PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VIII-Rate the Game!

The Fat Bioware Nerd
01-21-2008, 07:11 PM
On a scale of one to ten what would you give this game? I think I'll give it a 6.5 because the story just wasn't very interesting IMHO.

rubah
01-21-2008, 07:33 PM
I thought the story was really interesting 8) 11~

Tallulah
01-21-2008, 09:29 PM
7/10.

Good enough game, but loses marks for plot holes larger than Canada. And Rinoa. :mad2:

cloud21zidane16
01-21-2008, 09:54 PM
7.5/10 Interesting and exciting story for majority of the game, but battles became repetitve and sometimes i find the levelling system annoying:rolleyes2

ff is da best
01-21-2008, 09:58 PM
8/10 because i said so and its cool

Captain Maxx Power
01-21-2008, 10:02 PM
Sexy/10 for Quistis.

Ashley Schovitz
01-22-2008, 02:29 AM
I give it a 7.5 because finding items for remodeling weapons was a bit tough the majority of my characters only had their weapons upgraded one time, the game has an interesting story although it's lacking with depth in the characters, but I say it manages better than XII, but there's also Disc 4 where you can't go back into any of the towns which prevents you from completing all the game's sidequests and the game doesn't give you any kind of hint that it won't let you go back: as soon as disc 4 starts, you're in battle.

Karellen
01-22-2008, 03:09 AM
7/10 sounds about right.

Ouch!
01-22-2008, 04:38 AM
7/10.

Good enough game, but loses marks for plot holes larger than Canada. And Rinoa. :mad2:
I really couldn't have put it better myself, although I'd argue that a seven is fairly generous.

Hazzard
01-22-2008, 11:30 AM
7/10

Good game, entertaining scenes. However, focused largely on only Squall and Rinoa, and ignored all other characters. Lame cover up with the whole "Orphanage" crap, but excellent top notch soundtrack. Nice rivalry between Squall and Seifer, his relationship with Laguna could of been elaborated on to with higher scales, and dealt with better. But hey, that's VIII for you...an unfinished piece of work.

Takero
01-23-2008, 04:15 PM
8/10
I really like this game, but i think it could have been better if the game was not centered on Squall that much.

leader of mortals
01-23-2008, 09:01 PM
7/10

It had triple triad!!!

Ouch!
01-24-2008, 01:28 AM
7/10

It had triple triad!!!
This is also a very important redeeming quality.

Bahamut2000X
01-24-2008, 03:18 AM

It had some good use of the FMVs early on which I loved (Quistis' intro and the transition from your walking to FMV level) was brilliant I thought. I liked the idea of the junction and magic and GF system, but it was poorly implemented I thought. The story was meh I thought. It was decent early on but once Edea appears it just goes down the crapper. I disliked the characters too, Zell, Selphie, Irvine, and Quistis kind of just were there 'cause, they had very little depth I felt and the game focused on the Squall-Rinoa love story more then it should. I give it props for the use of Garden, making a unique vehicle and the car and train system was nice, but I never made use of it unless I was bored. Over all it didn't feel too FF'ish and seemed more like an attempt to just push a sci-fi RPG.

Though I also hold very high expectations of FF's in general, so that's my main reason for a low score. >.>

ReloadPsi
01-24-2008, 10:37 AM
7, but that doesn't stop me thinking it's awesome. I'm just fully aware of its shortcomings and acknowledge them. Shortcomings like boring Laguna sequences (some of them are alright, some are dull as hell) and how broken the game is once you get magic refine abilities and all the stat Junctions.

Raebus
01-24-2008, 10:52 AM
Ha, the day FF8 deserves a 2 is the day I'll respect Aerith's Knight or the day monkeys fly.

Bolivar
01-25-2008, 01:03 AM
I'd give it a 9, but that's just me. I didn't like it when it came out, and only in the last 1-2 years it really grew on me in a huge way. I like it when games do that.

Wolf Kanno
01-26-2008, 01:36 AM
I give it an 8 (no pun intended) because the game was really daring and tried alot of new things at a time when RPGs were being accepted worldwide and just starting to get used to the genres personal traditions. I also give it props for its way of handling Squall as a character and watching him grow and mature in the story. Now granted VIII is a horribly flawed game and god knows it made so many wrong choices in almost every aspect of it. The Junction system needed to be balanced as well as the GFs and lord knows the limit breaks didn't help. The cast is actually interesting but never fleshed out and of course there are the story issues. It just seemed half finished to me...

