at the nostalgia factor that a majority of it's fans have for the series, I'll think about it. I'm tired of this whole new "extreme" series.

ff is da best
01-16-2008, 11:53 AM
im looking forward to final fantasy versus XIII, final fantasy XIII,Resident Evil 5 and Metal Gear Solid 4

Setzer Gabianni
01-16-2008, 05:03 PM
I'll get FFXIII, but I'm more pumped for DMC4, and Tekken 6.

Vivisteiner
01-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to add Ratchet and Clank and God of War III. Also, the new game from the Ico team. Certainly there are a lot of AAA games that have yet to be released on the PS3.

Burnout and DMC4 will likely be awesome as well although I have barely played their predecessors.

But Burnout isnt PS3 exclusive...

Burnout Paradise (ps3: 2008): Reviews (http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/burnoutparadise?q=Burnout)

Burnout Paradise (xbox360: 2008): Reviews (http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/burnoutparadise?q=Burnout)

Avarice-ness
01-16-2008, 09:04 PM
Oh dude, thanks.

Now I just need to buy an xBox360. Which I can get for much cheaper than a Ps3. <3

Nifleheim7
01-17-2008, 02:55 AM
^Not singular, but a major reason.

My other announced reasons are (exclusives):
Tekken 6
Little Big Planet
Gran Turismo 5
White Knight Story

But for me,the biggest reason for buying a PS3 are the next 2 (!) games by Team Ico.They haven't announced them yet but it's confirmed that the team is currently working on 2 PS3 projects...

tidus_rox
02-02-2008, 01:39 AM
Well, yes FF XIII is obviously a big reason, but it was one of the many factors that made me buy the PS3. The first one was, PS1 was my first system (yeah, I'm young.) So I played that for ever. Then when PS2 came out, I bought it right away (well, I was still really young, so my parents bough it.) The yeah, I bought the PS3 just to keep the tradition, you know?

Secondly, I don't care what any of you say : Heavenly Sword. Its so amazing! I don't see where all the hate comes from, honestly. Um... Call of Duty 4 is also crazily awesome. I'm looking forward to The Last Remnant, even though I know hardly anything about it. Resistance, Ratchet and Clank, all that fun stuff. Lastly, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune was the bomb. Actually, that wasn't lastly, because Folklore sits nicely on my shelf. I've played that game to death and love it! I want to get into Disgaea, don't know if I will, though. And FFvXIII > FFXIII so yeah, both those games, too.

finaloblivion
02-02-2008, 02:26 AM
well, if any of you are like me, you'll buy both XIII and XIIIv at the same time, which will be fairly wallet damaging in an of itself (like, 150 bucks!). however, i already sucked it up and bought a ps3 like four months ago...so i dont have to worry about it anymore. besides, buying a 40GB is only 399, plus blu-ray INCLUDED. with a 360, you have to buy the HDDVD seperately for another 200 some dollars, on top of a 300 dollar system. plus, it just seems like these two games are going to change the way we look at RPGs forever, and isn't that worth it anyways?

Croyles
02-12-2008, 02:51 AM
Im glad i already have a PS3 but I definitley didnt buy it just for FFXIII. Ive already played Uncharted: Drake's Fortune which is like one of my favourite games of all time now, also looking forward to new team ico game, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, MGS4, LittleBigPlanet, GTAIV, GT5, Last Remnant, to name a few. So thats really gonna hurt my wallet! I just which FFXIII/Vs werent that far off :(

Bolivar
02-13-2008, 11:16 PM
Heavenly Sword, yes, is a pretty cool game. It's a little less mindblowing in HD than the previews made it out to be, but it's very fun, and the part where you actually get the heavenly sword was real cool.

I bought the ps3 for more than XIII (MGS4 and GTAIV), plus there's alot of good games coming out and there already are some good ones. I'm not a big racing fan, but motorstorm's pretty fun, I'm enjoying the Don's Edition of the Godfather, plus HS as previously mentioned. It's going pretty good.

