PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Tpyos.

rubah
01-14-2008, 09:58 PM
I think my favorite typo is taht of the word 'that'. Because when you typo it, you're really just spelling it backwards.

When I used to chat with a girl who would typo EVERYTHING, I almost got accustomed to typing 'adn' because she would all the time.

We were both members of a "Typosian" royalty at our harry potter rpg. We had the Typo Queen, typo Evil Queen (aforementioned girl), assorted princes and consorts, dukes and duchesses (yours truly, a cousin of someone or something xD). We made little aliases in mIRC to show off our Typos (the country) pride. One of the guys made a little anthem as well xD

Typos tiem?

Aerith's Knight
01-14-2008, 10:00 PM
when im trying to say 1 sec

and i say 1 sex

i just did it again typing this post xD

Bahamut2000X
01-14-2008, 10:02 PM
All type sadden me. :cry:

Iceglow
01-14-2008, 10:02 PM
I actually always typo lol with ;p; or kik and I generally misspell secs for sexs, it's only annoying when I'm trying to be serious with something but otherwise I laugh about it and crack jokes. I wouldn't say I like any typo's in particular though.

oddler
01-14-2008, 10:03 PM
Cwawfee.

LunarWeaver
01-14-2008, 10:04 PM
I always try and type too fast in messengers and make lots of mistakes. But putting the final letter of a preceding word with "it" is a common one. So when I say "forget it" it comes out "forge tit". Makes me fuzzy.

rubah
01-14-2008, 10:05 PM
I actually always typo lol with ;p; or kik and I generally misspell secs for sexs, it's only annoying when I'm trying to be serious with something but otherwise I laugh about it and crack jokes. I wouldn't say I like any typo's in particular though.

kikikikikikik

Just say you're filipino? :D except that's usually kekekeke ;o Or maybe filipino-spanish, since (at least I think xD) they usually laugh with hihihihihihi hih+keke=kik.

leader of mortals
01-14-2008, 10:08 PM
our harry potter rpg.

Hogwarts Live?

Big D
01-14-2008, 10:10 PM
I have a friend who often typoes "yeah" as "yeha", which is kind of cute because it looks like a miniature version of "yeehaa!"

I tend to type "possible" instead of "possibly" far too often, due to using the former word far too often in academic writing. Some key combinations become ingrained in your muscle memory over time, it can be hard to type something similar but different...

Occasionally, I'll type "who're" without the apostrophe, but thankfully I always spot that in time and never actually post it in a thread.

rubah
01-14-2008, 10:22 PM
our harry potter rpg.

Hogwarts Live?

Magic Hogwarts, actually. A bunch of people defected to create their own rpgs, but I can't remember the name of any of them. I thought HL might have been one, but it doesn't look like it is.

leader of mortals
01-14-2008, 10:26 PM
our harry potter rpg.

Hogwarts Live?

Magic Hogwarts, actually. A bunch of people defected to create their own rpgs, but I can't remember the name of any of them. I thought HL might have been one, but it doesn't look like it is.

ooo is it fun

Madame Adequate
01-14-2008, 10:37 PM
I tend to type "possible" instead of "possibly" far too often, due to using the former word far too often in academic writing. Some key combinations become ingrained in your muscle memory over time, it can be hard to type something similar but different...

I'm the same way with the same word. I get 'possible' out so much when I mean 'possibly'. Happens with some other things as well but none come instantly to mind.

Roto13
01-14-2008, 10:54 PM
I have a friend who often typoes "yeah" as "yeha", which is kind of cute because it looks like a miniature version of "yeehaa!"

I do that. >_>

My husband always types "waw" instead of "wow" when he's on MSN. That's because he doesn't know any better and I don't correct him because "waw" sounds more surprised and awesome than "wow." (English is his fifth language so he can get away with it.)

rubah
01-14-2008, 10:57 PM
our harry potter rpg.

Hogwarts Live?

ooo is it fun

it was before it diedxD

Kanshisha
01-14-2008, 11:06 PM

kikikikikikik

Just say you're filipino? :D except that's usually kekekeke ;o Or maybe filipino-spanish, since (at least I think xD) they usually laugh with hihihihihihi hih+keke=kik.

Eyy, im filo ><"! But, it's true, us pinoys and some pinays acctually talk typo. i mean, replacing the letter F to a P ends up odd, yet funny. eg. war craft = war crapt.

0_o

cloud21zidane16
01-14-2008, 11:10 PM
I type lol as kik when im typing fast, and from as form:)

Bahamut2000X
01-14-2008, 11:30 PM
war craft = war crapt.

