PDA

View Full Version : Mafia V: Official game thread (Day 7 - Game Over. Town Win!)

Pages : [1] 2 3

qwertysaur
01-17-2008, 08:36 PM
<center>http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/eoffmafia2.gif</center>

The heroes sat and rested. They had all undergone many trials and challenges in order to save their own respective worlds. They had saved princesses. Protected holy crystals. They'd even raced multicoloured birds for Gaia's sake! But now, cheesy money-spinning sequels aside, they were free. They could live in peace at last.

Or could they?

Fighting for the fate of the world had taken a heavy toll on the FF characters. Perhaps it was one random encounter too many. It could be because all the hi-potions that they'd heartily drank drew their curative properties from lead. Maybe they'd been exposed to more girly pretty boys with ridiculous hair than is healthy. Whatever the reason, something snapped inside some of the Final Fantasy characters. They turned their thoughts to their fellow townmates. They turned their thoughts to murder.

There would be no Phoenix Downs to save them this time...

YOUR MODERATOR

That would be[M] Bahamut! No, voting for him is not the hilarious prank you think it is, and he can't die anyway so there's no points. Psychotic and qwertyxsora are the ones who will be logging into this account. We'll help to tell the story, produce vote counts and move the game along.

All night actions will be PMed to [M] Bahamut.

DAY AND NIGHT

The game is divided up into a day phase and a night phase. Both the day phase and the night phase will last a maximum of 24 hours. We can and will change this if we feel the game is too fast or too slow. During the day phase, discussion takes place, as well as voting. The day ends with a town member being lynched, and then the night phase will begin. This thread will be closed at that point. Those who have night abilities will submit them, and once that is done (or once the deadline expires) a new day will begin.

VOTING

Every player must vote, and must do so on every day that they are alive. So if you're not going to be around for the deadline, it's best to get a vote in beforehand.

When voting, please do it in this format
##vote: name

You can also unvote for people. This takes the same form:
##unvote: name

When a majority vote is reached, the day will end and that person will be lynched. If there is no majority by the voting deadline, the person with the highest vote count will be lynched. In the event of a tie, there will be sudden death.

BASIC RULES

Borrowed from Miriel (hey we wrote the rest of this post ourselves, okay? :kiss:)
Unless specifically mentioned in your Assignment PMs, all Mafia related discussion must happen in the Official game thread. Please do not discuss the game using instant messengers, IRC, Private Messages, voice chats, phone calls, snail mail etc. etc. No, we can't enforce this because we can't spy on you, but we would appreciate it if you followed this simple rule.
Do not reveal your role privately to each other. You can of course roleclaim as part of your strategy in this thread. Just don't do it outside the game.
Play nice. Even if you are using second accounts, don't resort to flaming and whatnot. Kill each other without resorting to being mean.
Please make all posts in the Game thread under your specific Mafia accounts.
Play fair. Also known as the "don't be an ass" rule. Being an ass includes cheating, diverging completely from your assigned role, going back and deleting or editing all your posts, using asshole-ish methods [M] to find out information about other people's roles, etc.
Do NOT use your Mafia accounts to post in any non-Mafia related threads.
You CANNOT abstain from voting!
NEW RULE OH MAH GAWD! Don't post your Role PM in the thread as part of a roleclaim. Use your own words to prove your role, not ours.Regarding roles and accounts
All roles were randomly assigned to each Mafia account, and each Mafia account was randomly assigned to each player using Random.org. So please don't assume that roles were assigned based on a Final Fantasy character's personality.
Psy's note: It may seem like your role reflects your character because of the role PM, but that's just me trying to add some flavour to the game. They really were all assigned at random.
Also keep in mind that this is NOT a roleplaying game. You are not expected to act as though you are the person whose name you are occupying. And continually doing so throughout the game is discouraged. Cause, you know, that's just silly. The FF character names are merely vehicles that we're using to play the game.
Do not tell anyone the name of the account you are controlling. And don't use not-so-subtle hints, either, like arguing/agreeing with your real account, mentioning your real account's name and so on. Just use your brain.ROLES IN USE
Most can be found in this flash. (http://mikeburnfire.sitesled.com/mscumB.swf) We may have modified some roles to make them more interesting or balanced, but the basics are all there. It's nothing you can't handle.

There are NO vanilla townies in this game.

We would like to make it clear that we took the issues of balancing and what would make a fun, chaotic game into account when we chose the roles to be used in the game.

ACCOUNTS IN PLAY

[M] Aeris - Mason, Raebus and Shauna - WINNER
<s>[M] Auron</s> - Mafia Ninja, oddler, shot on night three
<s>[M] Barret</s> - Roleblocker, Maxx Power, shot on Night Three
<s>[M] Basch</s> - Faith Healer, Aerith's Knight, hit by meteor and shot on night 4
[M] Cid - Nexus, Dolentrean - WINNER
<s>[M] Cyan</s> - Mason, fire_of_avalon, Trampled by a Horde of Chocobos Night Two.
<s>[M] Edgar</s> - Mafia Cop, leader of mortals & Goldenboko - lynched Day 7.
<s>[M] Edge</s> - Vigilante, Shiny & Kentarou, Sledgehammered Night 5
<s>[M] Faris</s> - Survivor, Bahamut2000X, Toastered night 4
[M] Firion - Miller, Lekana - WINNER
[M] Fran - Mafia Goon - Miriel
<!-- google_ad_section_end --> [M] Freya - Wannabe Mafia Usurper, Jessweeee♪ & Death by Moogles, Lynched Day 4
[M] Ingus - Saulus, Goldenboko, Restaurant Booth'd Night One.
[M] Irvine - Lover (Killer), Denmark, decapitated Night Two.
[M] Lulu - Lover(Doctor), Demon Dude, Lynched Day Two.
[M] Mog - Watcher, Sheep, Lynched Day Three
[M] Quina - Mafia Godfather, Roto13, Lynched Day Six.
[M] Ramza - Jailkeeper, NeoCracker, pummeled to death Night 6.
[M] Rinoa - Gunsmith, Del Murder - WINNER
[M] Rydia - Hider, Shiny, lynched Day One.
[M] Terra - Tracker, Sir Lancealot, stabbed Night Two.
[M] Vivi - Jester, Sergreant Hartman, killed self Day Seven.

Let's play ball!

[M] Mom – Host
01-17-2008, 08:37 PM
Bahamut:

It is now Day One. There were no Night Zero actions, obviously.

With 22 alive, it takes 12 to lynch. The current deadline is 24 hours from this post.

The game begins now.

[M] Helo
01-17-2008, 08:37 PM
Lulu:

Lets get this thing started!

[M] Gaius
01-17-2008, 08:43 PM
Edgar:

cool

should I make my location alive or not

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
01-17-2008, 08:53 PM
Faris:

Me thinks it be a yes.

[M] Joe - Army Dad
01-17-2008, 09:05 PM
Ingus:

We have to get some votes in there so we can conversate, the mafia always wins if the town doesn't talk to each other.

So I'm gonna randomly vote for someone now to spark something that can hopefully lead to helpful conversation (note: to whom I'm voting for, I have nothing against you, this is to get the town to talk, and hopefully lure out mafia).

Vote: Fran

EDIT: FFIII FTW.

[M] Eizen
01-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Mog

Well, this should be exciting! Who should we lynch first, kupo?

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
01-17-2008, 09:12 PM
Cid

Ah, the game is underway, that puts wind in my sails! I am gonna hold off on random voting I think, at least until a few more people have posted.

[M] Mom – Host
01-17-2008, 09:13 PM
Bahamut:

Ingus:

Please remember the correct format for votes is

##Vote: (Name)

Thank you. :)

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
01-17-2008, 09:14 PM
Faris:

Oy Fran. We hardly knew ye. :cry:

[M] Gaius
01-17-2008, 09:15 PM
Edgar:

Ingus;2402488']We have to get some votes in there so we can conversate, the mafia always wins if the town doesn't talk to each other.

So I'm gonna randomly vote for someone now to spark something that can hopefully lead to helpful conversation (note: to whom I'm voting for, I have nothing against you, this is to get the town to talk, and hopefully lure out mafia).

hmmm... you sure were quick to make the first vote...

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
01-17-2008, 09:17 PM
Faris:

Ingus be a new comer to FF too...

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
01-17-2008, 09:20 PM
Fran:

##Vote: Ingus

For being in such a rush to kill someone, that he couldn't even be bothered to vote in the correct format. For shame, Ingus!

To be honest though, I'm lost on who to lynch the first day. It seems like such a stab in the dark. But we still have plenty of time, so hopefully during that time we'll have some people drop hints that they may be a bad guy (so I agree with you there Ingus!) and we won't have to lose a townie right away. Cause remember guys! All the townies have some sort of special role this time around, so every townie is potentially really valuable to the team. We want to be more careful about losing a townie than in previous games.

[M] Felix
01-17-2008, 09:21 PM
Quina:

She's not dead. She doesn't even really have a vote yet.

EDIT: I'm slow.

[M] Gaius
01-17-2008, 09:22 PM
Edgar:

Fran;2402506']##Vote: Ingus

For being in such a rush to kill someone, that he couldn't even be bothered to vote in the correct format. For shame, Ingus!

it would have been so funny if you voted in the wrong format too, which you did before you edited the bold part:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

[M] Apollo
01-17-2008, 09:26 PM
Ramza:

The Greatest part is there hasn't even been a crime yet, and already we wish to lynch someone. :P

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
01-17-2008, 09:30 PM
Faris:

Ramza;2402512']The Greatest part is there hasn't even been a crime yet, and already we wish to lynch someone. :P

Wait. We need a reason to lynch someone? :shifty:

[M] Joe - Army Dad
01-17-2008, 09:33 PM
Ingus:

To be honest though, I'm lost on who to lynch the first day. It seems like such a stab in the dark. But we still have plenty of time, so hopefully during that time we'll have some people drop hints that they may be a bad guy (so I agree with you there Ingus!) and we won't have to lose a townie right away. Cause remember guys! All the townies have some sort of special role this time around, so every townie is potentially really valuable to the team. We want to be more careful about losing a townie than in previous games.

I'm not in a rush to kill someone, but see how everyone talks the moment a vote is made?
Now that I've gotten us townies (and possible mafians) speakin' I'll retract my vote

## Unvote: Fran

Ramza;2402512']The Greatest part is there hasn't even been a crime yet, and already we wish to lynch someone. :P

On the first day, its kinda a shot in the dark.

[M] Mom – Host
01-17-2008, 09:34 PM
Bahamut:

Ramza;2402512']The Greatest part is there hasn't even been a crime yet, and already we wish to lynch someone. :P:mad2:

Just for you.

Sephiroth had always prided himself on his big sword. Sure, it was impractical, but damn it was badass. It had become like the brother he had never had. Well, unless you count all the countless JENOVA clones. Obviously, he was most aggrieved to find it missing when he came to give it its mid-afternoon polish.

"Hello?" he called out. "Which one of you no-good traitors took my sword?"
Silence.
"THIS ISN'T FUNNY, OKAY? IF HE DOESN'T GET POLISHED HE'LL GET CRANKY!"
A tear began to trickle down Sephiroth's cheek. What would Massy do without him? He'd be all alone, and frightened.

"Here I am, Sephy!" a voice from behind him yelled.
"Massy!" squealed Sephiroth, seeing something glinting behind him. "Wait...YOU! What are you doing with my massy?"
"Beating the final boss. HYAH!"

"...stupid n00b. Didn't you ever play FFVII? Only I (and apparently Tifa) may use my masamune!"
"Oh. :skull::skull::skull::skull:. You're right. In that case, enjoy." A group of mystical knights appeared. "Mimic time, baby."

Sixteen hours and a bajillion hitpoints later, Sephiroth was dead.

Who could've committed such a terrible crime? And would they go on killing? It's up to the town to find out!

Sephiroth, Vanilla Town, spent half of the night being killed by Knights of the Round and has only just died.

NOTE: This is just a flavour kill. Sephiroth isn't an actual player. :)

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
01-17-2008, 09:37 PM
Faris:

This'll be easy. It's common knowledge that people in the mafia speak only in Italian accents.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
01-17-2008, 09:39 PM
Terra:

Faris;2402523']This'll be easy. It's common knowledge that people in the mafia speak only in Italian accents.

What about the Russian Mafia.

[M] Joe - Army Dad
01-17-2008, 09:40 PM
Ingus:

OOC: Sephiroth didn't scream or anything? I mean come on! He shoulda got a witness, then this woulda been easy.

And this is to Fran. Where you going to vote for whoever voted first? I mean come on, some kick off this thing right?

EDIT: Votes so far.

Ingus- Vote Fran
Fran- Vote Ingus
Ingus- Unvote Fran

Tallys

Ingus- 1

[M] Apollo
01-17-2008, 09:43 PM
Ramza:

Faris;2402515']

.......... I love you.

Ingus;2402518']

I'm not in a rush to kill someone, but see how everyone talks the moment a vote is made?
Now that I've gotten us townies (and possible mafians) speakin' I'll retract my vote

Its more the fact that every other Mafia game started with a crime, since that showed something was actually going on. Until the next post from little Bahammy, nothing had actually happened to cause suspicion that someone actually wanted to kill us. :P

Bahamut;2402520']
Ramza;2402512']The Greatest part is there hasn't even been a crime yet, and already we wish to lynch someone. :P:mad2:

Just for you.

Sephiroth had always prided himself on his big sword. Sure, it was impractical, but damn it was badass. It had become like the brother he had never had. Well, unless you count all the countless JENOVA clones. Obviously, he was most aggrieved to find it missing when he came to give it its mid-afternoon polish.