Helen
02-19-2008, 06:12 PM
Yah mostly because I want to play final fantasy 13 on the PS3.

I do not think the series has lost anything, I had a lot of fun playing 10 and 12. 9 as well as 8 as well , I own them all.

Yar
02-20-2008, 11:39 PM
Gettin' a PS3 for graduation :cool:, so there is no longer a problem for me.

Roogle
02-26-2008, 03:50 PM
I will likely buy a Playstation 3 for the following reasons:

I want to play Street Fighter IV. I think that this newest fighting game installment will have competitive online play, and that is an important aspect in a fighting game for me. I look forward to being able to play against others from around the world and the Playstation 3 has a relatively easy time accessing network connectivity.

I want to play Final Fantasy XIII. At the current time, this is the only role-playing game that I look forward to on the Playstation 3, as all of the other titles that I see which are currently out are Western titles.

I see a Playstation 3 as slightly more than a typical console. It can do certain things that blur the line between console and computer if you have not been keeping up to date with consoles, or gadgetry, and I can justify the cost of it if I come up with other things to do with it since it is lacking on the game side for me.

Serapy
02-27-2008, 04:40 AM
Oh dude, thanks.

Now I just need to buy an xBox360. Which I can get for much cheaper than a Ps3. <3

Makes no difference, 360's online isn't free, whereas PS3's online is free.

Avarice-ness
02-27-2008, 08:56 AM
Oh dude, thanks.

Makes no difference, 360's online isn't free, whereas PS3's online is free.

I don't mind paying. I pay for MMO's to keep me entertained and Burnout will keep me like 89% more entertained than they will.

Anno Domini
02-27-2008, 04:03 PM
wow, ither than me there wasnt a single mention of KH3. Kinda suprised

Roogle
02-27-2008, 04:36 PM

Well, I would have mentioned it, but there has been no official announcement by Tetsuya Nomura or Square Enix about a potential Kingdom Hearts sequel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts_III#Future_of_the_series). I mean — I know it's coming, you know it's coming — but, at the same time, I don't want to say that I'm going to buy a Playstation 3 over something that doesn't exist at the moment, you know?

Remedy
03-08-2008, 08:48 PM
well Anno Domini, if my brother didn't buy PS3 then I won't buy it untill FF XIII released.
but hey, here I'm playing PS3 thanx to my brother ^.^

KH mmmmm, luv the game (extremely) but the game story is going backward instead of moving forward.

and that's it

CimminyCricket
03-08-2008, 09:10 PM
Stop it all of you, or I'm going to have to confiscate your PS3's or the monies you have set aside for a PS3.

Anno Domini
03-08-2008, 09:44 PM
i dont know why but cim made me laugh! i think thats because i imagined the crazy bird avatar saying that line XD

Remedy
03-09-2008, 02:56 PM
i think thats because i imagined the crazy bird avatar saying that line XD

now that u mentioned it, it making me laugh. :D

No.78
03-10-2008, 02:52 PM
It's certainly one of the reasons.

Anno Domini
03-10-2008, 06:34 PM
...? reasons for what? the OP or the spunky bird?

Grinn
03-19-2008, 08:12 PM
Yeah, I'll get a PS3 when this comes out. It will be a big kick in the balls to my wallet, but hopefully will be worth it.

Melodies of Life
04-06-2008, 10:43 AM
Hell the only reason I bought my PS3 was so I would be able to play FF 13 when it comes out. Granted, I've gotten some awesome games for my PS3 that I spend a lot of time playing (eg COD 4, Assassin's Creed) but the primary reason was so I'd have the right platform for FF 13.

In the end you're saving money by buying the right platform, instead of buying a Wii or 360 and then being forced to purchase a PS3 (which some of my friends who own one of those systems and are FF addicts are planning on doing)

Anno Domini
05-03-2008, 01:39 AM
im getting a job this summer to be able to pay for the ps3 and college. lookng back on it, my priorities seem slghtly ascew[sp?]