You sir have just won. :)

Denmark
01-15-2008, 01:32 AM
bel;

BardTard
01-15-2008, 08:45 AM

and i say 1 sex

lol I do that all the time!

I was talking to I am Stoner earlier and typo'd song for snog. It made me giggle a bit.

Heath
01-15-2008, 01:56 PM

I'm the same way with the same word. I get 'possible' out so much when I mean 'possibly'. Happens with some other things as well but none come instantly to mind.

I'm really guilty of this too. Though I think it happens as much with 'actually' and 'actual' as it does with 'possible' and 'possibly.' I use the former so much that I think I subconsciously refuse to acknowledge that the word 'actual' exists. I've also meant to type the word 'now' or 'new' and have them come out as 'know' or 'knew' respectively. No idea why I do that one a lot, just happens, I suppose.

One typing error that I got hounded by one friend for was mistakenly putting an apostrophe in the word 'Americans' referring to more than one American. As a result, "Damn them American's!" became a bit of a running joke.

Jessweeee♪
01-15-2008, 03:06 PM
"Teh" instead of "the" n.n

Denmark
01-15-2008, 04:02 PM
I also have a tendency to type New Yourk, but I often fix that. This problem stems from typing words related to the word "you" more often than words relating to the word "York", so it's a reflex.

Aerith's Knight
01-15-2008, 04:11 PM

and i say 1 sex

lol I do that all the time!

I was talking to I am Stoner earlier and typo'd song for snog. It made me giggle a bit.

does everyone see the pattern where she only makes typo's with sexual related words :).. are you sure its a typo? ;)

escobert
01-15-2008, 04:28 PM
I'm always good fro a liek.

Lynx
01-15-2008, 05:11 PM
oyu instead of you is probably my most common typo.

snacks
01-15-2008, 07:22 PM
In the loving words of Bert:

<bert> i want some bereal

Denmark
01-15-2008, 07:44 PM
oyu instead of you is probably my most common typo.

I prefer yuo myself.

skt: beer+cereal=bereal it's totally legit zomg.

rubah
01-15-2008, 11:21 PM
denffe, HOLY CRAP WE AM WE [not a typo]. You just summed up my last two thoughts on the last two posts in this thread.

*high five*

Evastio
01-16-2008, 01:18 AM
teh, taht, and oyu seem to be really common to me as well.

Manny
01-16-2008, 01:31 AM
Either "wood" for "would" merely because it demonstrates that there ARE people with the IQ of a chair in this world, or when I'm typing the words "that it" and they come out "tha tit" 'cause it sounds like I'm gansta talking dirty.

Serapy
01-16-2008, 01:36 AM
kik = lol
;p; = lol
rifk = rofl
p = o (oh)

but my favourite one is definitely kik

Caraliz
01-16-2008, 03:59 AM
the typo i make most often is in smiley faces. i hit ) when i mean to hit (.

it's a dreadful thing to emote incorrectly.

Vincent, Thunder God
01-17-2008, 11:15 AM
TonyNewman:
"Look at Rob's dinky little bass. xP"

M15577:
"Its called a Steinberger.

Not a dicky." (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=4WKogjcPepo)

blackmage_nuke
01-17-2008, 12:37 PM
It becomes confusing while chatting when someone accidentally types 'u' when using the word 'i' as they mean opposite things yet are so close together on the keyboard.

Zeldy
01-17-2008, 01:29 PM
I'm always making typo's, I always type 'be right back a sec' as 'be right back a sex' to Shauna's amusement. I use '>;o' emoticon alot, and it always comes up as the bat on msn, Ive typed 'yeha' instead of 'yeah' a few times and 'lol' has been ';p;'. It's quite embarrassing the amount of mistakes I make ;_;

Roto13
01-17-2008, 04:50 PM
All the freudian slips in this thread make me grin.

rubah
01-17-2008, 11:45 PM
I'm always making typo's, I always type 'be right back a sec' as 'be right back a sex' to Shauna's amusement. I use '>;o' emoticon alot, and it always comes up as the bat on msn, Ive typed 'yeha' instead of 'yeah' a few times and 'lol' has been ';p;'. It's quite embarrassing the amount of mistakes I make ;_;

I smurfen HATE that bat. Except with trillian it's :[ which looks nothing like a bat! and I don't use trillian now ;o BUT I STILL HATE IT.

Kanshisha
01-18-2008, 01:23 AM
amde=made

KentaRawr!
01-18-2008, 01:33 AM
I once saw someone typo Pheonix as Pheonis. It's not exact, but still, the context was pretty funny how it was worded. :3 The Falcon Pheonis.