Silence.
A tear began to trickle down Sephiroth's cheek. What would Massy do without him? He'd be all alone, and frightened.

"Massy!" squealed Sephiroth, seeing something glinting behind him. "Wait...YOU! What are you doing with my massy?"

"...stupid n00b. Didn't you ever play FFVII? Only I (and apparently Tifa) may use my masamune!"
"Oh. :skull::skull::skull::skull:. You're right. In that case, enjoy." A group of mystical knights appeared. "Mimic time, baby."

Who could've committed such a terrible crime? And would they go on killing? It's up to the town to find out!

Sephiroth, Vanilla Town, spent half of the night being killed by Knights of the Round and has only just died.

And thank you for appeasing my picky nature. :)

And now, I shall give you the thoughts of me, the Great Ramzini!

Ignus's last post just sounded a bit suspicious, "I voted to get you talking, so now I'll unvote" just sounds odd. So without further adiue,

##Vote: Ignus

Still subject to change.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
01-17-2008, 09:43 PM
Faris:

Terra;2402525']
Faris;2402523']This'll be easy. It's common knowledge that people in the mafia speak only in Italian accents.

What about the Russian Mafia.

Their just a fairy tale like the easter bunny, or party swapping.

Ramza;2402529']
.......... I love you.

I aim to please. :p

[M] Gaius
01-17-2008, 09:46 PM
Edgar:

know what, I really dont like ingus's vote either... but ill wait before I vote

[M] Joe - Army Dad
01-17-2008, 09:48 PM
Ingus:

Ramza;2402529']

Ingus;2402518']

Its more the fact that every other Mafia game started with a crime, since that showed something was actually going on. Until the next post from little Bahammy, nothing had actually happened to cause suspicion that someone actually wanted to kill us. :P

OOOOH Thats what you meant, I didn't even notice that, I normally skip the first post since its huge and giant.

What I was trying to say was, on the first day NO ONE wants to talk, because, if you notice the first to say something thread related gets suspicion instantly thrown on him (like me.). I'm a townie, I have no reason to fear a few votes, getting the town to start pointing fingers and circulating votes is more important to me, so I took the heat, and got this thing started! My vote meant nothing, I said right on it that I had nothing against the person, and planned on removing it the moment everyone started talking, which I did. If you think about it, why would the mafia want us to talk? The mafia wants us to shut up, so they can blend in with everyone else not speaking.

Ingus- Vote Fran
Fran- Vote Ingus
Ingus- Unvote Fran
Ramza- Vote Ingus

Tallys

Ingus- 2

I'm still gonna save my vote now that we are talking here.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
01-17-2008, 09:50 PM
Aeris:

Ingus has just opened himself to suspicion. Good job. :)Another first day. This sucks.

[M] Felix
01-17-2008, 09:53 PM
Quina:

The first day always sucks.

[M] Aaron
01-17-2008, 09:54 PM
Firion

Ingus;2402534']
What I was trying to say was, on the first day NO ONE wants to talk, because, if you notice the first to say something thread related gets suspicion instantly thrown on him (like me.). I'm a townie, I have no reason to fear a few votes, getting the town to start pointing fingers and circulating votes is more important to me, so I took the heat, and got this thing started! My vote meant nothing, I said right on it that I had nothing against the person, and planned on removing it the moment everyone started talking, which I did.

Already role claiming? Yes, I do keep in mind the fact that there are actual roles alas claiming you're good on the first day, nay the first page. Sorry Ingus, that looks suspicious. You seem to be trying to clear your name already. Are you hiding anything by chance?

[M] Felix
01-17-2008, 09:56 PM
Quina:

Claiming to be a good guy is suspicious? What about claiming to be a bad guy?

[M] Joe - Army Dad
01-17-2008, 09:56 PM
Ingus:

Firion;2402539']
Ingus;2402534']
What I was trying to say was, on the first day NO ONE wants to talk, because, if you notice the first to say something thread related gets suspicion instantly thrown on him (like me.). I'm a townie, I have no reason to fear a few votes, getting the town to start pointing fingers and circulating votes is more important to me, so I took the heat, and got this thing started! My vote meant nothing, I said right on it that I had nothing against the person, and planned on removing it the moment everyone started talking, which I did.

Already role claiming? Yes, I do keep in mind the fact that there are actual roles alas claiming you're good on the first day, nay the first page. Sorry Ingus, that looks suspicious. You seem to be trying to clear your name already. Are you hiding anything by chance?

Roleclaiming? Of I'm going to say I'm a townie! Even I was mafia I'm going to say I was a townie xDDDDDD
I don't like to be blunt, but, thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard xDDDDDD

[M] Aaron
01-17-2008, 10:00 PM
Firion

Ingus;2402543']
Firion;2402539']
Ingus;2402534']

Roleclaiming? Of I'm going to say I'm a townie! Even I was mafia I'm going to say I was a townie xDDDDDD
I don't like to be blunt, but, thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard xDDDDDD
Are you sure sparky? I mean yes, you had votes but seriously, You didn't have to bring the plea "I'm a good guy please don't kill me!" So why bring that up if you aren't "fearing votes". And seriously, it's not like i'm voting for you.

[M] Joe - Army Dad
01-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Ingus:

I didn't us a plea. Nor do I intend to. I was trying to explain my thought process, and the "I'm a townie" part seemed like a good thing to include to show how my though process started. That the Mafia thread is the most important ting to victory. Are you saying that sentence would've been completely acceptable had I not put in the I'm a townie?

Now, with that said, we've got some posts going on, and a lot of suspicion against me I can know at least one is more then likely to be a mafian bandwagoner hoping to get an easy first day kill by going with the first person to accumulate votes. I've got to go Edgar, his post seems the best set up for a mafian. Short, sweet, doesn't go against current thinking, but doesn't commit him to anything, so if they tide changes he can bandwagon without much suspicion because he would have "Unvoted" (which seems like an unacceptable thing in this game). Even its position seems text book mafia, not the first, or second person to speak up, as they can recieve heat for finger pointing, but not 5th, 6th/last and second to last, which will get a lot of heat for bandwagoning.

[M] Mom – Host
01-17-2008, 10:16 PM
Bahamut:

Just a note to you guys: We'll be making posts like this one periodically, so you don't need to worry about creating vote counts and the like. :)

Votecount:

Ingus(2): Fran, Ramza

Fran(0): Ingus

Not Voting: (remember that you have to vote)
Aeris, Auron, Barret, Basch, Cid, Cyan, Edgar, Edge, Faris, Firion, Freya, Ingus, Irvine, Lulu, Mog, Quina, Rinoa, Rydia, Terra, Vivi.

With 22 alive, it takes 12 to lynch.

The deadline is this Friday, 18th January, 8:45 PM GMT. That's about 22 and a half hours from now.

[M] Athena
01-17-2008, 10:18 PM
Vivi:

what up?

EDIT: I take it I'm not good enough for a big M.

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
01-17-2008, 10:23 PM
Cid

Ah, if we had the Boondock Saints on deck finding the Mafia would be as easy as making fun of FFX-2

[M] Colette
01-17-2008, 10:24 PM
Cyan:

I hate first days. It reminds me of the death of my beloved family.

[M] Gaius
01-17-2008, 10:25 PM
Edgar:

alright, I guess Ill just bandwagon and vote Ingus

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
01-17-2008, 10:30 PM
Aeris:

From the looks of things, I think Ingus isn't Mafia. Well, he sounds like he'd be of use to the town if kept alive, and I guess what he did had good enough reasoning behind it. Unless he's a smart Mafia person. :p

But, since I don't think he's Mafia, the people I'll be thinking about those that immediately voted him - although, Fran probably felt threatened; I'd probably have done the same if I were in that position. So, maybe a little suspicion falls on Ramza? And then Edgar, who is just bandwagoning for no real reason. Suspicious indeed.

[M] Athena
01-17-2008, 10:30 PM
Vivi:

Lets get this over with.

##Vote: Edge

[M] Gaius
01-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Edgar:

Im really bandwagoning because this is the first day and I have no idea what to do but vote for the best guess in my eyes

[M] Joe - Army Dad
01-17-2008, 10:33 PM
Ingus:

And just like I thought Edgar votes for me!

Well that throws enough confidence to me I'm going to put this vote out there to think about.

## Vote: Edgar

@Vivi, what the hell is up with that Edge vote? I don't think he's even posted yet!

[M] Apollo
01-17-2008, 10:34 PM
Ramza:

Cid;2402565']Ah, if we had the Boondock Saints on deck finding the Mafia would be as easy as making fun of FFX-2
Don't worry, I'll just change jobs, and we'll have the next best thing.

Job: Lawyer

Main Skill: Badgering
Support Skill: Legislating
Counter: Witty retort
Support: Resist Truth
Movement: Move +3

The move is for when I inevitably fail this case.

[M] Mom – Host
01-17-2008, 10:37 PM
Bahamut:

Votecount:

Ingus(3): Fran, Ramza, Edgar

Edge(1): Vivi

Edgar(1): Ingus

Not Voting:
Aeris, Auron, Barret, Basch, Cid, Cyan, Edge, Faris, Firion, Freya, Irvine, Lulu, Mog, Quina, Rinoa, Rydia, Terra.

The deadline is this Friday, 18th January, 8:45 PM GMT. That's about 22 hours from now.

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
01-17-2008, 10:38 PM
Cid

Aeris does make a good point, but Edgar also makes a good point that this is the first day and bandwagoning is a good way to stay safe.

But with that thinking, the Mafia could realize this and just start a seemingly random vote for people to bandwagon behind...

Also Vivi's little m draws attention to it... perhaps the Godfather trying to make themselves seem unimportant and forgotten? ;) Also it would be awesome to see Vivi sitting in the Godfather Chair?

[M] Gaius
01-17-2008, 10:41 PM
Edgar:

Cid;2402587']But with that thinking, the Mafia could realize this and just start a seemingly random vote for people to bandwagon behind...

easiest game ever!

6 people randomly voting for 1 person who is a citizen

Psychotic
01-17-2008, 10:41 PM
Cid;2402587']Also Vivi's little m draws attention to it... perhaps the Godfather trying to make themselves seem unimportant and forgotten? ;) That was an oversight on the part of the admin who renamed all of the accounts. It was an accident and it has absolutely no bearing on Vivi's role whatsoever. Sorry for the confusion, guys.

EDIT: ...I should probably have posted that as Bahamut! You see how easy it is to make a slip and post with the wrong account? :riiight:

[M] Joe - Army Dad
01-17-2008, 10:42 PM
Ingus:

Cid;2402587']Aeris does make a good point, but Edgar also makes a good point that this is the first day and bandwagoning is a good way to stay safe.

But with that thinking, the Mafia could realize this and just start a seemingly random vote for people to bandwagon behind...

Also Vivi's little m draws attention to it... perhaps the Godfather trying to make themselves seem unimportant and forgotten? ;) Also it would be awesome to see Vivi sitting in the Godfather Chair?

Why should any townie worry about staying safe? The town has the advantage of numbers, so should use teamwork to the best of their ability! And sticking their head out of the gutter is some of that! Now, sure they should stick up for themselves (obviously a townie shouldn't let a day be wasted) but never let survival get in the way of finding scum! In a townies death a million truths are revealed!

With that said, thats why I feel everything about Edgar's post and vote is textbook Mafia, and was almost very well done.

Note: Vivi's vote does draw some attention, I think the only way its suspicious enough for a vote against him though is if he does it in multiple rounds.

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
01-17-2008, 10:46 PM
Cid

Cid;2402587']Also Vivi's little m draws attention to it... perhaps the Godfather trying to make themselves seem unimportant and forgotten? ;) That was an oversight on the part of the admin who renamed all of the accounts. It was an accident and it has absolutely no bearing on Vivi's role whatsoever. Sorry for the confusion, guys.

EDIT: ...I should probably have posted that as Bahamut! You see how easy it is to make a slip and post with the wrong account? :riiight:

I know I was just joking around. :D

[M] Gaius
01-17-2008, 10:47 PM
Edgar:

Ingus;2402594']The town has the advantage of numbers, so should use teamwork to the best of their ability!

so are you saying we should bandwagon?

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
01-17-2008, 10:47 PM
But didn't all (or most) of the accounts have the [M] anyway?

[M] Felix
01-17-2008, 10:48 PM
Quina:

I almost want to just skip the first day.

[M] Athena
01-17-2008, 10:48 PM
Vivi:

Everyone has to vote for someone, I just took a stab in the dark. I really don't think it makes a big difference.

[M] Joe - Army Dad
01-17-2008, 10:50 PM
Ingus:

Edgar;2402597']
Ingus;2402594']The town has the advantage of numbers, so should use teamwork to the best of their ability!

so are you saying we should bandwagon?

No I implied the opposite. That a townie should never bandwagon, even in the first day. Teamwork refers to the fact that a Townie death is usable, it points out susipicous people. So I townie should never fear that him voting for who he thinks is right, or making a long post, should never be hindered by fear of lynch, because most likely a mafian will have been somewhere involved so his death will not be in vain.

@Vivi: Personally I'm against voting off inactivity thats all, it really is a either a bullseye or a shot in the foot because the town doesn't learn anything off an inactive kill if the person is a townie.

[M] Apollo
01-17-2008, 10:53 PM
Ramza:

Um, Ingus.

Edgar said he didnt' like your vote, but he was still holding off. Then you suddenly go off about why you think he is Mafia, and now him voting for you makes him suspicious?

