PDA

View Full Version : Don't Ditch Your Thread!!

Evastio
01-15-2008, 02:01 AM
Personally are you against people making threads and then not checking or posting in them afterwards?

Goldenboko
01-15-2008, 02:21 AM
Oh Evastio, not this again. :P

Only if its a thread that specifically requires another post (like a question, or something hosted). Otherwise who cares?

Agrias
01-15-2008, 02:24 AM
*raises tiny fist* i h8 u all

Tavrobel
01-15-2008, 02:27 AM
Depends on the thread style. If it's just a one shot opinion title, then there's no need. If it's a thread that calls for more frequent updates (news), or a more personal thread, then they should update.

Roto13
01-15-2008, 02:28 AM
Are you going to not post in this thread until someone mentions that you disappeared and aren't posting in the thread any more?

Didn't someone do that already?

Evastio
01-15-2008, 02:59 AM
That's no (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/98031-thread-traitors-hit-run-posters-etc.html) fun (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/84162-do-you-find-annoying-when.html). Having Roto13 and Goldenboko catch me before you guys are even close to failing to beat your old record.

Anyways, you broke your old record by 23 27 posts this time!! It's a new record!!! Of course that means it's going to be really hard impossible for you guys to improve on that. I really didn't think you'd catch on in only two threads. :sweat:

I'm only against it when someone is asking for advice or is running some sort of project or tournament.

[Edit] Fixed

Goldenboko
01-15-2008, 03:02 AM
That's no (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/98031-thread-traitors-hit-run-posters-etc.html) fun (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/84162-do-you-find-annoying-when.html). Having Roto13 catch me before you guys are even close to failing to beat your old record.

Anyways, you broke your old record by 23 posts this time!! It's a new record!!! Of course that means it's going to be really hard for you guys to improve on that.

I'm only against it when someone is asking for advice or is running some sort of project or tournament.

Hey, I knew exactly what you where doing from the first post! :kaoangry:

Evastio
01-15-2008, 03:14 AM
Fixed.

I guess next time mention that I didn't check the thread until someone notice that I haven't posted. I thought that you were just talking about how I made the thread before and not how I'm doing the same joke again.

Goldenboko
01-15-2008, 03:17 AM
Hey I have a reputation of quick, short, vague posts in order to get first, to uphold.

Fonzie
01-15-2008, 03:19 AM
The real question is, Why do you care?

Goldenboko
01-15-2008, 03:21 AM
U talkin' to me or 'Vast? *scratches behind*

mooglebunni608
01-15-2008, 03:21 AM
Yes.

Fonzie
01-15-2008, 03:27 AM
U talkin' to me or 'Vast? *scratches behind*

Vastio. :p

Evastio
01-15-2008, 03:30 AM
It's because it's disrespectful. You have people wanting to participate in a tournament or people offering you advice and then you just don't even bother with the tournament/absolutely ignore their advice. Like the "Tell me how to play" FFVI thread. There was so much people offering advice and contributing to the thread. And in the end the thread maker just ditched the thread and never looked at it again or thanked them. It's really annoying when you offer help to someone who asked for it and then they reject your hard work. As for tournaments and RPs and stuff, what's the point in wanting people to participate in them if you won't even go through with them? You're just going to disappoint a lot of people by doing that.

Psychotic
01-15-2008, 03:48 AM
I bet a thread abandoner murdered Evastio's family, and framed poor Evastio. And now, after 30 years, he's free. And he wants revenge. And he's going to get it in the form of a scathing thread campaign. And by starting sentences with and.

Fonzie
01-15-2008, 03:49 AM
It's because it's disrespectful. You have people wanting to participate in a tournament or people offering you advice and then you just don't even bother with the tournament/absolutely ignore their advice. Like the "Tell me how to play" FFVI thread. There was so much people offering advice and contributing to the thread. And in the end the thread maker just ditched the thread and never looked at it again or thanked them. It's really annoying when you offer help to someone who asked for it and then they reject your hard work. As for tournaments and RPs and stuff, what's the point in wanting people to participate in them if you won't even go through with them? You're just going to disappoint a lot of people by doing that.

Sorry, I didn't read the original post, just thought you were complaining.

Don't mind me. ;)

Jessweeee♪
01-15-2008, 04:16 AM
I do it myself sometimes, especially when I'm limited to browsing by Wii!

rubah
01-15-2008, 05:00 AM
it's pretty annoying especially if you have something significant to contribute and they aren't there to be pleased by it.

Del Murder
01-15-2008, 06:11 AM
I don't read any posts except the topic post anyway so I could care less.

Agrias
01-15-2008, 06:13 AM
Unless i'm unusally busy with work, i usually make it back to my threads to read up and add in a reply.

Del Murder
01-15-2008, 06:16 AM
Where do you work?

Agrias
01-15-2008, 06:18 AM
I'm an actress and i also do hostess work at Red Robins downtown. I have this beauty pageant thing going on now too so i'm gonna get pretty busy come late feb/early march.

Shoeberto
01-15-2008, 06:18 AM
Usually when I make threads they're just because I thought of a thread title gag in my head and don't really care what people's opinions are on whatever half-assed topic I came up with. So that's how that goes.

Roto13
01-15-2008, 06:25 AM
It's because it's disrespectful. You have people wanting to participate in a tournament or people offering you advice and then you just don't even bother with the tournament/absolutely ignore their advice. Like the "Tell me how to play" FFVI thread.
That was still the best thread ever.

Also:

Unless i'm unusally busy with work, i usually make it back to my threads to read up and add in a reply.

Where do you work?

YOU LYING LIAR WHO IS FULL OF THE LYING LIES OF A LIAR!

Agrias
01-15-2008, 06:27 AM

Where do you work?

YOU LYING LIAR WHO IS FULL OF THE LYING LIES OF A LIAR!

Who's the liar?

Del Murder
01-15-2008, 06:27 AM
:D

XxSephirothxX
01-15-2008, 06:30 AM
Del Murder say what?

Roto13
01-15-2008, 06:47 AM
What?

I MEAN...!

*pulls of mask*

Quindiana Jones
01-15-2008, 06:19 PM
I posted in my thread 10 TIMES IN A ROW but then that crotchety old git Roogle closed it and broke my heart. :(

Ah well, maybe I'll get an archived thread later. :(