PDA

View Full Version : The Black Mages (BMIII: Darkness and Starlight Coming March 19)

aikamitsui
01-15-2008, 07:30 PM
Hola, alguien tiene The black mages 2? El cd uno esta espectacular, si te guista FF, Amarás ese cd!!
Aika "the black mage" Mitsui

Roto13
01-15-2008, 08:37 PM
Si.

Goldenboko
01-15-2008, 09:10 PM
I don't speak...

German.

Vivisteiner
01-15-2008, 11:20 PM
^I think its Tamil.

Me no habla Tamil.

blackmage_nuke
01-16-2008, 01:13 AM
black mages 1 was good too.
yay!!

Avarice-ness
01-16-2008, 07:03 AM
Pardon my broken and horrible spanish.

¿Usted habla inglés?
Hablan sobre todo inglés aquí.

Pero, sí, el CD es maravilloso.

Also, he was asking if anyone had the CD. And that it's very good and if you like Final Fantasy that you'll totally like the cd.

Jiro
01-16-2008, 08:33 AM
I knew my Spanish teacher was right. "You'll need Spanish eventually, boy".
On topic, the Black Mages are awesome, but they don't have the CDs or DVDs at any stores near where i live, if they even have them at all in Australia.

XxSephirothxX
01-21-2008, 08:34 AM
Hay guys: check it (http://www.dogearrecords.com/tbm3/).

Black Mages III out on March 19th.

blackmage_nuke
01-21-2008, 08:47 AM
Hay guys: check it (http://www.dogearrecords.com/tbm3/).

Black Mages III out on March 19th.

I was hoping they'd atleast give us a tracklist

Roto13
01-21-2008, 04:23 PM
Oh snaps! Looking forward to that now!

crono_logical
01-21-2008, 07:36 PM
It's more fun waiting without a tracklist :p 2 months isn't a long time anyway :p

rubah
01-23-2008, 04:03 AM
oh snap, I'm excited now :D

Necronopticous
01-23-2008, 04:36 AM
The best news.

Literally, the best news.

Ichimonji
01-23-2008, 10:56 AM
That is amazing. I am super excited for this!

Fynn
01-23-2008, 09:44 PM
Looks like they're covering "Opening~Bombing Mission" on this album. I simply CANNOT wait!!! :hyper:

crono_logical
01-24-2008, 10:17 AM
In a way, I'm hoping they don't touch upon FF11/12 much, mostly because I'm unfamiliar with their soundtracks :p

Jiro
01-24-2008, 11:32 AM
I know I'm missing out on great things. Hopefully I can earn enough to go see them in concert somewhere.
I hate living so far from all the interesting things.

Jessweeee♪
01-25-2008, 03:14 PM
I loved the Bombing Mission theme n.n

YAY FOR NEAT THINGS!

ReloadPsi
01-25-2008, 05:06 PM
Looks like they're covering "Opening~Bombing Mission" on this album. I simply CANNOT wait!!! :hyper:

Quit waiting, go on the site and download the preview.

Big D
01-25-2008, 10:58 PM
This is going to be great. The two previews on the site are proof enough:)

Heath
01-25-2008, 11:30 PM
I am immensely looking forward to this. It's been far too long since I've heard anything new by The Black Mages. Can't wait.

Ouch!
01-27-2008, 05:22 AM
SQUEEEEEE!

Big D
01-27-2008, 05:45 AM
Now, if they'd just announce a world tour of live concerts...

Ouch!
01-27-2008, 06:19 AM
Now, if they'd just announce a world tour of live concerts...
Unfortunately for me they'd never hit Miami even if they did, so they would have to be in either Chicago or New York (assuming I can land this internship) over the summer. D=

NeoCracker
01-27-2008, 09:17 AM
I would so postpone my move to Washington in order to go see these guys live.

Roogle
01-28-2008, 04:22 PM
Hola, alguien tiene The black mages 2? El cd uno esta espectacular, si te guista FF, Amarás ese cd!!
Aika "the black mage" Mitsui

Welcome to Eyes on Final Fantasy. This is an English speaking message board, so please feel free to brush up on your English skills here.

Bienvenidos a Eyes on Final Fantasy. Esto es un inglés que habla el message board, así, por favor, que se siente libre repasar sus habilidades inglesas aquí.

The opening post wants to know if you have The Black Mages II: The Skies Above. If not, she says, you'll love it if you love Final Fantasy!