Sounds to me like he's just trying to get rid of you for raising suspicion against him. Thats a move anyone would make, Mafia or not.

So sorry, he's not suspicious for doing that.

[M] Gaius
01-17-2008, 10:53 PM
Edgar:

Ingus;2402601']a Townie death is usable, it points out susipicous people.

then why are you protecting yourself so much instead of letting yourself die to get, as of now 3 suspects

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
01-17-2008, 10:54 PM
I don't think the inactivity argument should be used at this point, when several players haven't even been on to read this thread yet.

[M] Apollo
01-17-2008, 10:54 PM
Ramza:

Or when theres still 20 hours to go.

[M] Athena
01-17-2008, 10:55 PM
Vivi:

That's why I said I don't think it's going to make that much of a difference.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
01-17-2008, 10:56 PM
Faris:

Ingus seems to be going on strongly about teamwork and finding the mafia. But perhaps he's really working to mislead everyone to help the mafia. Seems awfully convenient to me....

[M] Joe - Army Dad
01-17-2008, 10:57 PM
Ingus:

Ramza;2402604']Um, Ingus.

Edgar said he didnt' like your vote, but he was still holding off. Then you suddenly go off about why you think he is Mafia, and now him voting for you makes him suspicious?

Sounds to me like he's just trying to get rid of you for raising suspicion against him. Thats a move anyone would make, Mafia or not.

So sorry, he's not suspicious for doing that.

Point taken. My main suspicion actually isn't regarding his vote against me, its his first (On the mafia game topic) post. (Its timing, vagueness, and placement)

Edgar;2402606']

then why are you protecting yourself so much instead of letting yourself die to get, as of now 3 suspects

I said in an earlier post, A townie should not be afraid of being lynched, but defend oneself to at least try and have the round be a productive mafia kill...

exact quote:

And sticking their head out of the gutter is some of that! Now, sure they should stick up for themselves (obviously a townie shouldn't let a day be wasted) but never let survival get in the way of finding scum! In a townies death a million truths are revealed!

If I die here, at least I shine light on others, but I'm going to try and make sure we get a mafia kill.

[M] Gaius
01-17-2008, 11:00 PM
Edgar:

Edgar;2402466']cool

yay for my first post!!!

[M] Joe - Army Dad
01-17-2008, 11:01 PM
Ingus:

Edgar;2402616']
Edgar;2402466']cool

yay for my first post!!!

I didn't see that post, I meant second then xD

*Editted*

[M] Gaius
01-17-2008, 11:02 PM
Edgar:

Edgar;2402500']
Ingus;2402488']We have to get some votes in there so we can conversate, the mafia always wins if the town doesn't talk to each other.

hmmm... you sure were quick to make the first vote...

yay for my second post!!!

[M] Joe - Army Dad
01-17-2008, 11:06 PM
Ingus:

Hm. I missed that post. So what I thought was your first ontopic post, wasn't. So that makes me a little bit less suspicious on you.

I thought your first on topic post was the one after Ramza's post. That would be a suspicious spot to make an accusation, but you did acknowledge suspicion before that.

That changes things, not enough to change my vote, considering you are still the most suspicious person thus far, but enough that my vote isn't set in stone.

[M] Gaius
01-17-2008, 11:10 PM
Edgar:

so, ingus, what you just did was keep on saying numbers until it was a post that seemed good enough to use, right.

[M] Joe - Army Dad
01-17-2008, 11:13 PM
Ingus:

No, because I specifically mentioned your post where you said you wanted to save your vote here:

Ingus;2402556']
Now, with that said, we've got some posts going on, and a lot of suspicion against me I can know at least one is more then likely to be a mafian bandwagoner hoping to get an easy first day kill by going with the first person to accumulate votes. I've got to go Edgar, his post seems the best set up for a mafian. Short, sweet, doesn't go against current thinking, but doesn't commit him to anything, so if they tide changes he can bandwagon without much suspicion because he would have "Unvoted" (which seems like an unacceptable thing in this game). Even its position seems text book mafia, not the first, or second person to speak up, as they can recieve heat for finger pointing, but not 5th, 6th/last and second to last, which will get a lot of heat for bandwagoning.

I said "post" as in that was the only post I thought you made thus far. I was just proved wrong.

[M] Felix
01-17-2008, 11:15 PM
Quina:

I don't think Ingus is really paying attention. =P

[M] Joe - Army Dad
01-17-2008, 11:17 PM
Ingus:

Quina;2402646']I don't think Ingus is really paying attention. =P

I have a problem where I only pay attention to certain things, I have trouble not skimming through things so I miss things.

Oh and I also have a posting problem: That is I post too much xD

[M] Gaius
01-17-2008, 11:32 PM
Edgar:

Edgar;2402606']

this is my only post that is after ramza

I'll count which post this is

aha! my 9th post that you said was the first... sounds like guessing numbers

[M] Joe - Army Dad
01-17-2008, 11:34 PM
Ingus:

Edgar;2402533']know what, I really dont like ingus's vote either... but ill wait before I vote

GOErly?

EDIT: And I don't know how not realizing a few posts is susipicous seeing as 2 of them where even offtopic. I skim during the beginning because of the amount of stupid posts.

[M] Gaius
01-17-2008, 11:37 PM
Edgar:

Ingus;2402626']I thought your first on topic post was the one after Ramza's post.
hmm:D
Aha I see now... you must have "skimmed" over the post in the middle

[M] Joe - Army Dad
01-17-2008, 11:40 PM
Ingus:

Ramza;2402529']
Faris;2402515']

.......... I love you.

Ingus;2402518']

Bahamut;2402520']

Just for you.

Silence.

And thank you for appeasing my picky nature. :)

And now, I shall give you the thoughts of me, the Great Ramzini!

Ignus's last post just sounded a bit suspicious, "I voted to get you talking, so now I'll unvote" just sounds odd. So without further adiue,

##Vote: Ignus

Still subject to change.

Edgar;2402533']know what, I really dont like ingus's vote either... but ill wait before I vote

It is after Ramza's

[M] Gaius
01-17-2008, 11:44 PM
Edgar:

oh and thats still my 4th post... so even if you are town,which I doubt, skimming over 3 of my posts doesnt really seem to be a good townie

[M] Joe - Army Dad
01-17-2008, 11:50 PM
Ingus:

Edgar;2402466']cool

Edgar;2402508']

it would have been so funny if you voted in the wrong format too, which you did before you edited the bold part:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

I don't see how skipping these makes me a bad townie. Your other was inbetween those, so I musta just thought you where still offtopic and skipped it.

I still don't see the argument against me. Someone explain, because from what I see people don't buy that I made that first vote to get discussion going, which seems weird because I said right in the post it means nothing, and was random, and then unvoted it, the moment it sparked conversation. Other then that I don't even understand what the hell some of you are saying, it seems like some people are doing ANYTHING within their power to make me look more guilty (especially you Edgar), which is a trait only mafia should have.

[M] Gaius
01-17-2008, 11:57 PM
Edgar:

Ingus;2402703']it seems like some people are doing ANYTHING within their power to make me look more guilty (especially you Edgar), which is a trait only mafia should have.

or a townie trying to get people to side with me against a smart mafia!

[M] Joe - Army Dad
01-18-2008, 12:00 AM
Ingus:

Edgar;2402708']
Ingus;2402703']it seems like some people are doing ANYTHING within their power to make me look more guilty (especially you Edgar), which is a trait only mafia should have.

or a townie trying to get people to side with me against a smart mafia!
Your saying a good citizen should use fake evidence (like the fact I missed a few posts), to try and get whoever they want killed?!?

HELL NO! Only Mafia should want that kind of sway. That idea is just more suspicious.

[M] Apollo
01-18-2008, 12:01 AM
Ramza:

1) The reason people jumped on you Ingus, including myself, is because voting simply to spark conversation, and then immidiatly retracting the vote after someone says it's suspicious is a bit odd, and the only thing off done so far.

2) You are no longer the only suspicious one. Edgar here is badgering you over stupid, irrelivent things, and trying to use that to make us think you are mafia.

I would switch my vote to Ed, but that tactic is so silly that I can't seem to think the Mafia would pull something so stupid.

So regardless of your status if you are lynched, Ed here is quite suspicious now.

[M] Joe - Army Dad
01-18-2008, 12:05 AM
Ingus:

Ramza;2402714']1) The reason people jumped on you Ingus, including myself, is because voting simply to spark conversation, and then immidiatly retracting the vote after someone says it's suspicious is a bit odd, and the only thing off done so far.

2) You are no longer the only suspicious one. Edgar here is badgering you over stupid, irrelivent things, and trying to use that to make us think you are mafia.

I would switch my vote to Ed, but that tactic is so silly that I can't seem to think the Mafia would pull something so stupid.

So regardless of your status if you are lynched, Ed here is quite suspicious now.

Where I do hope I'm not lynched at least I did expose Ed. As for the mafia not using that, I can disagree. Jojee, and Demon Dude where both killed (as citizens), for being a bit crazy, I think that its possible the current mafia could be trying to use a little crazy as cover because many of us will fear a repeat of last game.

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
01-18-2008, 12:06 AM
Cid

this is amusing

Its a hard call, but I think...

##Vote:Edgar

[M] Felix
01-18-2008, 12:08 AM
Quina:

Let's all vote for whoever's screaming is the most coherant.

[M] Gaius
01-18-2008, 12:09 AM
Edgar:

Ingus;2402713']fake evidence (like the fact I missed a few posts)

how is that fake evidence again

okay, how about this. If you can give me one good reason that you are town, I will revoke my vote.

[M] Apollo
01-18-2008, 12:12 AM
Ramza:

Edgar;2402726']

okay, how about this. If you can give me one good reason that you are town, I will revoke my vote.

First off, thank you Edgar for pointing out the difference between fake evidence and :skull::skull::skull::skull:ty evidence.

Second, how can anyone at this time give a good reason they are townie?
Not many people are able to say that so early, so thats a rather stupid request.

I mean, can you give us a good reason you are a townie?

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
01-18-2008, 12:12 AM
Basch:

finally got my account working. what a hassle. would you look at that, seiphiroth is dead, he was prob overcompensating anyway.

so.. what the tally? whos the main suspect?

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
01-18-2008, 12:16 AM
It seems to be between Ingus and Edgar right now.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
Barret:

Since this is the first day it's almost impossible to decide who should be lynched. However, I will vote Ingus simply because they seem to be trying a little bit too hard almost from the off. I can understand if they're town and want to win, but really I can't ignore such zealous analysis and speed in order to lynch.

[M] Gaius
Edgar:

Ramza;2402728']
Edgar;2402726']

First off, thank you Edgar for pointing out the difference between fake evidence and :skull::skull::skull::skull:ty evidence.

Not many people are able to say that so early, so thats a rather stupid request.

Touché

[M] Mom – Host
01-18-2008, 12:18 AM
Bahamut:

Basch;2402729']so.. what the tally? Here ya go! And if anyone else wants a tally at any point in the game, just ask. :)

Votecount:

Ingus(4): Fran, Ramza, Edgar, Barret

Edgar(2): Ingus, Cid

Not Voting:
Aeris, Auron, Basch, Cyan, Edge, Faris, Firion, Freya, Irvine, Lulu, Mog, Quina, Rinoa, Rydia, Terra.

The deadline is this Friday, 18th January, 8:45 PM GMT. That's about 20 and a half hours from now.

[M] Apollo
01-18-2008, 12:20 AM
Ramza:

You know, I was expecting something more then that for a reply.

And after watching this amazing battle of wits take place, I find myself completely dumbfounded.

Neither one of you two has presented a very good case against the other, both of which have pretty crappy arguments.

And yet here we are, that being the center of attention.

I feel like we are about to have a repeat of lynching people for being wrong, where all the odd posters are getting lynched.

That almost makes me want to retract my vote entirely and just join in the Edge Bandwagon, or at least start one.

[M] Gaius
01-18-2008, 12:26 AM
Edgar:

Ramza;2402738']I feel like we are about to have a repeat of lynching people for being wrong, where all the odd posters are getting lynched.

hmm... this really made me think

[M] Apollo
01-18-2008, 12:28 AM
Ramza:

Given how you actually paid attention to my post, its a good thing I didn't say what was really on my mind. :P

[M] Joe - Army Dad
01-18-2008, 12:29 AM
Ingus:

Edgar;2402743']
Ramza;2402738']I feel like we are about to have a repeat of lynching people for being wrong, where all the odd posters are getting lynched.

hmm... this really made me think
Agreed, I'd retract my vote, but I'm not in a position to do so.

EDIT: I'd like to hear whats on your mind xD Curiousity kills the cat plz?

[M] D'Anna
01-18-2008, 12:30 AM
Rydia:

Blah blah blah

[M] Apollo
01-18-2008, 12:31 AM
Ramza:

Voting for people because they are being stupid. Like BoB and Koshiatar last game. And probably another one I don't recall.

And remember the unvote Format to retract your vote, as I will do myself.

##Unvote: Ingus

[M] Gaius
01-18-2008, 12:35 AM
Edgar:

Ok here is what I think of you Ingus......

Ingus seems to be either a mafia who is taking 1 too many risks, or a townie who doesnt have the most important role in the game and has something to risk. After really thinking about it instead of automatically posting in order to protect myself, I would have to say he seems a bit more like a townie(knowing who he is is helping too, you wrong account poster:p). I think I am going to have to retract my vote right now.

