PDA

View Full Version : I hate Blitzball...

The Fat Bioware Nerd
01-14-2008, 08:29 PM
Does anybody feel the same way?

sillybuttons™
01-14-2008, 08:39 PM
Nope I love blitzball. Wait till you have the airship and recruit Brother. Now when you play a game give the ball to Brother, he is so fast no one can catch him. Run to your own goal with Brother and the ball making sure the opposition follow you then throw a pass to Tidus. He should be by himself miles away from any opposition players so meke sure he is FR or FL. Then Jecht shot. If your players are low level use Brother to hold onto the ball as long as you can after going 1-0 up. Believe me Brother is the best player you can get on the game. Make sure you have enough to recruit him for 100 games and you are laughing all the way to the Jupiter Sigil. Maybe you will start to like Blitz when you can win. I know I did.:mog:

Raebus
01-14-2008, 08:41 PM
Blitzball was a horrible game with horrid controls. I never played it again after the second match, the first match wasn't optional so I tried again afterwards.

Skyblade
01-14-2008, 08:46 PM
Well, I wish that the character development was a little more user friendly, but on the whole the game was pretty nice. Especially compared with FFX-2's Blitzball.

Sain Cai
01-14-2008, 09:43 PM
You hate it because you probably didnt spend the time to learn it.

Blitz is an easy game though time consuming. Level up Tidus a few, and the game will be that much easier.

Otherwise, just dont play it. Also, if you hate Blitz, wait til you try some of the Celestial Weapons power ups.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
01-14-2008, 10:30 PM
You hate it because you probably didnt spend the time to learn it.

Yeah that's right I wasn't interested in playing Blitzball in the first place...I tried to learn how to play by reading those tiny text boxes but I got bored and I started yawning so I said "the hell with it let's just wing it!" guess what happened.

cloud21zidane16
01-14-2008, 11:25 PM
I can win but its never something i really enjoyed about X:cry:

LunarWeaver
01-15-2008, 01:28 AM
I hated it and gave it a good Z-Snap. Yeah, that showed it. Although my Precious likes the sport, so I give it some slack. It didn't hold a candle to FFVIII's main mini-game for me.

auronlu
01-15-2008, 04:00 AM
I love blitzball! It keeps me sane when my Mom calls and talks on the phone for two hours! Just pop in my team o' choice and go!

I like the fact that it uses strategy, especially at first, when you have to be careful and use what few assets you've got to overcome the Aurochs' weaknesses. The only thing I don't like is that you can build up your team so fast and easily that it stops being a challenge.

I liked Triple Triad as well, but I have to say, for just sitting down and playing a game, Blitzball wins.

Each to their own, though. I never liked any pro sport until I got hooked on baseball, so I can understand why many players wouldn't be interested.

Elly
01-15-2008, 04:43 AM
the controls are easy to get the hang of once you realize the entire game is played on the little radar in the corner and ignore the action on screen...

tidus_rox
01-16-2008, 02:33 AM

yes

Serapy
01-16-2008, 12:05 PM
Nope, I like it. It seems fun :)

Heath
01-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Get hold of some decent characters like Kyou, Biggs, Wedge, Wakka and Brother and the game becomes more enjoyable. If you stick with the default team and don't achieve much it can be frustrating, but when you start to actually have a decent team together it's much more fun.

Sarc the Swordsman
01-17-2008, 01:12 AM
I liked it. The game never forces you to play it more than once, except for sidequests anyway. It provided a nice distraction along the way.

Nifleheim7
01-17-2008, 02:27 AM
I like the fact that it uses strategy, especially at first, when you have to be careful and use what few assets you've got to overcome the Aurochs' weaknesses. The only thing I don't like is that you can build up your team so fast and easily that it stops being a challenge.

My thoughts exactly!

cally777
01-17-2008, 02:30 AM
Its great when you get into it. If you find it too hard, read a guide. If you find it too easy, try the double/triple top scorer challenge. The idea is to get more than one of your players the top scorer at the end of a tournament/league. I have and its made it a whole new kind of game. You get to use more players to the full instead of just passing to your best forward all the time. And you get double/triple prizes too!

My current team, Tidus, Zazi Guado, Linna/Shuu, Zalitz, Wedge, Kyou. Ave Level 45, just gained the Jupiter Sigil. Linna is my favourite player, great all-round midfielder/attacker, if a little high maintenance!

:choc::choc::choc:

Cloud88
01-20-2008, 07:31 PM
Well, my team are all on roughly LVL 91, Tidus has Jecht Shot 2, Wakka has Aurochs Spirit and last time I checked, my wins was 210. So, yeah, I like Blitzball. Seriously, get some decent players, and play to your hearts content. It gets so much better when you can actually beat the Al Bhed Psyches by taking potshots from the half-way line. I recommend keeping Jassu, taking Wakka, let Datto go but then take him back after a while,(his speed can reach about 80), Kyou, and find a good goalie. This is quite possibly the best mini-game the FF series has seen in years.:)

Serapy
01-20-2008, 07:34 PM
Also, make sure your BB system is based on manual, so that the system will rely on your actions. If it's not manual, you will find BB very boring, no doubt about that.

Vermachtnis
01-20-2008, 07:46 PM
I liked and played it a lot. Plus I used Wakka alot (in the story) so having his Celestial Weapon was plus.

toad626
02-16-2008, 10:04 PM
Loved it. Best mini game in all FF. Very fun when you get a decent team, only problem is when your team gets too good and there's not challenge anymore. (Jetch shot 2 is a cheap move.)

Breine
02-20-2008, 04:35 PM
At first I had no idea how to play it, but once I got the hang of it I kinda enjoyed it. I've spent hours playing it - for whatever reason - but these days I don't really bother to play Blitzball when I'm playing through the game... and I don't care about Wakka's limit break anyway, so..