Big D
01-18-2008, 01:48 AM
I once saw someone typo Pheonix as Pheonis. It's not exact, but still, the context was pretty funny how it was worded. :3 The Falcon Pheonis.I want to say it... but I can't think of a funny way to do so:(

KentaRawr!
01-18-2008, 01:50 AM
I once saw someone typo Pheonix as Pheonis. It's not exact, but still, the context was pretty funny how it was worded. :3 The Falcon Pheonis.I want to say it... but I can't think of a funny way to do so:(

"Captain Falcon used his Falcon Punch, and his fiery pheonis appeared."

Bunny
01-18-2008, 02:52 AM
I do not make typos. I am perfect.

KentaRawr!
01-18-2008, 03:23 AM

Pity is not a person or a name, so it shouldn't be capitalized in your signature.

Goldenboko
01-18-2008, 03:27 AM
;p; = lol

I do that one on purpose, its obviously on of my favorite smilies!

Big D
01-18-2008, 03:36 AM

"Captain Falcon used his Falcon Punch, and his fiery pheonis appeared."I was actually referring to the fact that you were making fun of someone for mis-spelling "Phoenix", yet you did the same in your post. Phoenix, not pheonix.
:p

Bunny
01-18-2008, 03:46 AM

Pity is not a person or a name, so it shouldn't be capitalized in your signature.

It is a section from Oscar Wilde's poem "The Ballad of Reading Gaol". Stop your incessant failures immediately.

KentaRawr!
01-18-2008, 04:16 AM

It is a section from Oscar Wilde's poem "The Ballad of Reading Gaol". Stop your incessant failures immediately.

Poetry bears too many grammatic mistakes, my friend. We must all accept it.

Edit for Big D: Oh.

Kanshisha
01-18-2008, 04:19 AM

Either that.. or you take ages to type lol

Big D
01-18-2008, 04:21 AM
Poetry bears too many grammatic mistakes, my friend. We must all accept it.e e cummings takes issue with this statement

Edit for Big D: Oh.Zing!

Bunny
01-18-2008, 06:48 PM

Poetry bears too many grammatic mistakes, my friend. We must all accept it.

Edit for Big D: Oh.

But I cannot be blamed for Oscar Wilde's incompetence.

Either that.. or you take ages to type lol

I type a little less than 100 words per minute.

KentaRawr!
01-18-2008, 07:04 PM
i type 200 werds per mintue. i so awesome.

BardTard
01-18-2008, 08:13 PM
It becomes confusing while chatting when someone accidentally types 'u' when using the word 'i' as they mean opposite things yet are so close together on the keyboard.

Sometimes when I try to insult people I accidentally call them a duck.

Breine
01-20-2008, 02:58 PM
I sometimes typo my own user name (like this: Briene), which is pretty annoying. Teh, taht and some other ones are also somewhat common typos.

Xander
01-20-2008, 05:52 PM
I remember when a friend of mine posted a convo where his friend said "you have to lick the attachment" when he meant "click". They were both guys and my male friend was gay which made it kinda even funnier :p

The Devil
01-21-2008, 05:14 AM
Anything that might imply doing an evil act!

Jiro
01-21-2008, 09:01 AM
I typo a few things, but I can't recall any that stand out. Probably the usual ones.
I must note though, that in the creation of this post i originally had the word "usually" instead of "usual". You people have affected me!

Sakura
01-21-2008, 07:28 PM
Once I wrote "Don't do that do me ;\"
To this guy who takes everything the wrong way
It was supposed to be "Don't do that do me ;\?

snacks
01-21-2008, 07:33 PM
Once I wrote "Don't do that do me ;\"
To this guy who takes everything the wrong way
It was supposed to be "Don't do that to me ;\?

Sakura has informed of a grammatical error in her previous statement and wished me to fix it.

That is all.

Sakura
01-21-2008, 07:34 PM
Thanks Skt, I <3 you :x

Dark Eternal Knight
01-22-2008, 08:21 PM

and i say 1 sex

Haha, I do that all the time too. I used to work with customers and they'd ask for something, and I'd tell them that I'd be "back in a couple of sex." I'd slap myself in the forehead as I walked away in shame.

I can't say I have a "favorite" typo, but my eye begins to twitch when I see college students who still can't figure out the difference between "you're" and "your." I see that one more than anything. Call it a pet peeve.

The Unknown Guru
01-23-2008, 12:36 AM
I usually fix my typos before I hit enter, because when I don't, I get on a bad streak. My typing becomes so incomprehensible that I can't even tell people to wait a sec. Ex: "Mt t[yijg is dyinf!"