PDA

View Full Version : What do YOU wanna be when YOU grow up ^_^

Sakura
01-21-2008, 07:05 PM
I have no idea, that's why my parents say I'm going to end up working at McDonalds and failing at life :)

escobert
01-21-2008, 07:07 PM
you're parents are crazy. How many times must I tell you this?

I dunno what I wanna do when I grow up!

snacks
It's a little early for you yet to really "know" what you want to be. You have along way to go. Hell, I'm 27 and I still have no idea what I want to do.

Sakura
Bert, shouldn't you be at work >:O

escobert
01-21-2008, 07:09 PM
leaving right now imo

Rye
01-21-2008, 07:09 PM
A Music Teacher! Specifically Chorus, because I sing, and I don't play instruments.

snacks
01-21-2008, 07:12 PM
I always wanted to be a meteorologist when I was growing up actually, and then it switched to rockstar a couple times in between "fazes". Now I really don't know honestly, I'd like to do something involving computers (lord knows I spent enough time on one) but I'm feeling a whole lot of cba'd.

Sakura
01-21-2008, 07:13 PM
So like talking via forum is better than MSN imo

rubah
01-21-2008, 07:13 PM
an astronaut

Raebus
01-21-2008, 07:17 PM
A time traveler. Me and my time machine would go back in time and change the past which changes the future.

snacks
01-21-2008, 07:18 PM
It wouldn't work! Darn it don't any of you spend mass amounts of time on Wikipedia reading about time travel? ;__;

Raebus
01-21-2008, 07:19 PM
Obviously not!

I learn all I know from back to the future and other future time traveling films.

crono_logical
01-21-2008, 07:20 PM
I've already grown up :p

*goes back to games and anime* :monster:

Sakura
01-21-2008, 07:20 PM
Haven't you guys seen that butterfly movie where they went back in time, smooshed a butterfly and when they went back the world was destroyed >:O!

snacks
01-21-2008, 07:21 PM
Obviously not!

I learn all I know from back to the future and other future time traveling films.

Haha, clearly BTTF set the standards on all time travel.

Raebus
01-21-2008, 07:22 PM
If you step on a bug in the past, the world changes and you'll probably go back to find your family and friends are part reptile.

snacks
01-21-2008, 07:23 PM
Or drink coffee with long lizard tongues.

Raebus
01-21-2008, 07:25 PM
Yes, and that. I've always wanted to be my own grand father, too.

rubah
01-21-2008, 07:26 PM
one time on the school bus in like 3rd grade, I saw a girl fluttering her eyelashes and sticking her tongue out and I had to wonder, what if she was a lizard-girl?

Sakura
01-21-2008, 07:27 PM
A thread on what you want to do when you grow up turned time travel :{
I BELIEVE THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END
Oh well, I guess we're gonna pretend

Raebus
01-21-2008, 07:30 PM
one time on the school bus in like 3rd grade, I saw a girl fluttering her eyelashes and sticking her tongue out and I had to wonder, what if she was a lizard-girl?

Theirs a lizard creature in every town, you just don't see them because they're hidden away in sewers. They come out at night to feed but on some occasions, they want to fit in so you saw someones reptile daughter that very day. Your lucky she didn't kill you after you noticed her horrible secret!

snacks
01-21-2008, 07:32 PM
You MUST be a time traveler! You know of things we don't!

Tell us more o' wise one!

Raebus
01-21-2008, 07:35 PM
When skt is 40, he's already bald and your wife attempts to kill you for your insurance money.

snacks
01-21-2008, 07:39 PM
:o THIS CANNOT BE!

/me cancels wedding.

Northcrest
01-21-2008, 07:40 PM
I've had ideas about being a heart surgeon and also working as a video game designer either way there both things i would want to become.

Sakura
01-21-2008, 07:42 PM
Heart surgeon and video game programmer are very different things
Or you could program heart surgery games
:o

Zeldy
01-21-2008, 08:03 PM
I really don't know, all of my preferred subjects are all really random, I'm really lazy too, so I'm just going to end up in an office or something. Maybe something in social, I really like Sociology and I'm taking Psychology at College, but I wouldn't mind being a journalist either.

snacks
01-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Cushy office jobs are the best though.
Getting paid to be on msn is pure win.

BardTard
01-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Famous in Japan.

