PDA

View Full Version : Batman vs. Superman vs. Spider-Man

The Fat Bioware Nerd
01-16-2008, 08:57 PM
Out of these three movies which one do you prefer Batman (1989) Superman: The Movie (1978) or Spider-Man (2002)? I prefer the first Spider-Man film because it was fun to watch, Sam Raimi told a good story that was true to the comics and I thought Tobey Maguire was believable as Spider-Man/Peter Parker.

Dreddz
01-16-2008, 09:16 PM
I like all the movies but probably dislike Spider Man the most. Its tough to pick between Batman and Superman but Im probably edging towards Superman as its such a great film. Im a bit of a weirdo as I prefer Batman Returns to the original film, if it had been that film against the other two I would of picked it easily.

rubah
01-16-2008, 09:42 PM
I only saw one of the new superman movies, and it sucked pretty hard. the first spider-man movie was pretty awesome (also the third)

All i've seen from any batman movies were the penguin's lair and batman and robin on a speed boat.

Vincent, Thunder God
01-20-2008, 06:52 PM
The original Spiderman was a great film (though the sequel left much to be desired, a real disappointment), but since I like neo-noir A LOT I'm going with Batman. The moody lighting and shaky camera shots really captured a superb mood, and so many action films are so bereft of that.

The Superman films were just cheesy in general - I never much liked Superman's character anyways, finding the comics waaaay too predictable since he can basically overcome anything unless Kryptonite is involved, and this film didn't do a good job at improving my interest in the character. The plot also felt really contrived - the one strong point was the acting, which, while not Oscar material, was quite strong. Christoper Reeves did a pretty good job of making Superman seem all the more human and relatable which still distant enough to remind you he's an alien turned human.

ljkkjlcm9
01-20-2008, 07:23 PM
Of the original movies, I have to say Spider Man

Superman movies have never really impressed me, while superman TV shows I've always loved. Probably because the TV shows have more of the human side to him.

Batman...
Idk about Batman. Batman Begins was awesome, and I expect the Dark Knight film to be amazing too. People love him because "he's human" etc. They can relate more to him or whatever, but that's what I hate. He's just a really rich guy, and when I want a comic hero, I want something super or whatever. Batman is great, but hardly a super hero.

THE JACKEL

Ichimonji
01-20-2008, 09:08 PM
It's a close call between Batman and Spiderman. I'd have to go with the Spiderman movie though. Spiderman was my favourite comicbook superhero growing up, so the movie sparked some emotions in me which the other two did not.

NeoCracker
01-20-2008, 11:11 PM
Spider man is my favorite of those three characters, though for movies it is without a doubt Batman Begins. (Knows its not an option, but has deluded himself into thinking it is.)

But really of those three, Spiderman.

rikkugurl13
01-20-2008, 11:17 PM
SPIDERMAN FTW!!!!!

Ashley Schovitz
01-21-2008, 12:39 AM
. Batman is great, but hardly a super hero.

THE JACKAL
Batman is considered a super hero because he beats super villains and I genreally like Batmans's movies compared to the others.

Martyr
01-21-2008, 12:54 AM
The love story intertwined with Spiderman, as well as the fleshed out crisis within PeterParker's self added so many dimensions to the movie that comparing it to an uber alien hero who stops uber alien monsters or a rich man so obsessively afraid of bats that he tries to use all the tech he can design to make himself into one and fight other dark clothed baddies is preposterous.

Alas, batman is a wonderful character, but I honestly can't get into any of his movies. It isn't shallow. It's just... somehow it isn't enough for me. Two Face is the best thing Batman's got going for it.

Superman... lol

Heath
01-21-2008, 01:41 AM
I thought this was going to be a thread about the characters themselves in which case Batman would be the obvious answer. NeoCracker is spot on saying that Batman Begins is better than the three films in the poll though.

I, like a few others in this thread, would say it's really a toss up between Spiderman and Batman. The Spiderman films were decent enough, though not fantastic, but good enough for me to own two of them on DVD (the fact that they cost me £3 and £2 respectively is irrelevant). I'm not a huge fan of love stories being unnecessarily tacked into books or films or whatever, but I actually quite liked the love story of the Spiderman films.

On the other hand, Batman was a decent film too and as far as settings go, I preferred it to that of the other films. I prefer Batman as a character but I think, actually, I'm going to narrowly go for Spiderman. But only just. And I'll probably think otherwise tomorrow morning.

Mirage
01-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Spider Man is a really awesome film. *click*

ljkkjlcm9
01-21-2008, 11:45 AM

THE JACKAL
Batman is considered a super hero because he beats super villains and I genreally like Batmans's movies compared to the others.

except his villians aren't super either. The only one that you can consider super is Poison Ivy, all the others were just normal people with gadgets or something like Batman.

THE JACKEL

ff is da best
01-21-2008, 01:57 PM
out of all does movies id say spiderman.
i prefer the new batman but all other batmans were cool
Super man is alright but i liked him better in the justce league cartoons lol

The Fat Bioware Nerd
01-21-2008, 02:45 PM
though for movies it is without a doubt Batman Begins.

NeoCracker is spot on saying that Batman Begins is better than the three films in the poll though.

Well the reason why I chose these three movies is because they were the first film adaptations of those characters. As good Batman Begins was it wasn't the first Batman film was it? :P

Ashley Schovitz
01-21-2008, 05:57 PM

THE JACKAL

except his villians aren't super either. The only one that you can consider super is Poison Ivy, all the others were just normal people with gadgets or something like Batman.

THE JACKAL

What about Clayface, Manbat, Bane, Hugo Strange, Ra's al Ghoul and many others while he was a meber in the Justice League

Peegee
01-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Spiderman.

The original movies, and superhero movies in general, back then, were pretty lousy. They were basically campy to no end, because America as a general rule tend to view comics and cartoons as a primarily childish endeavor and thus all mainstream media tends to reflect this stereotype.

I really REALLY liked 'Batman: The Animated Series' in part due to my complain illustrated in the previous paragraph.

I don't remember much about Superman movies except that he flew 'backwards' and reversed time somehow, fought a hacker, and then fought Nuclear Man. Yes I only recall the sequels. No wonder I don't like Chris Reeves Superman.

ljkkjlcm9
01-21-2008, 08:12 PM

THE JACKAL

THE JACKAL

What about Clayface, Manbat, Bane, Hugo Strange, Ra's al Ghoul and many others while he was a meber in the Justice League

yeah exactly, Justice League. The other members of the crew were super, hence why there were super villians. Justice League does not equal any of the characters alone.

THE JACKEL