[M] Joe - Army Dad
01-18-2008, 12:39 AM
Ingus:

Now we're all thinking...

## Unvote: Edgar

Ironically now I don't know who to vote for any ideas?

[M] Mom – Host
01-18-2008, 12:41 AM
Bahamut:

Votecount:

Ingus(2): Fran, Ramza, Edgar, Barret

Edgar(1): Ingus, Cid

Not Voting (Unvoting is all very well and good, guys, but remember that you must vote for someone before the deadline!):
Aeris, Auron, Barret, Basch, Cyan, Edgar, Edge, Faris, Firion, Freya, Ingus, Irvine, Lulu, Mog, Quina, Ramza, Rinoa, Rydia, Terra.

The deadline is this Friday, 18th January, 8:45 PM GMT. That's about 20 hours from now.

[M] Felix
01-18-2008, 12:42 AM
Quina:

Let's vote for [randomname] for that suspicious post.

[M] Gaius
01-18-2008, 12:44 AM
Edgar:

Quina;2402761']Let's vote for [randomname] for that suspicious post.

I AGREE 100%!!!!

ok seriously though... we dont really have any lead to go off of.

[M] Joe - Army Dad
01-18-2008, 12:45 AM
Quina;2402761']Let's vote for [randomname] for that suspicious post.

As much as I appreciate good sarcasm, that really doesn't help.

Believe it or not, I think I might have to say, betraying my old policy of not voting off inactivity may be a good idea, I feel too stupid trying to vote for someone now that I see what its like to be a target of a random vote.

At least if the person we voted off wasn't here then the person wouldn't have to have a helpless feeling.

[M] Apollo
01-18-2008, 12:49 AM
Ramza:

And, in a surprise turn of events,

##Vote: Barret

He jumped on the Ingus Vote after the Band waggoning attention had been thrown on Edgar. Seems like a great time to sneak in an bandwagon vote without drawing to much suspicion. Namely when all attention is on another.

I know its not much to go on, but it's all I got.

[M] Gaius
01-18-2008, 12:51 AM
Edgar:

Ramza;2402766']And, in a surprise turn of events,

He jumped on the Ingus Vote after the Band waggoning attention had been thrown on Edgar. Seems like a great time to sneak in an bandwagon vote without drawing to much suspicion. Namely when all attention is on another.

That is probably the best we have to go on

[M] Joe - Army Dad
01-18-2008, 12:52 AM
Ramza;2402766']And, in a surprise turn of events,

Or we could do something like that. xD

I don't know if I want to vote against Barret, even if he voted against me, maybe if I see a few more posts by him then I'll consider it.

[M] Colette
01-18-2008, 12:59 AM
Cyan:

Ingus;2402601']
@Vivi: Personally I'm against voting off inactivity thats all, it really is a either a bullseye or a shot in the foot because the town doesn't learn anything off an inactive kill if the person is a townie.
I really, really hate voting off of inactivity alone, and I really hate lynching on the first day. It doesn't make any sense in real life and we don't really learn anything with a shot in the dark. If we kill a mafia, the other mafia probably aren't going to say anything. Unless there are like, two mafia.

We need clues! There are no clues here!

I guess I'll end up bandwagoning for the day. Someone pick someone to pick on.

EDIT: Ignore that last bit, I didn't see this page when I made that post lol.

[M] Aaron
01-18-2008, 01:05 AM
Firion

Edgar;2402734']
Ramza;2402728']
Edgar;2402726']

Touché
So um.... anyone notice I pointed out a very VERY similar thing earlier? Yet I got my head bit off. :mad:

I find it funny that you two were at each others throats but now you're allying.

Also if you go by your combine logic now, shouldn't you take a look at cid as well?

Barret;2402733']Since this is the first day it's almost impossible to decide who should be lynched. However, I will vote Ingus simply because they seem to be trying a little bit too hard almost from the off. I can understand if they're town and want to win, but really I can't ignore such zealous analysis and speed in order to lynch.

Barrett gives a bit of reason while...

Cid;2402718']this is amusing

Cid doesn't. And as you've both said, evidence is better than none.

EDIT: I'm not saying you should go for someone else, just saying that's another suspect!

[M] Joe - Army Dad
01-18-2008, 01:09 AM
Firion makes a good point about Cid. That post was pure bandwagon.

[M] Gaius
01-18-2008, 01:09 AM
Edgar:

Firion;2402785']

Cid;2402718']this is amusing

Cid doesn't. And as you've both said, evidence is better than none.

EDIT: I'm not saying you should go for someone else, just saying that's another suspect!

oh wow... he is like 20 times worse than barret... hmmm...

##Unvote: Barret
##Vote: Cid

[M] Joe - Army Dad
01-18-2008, 01:10 AM
Woah, I really need a Vote counter right about now.

[M] Gaius
01-18-2008, 01:12 AM
Edgar:

same as the last with one vote for cid and one for barret

[M] Apollo
01-18-2008, 01:12 AM
Ramza:

1) If you want to start drawing connections like that, that puts 3 people linked together already. Me, Ingus, and Edgar. Why on earth would 3 mafia members rally together right off the back?

2) I do agree Cid is also suspicious for the same thing, though Barrets "Evidence" isn't really good at all. Of course he's going to defend himself as much as he can, he was getting voted for.

3) None of my suspicions of either Edgar or Ingus are gone, I just felt like we'd be voting for the wrong reasons again.

4) No reason to put so much hate on a person I'm allied with so earlier and chance getting them lynched. So I don't think theres much of a Link between me and either of those two as of now.

[M] Mom – Host
01-18-2008, 01:13 AM
Bahamut:

Ingus, you got it.

Votecount:

Barret(1): Ramza, Edgar

Cid(1): Edgar

Not Voting:

Aeris, Auron, Basch, Cyan, Edge, Faris, Firion, Freya, Ingus, Irvine, Lulu, Mog, Quina, Rinoa, Rydia, Terra.

The deadline is this Friday, 18th January, 8:45 PM GMT. That's about 19 and a half hours from now.

[M] D'Anna
01-18-2008, 01:17 AM
Rydia:

It takes two, baby.

[M] Gaius
01-18-2008, 01:18 AM
Edgar:

Rydia;2402803']It takes two, baby.

I dont get it

[M] D'Anna
01-18-2008, 01:20 AM
Rydia:

I don't get this game.

[M] Apollo
01-18-2008, 01:25 AM
Ramza:

Also, the reason I think it should be Barret over Cid, (Had to read back through their posts and when the voted to determine which one got my vote after Firion brought it up) but Cid voted for Ed when he only had one vote.

Barrets, however, helped bridge the Gab between Ed and Ingus. Basically, if Barret is Mafia, that leads me to believe Ingus in innocent, and makes it seem like he is protecting Ed.

If Barret is not Mafia, well then we learn nothing.

If Cid is Mafia, then we learn the polar opposite. However with only one vote on Ed, and 4 on Ingus, it seems like that is just a safer vote, and the evidence isn't quite as solid. (Mind you, right now it's pretty loose anyway.)

It just seems like if Barret is Mafia, then what we learn could be a bit more concrete.

(Though as of now, Cid is my number 2 suspect, Ingus and Ed at 3.)

[M] Joe - Army Dad
01-18-2008, 01:38 AM
Ingus:

Right now Barret is my only real suspect. Cid's seems like a "safe vote" for a mafia person to make, but I can't say him voting against Ed at the time was that bad, I think the only thing going against him is he forgot to include a reason which is almost better then Barret's situation. Barret's reason doesn't feel like its what he really believes, and his reason does add up my official vote was casted (I said in the beginning that my first vote was to just stem conversation) after 2 others.

[M] Gaius
01-18-2008, 01:45 AM
Edgar:

im really between barret and cid, and I say that having no evidence is worse than having :skull::skull::skull::skull: evidence.

[M] Joe - Army Dad
01-18-2008, 01:51 AM
Ingus:

I can't agree with that.

I'd much rather see nothing with a post then something made up. Look at Barret's he said I was trying to "speed lynch" despite the fact that almost all the suspicion was against me during the beginning. Speed lynching requires you to make a lynch vote for little/crap reason, and have others go along, and fight and make things up to get someone to go along.

I never did that. I didn't even stay with a vote out at first. Barret's reason is just plain false, Cid at least has a chance to explain what he's thinking.

## Vote Barret

[M] Dave – Stepdad
01-18-2008, 02:05 AM
Barret:

Ingus;2402828']I can't agree with that.

I'd much rather see nothing with a post then something made up. Look at Barret's he said I was trying to "speed lynch" despite the fact that almost all the suspicion was against me during the beginning. Speed lynching requires you to make a lynch vote for little/crap reason, and have others go along, and fight and make things up to get someone to go along.

I never did that. I didn't even stay with a vote out at first. Barret's reason is just plain false, Cid at least has a chance to explain what he's thinking.

## Vote Barret

Either you're just in a foul mood because I voted for you, or you're purposefully trying to take the heat off of you by giving some convoluted reason why I should be suspected. My post count totals two, including this one. I made myself 100% clear on this, since I thought you were putting in too much effort which stinks of Mafia moves so early in the game to me.

My vote stands.

[M] Joe - Army Dad
01-18-2008, 02:19 AM
Ingus:

Trying hard the first round is something mafia never do. Mafia wants to stay low the first round, not speak up immediately. In most rounds of mafia the people who speak up 1st round usually get killed and are innocent. Last round we finally appeared to figure that out, but I guess some of us still think that if your trying in the beginning then your trying to sway everyone's vote :rolleyes2

[M] Felix
Quina:

I'm half inclined to agree.

[M] Caprica
Rinoa

4 pages already? God dammit people.

So far all I have read of this thread is the kick ass logo, but I will catch up.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
01-18-2008, 02:21 AM
Faris:

Looking at some of the early ones I think Vivi is fairly suspicious. It could be he's mafia and just pretended to be speeding up the lynching process. He's one of the more suspicious ones to me as of the moment.

[M] Felix
01-18-2008, 02:35 AM
Quina:

Someone do something.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
01-18-2008, 02:40 AM
You could do something, Quina. Why are you so eager for action and not supplying any yourself? Seems suspicious.

##Vote: Quina

[M] Felix
01-18-2008, 02:46 AM
Quina:

*headdesk*

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
01-18-2008, 02:50 AM
Action is action. Don't take it personally!

[M] Caprica
01-18-2008, 03:00 AM
Rinoa

Ramza;2402793']1) If you want to start drawing connections like that, that puts 3 people linked together already. Me, Ingus, and Edgar. Why on earth would 3 mafia members rally together right off the back?

Why indeed? It would be a really dumb move for the mafia to make, so dumb we would never suspect them of doing it. Which makes it brilliant.

Mind you, I don't think you're a part of it just yet, Ramza.

Theory: Edgar and Ingus are BOTH mafia. They planned their little argument from the beginning. Notice how they eventually took their votes off each other and moved right for Barret? It all seemed very theatrical. After all that, why would we still suspect them? It would be foolish to think mafia would come out so early. Nice try! And even if we did kill off one, this little argument could 'prove' their innocence for a long while, making the other very safe.

It would be a risky move, with a potential great reward. Mafia needs to take risks if they want to win, as the odds are very much against them.

What do you all think?

[M] Aaron
01-18-2008, 03:01 AM
Firion

Quina and irvine are a little suspicious to me too. both of them have been around nearly all day and the have said little to help the lynching process. Maybe the thought of waiting to vote is what is going through their heads.

A few of Quina's posts:

Let's all vote for whoever's screaming is the most coherant.
Let's vote for [randomname] for that suspicious post.Encouraging action but not really doing much to get anything going. They are around but seem to just be trying to lay low while still having attention drawn away from them by being slightly active.

and then Irvine:

I don't think the inactivity argument should be used at this point, when several players haven't even been on to read this thread yet.
It seems to be between Ingus and Edgar right now.Obviously making observations but not till recently with the Quina vote has there been much action on Irvines part. While they do say themselves that inactivity shouldn't be a reason, there is a difference between inactivity of not posting and inactivity of not discussing.

Both seem to be trying to get attention a bit away from them. Maybe their roles are something that needs to be hidden? Who knows.

Mind you this IS the first day and what I'm seeing isn't any fact. Just some observations I've been making. Use them how you wish.

[M] D'Anna
01-18-2008, 03:04 AM
Rydia:

Ingus;2402842']Trying hard the first round is something mafia never do. Mafia wants to stay low the first round, not speak up immediately. In most rounds of mafia the people who speak up 1st round usually get killed and are innocent. Last round we finally appeared to figure that out, but I guess some of us still think that if your trying in the beginning then your trying to sway everyone's vote :rolleyes2
So far your case isn't very convincing Mr. Ingus. :monster:

[M] Felix
01-18-2008, 03:07 AM
Quina:

I'm not doing anything because there's nothing really to do. It's day 1. We know nothing. I don't see anything useful or well thought out happening between now and the end of the day, but we have to do something or nothing will ever progress.

I just want to hurry up and pick someone to kill, that's all. Then we can move to the more interesting part of the game. That part being anything that isn't day 1. xP

[M] Joe - Army Dad
01-18-2008, 03:09 AM
Ingus:

Rydia;2402872']
Ingus;2402842']Trying hard the first round is something mafia never do. Mafia wants to stay low the first round, not speak up immediately. In most rounds of mafia the people who speak up 1st round usually get killed and are innocent. Last round we finally appeared to figure that out, but I guess some of us still think that if your trying in the beginning then your trying to sway everyone's vote :rolleyes2
You can tell me all you want, I don't see how me coming out early, and trying to create conversation makes me mafia. That just seems bogus, that your better off sitting and twitling your thumbs then actually trying to post and make people come out and play. I can say at the very least I'm happy with the work I've done, I've given people plenty to discuss in later rounds.