Madame Adequate
01-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Evil Overlord.

smittenkitten
01-21-2008, 08:33 PM
I want to work in a zoo but that will never happen, so I guess it will just be an office for me. :(

Casey
01-21-2008, 08:47 PM
successful / alive / happy with what i got.

pretty much.

Breine
01-21-2008, 09:08 PM
I have no idea. I don't even know what I want to study at the university.. or if I even wanna go to the university. I whole-heartedly hope that I will have a revelation some time in the next year or so.

cloud21zidane16
01-21-2008, 09:19 PM
Cushy office jobs are the best though.
Getting paid to be on msn is pure win.

I think thats where ill end up:p If i do end up in an office im gonna revive this thread to tell everyone how right i was:D

Ouch!
01-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Published author. Assuming that I won't make a living off of my books, I'd also like to work as a lawyer involved in the publishing business.

The Devil
01-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Rule a firey underworld, where I have million's of demonic minions bowing to my every whim. It is there I plan the end of times. :bigsmile:

Oh wait...

Jess
01-21-2008, 10:28 PM
A clinical psychologist, forensic psychologist or a social worker. Something along those lines, anyway. :jess:

fire_of_avalon
01-21-2008, 10:37 PM
Rockstar.

Miriel
01-21-2008, 10:40 PM
It's a little early for you yet to really "know" what you want to be. You have along way to go. Hell, I'm 27 and I still have no idea what I want to do.

I disagree.

I think that once you hit around 20, you should have an idea of where you want to go. It doesn't have to be a permanent plan, it just has to be a plan. And the earlier, the better. Plans change, and goals evolve, and sometimes life takes you in a different direction. But you should have goals, always.

I am a student and part-time photographer right now. Once I graduate, I will become a full time wedding and portrait photographer. In 5 year's time, I want to open up my own studio space. By the time I am 30, I want to move away from portrait work and head into commercial photography work. Also around this time, I want to become a mommy.

By the time I'm 35, I want to have opened up the first of my multiple restaurants. I already have a venue in mind for my first venture. A little stand in Los Angeles' historic farmer's market would be perfect.

By the time I'm 40, I want to be an established photographer with my work having been printed in national publications. Around this time, I want to start weaning myself away from full-time photography work and do stuff more on a project to project basis. While I'm transitioning more toward part-time, I want to take care of my restaurants and try and get one or two food related franchises going.

I want to be retired and completely financially secure by the time I'm 50 so that I can take the time to travel the world.

So yeah, that's pretty much the plan! Let's see how closely I can stick to it. I'll check back in, in 30 years to tell y'all how it went.

Aerith's Knight
01-21-2008, 10:45 PM
Alive, married, 2 or 3 children(or more I'll see), with a Job in engineering and just generally happy

i dont think its too much to ask

LunarWeaver
01-21-2008, 10:45 PM
I don't have talent in anything and never bothered thinking about it much!~ I'll end up in an office with a low level job that's all routine boring and that's that. :grover: Ah, and to think when I was little I was going to be an astronaut-painter-cowboy-ninja.

Freya
01-21-2008, 11:02 PM
I want to be a journalist. I'm already blah blah editor of things blah, news brodcaster on local tv blah. But recently I figured a way to combine my journalism and my love of gaming! :D I'll write for a gaming magazine or like a website. That'd be pure awesome.

snacks
01-21-2008, 11:18 PM

I disagree.

I think that once you hit around 20, you should have an idea of where you want to go. It doesn't have to be a permanent plan, it just has to be a plan. And the earlier, the better. Plans change, and goals evolve, and sometimes life takes you in a different direction. But you should have goals, always.

I am a student and part-time photographer right now. Once I graduate, I will become a full time wedding and portrait photographer. In 5 year's time, I want to open up my own studio space. By the time I am 30, I want to move away from portrait work and head into commercial photography work. Also around this time, I want to become a mommy.

By the time I'm 35, I want to have opened up the first of my multiple restaurants. I already have a venue in mind for my first venture. A little stand in Los Angeles' historic farmer's market would be perfect.

By the time I'm 40, I want to be an established photographer with my work having been printed in national publications. Around this time, I want to start weaning myself away from full-time photography work and do stuff more on a project to project basis. While I'm transitioning more toward part-time, I want to take care of my restaurants and try and get one or two food related franchises going.

I want to be retired and completely financially secure by the time I'm 50 so that I can take the time to travel the world.