Dragonsoul
05-06-2008, 06:09 AM
I'm buy a Playstation 3 specifically for Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Versus XIII, this is great! :)

Suvious
05-06-2008, 07:42 PM
I'm going to save for like 7 weeks for a 360 or PS3, but if FF XIII is as disappointing as XII was for me some Square-Enix staff are gonna get slapped!

Vivisteiner
05-06-2008, 09:41 PM
^Dont worry. You always have Versus as a back up, just in case.

They cant both be bad...can they?

Roogle
05-07-2008, 08:44 PM
^Dont worry. You always have Versus as a back up, just in case.

They cant both be bad...can they?

I think it is a good idea that both games are taking a different approach to gameplay, as I have the feeling that having both systems utilize the same style of gameplay would result in redundancy and a smaller pool of fans for the series.

Wolf Kanno
05-13-2008, 02:03 AM
I don't really see the point, outside of MGS4 and Disgaea 3 (which I still see it being ported to another system) I can't think of anything else that PS3 offers to be "must buy".

I don't really care about the XIII project cause it seems too "mainstream Hollywood" for my taste so if I ever play it; it will be a rental but not the reason to buy a system for. I've bought a system for a FF title twice and both times I was horribly disappointed. :(

Most other titles I want to play are available on the 360 and the 360 exclusives are more endearing to me than the PS3 I'm afraid.

Anno Domini
05-24-2008, 06:08 AM
makes me sad the shrinking pool of fans because they got one sour game. i didnt think X2 or XII were that bad. :{

Wolf Kanno
05-27-2008, 10:34 PM
Nah :p I just learned awhile back that not all FFs are for me and just cause it has FF in the title doesn't necessarily mean its going to blow my mind. XII was a fine game though and it did live up to the unrealistic expectations fans have given the FF name for me at least. :cool:

I just don't see the point in jumping up and down cause the next title has been announced. Especially when what little of the game I've seen has failed to impress me. The Matrix meets VII/VIII is not my idea of a must have FF experience ;)

Anno Domini
05-31-2008, 05:47 AM
ive only played x, x2, xii. thats my ff experience. and i thought they were all awesome games. maybe im just a noob player who is still star struck. :-(

Wolf Kanno
06-01-2008, 01:04 AM
ive only played x, x2, xii. thats my ff experience. and i thought they were all awesome games. maybe im just a noob player who is still star struck. :-(

We all have different loves and taste so don't worry about it. You're not a noob luv ;)

Anno Domini
06-01-2008, 03:07 AM
:love:awe thanks wolf!

Dragonsoul
06-04-2008, 06:47 AM

Well, I would have mentioned it, but there has been no official announcement by Tetsuya Nomura or Square Enix about a potential Kingdom Hearts sequel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts_III#Future_of_the_series). I mean — I know it's coming, you know it's coming — but, at the same time, I don't want to say that I'm going to buy a Playstation 3 over something that doesn't exist at the moment, you know?

Kingdom Hearts 3 will come, but not for many years. The team working on Final Fantasy Versus XIII is pretty much the same team that was assembled for Kingdom Hearts 1, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts 2, and Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. The team is mostly the same for all five of these titles. Right now this team is too busy with Final Fantasy Versus XIII to make a PS 3 Kingdom Hearts 3 game. But Square Enix knows that people want more Kingdom Hearts, so they have decided to make three Kingdom Hearts games right now, they are: ...

Kingdom Hearts: Coded(Cell)
Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days(DS)
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep(PSP)

For these games Shinji Hashimoto is going to be executive producer, Tetsuya Nomura is going to be co-director with another of three guys, Yoko Shimomura is going to be composer, and Tetsuya Nomura is going to be character designer. Other than that I'm not sure how many people we know of are involved.