Except for FFV (and VII after the Compilation fucked it all up), I feel VIII probably has one of the most disjointed stories and world designs in the series. There is little explanation of key elements and the world just seems off to me... Its a shame cause it held such potential and I love that about the game. Of all the FFs in the series I think VIII deserves the most expansion and hell, is the only game in the series that actually had enough loose ends to warrant a sequel.

Goldenboko
01-26-2008, 02:09 AM
This game was riddled with crap. I'm giving it a two. I could go on why I hate this game, but I don't even have the kinda of time to make a dent in it.

hhr1dluv
02-21-2008, 02:45 AM
I haven't played enough of it to really give a fair rating, though from what I've played, I think the story is excellent, the gameplay somewhat confusing. Based on what I've played, I'd give it an 9.1/10 (understand that I would give 10s to games like Chrono Trigger and FF VII, and 9.8s to games like Kingdom Hearts, Ocarina of Time, and FFX).

I also wanted to say this: wasn't FF VIII supposed to focus on a love story? Like, wasn't that a main focus of the game? If that was the case, then I don't think someone can bash the game for focusing on Squall and Rinoa. If someone's more informed, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. :)

LunarWeaver
02-21-2008, 02:56 AM
A 9. Back in the day it was the bee's knees.

Still has a plot superior to the crap most RPGs try to spill out.

Comet
02-21-2008, 03:31 AM
10/10. It's my favourite game of all time. You guys have to realise that the game came out in 1999, and if there is a few errors in the game, Square-Enix did perfect.

f f freak
02-21-2008, 03:55 AM
2/10

It deserves nothing more than this. The only reason I'm awarding it this score is because I liked Quistis, though she had hardly any development. They could have done a lot with her character. Squall and Rinoa annoyed me. Their 'love' was forced on us. You can't even call it love. Their, what, 17? Chances are, they'll last for a year or two and then they'll have a big fight over absolutely nothing. Seriously, I liked the first disc but then it just went to pieces and Zell, Selphie, Quistis and Irvine got left behind, while Squall and Rinoa had this fantastical time in space and crap like that. This game is lucky I gave it a two. Obviously, I'm feeling kind today.

Avarice-ness
02-21-2008, 05:37 AM
2/10

It deserves nothing more than this. The only reason I'm awarding it this score is because I liked Quistis, though she had hardly any development. They could have done a lot with her character. Squall and Rinoa annoyed me. Their 'love' was forced on us. You can't even call it love. Their, what, 17? Chances are, they'll last for a year or two and then they'll have a big fight over absolutely nothing. Seriously, I liked the first disc but then it just went to pieces and Zell, Selphie, Quistis and Irvine got left behind, while Squall and Rinoa had this fantastical time in space and crap like that. This game is lucky I gave it a two. Obviously, I'm feeling kind today.

Uh, the game is a love story, thus their love had to be forced or else the story would have lacked. Not to mention, most characters in FF are like 17 to 22 so looking at any of the "love stories" within any of the games with that kind of cynical outlook is pointless. It's like anime's with 12 year olds falling in love, no one questions that because 12 year old anime chara's are normal.

Either way, I give it a four out of ten.

NeoCracker
02-21-2008, 07:50 AM

I think by now you people know why I give it this score.

Roogle
02-21-2008, 01:43 PM
I would give it a 6.5 because of its gameplay. The Junction System had a few important flaws and was a little too open-ended for my liking.

Raebus
02-21-2008, 01:55 PM
This thread is pretty funny, especially the posts that give it 2/10 or lower. Oh you crack me up, should be a clown/comedian etc.

f f freak
02-21-2008, 07:39 PM
2/10

Uh, the game is a love story, thus their love had to be forced or else the story would have lacked. Not to mention, most characters in FF are like 17 to 22 so looking at any of the "love stories" within any of the games with that kind of cynical outlook is pointless. It's like anime's with 12 year olds falling in love, no one questions that because 12 year old anime chara's are normal.

