PDA

View Full Version : Different Romance...

The Fat Bioware Nerd
01-14-2008, 06:59 PM
Have you ever wanted to romance Selphie when you were playing this game? I wanted to because I found Rinoa unappealing. I don't know why I find Selphie appealing and Rinoa unappealing...I just do.

Vivisteiner
01-14-2008, 07:08 PM
I find neither of them appealing.

I like Quistis best, but even she's a bit pathetic.

Still....

Go Quistis!

Bahamut2000X
01-14-2008, 07:25 PM
You took the words out of my mouth.

Rinoa was meh, but Selphie was damn hawt. :love: I was sad she had like 3 lines of any real dialog in the game. :cry:

The Fat Bioware Nerd
01-14-2008, 07:48 PM

Still....

Go Quistis!

I hate Quistis that stupid blonde bitch left her post during the assassination attempt on Edea!:mad:

sillybuttons™
01-14-2008, 09:49 PM
When I went to college I started dating a girl who was Selphie in a real person. I smurfed it all up. Every time I see Selphie (my fave character from any game ever) I'm reminded of her. I have a perfect girlfriend and two wonderful kids all of whom i would give the world for but I just cant forget Selphie. I cant help thinking what if. She used to do silly Selphie poses for me. She became a really good friend. We went to London for the weekend with our college and I got really drunk. I ended up smoking something I shouldnt have and well.... I got kicked out of college and Selphie... I havent seen her for years. She was an amazing person and while I'm typing this I am missing the hell out of her. She was the kind of girl I wish I'd never dated because god I've paused i don't know if I can carry on typing. I've got to for me. Well if I'd not dated her we might still be friends which was and I suppose still is what I always wanted. I'm not telling the entire truth here and as i type it's killing me. God i loved her. I still do. As im typing this my girlfriend who I love more than life itself is watching me but I cant stop myself. I dont care. I miss her. I just want to be friends again with her. As I said before I wasn't telling the whole story.... Look don't judge me, what i'm telling you happened and I'm sorry. It shouldnt have but it did. I was arguing with a lad (nothing to do with Selphie) and as far as I "was" concerned done the right thing, I walked away. Ended up getting drunk with some randoms. A fight started out between my college friends and the randoms I was drinking with. I sided with the randoms because they were in the right, a move which surprised all my college friends. The randoms were from Germany and my friends English, An international rivalry which shouldn't exist but none the less does. A lot of fights broke out
and I was without a side. I found myself fighting friends and the germans. No one was sure if they could trust me so I ended up fighting with everyone. Someone came up behind me and I punched out. It was Selphie. My best friend and someone I loved. I didn't know what to do so I hid with the Germans and got caught smoking stuff I shouldn't have been smoking. I got kicked out of college and lost the best friend I ever had. I've never told anyone about this before and it feels good to get it off my chest. But god do I miss her. I'm sorry this post was supposed to be light hearted but once I started typing I just couldn't stop. I'm not sure if this post is even in the right thread but I just had to tell someone. I normally end my posts with the moogle thing but not this one. I'm sorry if anyone feels offended by this post but well I dont need critiscism and I'm not posting for anyone to jump on my back for a mistake I've made. I'm sorry for what I've done.

Aerith's Knight
01-14-2008, 09:56 PM
psh.. im not gonna read all that.. it doesnt even have pictures :)

i was a rinoa fan, although ultimecia seemed to offer possibilities

Squall: Ultimecia used me, she did dirty things. She touched me :(

would be fun to see how the gang would react..

Zell: Same things happened to me with Cid!!

xD

Bahamut2000X
01-14-2008, 10:08 PM
Zell: Same things happened to me with Cid!!

:eek:

I always KNEW there was something wrong with VIII's Cid. >.>

The Fat Bioware Nerd
01-14-2008, 10:09 PM
When I went to college I started dating a girl who was Selphie in a real person.

Really? Was her hair like Selphie's hair? By the way did you want to romance Selphie when you were playing this game or not?

rubah
01-14-2008, 10:09 PM
an exquisitely sad story
Have you tried to look her up and apologize?

sillybuttons™
01-14-2008, 10:26 PM
Yeah I tried to look her up but cant find her. Anyway she doesn't need me complicating her life now, it's been 10 years. It's just my regret not hers.

Edit - Thanks Rubah

cloud21zidane16
01-14-2008, 11:15 PM
Yeah I tried to look her up but cant find her. Anyway she doesn't need me complicating her life now, it's been 10 years. It's just my regret not hers.

Edit - Thanks Rubah

Had she played FFVIII?

Moon Rabbits
01-15-2008, 03:25 AM
You took the words out of my mouth.

Rinoa was meh, but Selphie was damn hawt. :love: I was sad she had like 3 lines of any real dialog in the game. :cry:

And one of the best ones. The bazooka dealy. You know. On the train.

