PDA

View Full Version : i got hacked =/

Tifa's Real Lover(really
01-20-2008, 04:49 PM
not really, but my computer is remembering passwords to certain sites (myspace, eoff etc) and i dont want it to. fix it please :)

Ichimonji
01-20-2008, 05:11 PM
Go to Tools on your internet browser, and then Internet Options. Under 'General' you can delete browsing history, which includes cookies and saved passwords among other things.

Also, you can tab to Content and turn off Auto Complete if you want. That is if you don't want your computer remembering what you've searched (on google and other taskbars).

Serapy
01-20-2008, 07:19 PM
Go to Tools on your internet browser, and then Internet Options. Under 'General' you can delete browsing history, which includes cookies and saved passwords among other things.

Also, you can tab to Content and turn off Auto Complete if you want. That is if you don't want your computer remembering what you've searched (on google and other taskbars).

That's not general, though. If he has both Firefox and IE installed, and if he deletes cookies by what you said on IE only, it won't affect cookies from firefox.

I'd rather Start>Search>Cookies, go into the folders and delete everything because this method is general and faster (for me anyway), and make the folders read-me only so your Windows can't add new cookies into those folders.

Rostum
01-21-2008, 01:06 AM
Or, he could just do the exact same thing for both browsers. It's quite easy and only takes a few seconds.

Namelessfengir
01-21-2008, 01:26 AM
on firefox tools> options> security tab> passwords section there is a checkbox for "remember passwords for sites" uncheck it after that click on show passwords (this will show you all the saved passwords you have) you can hit "remove all" to clear the list

Roto13
01-21-2008, 02:16 AM
Or you can remove individual passwords if you want it to remember others.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
01-22-2008, 09:02 PM
yep, this worked, thank u guys :)