Rinoa;2402865']
Ramza;2402793']1) If you want to start drawing connections like that, that puts 3 people linked together already. Me, Ingus, and Edgar. Why on earth would 3 mafia members rally together right off the back?

Why indeed? It would be a really dumb move for the mafia to make, so dumb we would never suspect them of doing it. Which makes it brilliant.

Theory: Edgar and Ingus are BOTH mafia. They planned their little argument from the beginning. Notice how they eventually took their votes off each other and moved right for Barret? It all seemed very theatrical. After all that, why would we still suspect them? It would be foolish to think mafia would come out so early. Nice try! And even if we did kill off one, this little argument could 'prove' their innocence for a long while, making the other very safe.

It would be a risky move, with a potential great reward. Mafia needs to take risks if they want to win, as the odds are very much against them.

What do you all think?

You realize even now we don't agree, Edgar is voting for Cid, where I vote for Barret. Other then that I technically cannot disprove you as that is the nature of this game.

Quina is looking more like a survivor then anything else, I think that Quina's trying to play in a way that the mafia would consider him a waste of a kill and the town would consider him a waste of a lynch.

[M] Felix
01-18-2008, 03:14 AM
Quina:

It takes a truly smart man to realize just how little he knows.

I'll have more to say when we have more to go on and we're not just taking a shot in the dark.

[M] D'Anna
01-18-2008, 03:18 AM
Rydia:

Ingus;2402875']
You can tell me all you want, I don't see how me coming out early, and trying to create conversation makes me mafia. That just seems bogus, that your better off sitting and twitling your thumbs then actually trying to post and make people come out and play. I can say at the very least I'm happy with the work I've done, I've given people plenty to discuss in later rounds.
Blah blah blah My question for you is, how exactly do you know what the mafia's strategy for this game is? How do you know they're being quiet?

[M] Caprica
01-18-2008, 03:19 AM
Rinoa

Can we get a list of who hasn't checked into the thread yet? I don't feel like making it.

[M] Joe - Army Dad
01-18-2008, 03:23 AM
Ingus:

Rydia;2402879']
Ingus;2402875']
Blah blah blah My question for you is, how exactly do you know what the mafia's strategy for this game is? How do you know they're being quiet?
I don't. I never said I did! I know what the previous mafia strategies have been so I can use that to make some assumptions. If you look at the past game, BtV and Hsu where relatively quiet the first round, they survived so I assumed that the mafia this round would also try and take that strategy. Sure I'm sure one or two would be loudmouths but for the most part, judging of past Mafia games, the Mafia doesn't take its head out of the gutter early.

[M] Caprica
01-18-2008, 03:28 AM
Rinoa

I am of somewhat agreement and I say that at least one of the people who haven't posted yet is mafia.

[M] Mom – Host
01-18-2008, 03:28 AM
Bahamut:

Rinoa;2402880']Can we get a list of who hasn't checked into the thread yet? I don't feel like making it.I could be wrong but I think it's just Auron, Edge and Freya. Guys, if you read this, post something! Thanks in advance. :greenie:

[M] Joe - Army Dad
01-18-2008, 03:31 AM
Ingus:

How much time left? I'm going to bed soon (probably xD) and I want to make sure that I don't miss the end of this after midterms.

[M] D'Anna
01-18-2008, 03:33 AM
Rydia:

Ingus;2402885']
I know what the previous mafia strategies have been so I can use that to make some assumptions.
Not so much because then you'd know that the mafia in some of the previous games have been pretty boisterous.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
01-18-2008, 03:33 AM
Faris:

Rinoa;2402865']

What do you all think?

Awww I was saving that theory to play out later.

But yeah that was one deduction I got from the banter early. It's easily solved though, we lynch one of them and if their mafia then go us. If we lynch who they try to veer suspicion too then not a whole lot can be said. If we lynched a mafia because of who they say is suspicious it could just be a ploy to make us trust in them. If it's a townie then they could just be stabbing in the dark as well, or be mafia trying to kill us off.

Looking at everything I say the best option is to lynch Ingus, Edgar, or one other low profile suspicious person.

[M] Mom – Host
01-18-2008, 03:34 AM
Bahamut:

I'll give you a full votecount because the time is included in that.

Votecount:

Barret(2): Ramza, Edgar, Ingus

Quina(1): Irvine

Not Voting:
Aeris, Auron, Basch, Cyan, Edge, Faris, Firion, Freya, Lulu, Mog, Quina, Rinoa, Rydia, Terra.

The deadline is this Friday, 18th January, 8:45 PM GMT. That's about 17 hours from now.

But yeah guys regarding activity, We're not expecting you to go all crazy and make dozens of posts or anything like that (it's awesome if you do though), but one post a day is a bare minimum. The more people talk, the more fun the game will be. :monster:

[M] Joe - Army Dad
01-18-2008, 03:40 AM
Ingus:

Rydia;2402898']
Ingus;2402885']
I know what the previous mafia strategies have been so I can use that to make some assumptions.
Not so much because then you'd know that the mafia in some of the previous games have been pretty boisterous.
Not really. The Mafia did a good job last game, they almost won, the mafia before that was cut short, I never really visited the mafia before that.

I'm wondering why your say I know what the mafia's thinking? This entire game is assumptions, why am I not allowed to make mine?

I'd also like to make a small note about your big old theory. Consider me and Ed's situation. If we both continued one of us was gonna get lynched. Ramza pointed out both of our arguments sucked, we realized he was right, so both of our immediate reaction was we should abandon a pointless argument, or at least that was my reaction, and it definitely appears it was Ed's as well.

[M] Caprica
01-18-2008, 03:50 AM
Rinoa

Faris;2402899']
Awww I was saving that theory to play out later.

But yeah that was one deduction I got from the banter early. It's easily solved though, we lynch one of them and if their mafia then go us. If we lynch who they try to veer suspicion too then not a whole lot can be said. If we lynched a mafia because of who they say is suspicious it could just be a ploy to make us trust in them. If it's a townie then they could just be stabbing in the dark as well, or be mafia trying to kill us off.

Looking at everything I say the best option is to lynch Ingus, Edgar, or one other low profile suspicious person.
I agree. We simply can't ignore that whole banter that went on earlier in the day. That has been the most suspicious thing that has happened so far.

Ingus slides by for me this round because he's been pretty active, and if he is mafia he'll eventually dig his own grave.

<b>##Vote: Edgar</b>

[M] D'Anna
01-18-2008, 04:27 AM
Rydia:

##Vote: Ingus because

He was the first to vote, voted quickly, and did it without a good reason. The town clearly blabs on enough without his help.
He's claims to know the mafia strategy down pat even though he denies it.
Other people are suspicious of him already and all of them can't be mafia I hope.
He's too defensive instead of the offensive. He needs to try to pin point out mafia and weed them out, yet he's too busy getting riled up over simple questions and statements.
He's just god damn annoying.

Bottom line is if he's mafia, hooray. If he isn't, then atleast we didn't lose much.

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
01-18-2008, 05:07 AM
Cid

Well votes are pretty even, I cant say anything against suspicion against me. I was just looking at the two people arguing and looked at who I though was more suspicious, they could both easily be townies with all the evidence I had, but other than my first suspicions I don't really have anything else to go off.

[M] Felix
01-18-2008, 05:16 AM
Quina:

I need sleep and I have stuff to do tomorrow so I don't know if I'll be back by the end of Day 1. I'm voting for the person with the most votes as of right now.

[M] Eizen
01-18-2008, 05:16 AM
Mog

Wow, we sure have some active players this time. That makes it fun, but also a pain when I leave for short amounts of time. In any case, I really haven't come to a conclusion from everyone's bickering, and first day lynching's are silly anyway. But, since I know I've seen this happen once before...

##Vote: Aeris

[M] Aaron
01-18-2008, 05:45 AM
Firion

I agree with Riona. I can't ignore that bickering. While Ingus brought forth more evidence, even if he had to repost many posts twice, :D he did seem to put more effort. Edgar seemed to just say a few things to back himself. Again first day, I'm not certain of anything really at this point in time but it's one of my only suspicions that is still present. Plus he was more than happy to jump on cid when I mentioned something.

##Vote: Edgar

[M] Mom – Host
01-18-2008, 05:46 AM
Bahamut:

Votecount:

Ingus(4): Fran, Ramza, Edgar, Barret, Rydia, Quina

Edgar(3): Ingus, Cid, Rinoa, Firion

Aeris(1): Mog

Not Voting:
Aeris, Auron, Basch, Cyan, Edge, Faris, Freya, Lulu, Terra.

The deadline is this Friday, 18th January, 8:45 PM GMT. That's about 15 hours from now.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
01-18-2008, 05:59 AM
Terra:

I don't know who to vote for.

[M] Apollo
01-18-2008, 06:06 AM
Ramza:

Well Ingus, I knew thee well.

Wait, not my accent. Ah well, it's likely you are to be lynched at this point. Good luck saving yourself.

[M] Dee
01-18-2008, 06:14 AM
Auron:

Okay, seriously busy day today. I've gone through and read over everything so far.

I'm going to vote for Vivi. The first person to make a move was Ingus. First voter is always going to get some flak for going first. What struck me as odd was how Vivi did the same thing later. He voted for Edge just to "get this over with". It looked like a vote to get some things started but everything was already under way by then. Just a little weird to me.

Obviously, the big thing so far was the dispute between Ingus and Edgar and the way it sort of died down unnaturally. I'm sure that's going to come up in the next couple days if not later this day.

I want to bring something up, too. I think we need to make sure everyone's votes are made. I know Psychotic and qwertyxsora said that everyone has to vote but that doesn't mean that the day's not going to end when someone gets the amount of votes needed to lynch tacked to them. Having a person lynched before everybody gets some idea as to what everyone else is thinking could make it hard to determine who's what in the later days. Dogpiling on people in the past has made it harder to draw a line between those who voted for the unlucky person to get lynched.

Like I said, I'm voting for Vivi. I'm going to bed and I'm most likely going to be super busy tomorrow. I figured I'd lump all my crap together in case I don't get to check this again.

##Vote: Vivi

[M] Caprica
01-18-2008, 06:15 AM
Rinoa

I have a bad feeling about Ingus. He's sticking out like a sore thumb. If he survives this round it is likely every night role in the stinkin town will investigate him. I'm assuming since everyone has a role then that will be a lot of investigations. So if he's scum he will be gone quickly. And I don't think he's a Godfather because it would be STUPID for the Godfather to be this loud on day 1.

If he's mafia he's playing the Levian/Psychotic method. And Levian and Psychotic will never win Mafia if they are mafia, because they talk so damn much.

So that's why I don't want to vote for him. Because if he is mafia then he has already lost.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
01-18-2008, 06:32 AM
Terra:

Auron;2402995']Okay, seriously busy day today. I've gone through and read over everything so far.

I'm going to vote for Vivi. The first person to make a move was Ingus. First voter is always going to get some flak for going first. What struck me as odd was how Vivi did the same thing later. He voted for Edge just to "get this over with". It looked like a vote to get some things started but everything was already under way by then. Just a little weird to me.

Good, logical reasoning. Originally I was going to vote Vivi purely because s/he voted for Edge. Now I've got a better reason to. Of course, s/he could just be doing this as it's the first day.

(I'm not bandwaggoning, s/he just seems a bit dodgy)

[M] Apollo
01-18-2008, 06:41 AM
Ramza:

I would like to take this time to announce that I will, for the remainder of this game, (Or until otherwise noted) I shall be referring to myself as "The Ramza".

That is all.

[M] Caprica
01-18-2008, 06:44 AM
Rinoa

<b>##Unvote: Edgar

##Vote: The Ramza</b>

[M] Apollo
01-18-2008, 06:44 AM
Ramza:

The Ramza does not approve.

(And how did the Ramza know that was going to happen?)

[M] Caprica
01-18-2008, 06:47 AM
Rinoa

:D

<b>##Unvote: The Ramza

##Vote: Edgar</b>

[M] Mom – Host
01-18-2008, 06:50 AM
Bahamut:

Votecount:

Ingus(4): Fran, Ramza, Edgar, Barret, Rydia, Quina

Edgar(3): Ingus, Cid, Rinoa, Firion, Rinoa

Vivi(2): Auron, Terra

Ramza(0): Rinoa

Not Voting:
Aeris, Basch, Cyan, Edge, Faris, Freya, Lulu.

The deadline is this Friday, 18th January, 8:45 PM GMT. That's about 19 and a half hours from now.

Rinoa;2402996']If he's mafia he's playing the Levian/Psychotic method. And Levian and Psychotic will never win Mafia if they are mafia, because they talk so damn much.Can't help it. :D

PREVIEW EDIT: You had to do that as I was posting a votecount, didn't you?

[M] Apollo
01-18-2008, 06:52 AM
Ramza:

The Ramza couldn't help himself. The Ramza apologizes for causing this inconvenience.

[M] Caprica
01-18-2008, 06:53 AM
Rinoa

The, uh, Rinoa also apologizes.

[M] Apollo
01-18-2008, 07:02 AM
Ramza:

Ah man, people are already copying The Ramza's thing. And The Ramza hasn't even had time to break it in. :(

[M] Caprica
01-18-2008, 07:03 AM
Rinoa

I won't copy any more.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
01-18-2008, 07:08 AM
Faris:

Well I'll be sleeping soon so dunno if I'll be on before voting is done.

