PDA

View Full Version : You know Mario and Zelda have a lot in common...

The Fat Bioware Nerd
01-19-2008, 09:48 PM
The second Mario Bros. game and the second Legend of Zelda game were radically different from their predecessors. Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker weren't as well received as their N64 counterparts. Twilight Princess and Mario Galaxy were killer apps for the Wii.

Rostum
01-19-2008, 09:58 PM
Someone has too much time to think. :p

Heath
01-19-2008, 10:01 PM
Yeah, slightly. I wouldn't say those a real links that mean the games have a lot in common :p

XxSephirothxX
01-19-2008, 10:03 PM
They're also both developed and published by Nintendo. Crazy world, isn't it?

Del Murder
01-19-2008, 10:07 PM
Both series also often involve saving the princess!

NeoCracker
01-19-2008, 10:23 PM
And both of them have a lot of very strange Hentai pics people have drawn of them.

Vermachtnis
01-19-2008, 10:26 PM
And both of them have a lot of very strange Hentai pics people have drawn of them.

Well, everything has that in common. It's kind of scary really :eek:

NeoCracker
01-19-2008, 10:37 PM

Hardly the point.

Shlup
01-19-2008, 10:38 PM
Also, I love them both. Love! :love:

KentaRawr!
01-19-2008, 10:57 PM
Mario 1 and Zelda 1 are both vastly different from later games, and both would be considered piles of :skull::skull::skull::skull: if released today. :monster:

Necronopticous
01-19-2008, 11:08 PM
Mario 1 and Zelda 1 are both vastly different from later games, and both would be considered piles of :skull::skull::skull::skull: if released today. :monster:The Legend of Zelda is, in my eyes, the greatest game in the series.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
01-19-2008, 11:11 PM
Someone has too much time to think. :p

Yeah, slightly. I wouldn't say those a real links that mean the games have a lot in common :p

They're also both developed and published by Nintendo. Crazy world, isn't it?

Both series also often involve saving the princess!

I hate cynical people.

Dolentrean
01-19-2008, 11:17 PM
I hate cynical people.

I love cynical people, that is why I like it here.

Both charecters have very large noses (at least in the N64 versions)

ljkkjlcm9
01-19-2008, 11:56 PM
except super mario bros 2 in the US, was not really super mario bros 2. Super mario bros, the lost levels, is super mario bros 2, and is almost identical to the first super mario bros.

I make note to say super mario bros, because the original mario bros is just that minigame that's in the third super mario bros game... the one with the pipes and the enemies.

THE JACKEL

Shoeberto
01-20-2008, 08:37 AM
except super mario bros 2 in the US, was not really super mario bros 2. Super mario bros, the lost levels, is super mario bros 2, and is almost identical to the first super mario bros.
Yep, I was going to point that out as well.

As for the GC iterations not being as well-received, well, Nintendo did a lot of things during that era that were well-intentioned but not exactly in tune with what the majority of fans wanted. Though I still love Wind Waker tons.

rubah
01-20-2008, 08:44 AM
it's funny, 'cos final fantasy ii (in america!!!) was vastly different from final fantasy i (in america!)

and sadly there the similarities end because the closest that final fantasy ever got to returning to nintendo was final fantasy "x" which was just a demonstration 8)
(but still pretty cool in theory)

Breine
01-20-2008, 01:50 PM
They're both male!!

Just kidding :P

Kanshisha
01-20-2008, 02:09 PM
you know if placed together, a Christmas tree is formed..

KentaRawr!
01-20-2008, 06:27 PM
it's funny, 'cos final fantasy ii (in america!!!) was vastly different from final fantasy i (in america!)

and sadly there the similarities end because the closest that final fantasy ever got to returning to nintendo was final fantasy "x" which was just a demonstration 8)
(but still pretty cool in theory)

Wasn't there Final Fantasy 3 (In America!)?

Roto13
01-20-2008, 11:24 PM
I think she meant the NES.

rubah
01-20-2008, 11:37 PM
you can group ff2 and ff3(4/6) together for convenience.

KentaRawr!
01-22-2008, 12:05 AM
I think she meant the NES.

FF2 (In America!) was for the SNES.

Roto13
01-22-2008, 02:24 AM
I'm confused so I'm going to go over in the corner and curl up into a ball.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
01-22-2008, 02:34 AM
I'm confused so I'm going to go over in the corner and curl up into a ball.

:lol:

Evastio
01-22-2008, 03:39 AM
As much as I don't like to admit it (seeing as how I really like Mario and how much I hate Link's overratedness) it's true. Many of the points I was going to make have already been stated. Besides Mario and Link being the most liked by Nintendo fans and them being the two most recognized Nintendo mascots (I somewhat think Pikachu might be a little more popular than Link though). Shigeru Miyamoto (a Nintendo producer) was also in charge of making them both if I remember correctly. Also Mario and Zelda games seem to be getting the highest game ratings out of all Nintendo game series (Mario spinoff games being an exception since people seem to enjoy hating on).