PDA

View Full Version : The new vs the old

dyingchild
01-15-2008, 05:51 PM
I am so sad my ds and some ff games were stolen.....

anyways, i have the walkthrough for ff5 for the gba version dose the old snes or the "new" psone version have the necromancer class or is that only for the gba version?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-15-2008, 06:30 PM
The Gladiator, Cannoneer, Oracle, and Necromancer jobs are all exclusive to the GBA version of the game.

dyingchild
01-15-2008, 06:52 PM
I am re-buying the gba version of the game

Marshall Banana
01-15-2008, 07:00 PM
You can play it on an emulator instead. =O

dyingchild
01-16-2008, 04:38 PM
I never thought they would have a gba emulator

Hazzard
01-19-2008, 05:21 PM
lulz you got jacked?

Momiji
01-20-2008, 05:46 AM

There has been, for years. I suggest VirtualBoyAdvance. (I think that's the name of it...)

NeoCracker
01-20-2008, 07:25 AM
Theres probably someone working on a PS3 emulateror already, of course the have a GBA emulator.

They have PS2 ones as well.

But irrelevant, the New GBA version of FF V is the way to go.

KoShiatar
01-20-2008, 08:31 AM
Yep. If you own a PSP, you can even emulate it there, so it will still be portable! :D

Heath
01-20-2008, 05:05 PM

There has been, for years. I suggest VirtualBoyAdvance. (I think that's the name of it...)

I think you're thinking of VisualBoyAdvance, though that's a cracking emulator.

And yeah, the GBA version is well worth playing. Same goes for the GBA versions of I & II (Dawn of Souls), IV and VI.

Momiji
01-25-2008, 12:39 PM

Yeah, that's the name, sorry. I haven't played any of my ROMs in almost a year. I got it mixed up with the NES emulator I use.

What exactly is a 'cracking' emulator? Is it different from others or something?

Roogle
01-28-2008, 04:11 PM

Yeah, that's the name, sorry. I haven't played any of my ROMs in almost a year. I got it mixed up with the NES emulator I use.

What exactly is a 'cracking' emulator? Is it different from others or something?

I think it refers to the development status of an emulator; for example, MAME32++ is a cracking emulator for the CPS2 arcade system because it was the first emulator to crack the encryption and pave the way for other emulators.

Marshall Banana
01-28-2008, 06:00 PM
I think the original game is more likeable if the special additions to its GBA counterpart bore you or don't appeal to you in the first place.

Heath
01-28-2008, 11:35 PM

I think it refers to the development status of an emulator; for example, MAME32++ is a cracking emulator for the CPS2 arcade system because it was the first emulator to crack the encryption and pave the way for other emulators.

I actually meant 'cracking' as being British slang for 'great' xD I should choose my words more carefully!

Mirage
01-29-2008, 12:01 AM
The Gladiator, Cannoneer, Oracle, and Necromancer jobs are all exclusive to the GBA version of the game.

Too bad they're all useless :(.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-29-2008, 12:13 AM
As far as the new content added to the GBA ports goes, that's par for the course.

Momiji
01-29-2008, 03:36 AM

I actually meant 'cracking' as being British slang for 'great' xD I should choose my words more carefully!

No, it was the context, not the words. When you said 'though', it seemed like you were saying 'but, it's a cracking emulator', which got me thinking along the lines of what Roogle was saying. If you would have said 'and that's a cracking emulator', I would have caught on.

Sometimes context in text and context in spoken words confuse me. :p