PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil

ff is da best
01-18-2008, 12:25 PM
does anyone here play Resident evil 4 or is it just me..........

Seraphic
01-18-2008, 02:29 PM
Funny you should ask since I was replaying just last night!
Although whenever I pick it up again is just to play the Mercenary minigame thing.
Ada and Krauser pwn all.

Nifleheim7
01-18-2008, 02:35 PM
It's been almost a year since i played and beated the ps2 version with the extra missions.Awesome game.
i'm currently playing the first R.E. for the DS. and so far it's great!I really like to use the stylus for slashing zombies!:D

Old Manus
01-18-2008, 02:36 PM
RE4 is the definition of win. Nothing like the rest of them, but it was still just as good.

Suplexing monks = great justice

Dreddz
01-18-2008, 02:43 PM
Resident Evil 4 is a good action game but didnt warm to me like the classic games in the series.

KentaRawr!
01-18-2008, 10:27 PM
There were too few puzzles in the game, I'd say.

Sarc the Swordsman
01-18-2008, 10:44 PM
I played it through a couple of times and then got bored of it. It lacked the charm of the...well RE games with actual zombies in them. RE4 just seemed...stupid. When it came down to weaponry anyway. Too easy, and not very long. Too few puzzles, Ashley was annoying (I mean, it's stupid how you have to save her over and over when in fact the priority should just be stopping the parasites.)

Leon was also too...stupid. His character changed too much since that other game. >_>

Raebus
01-18-2008, 10:53 PM
I sigh at the "No zombies" reasoning. I sigh hard. I don't know where to start with Sarc the Swordsman's post.

KentaRawr!
01-18-2008, 10:56 PM
He didn't say it's because there's no Zombies, he was just categorizing with that statement.

Raebus
01-18-2008, 11:02 PM
Aha, I see.

I still disagree with the rest of his post, mind.

Sarc the Swordsman
01-18-2008, 11:02 PM
Well, I'm sure you know what I mean. A lack of classic Resident Evil Zombies, so to speak. You know, the kind that bite, scratch and crawl across the floor longing for blood.

'Zombies' in RE4 just weren't scary to me. I mean, they yell in Spanish...all look the same (could have been more variety, although the same can be said with the older games). >_>

Just my opinion though, not a fact.

LunarWeaver
01-19-2008, 12:21 AM
I loved Re4 so much I can't describe it. I'm happy with all the changes they made. After 1,000 games of ludicrous puzzles and zombies, it was hella time they moved on.

Nifleheim7
01-19-2008, 01:12 AM
Well, I'm sure you know what I mean. A lack of classic Resident Evil Zombies, so to speak. You know, the kind that bite, scratch and crawl across the floor longing for blood.

'Zombies' in RE4 just weren't scary to me. I mean, they yell in Spanish...all look the same (could have been more variety, although the same can be said with the older games). >_>

Just my opinion though, not a fact.

I dissagree 100% with everything you just said.
I'm a big fan of the series but i was really glad that they tried something different.If you accept the fact that R.E.4 is not a survival game i think you'll appreciate it more.
With that said,i don't want it to become a FPS either...

Sarc the Swordsman
01-19-2008, 01:29 AM
Well, the game has the exact same problems that are criticised of the other games in the series. Awkward controls and movement, were a big issue for me. The fact the game seemed more like a shoot 'em up than a survival horror game was also a disappointment - after all, it's supposed to be RE. >_>

As I said earlier, Ashley was just...annoying. Oh, and the parasites just seemed like something out of Alien. I'm not saying it's a bad game, it was just...overhyped. Plus, there was a lot of potential to make it better...but nothing was done. >_>

Raebus
01-19-2008, 01:33 AM
I can't believe you can't find one good thing about it. Seriously, is their not one good thing you like about it?

Every game has it's good and bad bits.

Sarc the Swordsman
01-19-2008, 01:42 AM
The only thing I liked was Ada, and she made the gameplay more tolerable. [Well, her missions anyway.]

I guess I just expected the game to be amazing...and it turned out to be average at best. I think my dislike towards the game has a lot to do with the fact the characters were annoying to watch both in gameplay and in scenes.

>_>

Sorry for ranting, though.

ff is da best
01-19-2008, 06:07 AM
RE4 is one of the best games ive played 2nd to final fantasy.

ive played previous RE games and thought RE4 was better.
I liked everything about this game because it makes me want to keep on playing over and over again. ive clocked it like 5 times on pro 2 times on normal and have beaten all the mini games. im tempted to do a knife only run. but il just wait until i fully master it.

Arc_Master_14
01-19-2008, 06:39 AM
i love re4 but i have the crapola ps2 version.... but im thinking of shelling out for the wiii version

KentaRawr!
01-19-2008, 01:21 PM
i love re4 but i have the crapola ps2 version.... but im thinking of shelling out for the wiii version

Aren't they the same? From what I understand, the Wii Version is basically the PS2 version with different controls.

Cookie
01-19-2008, 01:33 PM
There was a special edition version for the PS2. I bought it because it had a metal case and cost the same as the not-special edition. I thought it was decent, but I ended up selling it for profit.

Dark Eternal Knight
01-24-2008, 01:36 PM
I loved Re4 so much I can't describe it. I'm happy with all the changes they made. After 1,000 games of ludicrous puzzles and zombies, it was hella time they moved on.

Definitely. It was actually the only one that I really enjoyed. Granted, I own them all, trying to convince myself to play them, but I just couldn't get past the tank-like controls, cheesy acting, and slow pace. At one point, I owned all three console versions of the game, until I traded the PS2 version in. xD

If not recognized for being one of the best games of all time, RE4 was certainly a trend-setter with its control scheme, camera placement, and pacing.

Gears of War anyone? Cliffy B is often quoted saying that his biggest inspiration for Gears was RE4. I'm sure I can think of others that have come along since RE4 that have looked up to that game.

Strawberry_Mew
01-30-2008, 09:23 PM
does anyone here play Resident evil 4 or is it just me..........

Lol I play it so many times I never get sick of it XDD Even though I beat it so many times on the Cube I still want the PS2 Version <3

Dolentrean
01-30-2008, 09:28 PM
RE4 is kinda like sex and pancakes, kinda sticky and they leave you feeling very satisfied at the end.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-30-2008, 09:49 PM

Aren't they the same? From what I understand, the Wii Version is basically the PS2 version with different controls.The Wii Edition also has GameCube-caliber graphics with real-time cut scenes. Both of these aspects had to be downgraded for the PS2 release.

KentaRawr!
01-30-2008, 10:06 PM
Oh, I see.

ff is da best
01-31-2008, 04:26 AM
i have the ps2 version by da way