##Vote: Irvine

Just something bugs me about how he immediately voted for Quina claiming he was suspicious. It was too sudden for my tastes. So my vote is going towards him.

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
01-18-2008, 07:27 AM
Cid

Cid be sleeping soon, so Cids vote stays.

(Cid be telling you that in the spirit of the Ramza I will be talking like Cid from Children of Men)

[M] Apollo
01-18-2008, 07:34 AM
Ramza:

Oh gods what has The Ramza unleashed?

[M] Joe - Army Dad
01-18-2008, 11:42 AM
Ingus:

Well obviously I'm not going to just sit down and LET myself die

## Unvote: Barret
## Vote: Edgar

Although the argument against me is still flawed. I voted first, the opposite of what the mafia's done in past games, I've stuck my head out of the gutter and been active, again opposite of what Mafia's done in past games, you guys are voting me for the same kind of reason Looney BoB was killed first last round, and he was a townie! And for the last time I don't know what the mafia's doing, I've been posting what I think they're probably doing.

[M] Gaius
01-18-2008, 12:23 PM
Edgar:

aww

vote count please

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
01-18-2008, 02:05 PM
Basch:

Dear lord how much do you people talk? .. well i was kinda busy.. so i wont judge..

hmm from what ive seen by glancing at the (freaking) 6 pages, the characters ingus and vivi are questionable for unreasoned voting?

hmm.. I dunno.. but i dont have a lot of time today, and i need to make a decision..

decisions, decisions..

Edgar seems suspisious too.. why must there be so many? *shakes hand at the sky*

ok I suppose ill go with this one for the time being

[M] Adama
01-18-2008, 02:51 PM
Freya:

I think I will trust Ingus and Edgar for this round. If either of them are mafia, it will become clear to us sometime in the game.

Vivi;2402576']Lets get this over with.

##Vote: Edge

I really, really, do not like this post.

[M] Colette
01-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Cyan:

So here are some things I'm thinking.

Ignus very well COULD be playing a "do unlike mafia" mafia strategy. Attempting to demonstrate how unlike mafia his/her posts have been to "prove" that s/he isn't mafia when s/he really is. However, the one thing that leads me to seriously doubt that strategy is Ignus' lack of divisive argument. Ignus isn't trying to split the obvious allies apart, s/he isn't jumping at everything said against him/her and s/he definitely isn't going through arguments piece by piece. A person who goes through another person's argument piece by piece to prove/disprove something clearly has something big to lose through playing this game. The fact that Ignus didn't do that makes me believe s/he really is just trying to flush out a mafia.

It's always difficult to flush out a mafia in the first round, because they haven't done anything or opened up any clues yet. Everyone has a different opinion and a different strategy for the first day. Most people just wait around to see who the loud ones are voting for. Even so, we should still attempt to analyze everyone's posts closely.

So let's do that now, starting with the most popular vote.

IGNUS

Jumpstarted the game, which usually gets some flack. Not quite this much though. It especially seems odd that so many people who haven't said much period have suddenly jumped on him within such a short amount of time. Leaping on the wounded gazelle, maybe? Taking the easy kill for day 1? Perhaps. Ignus really hasn't done a great job at defending him/herself but that's primarily because there IS no defense this early in the game. S/He can't point out good points s/he's made because there's no evidence period. Which is why I still say we shouldn't ever lynch on day 1 unless we're given some evidence! Coupled with my previous statements about Ignus, I agree that s/he is putting him/herself in a suspicious light, but I think s/he isn't what we're looking for.

VIVI

I think Vivi is just employing the easiest strategy at this time. Vote for someone. That isn't suspicious, it's just what you have to do. What IS suspicious are those that are voting for Vivi and talking about how suspicious he is. What? How can you be suspicious if you haven't really done anything? Lots of people in the past have voted randomly on day 1. Hell, most people vote randomly on day 1 and a lot of people in this thread voted randomly before Ignus, Edgar and others started talking way a lot. So why is Vivi suspicious? I say s/he isn't. I say the people voting are looking for a scapegoat. This also applies to votes for Irvine and Aeris. Aeris hasn't even done anything! What's so suspicious about them? Nothing. This my suspicions for Freya, Faris, Auron and Terra.

But my number one suspect right now is Rydia.

RYDIA

Rydia;2402948']##Vote: Ingus because

He was the first to vote, voted quickly, and did it without a good reason. The town clearly blabs on enough without his help.
He's claims to know the mafia strategy down pat even though he denies it.
Other people are suspicious of him already and all of them can't be mafia I hope.
He's too defensive instead of the offensive. He needs to try to pin point out mafia and weed them out, yet he's too busy getting riled up over simple questions and statements.
He's just god damn annoying.Bottom line is if he's mafia, hooray. If he isn't, then atleast we didn't lose much.
1 - In every mafia game I've ever played, there has always been 1 person to get everyone talking. We don't ever just start finding suspicious people by ourselves, someone has to put themselves out there and make a bold, unsubstantiated statement. The fact that Ignus immediately retracted his vote doesn't seem to matter much to Rydia. Shouldn't that figure into Rydia's thought process? Because it apparently doesn't.

2 - Ignus does NOT claim to know the current mafia strategy. It seems like Rydia is attempting to mislead people, because that statement simply isn't true. Ignus is trying to base his/her thought process on what past mafias did. That's pretty plain. Rydia is trying to tell all of you that Ignus claims to KNOW, when the only thing Ignus ever did was try to deduce present mafia strategy from the commonalities of past mafias.

3 - 5 aren't very good reasons or points, but 3 is indisputable and 4 & 5 are matters of opinion.

However, the smoking gun for Rydia, in my opinion is the following:

Rydia;2402948']Bottom line is if he's mafia, hooray. If he isn't, then atleast we didn't lose much.

Didn't lose much? How can Rydia possible know that? This could be our cop. Ignus could be any number of good things. We don't know Ignus' role. Besides that, even if we were all vanilla, losing 1 townie is a blow to all townies. It brings us 1 step closer to losing. And besides that, losing Ignus would take away 1 townie who is actually talking and reasoning their way through things. We might have a WHOLE lot to lose if Ignus dies. But Rydia doesn't think so. Rydia apparently thinks we don't lose much. Rydia might think that because Rydia won't lose much. Because maybe Rydia is mafia. I'm not claiming s/he is. I'm just saying Rydia is probably the most suspicious person in my mind. Thus:

##Vote: Rydia

And no hard feelings anyone, k?

[M] Joe - Army Dad
01-18-2008, 04:18 PM
Ingus:

Cyan makes the best argument thus far. Seeing as I'm past thinking Edgar is involved, I'm going to agree with Cyan.

I'd rather die voting for who's right then voting to save myself.

##Unvote: Edgar

Just to add my two cents, after I read Cyan's I have to say, I realized why Rydia is trying to frame me with "Knowing what the mafia is thinking", because if I do die, people will be afraid to say 'The mafia is probably doing _________' later on, because they'll go "I can't say that, thats how Ingus got killed". This would be a huge advantage for the mafia, as communication is the only real power the town has.

[M] Mom – Host
01-18-2008, 04:19 PM
Bahamut:

Votecount:

Ingus(5): Fran, <S>Ramza</S>, <S>Edgar</S>, Barret, Rydia, Quina, Basch

Edgar(3): <S>Ingus</S>, Cid, <S>Rinoa</S>, Firion, Rinoa, <STRIKE>Ingus</STRIKE>

Vivi(3): Auron, Terra, Freya

Rydia(2): Cyan, Ingus

Barret(1): Ramza, <S>Edgar</S>, <STRIKE>Ingus</STRIKE>

Irvine(1): Faris

Ramza(0): <S>Rinoa</S>

Fran(0): <S>Ingus</S>

Not Voting:
Aeris, Edge, Lulu.

The deadline is this Friday, 18th January, 8:45 PM GMT. That's about 4 and a half hours from now.

[M] Caprica
01-18-2008, 04:52 PM
Rinoa

If Ingus was mafia, he would have kept his vote for Edgar, who has the second most votes. Though in the past mafia have stupidly not employed this simple strategy.

I still think we're killing him off too early. There's no way he can last days and days at this pace.

But this is still day 1, so you can do whatever you all want. We still don't even know how many scum groups there are.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
01-18-2008, 04:55 PM
Faris:

Looking back on Cyan's arguments I think he presents a decent case for Rydia's suspicious activity. I had thought she was being a little suspicious, but I couldn't quite figure out if she could be up to something. Cyan made a good point and as of now I'm thinking she's the most suspicious of us all yet.

##UNVOTE: Irvine
##VOTE: Rydia

[M] Helo
01-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Lulu:

Wow your all so fast I'm jealous like gravy.

##:Rydia

For reasons stated by everyone else.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
01-18-2008, 06:11 PM
Aeris:

I really hate the idea that it'll look like I'm jumping on the Rydia bandwagon, but really, Cyan's post is one of the only ones thus far that has given any kind of solid backing for their accusations. So, sorry if you are innocent Rydia... but, from the thing you said, you seem most suspicious.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
01-18-2008, 06:13 PM
Cyan brings up a number of good points, and my Quina vote earlier was more to assuage his/her desire for action than anything truly malicious. No hard feelings, Quina. And please, my fellows, do not consider this to be bandwagoning, as I started formulating this vote only after reading Cyan's post, having not yet read any of the votes following it.

##Unvote: Quina

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
01-18-2008, 06:14 PM
Fran:

Cyan, you make some good points, but I can't believe no one has mentioned the reasons which make Rydia suspicious to me.

Here we go, 3 posts of nonsense which contribute nothing to the thread and implies that Rydia does not know wtf she's doing.

Rydia;2402749']Blah blah blah

Rydia;2402803']It takes two, baby.

Rydia;2402805']I don't get this game.
Followed by three posts which very clearly indicates that Rydia DOES know how to play the game:

Rydia;2402872']

Rydia;2402879']

Rydia;2402898']

So what was up with the first three posts? I'm pretty sure that Rydia was taking on a persona like edcxzxxzvvbxcnvbx to try and deflect suspicion cause no mafia would play so kooky. So Rydia definitely has some explaining to do. She could either be A) Mafia trying to act like a jestor or something of the sort or B) A townie who is playing to save their own skin. I think the first option is more likely.

BUT!!!

There are a few points where I agree with Rydia. The fact that Ingus is willing to die is very odd to me. Psycho said that there are no vanilla townies, and so almost everyone has a special role that could greatly benefit the town. Now, I know that there are gonna be roles that are almost nearly the same as vanilla townie (or else the town would be too overpowered) or a role that doesn't benefit town at all. But chances are, most people, regardless of their role, do not want to die from the game so early on. This leads me to believe that if Ingus IS town, he is not a powerful pro-townie role. If he is, he's screwing the town over by playing too aggressively. Again, as with Rydia, I believe Ingus is taking on a role. The role being, "super helpful townie" when in fact, he is Mafia.

My scum radar is ringing off the hook for Ingus. Everything about his posting style screams out Mafia to me. That could just be cause I'm super paranoid, and at this point, pretty much every single one of you is suspicious in my eyes. But as suspicious as Rydia may seem, I can't help but follow my gut.

And my gut is telling me that Ingus is Mafia, and not only that, but probably some sort of power role Mafia (otherwise he would not have been so forward in his approach). I am soooo sorry if I'm wrong, but the gut! I can't ignore the gut. I will chastise my gut if it ends up being wrong. :(

[M] Joe - Army Dad
01-18-2008, 06:26 PM
Ingus:

Fran, I can see your logic, but if I was a powerful mafia role, why would I switch my vote from Edgar to Rydia when at the time, that what line me up to possibly getting killed?

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
01-18-2008, 06:29 PM
Fran:

Because the mafia have played that way before. For whatever reason, in the past the Mafia have chosen to switch votes which may put them in the line of fire.

Also, one of the Mafia's strategy could be to sacrifice one of their own early on to clear the others right from the get-go.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
01-18-2008, 06:59 PM
Basch:

edit: god i hope nobody saw that.. or they might lynch me out of principal. :)

might as well go with the flow.. bla bla bla doesnt sound like he/she is very much in the game anyway..

[M] Gaius
01-18-2008, 07:02 PM
Edgar:

Very good catch cyan. I didnt really pay too much attention to that post. hmm...

##Unvote: Cid

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
01-18-2008, 07:08 PM
Fran:

Vote count please?

[M] Mom – Host
01-18-2008, 07:10 PM
Bahamut:

Was just making one!

Votecount:

Rydia(8): Cyan, Ingus, Faris, Lulu, Aeris, Irvine, Basch, Edgar

Ingus(4): Fran, Ramza, Edgar, Barret, Rydia, Quina, Basch

Edgar(3): Ingus, Cid, Rinoa, Firion, Rinoa, Ingus

Barret(1): Ramza, Edgar, Ingus

Quina(0): Irvine

Cid(0): Edgar

Irvine(0): Faris

Not Voting:
Edge.

The deadline is this Friday, 18th January, 8:45 PM GMT. That's about one and a half hours from now.

Currently Rydia's neck is in the noose with 8 votes.

EDIT: Oops, missed Irvine's unvote and vote.

[M] Helo
01-18-2008, 07:11 PM
Lulu:

Remember to be wary of jesters...

[M] Gaius
01-18-2008, 07:13 PM
Edgar:

they said there would be no jesters this game... or was that last game?

[M] Helo
01-18-2008, 07:14 PM
Lulu:

I think that was the last game.

[M] Gaius
01-18-2008, 07:19 PM
Edgar:

uh oh... but I think we can assume there are none this game

[M] Helo
01-18-2008, 07:29 PM
Lulu:

You can never be so sure Mafia is famous for its shocking twists.

[M] D'Anna
01-18-2008, 07:31 PM
Rydia:

I'm going to laugh at all of you so hard once it reveals that I'm pro-town.

Hopefully you people will stop yabbing on about nothing and start lynching Ingus and his disciples after that happens. :monster:

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
01-18-2008, 07:32 PM
Fran:

Lulu is right. I am 100% positive that there are roles in play that aren't what they seem. That's why I'm sooo suspicious about every single player in this game. Trust no one! (and that includes the game moderators!) :p

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
01-18-2008, 07:43 PM
Cid

Well alot of good points have been made about Rydia, It is tempting to change my vote, but at the same time my suspicion from earlier towards Edgar is not absolved...

Ingus has been seem very non mafia, I don't find it suspicious that he jumped to action early, he was relatively suspicious during the conflict earlier, but he hasn't made many attempts to save his neck... but at the same time that could be a very good way to take attention off of himself by not voting for his main competition at the time. Though I doubt this as of now considering he voted for Rydia before he was out of the woods.

[M] Helo
01-18-2008, 07:44 PM
Lulu:

I think Ingus was just over keen to vote which is a fault a lot of new players do.

[M] Mom – Host
01-18-2008, 07:45 PM
Bahamut:

We will be nice to you and reveal one role at the beggining of each day.

[M] D'Anna
01-18-2008, 07:46 PM
Rydia:

I'm cool with being the sacrifice for the citizens and all because then we can weed at all the mafia baddies, but I'm not even going to get use my secret power once. Ingus is very suspicious though. I don't know why some of you can't see that.

Edgar is also very suspicious. Straighten up and fly right people.

[M] Helo
01-18-2008, 07:56 PM
Lulu:

If you tell us your secret power and give us proof then maybe we'll reconsider.

[M] D'Anna
01-18-2008, 07:59 PM
Rydia:

I can't give proof because I'm not allowed to post the moderator's PM to me. So I'm pretty much screwed eh? Ingus.

I will say that I am pro-town and have a bit of invincibility so I'll probably be able to survive the night if I'm not lynched today. But nothing is set in stone.

[M] Helo
01-18-2008, 08:04 PM
Lulu:

Well if you manage to survive then we can turn our suspicions on to Ingus and Edgar. Though Edgar seems innocent to me.

[M] D'Anna
01-18-2008, 08:08 PM
Rydia:

I can't survive if you people lynch me today. Lynching seems to be the only effective way to kill me unless a gun holding person (other then mafia) gets me at night but I'm not sure about that. I haven't consulted with the moderators about that.

Really, people should have stuck with their suspicions from the get go. I'm sticking with mine.

[M] Helo
01-18-2008, 08:13 PM
Lulu:

I'm afraid it's probably too late to be saved from lynchment now. But I will unvote you as Ingus is verrrry dodgy.

##Unvote:Rydia.
##Vote:Ingus.

[M] Joe - Army Dad
01-18-2008, 08:26 PM
Ingus:

Why would her surviving the night clear her? You realize Mafia cannot target themselves therefore they normally survive through the night?(unless there are two mafia a serial killer or something like that).

I'm not going to believe any role claims right now, especially because a roleclaim would be so perfect after last game (two truthful roleclaims, I believe the mafia would want to try and take advantage of that).

Rydia, what you've said has been counterproductive so far for your cause, and for the town's you realize that. If we always stuck to our gut feelings we'd never get anywhere. The only reason the town won last game was because the town listened to cl_out, and then communicated during the end to be able to predict what the mafia was going to do.

You've yet to even address that Cyan's post exists, and that seems like avoidance of the truth.

Lulu, tell me why am I dodgy? Because of Rydia's completely crazy reasons? Did you even think of what she said? Her number 5 was "He's annoying", and her number 2 was "I say I know what the mafia's doing" which I've never even done.

[M] Mom – Host
01-18-2008, 08:46 PM
Bahamut:

FINAL Votecount:

Rydia(7): Cyan, Ingus, Faris, Lulu, Aeris, Irvine, Basch, Edgar

Ingus(5): Fran, Ramza, Edgar, Barret, Rydia, Quina, Basch, Lulu

Edgar(3): Ingus, Cid, Rinoa, Firion, Rinoa, Ingus

Barret(1): Ramza, Edgar, Ingus

Quina(0): Irvine

Cid(0): Edgar

Irvine(0): Faris

Not Voting:
Edge. :twak: (someone's hankering to be replaced!)

Rydia was such a timid little thing. Chaos was ensuing in EoFF town. Fingers were being pointed left, right and centre. Being just a poor orphan, she didn't know who to trust and what to do. So instinct took over.

She hid.

She crawled behind a barrel, curled up into a ball and hoped it would all go away.

Cyan came stomping around. He had just lost his family and was in a fit of rage. When suddenly, he heard a little girl crying, and he spied Rydia.
"YOU! YOU COWARDLY KNAVE! WE ARE RISKING OUR LIVES TO FREE THE TOWN AND YOU ARE JUST HIDING?!"

The other townsfolk agreed. Only one of the mafia would be laying low and hiding from them. Sobbing, to the gallows the frightened Rydia was led.

Rydia was a Hider, played by Shiny. Thanks for playing. :}

IT IS NOW NIGHT ONE. ALL THOSE WITH NIGHT ACTIONS PLEASE SUBMIT THEM IN THE RELEVANT FASHION. THANK YOU.

Remember, the sooner you submit your choices, the sooner the game can continue!

[M] Mom – Host
01-19-2008, 05:13 PM
Bahamut:

Rydia's last words were aimed at Ingus. "Ingus is a filthy scum! Kill him and his followers!" she screamed. Well, it seems somebody took Rydia's advice.

Ingus had just sharpened his fangs and was about to go out on the town for a nice, juicy steak. He wasn't really into the murdering business. Not yet, anyway. He just wanted some good ol' fashioned Iron Juice, as he and his fellow vampires called it.

Ingus happily sat in his booth at the Fat Chocobo Restaurant, when a shadowy figure marched in, put a gun to the back of his head, fired, dropped the gun, and quickly left again. It seems the gun was covered with a special tape so that no fingerprints could be found on it!
Unfortunately, that did not save Ingus.

Ingus, Saulus, was killed on Night One. Ingus was played, as I'm sure you all know because he WON'T STOP POSTING AS HIS REAL ACCOUNT JESUS CHRIST MAN :irked:, by Goldenboko.

And now the town faced a worrying dilemma. If Sauluses are killed, surely they join the mafia? But then that must mean that there is somebody besides the mafia with the ability to kill. But then...why didn't the mafia themselves kill anyone?

Questions, questions...

We've got some announcements to make in a minute, guys, so yeah, hold onto your hats!

[M] Mom – Host
01-19-2008, 05:52 PM
Bahamut:

As the town was in shock, a note was found stating that one of the following three roles was in play.

Cult Leader
Insane Cop
Jester

Day 2 has begun. With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch. Deadline is set for 6PM GMT on Sunday, 20th January. 24 hours. Go.

[M] Caprica
01-19-2008, 05:58 PM
Rinoa

Here's some info on Saulus: Saulus is pro-town unless he is targeted by mafia during the night. If he is targeted to be killed by mafia, he doesn't die, but instead becomes a mafia. This would result in the moderator telling us that no kill was made during the night. So that means someone else killed him during the night. The question is what?

This also means the mafia's kill was blocked, or they targeted another Saulus. Or some other crazy :skull::skull::skull::skull: that Psychotic put in this game.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
01-19-2008, 06:08 PM
Fran:

I think it's safe to assume that either the Serial Killer or Vigilante got Ingus. But I'm confused as to why. If there is a serial killer, why would they want to kill someone that could take attention away from them? If there is a Vigilante, why would they want to kill someone who would likely be on the chopping block the next day, anyway? Unless we're dealing with a overeager vigilante (which imho, isn't too great for town).

Questions questions questions... I'm too puzzled by the night's events to even start thinking about what it all means in terms of who to lynch today.

[M] Caprica
01-19-2008, 06:13 PM
Rinoa

Well if Vigilante really thought someone was mafia, he's not going to waste time going through the lynching process again, when that person somehow escaped the first day.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
01-19-2008, 06:16 PM
Fran:

Yeah, that's true. But if it's a standard vigilante, they probably only get one or two opportunities to take someone out. I would think that they would want to save those "hits" further along in the game. Unless they're the overeager variety and they get to kill every night.

My thinking is that if you only have one shot as a vigilante, you wouldn't want to use it on someone who is probably gonna get lynched soon anyways.

But if it was the Vig, I say good job, cause Ingus could have been a real threat to us if he had been targeted by Mafia. Think about it, the cop could have investigated him, come up clean, and then the Mafia could have recruited him (unknowingly on their part) and we could have been screwed over.

Psycho and Qwerty, you tricky bastards!

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
01-19-2008, 06:38 PM
I'd say, the way Ingus was acting, his time was short anyway. Imagine if he got targeted by Mafia and the Vigilante or Serial Killer targeted Edgar, who if you'll remember was having a negative back-and-forth with Ingus. We find Edgar's body in the morning, suspect Ingus of persuading the Mafia to kill Edgar, and end up lynching him the following day.

This turn of events, however, produces a similar outcome (with Edgar still being alive of course) and reveals to us the fact that there are other roles with nightkilling power. This here makes the game far more interesting and dangerous for all of us.

That being said, since Ingus was probably going to get lynched sometime in the near future, it probably wasn't the best use of a nightkill. Then again, it also prevents the Mafia from growing in size by recruiting Saulus, so it really has positive and negative impacts for both sides. I'm as confused as Rinoa and Fran are.

[M] Helo
01-19-2008, 06:45 PM
Lulu:

That was a bad round we need to reconsider our tactics.

[M] Gaius
01-19-2008, 07:30 PM
Edgar:

:( :( :( I donrt think ill be able to play this too much right now because we think my grandmother had a stroke

[M] Caprica
01-19-2008, 07:49 PM
Rinoa

If that's true, I'm sorry. But why would you post that as your mafia account instead of your regular account?

[M] Helo
01-19-2008, 08:05 PM
Lulu:

I'm going to lynch Edgar because at the moment he is the most suspicious. But I am open to change my vote judging by the evidence that will be provided throughout the day.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
01-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Fran:

Edgar, I'm really sorry about your grandmother. :( But I think given the situation, it's more fair to everyone if you excuse yourself and have a replacement take over.

Otherwise, by telling us about your grandmother, you're basically asking us not to vote for you based on the fact that you are going through a rough time personally in your life. And that's really not fair to us. The game really isn't all that important when compared to real life events. So maybe it would be better to just step away from it and not worry about this game for awhile. Psychotic can probably figure out a way for you to share accounts or something, so that the role is still active, but you can be away for awhile to take care of more important stuff.

I would personally feel like :skull::skull::skull::skull: voting someone out cause they're grandma is suffering from a stroke. :( But at the same time, I feel like it's unfair NOT to vote you out simply for that reason. I dunno.

[M] Gaius
01-19-2008, 08:17 PM
Edgar:

yeah I think Im going to want a replacement so I'll ask Psy to replace me.

[M] Caprica
01-19-2008, 08:17 PM
Rinoa

My suspicions of Edgar never really went away. The only thing that happened between the time I voted to now that helped his cause was the fact that Ingus turned up innocent.

The grandma thing has two scenarios:

1. Edgar is telling the truth and won't be able to participate much.
2. This is some kind of mafia trick.

Either way Edgar has little value to the town at this point, unless he can claim a really helpful role. But if he chooses to do so it will take a lot of convincing on his part.

Also Edgar voted for Rydia, a confirmed citizen.

<b>##Vote: Edgar</b>

For the reasons stated above in addition to my suspicions before.

[M] Mom – Host
01-19-2008, 08:21 PM
Bahamut:

Edgar is telling the truth. If anybody were to use that as some kind of trick, then I would kick them out of the game because that's just sick.

As it stands, we're looking into a replacement or possibly an account share.

[M] Gaius
01-19-2008, 08:21 PM
Edgar:

so should I reveal who I am or not

fire_of_avalon
01-19-2008, 08:22 PM
Okay stop. I'm posting as a mod now. I think it's really, really, really, really disrespectful to say things like "the grandma thing" and suspect Edgar's player of using something like that in gameplay. I will not say it isn't a possibility, but what you should ALL do is wait for Psy or qwerty's official word on the situation instead of cruelly speculating about someone making up a story about a, frankly, terrifying situation for the player's family.

So yeah. Wait for the game mod's word on what to do, but don't disrespect someone like that.

EDIT: I didn't refresh before I saw what Bahamut said, but I think what I said still stands. Now I'll shut up.

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
01-19-2008, 08:22 PM
Cid

Well this just throws a wrench in everything, here I was hoping to get out of the rough waters of day one, and no Ingus is dead, not killed by the Mafia it would seem, no Mafia hit, Edgar the person I voted for on day one is leaving, this is just delightful...

I still have quite a bit of suspicion towards Edgar, but I will wait to see if there is a replacement, if he does get a replacement... they are pretty much screwed, but I don't want to vote until some other people have spoken there peace... but if nothing convincing, Edgar should be ready to walk the plank by the look of things.

Psychotic
01-19-2008, 08:24 PM
Edgar;2403813']so should I reveal who I am or notPlease don't do that. Just sit tight and we'll take care of that kind of stuff.