With respect to the opening post, please try to discuss this topic, too — in addition to the latest news that The Black Mages III: Darkness and Starlight will be released on March 19, 2008. I, for one, am surprised that the announcement was made so abruptly with little less than two months to final release. I think that we can expect a tour of the band in select cities across North America and Japan like we could with the last one.

crono_logical
01-28-2008, 04:46 PM
The opening post wants to know if you have The Black Mages II: The Skies Above. If not, she says, you'll love it if you love Final Fantasy!How do you know it's a she and not some randon male Morning Musume fan? :p

Fynn
03-09-2008, 08:39 PM
In a way, I'm hoping they don't touch upon FF11/12 much, mostly because I'm unfamiliar with their soundtracks :p

I'm sure they won't, since Uematsu didn't compose much for those games and they only cover his pieces.

Zechs
03-10-2008, 06:14 AM
# "Opening ~ Bombing Mission" (from Final Fantasy VII)
# "Neo Exdeath" (from Final Fantasy V)
# "The Extreme" (from Final Fantasy VIII)
# "Assault of the Silver Dragons" (from Final Fantasy IX)
# "Cloud of Darkness" (from Final Fantasy III)
# "Distant Worlds" (from Final Fantasy XI)
# "Premonition" (from Final Fantasy VIII)
# "Grand Cross" (from Final Fantasy IX)
# "Darkness and Starlight" (extended arrangement of the opera "The Dream Oath: Maria and Draco" from Final Fantasy VI)
# "Life ~ In Memory of Keiten ~" (original composition)

First revealed track list.
Looking forward to "Darkness and Starlight"

blackmage_nuke
03-10-2008, 06:29 AM
# "The Extreme" (from Final Fantasy VIII)
# "Premonition" (from Final Fantasy VIII)
# "Darkness and Starlight" (extended arrangement of the opera "The Dream Oath: Maria and Draco" from Final Fantasy VI)
Yay!!

Fynn
03-10-2008, 08:25 AM
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: *orgasm* :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: *explodes*

Roogle
03-11-2008, 03:11 PM
Thank you for posting the tracklist, Zechs.

I am looking forward to hearing Opening Mission ~ Bombing, The Extreme, and Premonition. I am hesitant about the inclusion of Distant Worlds on the soundtrack, and I hope that this version has a different vocalist than the traditional version or, hopefully, discards the lyrics altogether.

The Ceej
03-14-2008, 08:09 PM
I'm still kind of disappointed that, after three albums, they still neglect the boss battle theme from Final Fantasy IV. Sure, it's not the best, but it's one of the most memorable Final Fantasy battle themes. I would be willing to wait upwards six months for the release of this album if they would be willing to include that.

Big D
03-15-2008, 12:23 AM
I'm still kind of disappointed that, after three albums, they still neglect the boss battle theme from Final Fantasy IV. Sure, it's not the best, but it's one of the most memorable Final Fantasy battle themes. I would be willing to wait upwards six months for the release of this album if they would be willing to include that.Well... they did the final boss music from FFIV (on 'The Skies Above) which is a start, at least :3

The Ceej
03-15-2008, 12:57 AM
They also did the Four Fiends battle music. I don't recall which album that was. It's not the same. I want Final Fantasy IV regular boss music and I'm willing to wait for it. I'm also willing to make everyone else wait for the release of this album just to include that song. Does this make me an ass?

Roto13
03-19-2008, 05:15 PM
It was leaked, apparently.

*listens*

Roogle
03-19-2008, 05:32 PM
They also did the Four Fiends battle music. I don't recall which album that was. It's not the same. I want Final Fantasy IV regular boss music and I'm willing to wait for it. I'm also willing to make everyone else wait for the release of this album just to include that song. Does this make me an ass?

No. This makes you an appreciator of good music. I would like to see that boss battle theme on a Black Mages album, too.

It was leaked, apparently.

*listens*

I will download it when I get home, set up my computer desk, and set up my desktop computer with my music collection on it. Thank you for informing us of the leak.

The Ceej
03-20-2008, 10:10 PM
The wrong release date was posted on EoFF. (http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=38269203)

It's March 25th. I noticed that when I went to buy it.

Roto13
03-20-2008, 10:19 PM
Everywhere I've seen, including the official site, still says March 19th.

The Ceej
03-20-2008, 10:34 PM
This reminds me of the time that I went to Movie Stop to pick up the seventh season of Home Improvement and they told me the release date was the next week. So, I told them to cancel my preorder and give me my money back, I took my money to Circuit City, picked it up that day, and stopped back by Movie Stop to demand an apology. They insisted Circuit City broke street date, but they were the only ones who had the wrong release date listed.

The difference here is that Amazon has the 25th listed as well. (http://www.amazon.com/Black-Mages-Vol-Darkness-Starlight/dp/B0013FCOHS)

EDIT: In case you're wondering, Roto, I am conceding. The release date was the 19th. There are some major retailers who got it wrong, however.

