PDA

View Full Version : Single-character limberry steal

Prancing Mad
01-16-2008, 11:04 PM
I'm having difficulty ensuring absolute victory against elmdor and assassins at limberry as a solo character. Oh sure I can kill 'em all real quick, but I want all his fancy clothes! The problem is status ailments. I can guard against bloodsuck and stop by using 108 gems and judo outfit. But then, I have to kill both girls before they get too close. But I have to have the steal ability. Oh yeah, and then elmdor can still confuse me. Anyways, has anyone managed to steal all his junk in a solo challenge? How did you do this. I wanna see if there are ideas better than mine. That way I don't have to waste time chancing something that won't work as well.

BG-57
01-17-2008, 12:10 PM
Who's you solo character? If you use Agrias you can equip a Ribbon.

Gilthanes
01-18-2008, 01:08 PM
Off the top of my head, a decent way to secure victory would be to simulate the fight against Wiegraf (the cheap way). Go in with Ramza as a squire, sub Steal. Give him Auto Potion, Defense Up, and Move Hp up. Equip him with Excalibur, Escuchien 2, Judo Outfit to prevent Death, 108 Gems, and doesnt the Thief Hat prevent Stop? I know theres something you can equip in the head piece for a guy to prevent it.

Start the fight and just start Yelling. The first few turns really decide this fight. I think the idea would be to Yell and move away from the Assassins (nothing you can do about elmdor), until you easily have 3 turns between assassins, then move in, kill one, and move away again. Do that till Elmdors alone then pray you can steal quick enough before your pots run out. Note in this setup you CAN still be confused by Muramasa and charmed by the assassins, all you can do is hope they dont cause them enough to prevent you from regenerating health back from damage.

Thats the only way I can think of doing it.

Roogle
01-18-2008, 03:31 PM
Well, isn't there a way to use the topography of that map to avoid the Assassins' instant death attack? I remember that technique, Stop Bracelet, has a vertical tolerance of 0. If you didn't have to equip instant death protection, you could immunize yourself against some other status effects in its stead.

Gilthanes
01-18-2008, 04:49 PM
I'm not sure if theres a square on that map with no adjacent squares of the same height. I double checked and I was wrong, Black Costume prevents stop, not Thief Hat (prevents DA/DM). If there is a square on that map with no adjacent tiles of the same height, then by all means throw on Black Costume, get on that square, and Yell till the cows come home. Once you are comfortable with your speed you can kill off the assassins and the following demons before any of them get a turn again. At that point, assuming your potions hold out, and Elmdors Blade Grasp doesnt fire off too much (with a brave of 60+ you'll have less than 10% chance to steal until you remove his shield)

Good luck, I'd love to hear if you succeed, sounds like a real challenge

Edit: I just looked up a map of Limberry, and there is indeed 2 spaces (1 on each side of map) that is a slanted tile, meaning its a 0.5 raised area. Those are the only two spots on the map that would be 3.5 height (or whatever it is), and due to the immediate range of Stop Bracelet, they couldnt touch you with instant Death. Stand on those of those two spots using 108 Gems, Black Costume, Thief Hat, Escu II, and Excalibur and Yell. You should have no trouble. Actually what might be best is once you get to the safety zone, accumulate however many times it takes till you can 1-shot the assassins, then do so, then continue yelling once the cronies are all dead. That way you arent burning lots of x-pots before you are ready to start stealing

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2895/limberrycastlekeepek5.png (http://imageshack.us)

Siegfried
02-02-2008, 08:22 PM
lol if you have steal, just do steal Heart to the Assassins, that should be easy enough...

afro samurai
02-03-2008, 08:35 PM
give ramza the Excalibur (for its haste effect) Then give ramza teleport if he has it so you can attack then run 108 gems is good to have but you should also have stuff that stops the girls of my dreams that turn out to be demons :eek: