PDA

View Full Version : Scariest Things Ever

Vermachtnis
01-21-2008, 12:06 AM
5 Most Horrifying Bugs in the World (http://www.cracked.com/article_15816_5-most-horrifying-bugs-in-world.html)

No idea what's scarier the Botfly or Giant Hornet with Flesh eating acid.

Shiny
01-21-2008, 12:16 AM
Bot Fly in brain?! Knock knock Bot Fly! Come out!

Praying Mantises are pretty scary. Particularly the females. They're "hardcore".

rubah
01-21-2008, 12:25 AM
I kinda want those guys who want to build a barrier all around the united states to get working on it. And make sure that they cover the top and pave the bottom, to keep any more of those things from getting in than already have.

Bugs that freak me out: jerumsalem crickets, centipedes, ???, ???

Bahamut2000X
01-21-2008, 12:29 AM
I thought it was fake at first with those Japanese Wasps, but after that I've heard of the middle 3 ones. But wow regardless those are all nasty. Makes me want to actually stay in Ohio where all we got is big foot and raccoons.

Zeldy
01-21-2008, 12:40 AM
Even though it's like harmless, the crane fly (or 'Daddy long legs' in Britain) (http://files.myopera.com/sprogger/blog/PapaLonglegs.jpg) scares me to death.

It's the legs; They just absolutely petrify me! It's usually daddy long leg season late August/early September, but I never saw any last year. The year before they were EVERYWHERE ;_; I refused to open any of my windows. They always fly at my face and make me cry ;___;

The Devil
01-21-2008, 12:40 AM
I'm surpised I'm not on your list.

Although most of them were my creations.

I think the bot fly was my favourite.

Jess
01-21-2008, 12:42 AM
Oh my god. ;___;

Cookie
01-21-2008, 12:50 AM
Stuff like this makes me really paranoid. ;[

NeoCracker
01-21-2008, 12:53 AM
I fear very few things in this world.

Jojee when she is mad.
Hilary Clinton winning the 2008 election.
And finally, the Second Coming of Jerry Falwell. (SP?)

Bahamut2000X
01-21-2008, 12:54 AM

I just knew you were involved. Well time to start insect genocide to ease my paranoia.

Rye
01-21-2008, 01:15 AM
CICADAS. ;;

Madame Adequate
01-21-2008, 01:18 AM
Some of those things actually come close to zombies for "Dear Holy Fucking God why would you do this?!" scary :(

Garnie
01-21-2008, 01:50 AM
that is scarry! but the daddy long legs is scaryer!!
but not as scary as my spelling!!

Ouch!
01-21-2008, 02:44 AM

I'd be most pleased by the hornet, really.

The Devil
01-21-2008, 02:55 AM

I think the idea that a small maggot can live and sustain itself inside your brain, feeding on your memory and thoughts more horrific, wouldnt you say?

Ouch!
01-21-2008, 02:57 AM

I think the idea that a small maggot can live and sustain itself inside your brain, feeding on your memory and thoughts more horrific, wouldnt you say?
If the maggot literally fed off of one's memories and thoughts, then yes, it would be horrific. However, since it just feeds off of the material substance of one's brain, this is not the case.

As such, I'm going to stick with the thumb-sized hornet that spits acid.

DK
01-21-2008, 03:08 AM
The soldier ants are clearly the badasses there. Hundreds of thousands of half inch long blind things with giant teeth just obliterating anything that gets in front of them? That is gun.

I Took the Red Pill
01-21-2008, 03:12 AM
I like the guy's writing style. :spin:

Roto13
01-21-2008, 03:28 AM
WHY DID I LOOK!?!

The Devil
01-21-2008, 05:09 AM
WHY DID I LOOK!?!

Because you're a fool! ... and you scare too easily!

If the maggot literally fed off of one's memories and thoughts, then yes, it would be horrific. However, since it just feeds off of the material substance of one's brain, this is not the case.

An instant of sharp pain versus an insect living off your brain? lol whut?

Agrias
01-21-2008, 10:20 AM
I hate bugs now :(
They're so gross sometimes, i can handle the small ones, but the big ones with acid spit and burrowing under skin habits are just plain freaky.

Rase
01-21-2008, 10:31 AM
No way in hell am I watching any of those videos.

So much for sleep tonight.

Breine
01-21-2008, 12:10 PM
That's just disgusting... Here are some more creepy crawlers:

Click here (http://www.break.com/index/camelspider.html) and here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2gi0Tan5Wc&feature=related).

Madame Adequate
01-21-2008, 01:51 PM

But the material substance of the brain is the literal physical form of thoughts and memories.

ff is da best
01-21-2008, 02:06 PM
i dont like huge spiders

smittenkitten
01-21-2008, 04:03 PM
I hate moths, hate hate hate! >.< I once seen one the size of my face. When I was in the shower a moth landed on my hip, it was so scary! :whimper:

Raebus
01-21-2008, 04:12 PM
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1818/900mothob8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I'm in ur shower, landing on ur hip

Ichimonji
01-21-2008, 04:50 PM
That's crazyness, yet intriguing. I'm glad I live in Canada where it's too cold for things like that to survive!

Also, bullet ants are my new favourite insect.

Serapy
01-21-2008, 04:56 PM
camel spider is the only thing that fear me the most T_T

CLICK HERE! IT'S NOT FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE BAD HEARTS! (http://applematters.com/images/uploads/camelspider.JPG)

they are very poisonous, they even can kill scorpions and camels.
they can run at between 10-20mph..
sometimes, a strong camel spider can just land on you while you are sleeping, it will crawl into your stomach VERY painfully and lay eggs into it..

:( :( :(

Marshall Banana
01-21-2008, 06:30 PM
I spy Antlion. =O

The Ceej
01-21-2008, 06:48 PM
I was creeped out at first, but then I got to the army ants and realized this guy hasn't done any research. I present to you this clip from the article:

There is no talk of painful stingers or ballistic acid here, no, this is terror of a far more primordial nature--the kind that simply flows over you by the hundreds of thousands and rips you apart with massive, unbelievably powerful jaws

Army ants do have stingers with flesh eating acid inside according to the Discovery Channel's special on three types of notorious ants. Their jaws cannot cut. Their jaws are meant soley for carrying food back to the nest. And yes, they have a nest where this article says they don't. They can take a scorpion apart. Yes. The way they were taking the scorpion apart, it was obvious they could see it. They're not blind. And they don't eat through anything in their path. The guy, in the show, accidentally got himself covered in army ants and got stung to hell. They didn't chew all the flesh off his body. His body did have marks all over it, however.

So, after all the inaccuracies in his section on army ants, I have to wonder just how accurate the rest is. I stopped reading after army ants because he obviously didn't know what he was talking about.

snacks
01-21-2008, 07:17 PM
I'm super duper afraid of spiders, well not so much anymore.

I have an above average fear of bees as well.