PDA

View Full Version : The Sin Theory of Evolution

The Devil
01-21-2008, 01:43 AM
The Sin Theory of Evolution - Reconciling Evolution, Creationism and Intelligent Design « BUUUUURRRRNING HOT (http://scottthong.wordpress.com/2007/11/22/the-sin-theory-of-evolution-reconciling-evolution-creationism-and-intelligent-design/)

Check this theory out and tell me what you think.

Do you think I'm the puppet master of Evolution?

NeoCracker
01-21-2008, 01:52 AM
Wow.

Just Wow.

Ouch!
01-21-2008, 02:11 AM
You're good, Lucifer, but you're not that good.

blackmage_nuke
01-21-2008, 03:44 AM
I believe evolution is powered by love!

The Devil
01-21-2008, 04:25 AM

WELL, you'd believe wrong, stupid, silly little insignificant HUMAN.

The credit is mine! ALL MINE! *ahem*

NeoCracker
01-21-2008, 04:26 AM
I believe Evolution is powered by the almighty Twinkie myself.

The Devil
01-21-2008, 04:29 AM
I believe Evolution is powered by the almighty Twinkie myself.

Silence, foolish troll, mortal!

NeoCracker
01-21-2008, 04:35 AM
What does my mortality have to do with this joke of a theory?

The Devil
01-21-2008, 04:44 AM

DO YOU NOT REALIZE WHO I AM ?!?!?!

Avarice-ness
01-21-2008, 04:45 AM
The evolution of the human mind and how we think over the years.

According to my dad, in the bible the rapture is suppose to happen at our peak of technology, technology is caused by our natural want to harness something else (Pride) and our gain off of that something (Avarice). Apparently when that happens human kind has reached it's worse, prompting the rapture.

Then again, humans naturally live (by philosophical standards atleast) to live good, depending on what their idea of good is. If they are in a fit stable mind, goodness will mean to live happy, -normally- doing something under any sin category brings guilt which won't bring the happiness itself, so people naturally try to stray from the sins.

Although, it's good to Read Descarte's Meditations. I read it in philosophy and it basically narrowed out that we don't have a cruel all powerful designer (or God, but in this case the designer would be the devil).

Human's by nature live by mistakes and learn from them, and most mistakes you learn from are classified under some sin.

[Edit] Also, I don't like how it just says "Sin" and doesn't get more specific. Granted it's generic, but if they truly worked the kinks out they could -easily- show how each sin in it's own reverance has had more than a hand into human evolution and history.
So technically, yes, Sin's have prompted a change in human history over the years we've existed.

I also don't agree that the "sin" is within us, because that would make people inately evil and I believe they are inately good, due to the fact people are able to pick and choose wether to be evil or not, and/or are conditioned that way.
Basically nature/nuture psychology class fun to decide how a person is "evil"

Not to mention, "evil" and "good" are morals, and people have various veiws on morals, what someone might find "evil" you may find as something that doesn't bother you (neutral) or something you approve of (Good).

If the "sin" was inside us all, we -should- all have the same sense of morality, since we would all have evil in us.
That would make Good and Evil black and white.
And since it's not, we most likely don't have an agent of evil inside of us that we couldn't veiw as good or evil.

If anything, I could only see it as being some kind of personality tweaker. He should go into the human aspect of having the sin better, AKA going into the brain.

Now according to the Sin Theory of Evolution, the correct responce would be: God did NOT directly create such frightening creatures. His original creation was perfect and peaceful, and very agreeable indeed.

I learned the opinion werds in the schools.

Again, what I said before, what I may see has frightening creatures, you may see as loving. Hell, the "devil" is suppose to be a snake, and I love snakes.

I almost see this more as something that says, there's more god than a devil. Because he's basically saying God can't do something because he's perfect, all-powerful and peace wanting.

Last time I checked -God- was the one that destroyed sodom and Gamora, and last time I looked up the word Destroyed, Destroyed was a negative term.

I almost wanna go through all of this and pick out the parts that make no sense. I'm no christian, but still, it's pretty clear there are flaws in this theory, either by the human brain biochemistry aspect (psychology allowing persona and morals) and or by the limiting god to -only- good, and -only- perfection.

NeoCracker
01-21-2008, 04:59 AM

A Being who thinks to highly of himself.

They took a theory with a lot of supporting evidence, (Evolution) and then tried to combine it with the teachings of an old book (The Bible) which really has no solid evidence to back it up outside of ones personal belief and Faith.

And now they are trying to combine the two?

Yeah, not going to work.

Avarice-ness
01-21-2008, 05:02 AM

They took a theory with a lot of supporting evidence, (Evolution) and then tried to combine it with the teachings of an old book (The Bible) which really has no solid evidence to back it up outside of ones personal belief and Faith.

Yeah, not going to work.

As a being who likes money more than Cracker likes himself.

Actually various "evidence" from the bible has come to happening. I don't know exactly but all I can remember is something about a salt pillar, in the bible and one that was found.

NeoCracker
01-21-2008, 05:04 AM

Yeah, not going to work.

Actually various "evidence" from the bible has come to happening. I don't know exactly but all I can remember is something about a salt pillar, in the bible and one that was found.

YEah, well Troy actually existed, and we new about the books before the City.

I highly doubt that makes it sufficient evidence that the Greek Gods exists.

The Devil
01-21-2008, 05:05 AM

Yeah, not going to work.