So yeah, that's pretty much the plan! Let's see how closely I can stick to it. I'll check back in, in 30 years to tell y'all how it went.

Well I agree with "goals in mind", that's a definite. But I think alot of people put emphasis waaaay too early on kids about what they should be when they are older, and kind of warps them into thinking "oh crap I gotta grow up right now." type of thinking.

I have goals, to clear it up I'm just not ambitious enough to follow through with them.

Heath
01-21-2008, 11:20 PM
Professional historian/history academic/history teacher type person. Failing that, I'll train as a solicitor or something. Wouldn't mind working in politics or the media though.

Miriel
01-21-2008, 11:29 PM
I want to be a journalist. I'm already blah blah editor of things blah, news brodcaster on local tv blah. But recently I figured a way to combine my journalism and my love of gaming! :D I'll write for a gaming magazine or like a website. That'd be pure awesome.

That sounds fantastic. Good luck with that!

Rye
01-21-2008, 11:39 PM

I disagree.

I feel inspired whenever I read your life plans. :3

I wish I had big plans like that. I used to, but I've kind of resigned to the fact that I'll just be an average teacher. xD I do wish I could do some art on the side though...

Rantz
01-21-2008, 11:41 PM
Jobwise, I'd like to land in the area Interaction Designer (anything from developing web sites or games to designing actual products), but I'm happy as long as it isn't a job that torments me for 40 years just so I can live my remaining 20 in a decent manner.

Lifewise, the single goal I have is to enjoy myself, for example by travelling and exploring new places, or just by relaxing with a good meal and a nice red wine to some good music.

Freya
01-21-2008, 11:48 PM

That sounds fantastic. Good luck with that!

Thanks :D It's what I plan on going to school for so I hope it works out!

Arc_Master_14
01-21-2008, 11:48 PM
I wanna be not dead unless im undead then your brains are mine

Martyr
01-22-2008, 01:38 AM
I've always said that I want to be a pyramid.

Now I just want to be happy. Or was it hippy?

I want to work in a zoo but that will never happen, so I guess it will just be an office for me. :(

Wait, why?

Old Man
01-22-2008, 01:46 AM

Dolentrean
01-22-2008, 01:53 AM
I wanna be some awesome guy... So I guess I am doing pretty good, hell... I could probobly drop out of school right now, I dont need my degree!

Chimp
01-22-2008, 04:08 AM
Bikini Inspector.

Evastio
01-22-2008, 04:10 AM
I'm not really happy with what I am right now.

I'm aiming for a job where I work with electricity though. (electrician, technician, etc.)

Martyr
01-22-2008, 04:19 AM
Bikini Inspector.

Some young men can and do get employment shaving showgirl's legs.
If I move out to Hollywood or somewhere, I think that'll be my starter job of choice.

Yamaneko
01-22-2008, 04:24 AM
I am and I don't know.

Denmark
01-22-2008, 05:20 AM

But, Old Man, you've been grown up for a long time!

I'm right now studying Computer Engineering. So you know, hopefully something with that.

Calliope
01-22-2008, 06:26 AM

I seriously spent a lot of time during my office job today refreshing the Auckland Zoo position description for Elephant Keeper and hoping that I was suddenly the perfect candidate.

escobert
01-22-2008, 06:33 AM

I seriously spent a lot of time during my office job today refreshing the Auckland Zoo posi<b></b>tion description for Elephant Keeper and hoping that I was suddenly the perfect candidate.

How aren't you!? :p

Calliope
01-22-2008, 06:39 AM
I attended an introduction to veterinary skills workshop almost exactly ten years ago and learnt that I was far too squeamish to earn qualifications in doctor dolittlism.

:(

*sadly writes out another "Save The Rainforest" postcard*

escobert
01-22-2008, 06:41 AM
well that's no good!

yeah my mom always wants me to get into medical stuff and I'm ewing at the thought.

Markus. D
01-22-2008, 07:39 AM
I have no idea, that's why my parents say I'm going to end up working at McDonalds and failing at life :)

I don't like your parents... not that they care.

Jiro
01-22-2008, 12:19 PM
Meh, I'll be happy with a well paid job. Anything to do with gaming would make it enjoyable though.

Caraliz
01-23-2008, 01:05 AM
i don't care what happens to me, as long as i find happiness within whatever i'm doing.