PDA

View Full Version : Lions? Lions.

Alive-Cat
01-18-2008, 10:15 PM
What is the closest you've ever been to a lion? How do you feel about this furry feline? Do you respect the power of the lion? Do you think the Lion in "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe" really should of just massacred those damn meddling kids? Do you think the lion is the king of the jungle, or merely an aspiring rival of the feared Tyrannosaurus-Rex? Would you be unhappy if a lion ate you, or would you feel it was a fitting sacrifice to the continuation of the lion species; "dulce et decorum est pro patria lion", as one might say. ;)
Healthy discussion of lions follows.

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-18-2008, 10:24 PM
I am a Lion, okay a Leo but close enough. Leos are unarguably awesome.

Sergeant Hartman
01-18-2008, 10:25 PM
Lions, tigers and bears OH MY!

Rye
01-18-2008, 10:28 PM
I don't know if I've ever been close to a lion. I might have at a zoo once, but not that close.

Shiny
01-18-2008, 10:34 PM
Maybe I'm a lion.

oddler
01-18-2008, 10:35 PM
Only if you're not telling the truth. :oscar:

Psychotic
01-18-2008, 10:38 PM
In some crappy zoo as a baby in a pushchair. After being wheeled up to a lion which was chilling in a cage, I roared at it. The lion, apparently unimpressed, roared back. My parents did not think the cage it was in looked sturdy enough, and so quickly got out of there in case it tried to kill me. I bet I could've taken it. Lions aren't so tough.

Old Manus
01-18-2008, 10:41 PM
I went to the zoo once to see the lions, but my cat shouted JESUS CHRIST IT'S A LION GET IN THE CAR.

Breine
01-18-2008, 10:54 PM
I've seen a lion close up.. very close up. Probably around 2 feet. It was several years ago when my class had the opportunity to go "backstage" at one of the biggest zoos in Denmark. We got to go in and see the lions when they're inside in their cages (they're normally outside) - Walking down a narrow hallway with cages filled with lions on both sides was an experience I'll never forget. Just the way they look at you is extremely scary.. you just now that if there weren't bars seperating you from them they'd kill you in a heart beat... and of course the sheer beauty and size of lions was amazing to see that close up.

Sergeant Hartman
01-18-2008, 11:05 PM
It would be awesome to have one as a pet, taking it for walks, killing people etc.

Old Manus
01-18-2008, 11:07 PM
More like the lion takes you for a walk am I rite here lol?

Sergeant Hartman
01-18-2008, 11:10 PM
yeah lol

Dolentrean
01-18-2008, 11:13 PM
I punched one once, he was talking in the movie theater and tried to start crap with me.

TyphoonThaReapa
01-18-2008, 11:16 PM
A'yo son, Lions are tight son. Lions are really really tight...was that an approperiate answer?:confused:

Madame Adequate
01-18-2008, 11:25 PM
I rely on lions.

You could say I have a lion reliance.

Rye
01-18-2008, 11:27 PM
I rely on lions.

Oh my god, oh my god. xDDD Lion reliance.

In some crappy zoo as a baby in a pushchair. After being wheeled up to a lion which was chilling in a cage, I roared at it. The lion, apparently unimpressed, roared back. My parents did not think the cage it was in looked sturdy enough, and so quickly got out of there in case it tried to kill me. I bet I could've taken it. Lions aren't so tough.

Donkey punch it!

TyphoonThaReapa
01-18-2008, 11:36 PM
I rely on lions.

Oh my god, oh my god. xDDD Lion reliance.

Donkey punch it!

Leave it to Rye to give replies like that...:rolleyes2

fire_of_avalon
01-18-2008, 11:37 PM
Probably 80 feet I guess. However far away the lion enclosure was from the big canyon.

Zeldy
01-18-2008, 11:42 PM
Just at a zoo probably. I havent been to a zoo in yeaars! I should go to Knowsley Safari, it's only like 20 minutes away xD

rubah
01-18-2008, 11:53 PM
I saw them in a couple of zoos.

Alive-Cat
01-19-2008, 12:32 AM
This is one badass lion. :cool:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i277/anotherperson/dwel_handpuppet_lion_LRG.jpg

Sarc the Swordsman
01-19-2008, 12:36 AM
I've seen one in a zoo, but not face to face of course.

Del Murder
01-19-2008, 01:06 AM
I watched a Detroit Lions game on Thanksgiving once.

mooglebunni608
01-19-2008, 01:08 AM
I was about 10 yards away from one in Disney World... or was that a tiger? Can't remember, but there was glass stuff between us. It was still scary though ><

Caraliz
01-19-2008, 01:48 AM
lions are supposedly mormon.

Vincent, Thunder God
01-19-2008, 08:41 AM
What is the closest you've ever been to a lion?

I think I saw one in a zoo when I was really young (my godfather took me) and at the time it was a fun experience, but I won't be seeing one again unless I go on safari: I am strongly objected to any and all animal captivity and most certainly will not pay to see it. Sadly, my godfather died recently at a very young age from health complications resulting from severe obescity, but I'm very very glad I got to spend that time with him. He was a good man and I miss him - I'd always wished he could fight the addiction before it took him.

Do you respect the power of the lion? Do you think the Lion in "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe" really should of just massacred those damn meddling kids?

No, not only because that would be completely disregarding the whole "animals with minds like humans" theme and Aslan's benevolent, almost God-like nature, not to mention that would be letting the White Witch win, because the four human children are needed on the thrones of Narnia. Well - maybe Edmund, but after he was asked for forgiveness and was granted it he wasn't a jerk anymore.

Do you think the lion is the king of the jungle, or merely an aspiring rival of the feared Tyrannosaurus-Rex?

In modern day yes, because dinosaurs were extinct - but back when they weren't, the T-rex wins, hands-down (if lions were even around back then, a T-Rex could easily crush a lion in it's jaws in one bite).

Would you be unhappy if a lion ate you, or would you feel it was a fitting sacrifice to the continuation of the lion species; "dulce et decorum est pro patria lion", as one might say. ;)

I don't want to die being mauled by a lion - generally they're not at a lack for food, considering they're at the top of the food chain: very effective predators, and even if they were I would not want to be their dinner regardless. It'd be a horrible way to die - quite painful before the relief of death, which might take a while if his jaws sunk in not-immediately-lethal areas first. Ouch!

blackmage_nuke
01-19-2008, 08:44 AM
I enjoy lion about, and I aint lion.

Jess
01-19-2008, 02:34 PM
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/6903/liontn2.jpg

This close. This was at Colchester zoo before the Lion's feeding time. He looks as if he is about to eat my head. ;_;

Xaven
01-19-2008, 11:24 PM
Twice at the San Diego Zoo and twice more at the San Diego Wild Animal Park. :P The Lion enclosure at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas was closed for maintenance when I visited a few weeks ago. :P

The Lion King is better than seeing real lions. :P

scrumpleberry
01-19-2008, 11:27 PM
Only in a zoo, when smallll.

Vincent, Thunder God
01-20-2008, 12:46 AM
I strongly endorse anyone who attempts to now move this thread into a petty, token debate about how animal captivity is horrible and should be outlawed.

Calliope
01-20-2008, 05:38 AM
Tempting, but I think I've had the lion's share of that debate :D

Vincent, Thunder God
01-20-2008, 09:08 PM
Tempting, but I think I've had the lion's share of that debate :D

heheh

Namelessfengir
01-20-2008, 09:26 PM
lions is nice... if they rip your head off it just means they like you

The Devil
01-21-2008, 05:13 AM
Many now in my keeping were mauled by lions!