Oh come now! We both now that the Bible is AT LEAST as evil as I am! And yes, I think highly of myself! Evidently, so do you, foolish mortal!

Avarice-ness
01-21-2008, 05:26 AM

Yeah, not going to work.

Oh come now! We both now that the Bible is AT LEAST as evil as I am! And yes, I think highly of myself! Evidently, so do you, foolish mortal!

You're potrayl of the devil isn't that great. The Devil was originally God's right hand angel until his fall, showing that he had some kind of inteligence of basic knowledge.

Good and Evil is a balance.
Neutral is the triangle at the central point of the balance keeping it perfect.
If good or evil is over weighed, morality becomes skewed by default.

While morality is at a balance things look like this.

Good = Happiness, Good things bring happiness to people who do good things, and/or practice a way of a good life.
Evil = Feelings of unhappiness, Evil things bring unhappiness, be it sadness, guilt, anger, pain, everything to people who do evil things, and/or practice a way of a bad life.

While morality is at your clearly "approven" "Devil is the ultimate creator" it looks like this:

Evil (overwighed) = Evil is happiness, Evil will bring you great things, Doing things deemed as evil will be a way of leading a good life.
Good (underweighed) = Feelings of unhapiness, Doing good things will bring you saddness, guild, anger, pain, everything that would come from doing something as simple as smiling.

Why do I say smiling, because it's been proven that the simple action of smiling actually deters the chemicals in your brain to cause you do be happy. And because it keeps everyone happy, the balance is -CLEARLY- still there.

Stupid devil, knowing stuff is for grown ups. :D

The Devil
01-21-2008, 05:31 AM

Yeah, not going to work.

You're potrayl of the devil isn't that great. The Devil was originally God's right hand angel until his fall, showing that he had some kind of inteligence of basic knowledge.

Good = Happiness, Good things bring happiness to people who do good things, and/or practice a way of a good life.
Evil = Feelings of unhappiness, Evil things bring unhappiness, be it sadness, guilt, anger, pain, everything to people who do evil things, and/or practice a way of a bad life.

While morality is at your clearly "approven" "Devil is the ultimate creator" it looks like this:

Evil (overwighed) = Evil is happiness, Evil will bring you great things, Doing things deemed as evil will be a way of leading a good life.
Good (underweighed) = Feelings of unhapiness, Doing good things will bring you saddness, guild, anger, pain, everything that would come from doing something as simple as smiling.

Why do I say smiling, because it's been proven that the simple action of smiling actually deters the chemicals in your brain to cause you do be happy. And because it keeps everyone happy, the balance is -CLEARLY- still there.

Portrayal!

Damn it woman, you're high on my list of humans I want down here with me now, know that!

Avarice-ness
01-21-2008, 05:37 AM

Yeah, not going to work.

Portrayal!

Damn it woman, you're high on my list of humans I want down here with me now, know that!

And you're on my list for people I could easily outsmart.

If you hadn't noticed earlier, I'm a fan of money, meaning I'm going to hell by default for loving money nearly equal to the fiveish people I care about in the world. Money > All.

So yeah, don't worry, I was already destined for hell, but clearly you didn't know that.

The Devil
01-21-2008, 05:38 AM

Yeah, not going to work.

Portrayal!

And you're on my list for people I could easily outsmart.

If you hadn't noticed earlier, I'm a fan of money, meaning I'm going to hell by default for loving money nearly equal to the fiveish people I care about in the world. Money > All.

So yeah, don't worry, I was already destined for hell, but clearly you didn't know that.

Oh, I knew, girlie. I knew! I just want you here even more, now!

blackmage_nuke
01-21-2008, 05:47 AM

Well you didnt do a very good job

The Devil
01-21-2008, 05:49 AM

Well you didnt do a very good job

Well what can I say, I'm a glutton for punishment. :greenie:

Indeed, I just love PUNISHMENT of any kind. :jokey:

blackmage_nuke
01-21-2008, 05:59 AM
Then you must enjoy lame jokes
If you enjoy PUNishment

The Devil
01-21-2008, 06:00 AM
Then you must enjoy lame jokes
If you enjoy PUNishment

OK I'll actually admit that that one was bad.

blackmage_nuke
01-21-2008, 06:02 AM
Then you shouldve taken puns out of the human mind when you were planning this whole 'evolution' thing

The Devil
01-21-2008, 06:07 AM
Then you shouldve taken puns out of the human mind when you were planning this whole 'evolution' thing

Hey, I like some, just not all. :greenie: *snap*

Old Manus
01-21-2008, 08:35 AM
This is now a Creation vs Evolution thread

Avarice-ness
01-21-2008, 08:36 AM

Manus word is greater than Devils! TOPIC CHANGE TIME.

That seems like a fun idea for a thread.

Serapy
01-21-2008, 08:52 AM
a human created a bilble or religion
humans are fallible
therefore bible & religion are fallible.

Lynx
01-21-2008, 09:06 AM

finnaly ive been waiting for one for awhile now.

LanceOfTime
01-24-2008, 07:21 PM
dinosaurs came from lizards came from microorganizms.......rodents survived the meteor.....humans came from apes which came from rodents....of course very slowly and over millions...maybe billions of years

ShadowNINku
01-26-2008, 08:01 PM
we live in order to have pleasure and procreate, we will hurt others in order for our offspring to be better off but we can't go crazy on the whole world because we are stronger as a community, we are innately selfish in this way