PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Secrets/Glitches

Cloud88
01-16-2008, 04:19 PM
Well, basically, do you wanna tell the rest of us any glitches/secrets that you may have found out that the rest of us don't know about? I don't think there's that many. I'll go first.
In FF8, whereas Squall has to get more limit breaks by improving his Gunblade, Zell has to read magazines to learn new limit breaks. (I'm sure you're all thinking, yeah, yeah, get to the point) but the point is, that you don't have to read the magazines for Zell to use his limit breaks. For example, when you're doing the SeeD test at the start of the game, Zell can use My Final Heaven without having seen the magazine, never mind reading it. Seriously. Try it now. Use Duel, then input Booya (left, right), Heel Drop (Up, Down), Mach Kick (Left,Left,Circle), Punch/Beat Rush (Circle,Cross) and then My Final Heaven (Up, Right, Down, Left, Triangle). By the way, My Final Heaven won't appear on Zells move list, even when he's perfrming Duel, but it can still be used. Try it!:)
So what do you guys have?

Aerith's Knight
01-16-2008, 05:13 PM
hmmm...

FFVII: when you race all your chocobo's to A-level(or S), the breeding process never fails. You always get the color you want.

when your hp reaches 7777 hp, your damage becomes the same.

W-summon+KotR+mime = 3x KotR in final battle = instant kill sephiroth(even with wall)

Serapy
01-16-2008, 09:44 PM
In FF8, you can beat X-ATM092 in the first battle, it's not a good idea to do this as it took me almost 29 mins to beat him and I ran back to the ship so quickly (almost game over). I used a memory hacking device though, I did it just to test the theory of whether beating X-ATM092 to death in the first place is possible or not. I guess it's possible, but without a memory device, it's not possible. X-ATM092 in the first battle must have way more HP than Omega Weapon. Kind of cool, I guess.

BG-57
01-16-2008, 11:00 PM
In FFVII you can cast Death Force on your party and on Jokers in the Northern Crater. Then they can cast Roulette over and over again in a single battle, making it much easier to learn that E.Skill.

I've often speculated you could use Death Force on the party before using a Kiss of Death item and it would actually be useful. Never actually tried it though.

Roto13
01-16-2008, 11:39 PM
Vanish -> Doom. :P

blackmage_nuke
01-17-2008, 12:38 AM
Use relm to sketch Gau on the veldt and you will either be burried in treasure or the universe will collapse on you

Ichimonji
01-17-2008, 12:59 AM

Best ever.

BG-57
01-17-2008, 12:25 PM
In FFVI Strago can learn Blue Magic by just witnessing it. So if Gau goes into a rage that involves using a Blue Magic on a foe, he can pick it up that way. Same deal with Relm's sketch.

Avarice-ness
01-17-2008, 12:34 PM
hmmm...

FFVII: when you race all your chocobo's to A-level(or S), the breeding process never fails. You always get the color you want.

I thought that was because your chocobo's where in the best conditions possible.

The Last Oath
01-19-2008, 11:08 AM
covered in treasure or collapsed by the universe... really???

In FFVII during a chocobo race if u hold down R1 R2 L1 and L2 your chocobo will re gain stamina...

Heath
01-28-2008, 12:31 AM

That is the single best.

I can't really think of any others than haven't already been mentioned, so Vanish-Doom it is.

rubah
01-28-2008, 02:55 AM
Lol stat raising glitch in ff2 nes 8) select->cancel or whatever they call it.

Bahamut2000X
01-28-2008, 03:04 AM
In FFIV SNES version there's a way to duplicate weapons. It sure is fun having Edge with an unlimited supply of Masamunes to throw.

Also while playing it ages ago with my brother and sister, we somehow got a glitched weapon in the game, something along the lines of '332 GP'. It had uber attack stats and was just godly.

Martyr
01-28-2008, 05:02 AM
The peninsula in FF1, obviously.

FFVI, Quick + Gembox allows for infinite spells in one turn, so long as your MP (or economizer) allows.

leader of mortals
01-31-2008, 02:02 AM
must... resist... saying... something... about... aeris...

YOU CAN REVIVE AERIS IF YOU GET LIFE UP TO 1 BILLION AP....
Damn

The Unknown Guru
01-31-2008, 03:13 AM
In FFIV SNES version there's a way to duplicate weapons. It sure is fun having Edge with an unlimited supply of Masamunes to throw.

How?

Bahamut2000X
01-31-2008, 03:53 AM
It's been ages so I forget the exact details. I recall that it involved swapping weapons in the middle of combat. I'll have to check it out again, it's been forever since I've done it.

.:kerrod:.
01-31-2008, 07:45 AM

what is this? somebody please explain?

Use relm to sketch Gau on the veldt and you will either be burried in treasure or the universe will collapse on you

lol?

BG-57
01-31-2008, 12:24 PM

Simple really. Vanish makes an ally or enemy invisible. Invisiblily makes physical attacks miss, but magic always hits. Doom kills off an ally or enemy, but it misses often. So if you sucessfully cast Vanish on an enemy, you can kill in one hit with Doom. Even bosses. Also works with X Zone.

blackmage_nuke
01-31-2008, 12:46 PM

Simple really. Vanish makes an ally or enemy invisible. Invisiblily makes physical attacks miss, but magic always hits. Doom kills off an ally or enemy, but it misses often. So if you sucessfully cast Vanish on an enemy, you can kill in one hit with Doom. Even bosses. Also works with X Zone.

Only in FFVI though and not the gba version

Roogle
01-31-2008, 03:06 PM
In Final Fantasy VI on the Super Nintendo, the Blind status works incorrectly. It does not decrease physical or magical accuracy and, instead, only prevents Strago from learning Lores by watching them.

The Last Oath
01-31-2008, 04:06 PM
LOL, i once read that in ff9, if u got into the invincible and flew around the world 64,795 times or something like that then passed the game, saved in alexandria, started a new game a saved over that file you would have Kuja instead of Freya.. hahahaha

BG-57
02-01-2008, 12:52 AM
Some nice ones in the PSX version of FFT:

If a character gets covered with Oil, they're supposed to be vunerable to fire damage, but apparently they're not.

The weapon duplication glitch allows you to copy swords, knight swords, katanas and the like using the fitting room at shops. That's fairly well known.

You can use Degenerator traps to decrease levels. While this sounds bad, if you do it while in a class with poor stat growth and level up again in a class with good stat growth you can maximize several stats. Again, it's common knowledge.