[M] Caprica
01-19-2008, 08:24 PM
Rinoa

Oh sorry. But honestly, I was going to vote for you anyway. I'll just leave it for now and see what others have to say.

foa: I trust nothing that is said in this thread unless it's by the game moderator.

[M] Helo
01-19-2008, 08:25 PM
Lulu:

Edgar is still an account but his player will change is all, I'm sorry for your grandmother Edgar...

[M] Gaius
01-19-2008, 08:28 PM
Edgar:

Edgar;2403813']so should I reveal who I am or notPlease don't do that. Just sit tight and we'll take care of that kind of stuff.

I meant should I reveal my real account

[M] Mom – Host
01-19-2008, 08:29 PM
Bahamut:

Edgar;2403822']

I meant should I reveal my real accountNah, we'll do it if we think it needs to be done. I sent Edgar a PM so please check that.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
01-19-2008, 08:31 PM
Fran:

Foa: I think that if the account holder had posted under his/her real account in the other discussion thread, not a single person would have made any remarks about gameplay or anything like that. But because it was done under his/her game account in the game thread... it makes things a bit different. Not completely different, no, but I don't think anyone should be chastised or accused of being CRUEL for considering the game aspects of the situation, when everything was posted in the game thread under the game account. I do think that no matter what, compassion should be shown, but I don't think anyone was being malicious in response to Edgar's post. =/

[M] Mom – Host
01-19-2008, 08:37 PM
Bahamut:

OK guys, anymore discussion about that can go in the discussion thread.

In the meantime: Edgar is now a shared account. The game will continue.

[M] Gaius
01-19-2008, 09:01 PM
Edgar:

Alright, I'm here sharing with Edgar now. If you don't want to believe my partner about his Grandma because your sick and you actually think someone would make a claim like that over a game, I don't know what to tell you.

Let me start by saying I can't make explanations for what "I" did yesterday, for now I can assure you things will be thought out more. I don't know why a townie would act that way.

The last thing we need to do here is give the mafia definite targets of people who are going to be lynched. We need to analyze everything that happened yesterday. Naturally that includes the argument against me so I can try and explain what my partner was thinking.

I'll post my thoughts soon. I need to reread everything that happened, being just a replacement I didn't keep up with everything that happened yesterday

[M] Apollo
01-19-2008, 10:18 PM
Ramza:

Um, guys. There is a distinct possobility that The Mafia did target the Soulice last night. (OR however it was spelled)

The Ramza may think Ingus was targetedd by two groups.

The Ramza is saying this to make sure all who protected someone the previous night aren't too confident in their decision.

In addition, we are dealing with an insane Cultist, so someone may have been converted in the night.

The Ramza is still suspicious of Cid though. However The Ramza's #1 suspect is still Barret, so unless you present The Ramza with good reason, He's still my vote.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
01-19-2008, 10:25 PM
Faris:

All of these events have me scratching my head. We were wrong not only once, but twice. Rydia was really a townie despite being fairly suspicious, and Ingus the guy we thought was just as suspicious and doing an overly elaborate plot with Edgar is now dead too. I had my suspicions of Edgar go down by a lot since the death of Ingus.

It would appear we're back to square one on finding the mafia.

Though what is troubling now is that we just learned of a new killer amongst us. And with that note it seems like the possibility of a Jester has a lot more merit now, as people have mentioned yesterday.

I'm holding off on suspicions yet because there's so much to take in right now. But this seems like it's going to be a very interesting day.

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
01-19-2008, 10:43 PM
Cid

I think that we can be fairly certain that there are some mafiosos that voted for Rydia last time, this is not to say that they are the only suspect, I think we should look for people that seemed to jump on the Rydia bandwagon without giving much explanation. I do realize though that I did the same thing in my vote for Edgar, as did Barret in his vote so I cant blame anyone for suspecting me considering that is the strategy I am using.

I still have my doubts about Edgar, and also I think that there is a good chance that Ingus was targeted by a vigilante who found him suspicious, because I don't think the mafia or a killer would waist a night kill on someone who was likely to get lynched the following day.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
01-19-2008, 10:49 PM
Aeris:

So, there's cults, mafia and some other unknown faction? And we've lost two townies already, not good - but I suppose it is good that it wasn't three, considering that there is the mafia and something else.

I guess we should look at the people who opposed Ingus and Rydia as well as those who bandwagoned at the last minute, with no more than just a vote - maybe these people would be worth having a look at.

[M] Apollo
01-19-2008, 10:55 PM
Ramza:
Cid;2403929']I think that we can be fairly certain that there are some mafiosos that voted for Rydia last time, this is not to say that they are the only suspect, I think we should look for people that seemed to jump on the Rydia bandwagon without giving much explanation. I do realize though that I did the same thing in my vote for Edgar, as did Barret in his vote so I cant blame anyone for suspecting me considering that is the strategy I am using.

I still have my doubts about Edgar, and also I think that there is a good chance that Ingus was targeted by a vigilante who found him suspicious, because I don't think the mafia or a killer would waist a night kill on someone who was likely to get lynched the following day.

All the Ramza knows, is that Ingus was killed by non Mafia, and there is a good Chance Mafia wouldn't have killed Ingus as you said.

The Ramza suggests this to all protection roles, look carefully at who you protected, and based off day one, think for a while under the assumption the one protected was a target.

All people likely to be Mafia based on that kill, Assuming it had happened, should be paid close attention too.

Teh Ramza believes this is a good Idea for the time Being. However The Ramza also believes you shouldn't reveal yourselves quite yet either.

There are enough players who place suspicion to keep oneself from being suspected of a protection role. The Ramza is somewhat confident in this deduction.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
01-19-2008, 11:06 PM
Faris:

Cid;2403929']I think that we can be fairly certain that there are some mafiosos that voted for Rydia last time.

I was giving this thought as well. It would stand to reason that at least one mafia was part of that list. Maybe 2. I doubt they would all vote together just so as to not all get under the same list and become the usual suspects.

Despite that I'm still withholding making any accusations till more information or theories come to light.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
01-19-2008, 11:13 PM
Aeris:

I'm sure on the first night that all those with protective roles, if there ARE any, would have protected themselves, since there's not enough basis for protecting anyone else - no point in letting themselves get killed off. Or that's what I'd assume.

Like everyone else, I'm not gonna make any accusations until there has been some more information passed around. :)

[M] Dave – Stepdad
01-19-2008, 11:26 PM
Barret:

Ramza;2403904']The Ramza is still suspicious of Cid though. However The Ramza's #1 suspect is still Barret, so unless you present The Ramza with good reason, He's still my vote.

How about the fact that you lack almost any evidence proving I'm a Mafia? Anyways, I don't have much reason to suspect you Ramza, beyond your own activities of attempting to point out certain people as the Mafia which is always suspect.

I do, however, still suspect Edgar in all of this. Recent events aside, I believe his previous actions, along with his voting changes and targets, suggest to me that he is working alongside the Mafia. It wouldn't surprise me if their plans are to change targets at random until they reach the one they want.

##Vote: Edgar

[M] Apollo
01-19-2008, 11:31 PM
Ramza:

The Ramza does agree Edgar is suspicious, but no one has any definite proof of anything as of now.

You, Cid, and Edgar have all done things at least a little suspicious, but it's not like anyone else has done something more so suspicious.

Right now, it's just The Ramza picking the one to follow. And you seem just slightly more suspicous to me then Cid, and for now The Ramza is awaiting Ed to respond to get a better judge on him.

And The Ramza almost posted as The Ramza's real account. But The Ramza was to quick to make that mistake.

[M] Caprica
01-19-2008, 11:34 PM
Rinoa

Remember, there is no guarantee of a Cult Leader. All we know is that one of Cult Leader, Insane Cop, and Jester are in this game.

As for Edgar, the replacement said they would post their thoughts after reading the thread, and that was 2 hours ago. I would like to hear those thoughts. Not posting them is only increasing the suspicion.

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
01-19-2008, 11:38 PM
Cid

Cid's beard agrees with Rinoa, Cid's beard's main suspect is Edgar, but it would also like the chance to hear Edgars case and hear his suspicions.

[M] Apollo
01-19-2008, 11:50 PM
Ramza:

Rinoa;2403966']Remember, there is no guarantee of a Cult Leader. All we know is that one of Cult Leader, Insane Cop, and Jester are in this game.

As for Edgar, the replacement said they would post their thoughts after reading the thread, and that was 2 hours ago. I would like to hear those thoughts. Not posting them is only increasing the suspicion.

Wait, The Ramza is confused. You say there is no Garuntee of a Cult Leader, yet after words The Ramza heard you say we know there is one Cult Learder.

Also, The Ramza has one more Complaint to Bahamut.

In your Scenario, a villian was killed. The Ramza only see's good guys for the Townies, so why would The Ramza and other Townies be paranoid and start lynching at the death of one of our enemies?

The Ramza is very confused today.

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
01-19-2008, 11:56 PM
Cid

My fantastic beard want me to explain to The Ramza that Bahamut said that one of those roles were in the game, not all of them. So we have a cult leader OR a jester OR an insane cop, not all three. My beard hopes this clears this up for you.

[M] Caprica
01-19-2008, 11:58 PM
Rinoa

Wow, you guys are annoying me now with your gimmicks.

Ramza, I never said we know there is a cult leader, so you must have confused me with someone else.

[M] Apollo
01-20-2008, 12:00 AM
Ramza:

The Ramza would like to thank Cid, for The Ramza just got off of Work and The Ramza doesn't like some days at work.

Though the Ramza believes it is either an Insane Cop or Cultist, Because The Ramza thinks that such roles are more likely then Jester, and if the Ramza were to not vote for people because of the possobility of a Jester, The Ramza would get very frustrated very fast.

Edit: Don't worry Rinoa, Cid Cleared that up for The Ramza already.

And its not The Ramza's fault Cid and his Mighty beard followed in the trend of The Ramza, for The Ramza has no control over The Ramza's awesome.

[M] Caprica
01-20-2008, 12:03 AM
Rinoa

I'm also going to ignore the possiblity of Jester entirely, and I suggest others do the same.

[M] Gaius
01-20-2008, 12:08 AM
Edgar:

I've not dedicated all my two hours to this yet, thats why it took me this long, but that shouldn't make me more susicipious this game isn't my life xD

Right now here's some things that stuck out to me.

Cyan- He did start the fight against Rydia. But thats not enough for me to think he's mafia. In fact, I'm sure he's not mafia. Rydia was pretty suspicious last round, for a Citizen, she didn't act like one.

Barret- Now Barret confuses me. He voted for a confirmed citizen for bogus reasons, but the thing that really gets me going against him. Is he quickly votes against people with multiple votes on them. Thats pretty suspicious to me.

Cid- Although I technically voted for him most of last round, that wasn't actually me, and I don't find anything suspicious about him thats enough for me to say "He's mafia." Its still only round 2.

Lulu- Lulu is very susipicious, as cl_out said in the last game, Mafia is the ONLY team that should have to lie, so contradictions should be what gives them up.

Lulu;2403289']Well if you manage to survive then we can turn our suspicions on to Ingus and Edgar. Though Edgar seems innocent to me.

Lulu;2403801']I'm going to lynch Edgar because at the moment he is the most suspicious. But I am open to change my vote judging by the evidence that will be provided throughout the day.

Well, here's a big one. At the very end of last round Lulu said I seemed the most innocent. And now, I'm the most susipicious without a reason. Am I the only one who noticed this?

Ramza: Ramza called for a ceasefire between me and confirmed citizen who had the most votes against him, last round. Mafia don't call ceasefires when they see a citizen losing.

Quina: Quina acted real w<b><u>ei</u></b>rd last round. Last game we killed lots of w<b><u>ei</u></b>rd members early, jester maybe?

[M] Caprica
01-20-2008, 12:16 AM
Rinoa

Lulu's on my list. Her posts have been exactly how an amateur mafia would act.

Everything that has gone on with the Edgar account has made him harder to peg. At this point I don't know if I should just go with what I thought in the beginning or give him a clean slate.

[M] Felix
01-20-2008, 12:20 AM
Quina:

I dunno about the whole Jester thing. I wouldn't put it past Psy to be so ridiculous as to use that role, but the Jester wins if he gets lynched, right? The only person I see who has been acting like they want to be lynched is Edgar, and the new user seems to be doing the opposite. :P

So that leaves either an insane cop or a cult leader. The Insane Cop always gets the incorrect results. I would like to offer a suggestion. I think the cops should lay low for now. (Obviously.) Wait and see if you can figure out if you're sane or not, and if you find out your insane see about getting a doctor's protection. Or maybe I'm full of crap. :P Reading that back it sounds pretty lame! xD

As for a cult leader, I think it's pretty impossible to tell if one exists this early in the game. My money is on insane cop.

EDIT: I didn't see that accusation that I'm a jester. If I was I'd be going about it completely differently. I only got one vote last round and it was a throw-away vote. :P

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
01-20-2008, 12:22 AM
Faris:

Ramza;2403977']
for The Ramza has no control over The Ramza's awesome.

Is that why your name got stamped out of the history books and replaced with your buddy Delita's? ZING!!!!:p

Seriously though reading Edgar's defense I'm beginning to absolve my suspicions towards him, especially since a lot of it started because of the idea that him and Ingus were mafia working to get rid of suspicion from themselves and make it appear as if they were townies.

I agree with the Quina thing, of all company here he's the most likely to be a jester. I mean he DOES have a clown look about him/her/it.