These three upcoming titles will help appease fan excitement about Kingdom Hearts for the next few years. I think that Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be out in Fall 2010 in Usa. After that I think that Tetsuya Nomura and Shinji Hashimoto's team will start work on Kingdom Hearts 3, probably for the Playstation 3. I think that will be out in Usa anytime from Fall 2012 to Fall 2013. We are going to have to wait a while for Kingdom Hearts 3. I recommend researching those three smaller upcoming Kingdom Hearts games for now.

Anno Domini
06-23-2008, 09:13 PM
Well, you certainly stated the obvious without stating sources. i digress however.

At the very least, the cost of the PS3 is going down :]

tidus_rox
06-25-2008, 09:01 PM
you know that FFXIII will also be released for the xbox 360 right?

there was a press release.. has been posted twice on youtube and has been pulled back because of square each time.. so i would hold off until they give the release date and such

lolz.

Um... yeah, I had FFXIII on my mind when I bought PS3, but also Heavenly Sword, Folklore, MGS4, LittleBigPlanet and etc...

Anno Domini
07-13-2008, 04:29 AM
I dont have it yet but my list has grown a little; KH3 FFXII and now Eternal Sonnata

Hyperion4444
07-17-2008, 04:00 PM
Not going to lie, im totally pumped for the coming three:love: ! i wish it wasnt so far away, but what can ya do? with that said, im wondering about the system.

truthfully, i dont care if Xiii branches out to other systems, but this game is going to be one of the main reasons for buying a ps3 , the other reason being kh3.

Now my question: how many people feel the same way- that this game is almost the singular reason to buy a ps3.

Me here.
If one game if worth the ps3, this one does.
But there are many other games to look foward to.
You can basically live on just the first party games:
-Warhawk, Resistance 2, Soccom, Killzone 2
-Heavenly Sword, Lair
-White Knight Chronicles
-Eye of Judgment
and many more of course....

plus the system has many more hardware than most other console don't have or you would have to buy extra, cost much less in the end.

Example:
PS3: BD/DVD/CD player, Free Online Service, Wi-Fi, Motion-Sensor+Rumble, Replay PS1+PS2, SACD, HDMI, 3X cards, 4USB, 80GB. 499$

Now, let's not say that the additional cost for the same services of other console cost more, let's just say we save by buying a PS3 instead. ok?

X360: DVD/CD player, 2USB, 20GB. 400$
or Elite +HDMI, 120GB (+100GB). 480$

ok, we would need a wireless connection, +100$ (up to 150$)
since we are going online, it would cost 50$/year
for the remaining 5 years approx. +250$
ok, HD movie player, it's not a BD but there is the HD-DVD with fewer movies on it, not completly the same as the BD player, but it has to do. +100$ (up to 200$)
no motion-sensor.
PS3: Dual-Shock 3
-Rumble, Motion-Sensor, Blue-tooth wireless, 15h charge minimal. 50$
Xbox 360: Wireless
-Rumble, wireless, 10h charge minimal. 60$
we would want to play Xbox games, it can't, buy an Xbox 150$ (up to 200$) or 50$ used.
buy a seperate SACD player, price ???
USB Hub 5$-20$ but much ofter less than that 1-2$, son why not make it built in instead?
each individiual card readers varies at a minimal 15
$-20$ up to 45$-50$
buy a bigger HDD if only at 20GB, cost 50$-70$ for 60GB.
ok let's add up:
250$ Online Internet Service
100$ Wi-Fi Wireless Connection
100$ HD-DVD Player
10$ for less technology
150$ for new Xbox
100$ Card reader

wow with all the money saved, you surely have enought to buy a PlayStation 3!

Extras: (software)
Internet Browser, Qore, PS Home, great games, more.

Anno Domini
07-18-2008, 10:21 PM
My my! Someone did their reaserch! :)
Thanks for the facts