Roto13
03-20-2008, 10:39 PM
The American release date could very well be later than the Japanese one.

The Ceej
03-20-2008, 10:57 PM
Maybe. I haven't found anyone who will sell it to me today. All the people with the 19th as a release date just have it as an announcement, so it's quite possible that the American release date is a week after the Japanese. I suppose I can wait a week. If I'd have been willing to wait six months to get one song added to the tracklist, I should be able to wait a week without that song.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
03-22-2008, 04:27 AM
The rock version of the opera medley is amazing. My only regret is that they left out the "Grand Finale" segment.

Fynn
03-22-2008, 11:52 PM
The rock version of the opera medley is amazing.
Quoted for truth!!! It's mind-blowing! Especially the new version of the duel section. Other tracks turned out great, too. I can easily say that I think this is their best album yet. Though the atmosphere of this album is completely different from the others. I love it.

Roogle
03-24-2008, 05:58 PM
The rock version of the opera medley is amazing. My only regret is that they left out the "Grand Finale" segment.

Is the "Grand Finale" segment the portion of the opera that plays in the game when the party confronts Ultros on the stage?

Kawaii Ryûkishi
03-24-2008, 08:36 PM
Yes, that's the one. It's actually my favorite part of the original soundtrack version.

Heath
03-29-2008, 05:04 PM
I found it to be a bit disappointing. There were some great tracks in there like Neo Exdeath, Distant Worlds and Premonition, but it just didn't feel as good as the other two albums for some reason. I'd been really hoping for Neo Exdeath, Premonition and Assault of the Silver Dragons but, I just wasn't all that impressed. I can't quite put my finger on why though.

The Ceej
03-29-2008, 06:04 PM
My copy is still on backorder. Curse whoever it you curse when such a thing happens.

ReloadPsi
04-04-2008, 12:51 AM
So I listened to it. Not heard it yet? Don't worry! You can replicate the experience by following these simple instructions!

1) Read the track list
2) Find mp3s of Silver Dragons, Distant World, the FF6 opera and FF3 Last Battle from this album
3) Find mp3s of the rest of the original tunes from their OSTs
4) Ascertain what key each song is in
5) Tune your guitar down to the necessary key
6) Put the original tune on and staccato the same note over and over in time with it
7) When the tune does its own staccato sequence, strum power chords instead
8) Once you're bored of this, insert a guitar solo that just doesn't fit and is basically random
9) Feel disappointed with yourself and then suddenly realise that no matter what form they come in, a Black Mage will always, always bring disappointment one way or another, no matter how useful they seem at first, proving once again that "Black Mage" means "cruel prank played on rookie FF players". Oh well, at least I'll always have Those Who Fight Further and Advent: One Winged Angel.

I hated this album. I hated it so much. I hated it the same reason I hate Dancing Mad on the first album: sounding like a MIDI lifted from VGMusic.com with a few random chords. (Liking four tracks out of ten is not good)

Rostum
04-04-2008, 05:08 AM
Meh I'll just download it then.

Edit: Look I don't think it's too bad. I certainly was expecting a lot, but some of the songs there were decent enough -- like The Extreme, Grand Cross, Distant Worlds, Opening Bombing Missions (though I prefer it orchestrated).

Ah well, hopefully it's just a sign that Nobuo should focus on better and bigger projects. :D

Roto13
04-04-2008, 02:59 PM
I actually wasn't that impressed by it either. There wasn't really anything that stood out for me. Piffle.

Obsidian
04-11-2008, 08:37 PM
They could have done much much much much much much MUCH better on Cloud of Darkness. I had been waiting for them to cover that ALL ALONG, too! :mad2::cry:

Markus. D
04-26-2008, 05:47 AM
IT HAS THE EXTREME.

It's epic.

The whole thing is fricken' epic!

EPIC!11!!!!1!

But I still like the original of every song, much better =]

blackmage_nuke
05-18-2008, 03:57 PM
I love the Opera song but for the fact that the female singer sounds more like an effeminate male rather than a female. But im not too into opera so maybe thats what its meant to be like and im just ignorant. It might not have been as bad if it werent for her annoyingly wide vibrato. I think it would be better had they just used a non opera singer for the female vocals. The male vocals were pretty cool though, as is the rest of the song

Holy Lancer
06-01-2008, 11:01 PM
Why is it not on Limewire? Curses!

s[H]sIkuA
08-26-2008, 08:19 AM
Love the rock medley in Darkness and Starlight, seriously the Black Mages at its best (besides Clash of the Big Bridge)

and then there were The Extreme, Bombing Mission and Neo Exdeath

Other tracks are quite good, but not good enough :)