PDA

View Full Version : I'm With the Band.

Calliope
01-20-2008, 05:15 AM
HEY THERE, CONCERTGOERS!

When you go to a gig, do you just go and enjoy the music and go HOME? Or do you take photos, wait around for the band, steal the setlist and get them to sign 8 x 10 glossies?

Share your obsessive stalky-stalk muso stories. Ah, go on.

Kanshisha
01-20-2008, 05:22 AM
Listen then go home. it pretty much depends on what concert it is.

Momiji
01-20-2008, 05:40 AM
Staying for autographs makes the entrance price more worth it. Otherwise, I'd rather just stay home and listen to the band on a cd, because it's a better quality than at a concert, minus the sweat and ear-crushing noise.

Denmark
01-20-2008, 08:35 AM
I love the experience of the concert. There's this band, who's like FAMOUS, and they're playing their amazing music FOR YOU. It's nothing like the CD (or any other digital music format); it's far, far more awesome.

At a few small shows my school has held I've hung around afterwards and met the band and stuff (though I'm also in the group that is in charge of those kinds of things, so I do setup and meet the bands then xD). I've never gotten an autograph or had my picture taken with a band though, because I don't know the small bands well enough and all my favorite bands are way too famous for that kind of stuff. Some bands I really want to meet, though.

rubah
01-20-2008, 08:39 AM
I listen until my ears hurt then leave.

Boney King
01-20-2008, 08:39 AM
Listen then go home, but I love the whole experience. Unless it's like $40, no way I'm paying that much.

KoShiatar
01-20-2008, 08:40 AM
I only stalked the band when me and some friends went to see Muse in Milan in 2001. We knew they were going to a club named Gasoline and we too went there and were able to meet them. Matthew Bellamy was particularly nice to us and chatted for a while despite having all kinds of wannabe girls swarming around him, and in the end even said "Well, maybe one day we could meet again".
I don't think he remembers saying that, but I do. :D
Good times.

Calliope
01-20-2008, 08:46 AM
WHAT COLOUR WAS HIS HAIR?

Srsly. ;_;

Breine
01-20-2008, 02:53 PM
I love the experience of the concert. There's this band, who's like FAMOUS, and they're playing their amazing music FOR YOU. It's nothing like the CD (or any other digital music format); it's far, far more awesome.

Yeah, I totally agree. I love going to concerts, not only for the reasons that Denmark mentioned, but also because of the atmosphere. Concerts are teh awesome, but I don't hang aroung waiting for autographs and stuff afterwards, though.

fire_of_avalon
01-20-2008, 03:58 PM
I'm a big chicken when it comes to meeting famous important people, so I hide. I really don't know why musicians flick my shy switch, but they do. If the people I'm with want to go stalk, I go with them but I tend to stand around big eyed and silent.

KoShiatar
01-20-2008, 05:39 PM
WHAT COLOUR WAS HIS HAIR?

Srsly. ;_;

Hum, black with blue highlights, if I remember correctly. He still hadn't dyed his hair blue.
Also, his eyes really were that bright blue *_* I ignore whether he wears lenses or what, but it was beautiful to see.

The Devil
01-20-2008, 05:47 PM
I usually leave then sneak back in to enjoy a free show :bigsmile:

escobert
01-20-2008, 05:50 PM
I cba to go to concerts.

Woodinator
01-20-2008, 08:07 PM
I only stalked the band when me and some friends went to see Muse in Milan in 2001. We knew they were going to a club named Gasoline and we too went there and were able to meet them. Matthew Bellamy was particularly nice to us and chatted for a while despite having all kinds of wannabe girls swarming around him, and in the end even said "Well, maybe one day we could meet again".
I don't think he remembers saying that, but I do. :D
Good times.

wow I have to admit I'm pretty jealous...I discovered Muse last year and i love their music

Anyway, I've only been to one concert (it was a relient K and switchfoot one) and we just went home after it... i was in no mood to try and battle a bunch of 15 year old fan girls... :/

I Don't Need A Name
01-20-2008, 08:09 PM
Staying for autographs makes the entrance price more worth it. Otherwise, I'd rather just stay home and listen to the band on a cd, because it's a better quality than at a concert, minus the sweat and ear-crushing noise.

the sweat and the ear-crushing noise is what you go for!!
you get to listen to the band at a rediculous volume, and get to see them playing the stuff :D

Madame Adequate
01-20-2008, 08:21 PM
I don't go to a gig because I don't want to ruin bands I like with horrible memories of unfun times.

Jess
01-20-2008, 09:39 PM
I watch then I leave. :jess:

Calliope
01-26-2008, 03:15 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/Calliope/trebleclef/9d72033d.jpg

I'll usually hang around afterwards, unless it's a particularly poor performance, or I have to run for a bus/cab, or I don't know where the stage door for the particular venue is :D

Caraliz
01-26-2008, 06:01 AM
I cba to go to concerts.
i will come drag you to see xiu xiu in march. :love:

The Unknown Guru
01-26-2008, 07:43 AM
Listen, mosh, wring the sweat out of my shirt, then go home.

Quindiana Jones
01-26-2008, 01:11 PM
I usually go talk to the bands that played. Kinda hard at massive great OMG BIG POPULAR ROCK BAND gigs, but it's easy enough at start-ups.

Cz
01-26-2008, 01:27 PM
I hang around long enough for a setlist, or maybe a pick if I get lucky, but I don't go stalking the band afterwards. If it's a small show in a bar, I might hang around and chat with the performers, but I don't hang around stage doors or anything like that.

That's a very nice ticket collage, by the way. :thumb:

DK
01-26-2008, 02:02 PM
I seem to have this great skill for meeting the band members while the support bands are playing, so that works for me. :monster:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-26-2008, 02:43 PM
I wait around for the crate boy.