Roogle
02-20-2008, 05:14 PM
Blitzball was a little too statistical and mathematical for me to enjoy. I would have preferred an action-oriented minigame requiring the full use of the Playstation 2 controller, or, at least, a methodology similar to those seen in sports console games.

Crossblades
02-20-2008, 08:40 PM
I dont hate it, but god, do I suck at it >< I didnt bother to play it to get Wakka's slot and celestial weapon because of how badly I suck >.>

Anno Domini
03-06-2008, 03:01 AM
i liked it after i got the girl from the calm lands. she roxs my soks!! i thought it was really fun late in the game when you had the airship and nuttin left to do bu go and cut up sin. it gave you a whole little distraction

Arc_Master_14
03-06-2008, 06:03 AM
I hated it until i got all the super pwnage peeps that make up my team now its like i don't do anything and I win my goalies save is like oober crazy only one shot has been made on him O_o

~Hikaris~Uta~
03-06-2008, 03:08 PM
I hate blitzball so much when ever I play the game and you have to play it I always give it to my bro cause he loves the game.

Skyblade
03-06-2008, 03:54 PM
On my current playthrough I have no new players, just the original Besaid Aurochs, and I still kill everyone. Tidus starts with the two most overpowered shots in the game. Letty gets enough pass to handle his role (Nap Pass rocks). Early on, Tidus's experience will skyrocket from repeated Jecht Shots. Once he gets Golden Arm, he can Sphere Shot from the midway point and score on any goalie but Nimrook (although you can beat even him this way occasionally). If Botta and Jassu fall behind, just spam their exp once you pull ahead in a game. Tidus and Letty are about ten levels higher than anyone else in the game at the moment, and with Elite Defense and Wither Tackles, they can strip most centers (who usually swim dumbly into the three forward players after they get the Blitzoff). Datto is my only pathetic player (about 10 levels below the average player), 'cause you don't need him, but he has Volley Shot and Nap Shot, and he still gets goals on occasion.

Roogle
03-06-2008, 04:37 PM
i liked it after i got the girl from the calm lands. she roxs my soks!! i thought it was really fun late in the game when you had the airship and nuttin left to do bu go and cut up sin. it gave you a whole little distraction

Is there any benefit to playing Blitzball after you receive the World Champion, or is it just a clever little mini-game after that point on with no rewards?

Skyblade
03-08-2008, 12:07 AM

Is there any benefit to playing Blitzball after you receive the World Champion, or is it just a clever little mini-game after that point on with no rewards?

Largely, no. You can get some item rewards from it, including Teleport, Friend, and Return Spheres, Three Stars, and Underdog's Secrets, but those are about the only rewards worth anything, and you can get them from the Calm Lands fiend training center quicker.

cally777
03-08-2008, 07:33 PM
True, because if you have the W. Champ, you also have the airship, and you should be strong enough to get all these things quite easily with it.

But if you play blitz earlier in the game, then they will come in handy.

:choc::choc::choc:

Anno Domini
03-08-2008, 09:35 PM
i have never gotten the w. champ and i dont know how. will someone explain the process to me? i dont have the book for this one

Skyblade
03-20-2008, 12:19 AM
i have never gotten the w. champ and i dont know how. will someone explain the process to me? i dont have the book for this one

To get the World Champion, you need to have the airship. This is because you need the Celestial Mirror, and by the time you get the Mirror you cannot backtrack beyond the Thunder Plains (Tidus will avoid Guadosalam because of Seymour's cronies). The World Champion is in Luca. Once you have the airship and the Mirror, return to Luca and go to the pub (where Khimari upper-cutted Biran when you two were looking for Auron, right before Yuna goes missing). If you have won at least five Blitzball games and you have the Mirror, you can get the World Champion from the barkeep.

The Crest is in a chest inside one of the lockers in the Auroch's locker room. You can get it before leaving Luca. You won't see the chest, it's hidden, so just press X next to the doors to the lockers in the back, near Keepa. One of them will open and you can get the Crest in it.

To get the Sigil, you must first acquire all of Wakka's slots, which will be either Tournament or League rewards. They are always first place rewards, if I am not mistaken. From personal experience I've seen that you can get the Attack Slots as soon as you can play blitzball, but there may be plot requirements to unlock the others (despite much checking of the randomized rewards, the Status Reels wouldn't show up for me until I reached Macalania Temple). Once you have won all of Wakka's Reels (there are four total, he starts with one), the Sigil will show up as a League reward (not Tournament) for first place.

Sorry the info's late, but I hope it helps.

Dr.M
03-22-2008, 12:35 AM

yes. very much so

Lone Wolf Leonhart
03-28-2008, 11:20 PM
I think Blitzball was an okay game. It's fun to play (at least for me) and it's easy to win after you gain some levels and have some techniques.

Although I do have one problem with it, sometimes I swear the computer cheats.....like I'll stand right next to their goalie and have like 34 shot and MISS. But they could be standing right next to their own goalie and have like 3 shot and make it into my goal xD Okay, not exactly like that, but there are always situations where someone from my team and their team have the same stats, but they can make a goal from a position that I can't.

Anno Domini
04-01-2008, 10:40 PM
I think Blitzball was an okay game. It's fun to play (at least for me) and it's easy to win after you gain some levels and have some techniques.

Although I do have one problem with it, sometimes I swear the computer cheats.....like I'll stand right next to their goalie and have like 34 shot and MISS. But they could be standing right next to their own goalie and have like 3 shot and make it into my goal xD Okay, not exactly like that, but there are always situations where someone from my team and their team have the same stats, but they can make a goal from a position that I can't.
story of my blitzball life. :-[