When I went to college I started dating a girl who was Selphie in a real person. I smurfed it all up. Every time I see Selphie (my fave character from any game ever) I'm reminded of her. I have a perfect girlfriend and two wonderful kids all of whom i would give the world for but I just cant forget Selphie. I cant help thinking what if. She used to do silly Selphie poses for me. She became a really good friend. We went to London for the weekend with our college and I got really drunk. I ended up smoking something I shouldnt have and well.... I got kicked out of college and Selphie... I havent seen her for years. She was an amazing person and while I'm typing this I am missing the hell out of her. She was the kind of girl I wish I'd never dated because god I've paused i don't know if I can carry on typing. I've got to for me. Well if I'd not dated her we might still be friends which was and I suppose still is what I always wanted. I'm not telling the entire truth here and as i type it's killing me. God i loved her. I still do. As im typing this my girlfriend who I love more than life itself is watching me but I cant stop myself. I dont care. I miss her. I just want to be friends again with her. As I said before I wasn't telling the whole story.... Look don't judge me, what i'm telling you happened and I'm sorry. It shouldnt have but it did. I was arguing with a lad (nothing to do with Selphie) and as far as I "was" concerned done the right thing, I walked away. Ended up getting drunk with some randoms. A fight started out between my college friends and the randoms I was drinking with. I sided with the randoms because they were in the right, a move which surprised all my college friends. The randoms were from Germany and my friends English, An international rivalry which shouldn't exist but none the less does. A lot of fights broke out
and I was without a side. I found myself fighting friends and the germans. No one was sure if they could trust me so I ended up fighting with everyone. Someone came up behind me and I punched out. It was Selphie. My best friend and someone I loved. I didn't know what to do so I hid with the Germans and got caught smoking stuff I shouldn't have been smoking. I got kicked out of college and lost the best friend I ever had. I've never told anyone about this before and it feels good to get it off my chest. But god do I miss her. I'm sorry this post was supposed to be light hearted but once I started typing I just couldn't stop. I'm not sure if this post is even in the right thread but I just had to tell someone. I normally end my posts with the moogle thing but not this one. I'm sorry if anyone feels offended by this post but well I dont need critiscism and I'm not posting for anyone to jump on my back for a mistake I've made. I'm sorry for what I've done.

YOU WON THE THREAD.

Anyways, Quistis is the best character in FFVIII, and her pathetic-ness only makes her more endearing. For me, anyway.

EDIT: lulz@use of anyway. THREE TIMES NOW!

Basic123s
01-16-2008, 11:49 PM

Still....

Go Quistis!

Same here. Rinoa's too meh, and Selphie's insane. Rikku and Selphie should be institutionalized. >_>

As for Quistis...well...she's a pretty one.

Bahamut2000X
01-17-2008, 12:01 AM
Rikku and Selphie should be institutionalized.

I'd institutionalize them. :p

Alive-Cat
01-18-2008, 09:31 PM
I first attempted to play Final Fantasy VIII at the age of what...8? 9? Being extremely lonely and somewhat lacking a life anywhere outside of the classroom and my bedroom, I became obsessed with the character of Rinoa. I used to actually have dreams about her, I wanted her to be real so bad. When I started a new school year I used to hope that one of the new kids in my class would actually be a version of her my age, as if somehow my wishes had been answered. I don't even think it's embarrassing because I was just a kid. :p
So nowdays, I've become really sentimental over the game and her character, it's one of my favourites because it's a part of my childhood.
And I STILL kind of wish Rinoa was real. (My girlfriend really wouldn't like to hear that. :rolleyes2 )

There. I thought I would contribute to the sharing of this thread. I feel like we are all very brave, baring our hearts and souls like this.

Breine
01-18-2008, 09:47 PM
Selphie is cute in a more obvious way than Rinoa. I like both of them.

f f freak
01-18-2008, 10:01 PM

Still....

Go Quistis!

I hate Quistis that stupid blonde bitch left her post during the assassination attempt on Edea!:mad:

And? Rinoa went off to give that Bangle to Edea making Squall and Irvine have to rush off to save her. Besides, Quistis told Selphie and Zell to wait there but they didn't listen and followed her anyway. Essentially everyone but Squall messed up in that mission.

Still Quisty and Selphie are my faves. Rinoa is just a horrible character. She should be shot. In the Face. With a Bazooka.

Tallulah
01-18-2008, 11:30 PM
^ Surely you mean blown to smithareens with a rocket launcher? :D

N.E Wayzzzz

QuistisxSeifer 4evar :love:

I see myself in all the three lead females. I can be peppy like Selphie, or brooding like Quistis, and unfortunatly clingy like Rinoa. Yeuch.

NeoCracker
01-19-2008, 12:35 AM
I hated them all, but Rinoa was easily the hottest. I'm basically against any FF VIII Romance that does not involve Irvine and Zell, (Togehter or not is fine, but never with another FF VIII Character if not.)

Liberi_Fatali
01-25-2008, 06:46 PM
I'm basically against any FF VIII Romance that does not involve Irvine and Zell, (Togehter or not is fine, but never with another FF VIII Character if not.)
Wow. ZellxIrvine is a distinct possibility. I had never thought of that, but hey it fits!

The Fat Bioware Nerd
01-25-2008, 07:21 PM

Still....

Go Quistis!

And? Rinoa went off to give that Bangle to Edea making Squall and Irvine have to rush off to save her. Besides, Quistis told Selphie and Zell to wait there but they didn't listen and followed her anyway. Essentially everyone but Squall messed up in that mission.

Still Quisty and Selphie are my faves. Rinoa is just a horrible character. She should be shot. In the Face. With a Bazooka.

Yeah but if Quistis didn't leave her post Selphie and Zell would've stayed where they were...And I'm not gonna defend Rinoa because I don't like her.