I know it's a love story, though it does an awful job of that. Let me rephrase it then. Rinoa was forced on Squall. She was forced on the player. In the other FF games, while the love is forced, the characters aren't forced. Take FF X. You can tell Tidus and Yuna like each other at least a little bit and that slowly develops in the game leading up to the scene in Macalania. With Squall and Rinoa it's like, Rinoa flirts, Squall ignores, Rinoa goes into Coma, Squall goes crazy, Scene in space, Squall retreats into shell, more rubbish like that. The characters are like blocks.

We aren't talking about anime, we're talking about Final Fantasy.

Wolf Kanno
02-21-2008, 10:26 PM
2/10

I know it's a love story, though it does an awful job of that. Let me rephrase it then. Rinoa was forced on Squall. She was forced on the player. In the other FF games, while the love is forced, the characters aren't forced. Take FF X. You can tell Tidus and Yuna like each other at least a little bit and that slowly develops in the game leading up to the scene in Macalania. With Squall and Rinoa it's like, Rinoa flirts, Squall ignores, Rinoa goes into Coma, Squall goes crazy, Scene in space, Squall retreats into shell, more rubbish like that. The characters are like blocks.

I don't see a difference really. FF has always had a heavy anime vibe, especially post-FFV. I felt Yuna and Tidus' love was just as forced whereas I have seen Squall's romance in real life (first-hand actually). My interpretation of VIII is that the theme of Love is about Squall opening up to others, its not necessarily just about his romance with Rinoa...

f f freak
02-22-2008, 01:18 AM
2/10

I don't see a difference really. FF has always had a heavy anime vibe, especially post-FFV. I felt Yuna and Tidus' love was just as forced whereas I have seen Squall's romance in real life (first-hand actually). My interpretation of VIII is that the theme of Love is about Squall opening up to others, its not necessarily just about his romance with Rinoa...

Well, it all comes down to personal opinion. We can debate all day long, though it probably won't change anyone's opinion about the game. I dislike the story of FF8 for reasons I've already stated. You like it and I have no quarrel with that.

Ultima Shadow
02-25-2008, 12:51 AM
9/10

Would have given it 10/10 if it wasn't because of the lack of challenge.

JeonRina14
02-26-2008, 04:29 PM
Lol most people think the story was interesting xD just extremely messy to some people and plain stupid to others, but interesting haha ~ I liked the story but I do agree it was messy? and kind of stupid sometimes. But this is my favorite game ^^ so I give it an 8 =D

Yuna28
02-28-2008, 05:45 PM
9/10

I have played FF8 about 10 times i love the game and would give 10/10 but it is a little slow at times, i love Squall and Rinoa just wish there love was more convincing is all :)

the lynch clone
02-29-2008, 09:59 AM
I would give the game a 10.

I love the story. The graphics, for the time, were extraordinary. The music is also top-notch. I think the battle/leveling/junction systems were perfect, mainly because I really don't care to use magic. Ever. The only times I use magic is to cast meltdown and aura. This is to speed up the inevitable demise of the adversaries. Do I want the battle to last more than 14 seconds? Absolutely not. Dismember the enemies and leave. Mission accomplished.

As for the story, I shall repeat the statement in the previous paragraph; I love it. Why do people dislike the fact that it focuses on Squall and Rinoa? This may come as a surprise, but can you keep a secret? Squall is the protagonist! Of course the story focuses on him, and subsequently, Rinoa. Does anyone care if Zell was abused by overzealous nuns 10 years ago? Not really. The rest of the cast is there for support, hence the term "supporting cast." I think the story played out like a Hollywood movie, which I thought was interesting. It reminds me of Michael Bay films (Armageddon, Pearl Harbor). The idea of the story WAS to focus on Squall and Rinoa. Had they went in-depth more with the other characters, the story would have arbitrarily inane tangents, thus resulting in the liquification of the meager amount of gray matter currently residing in your cranial cavity.

The graphics were superb and the FMV sequences were brilliantly done. I've heard people say "Durrr, Finel Fantusey X had more betterer grafics than 8 did." Thanks for solving this quandary, Detective Holmes. I say it rivals graphics of PS2 games today. I am still in awe and elated when I see the ending movie. Even the pre-rendered backgrounds look phenomenal.

The leveling and junction systems were perfect as far as I am concerned. Finally, leveling up doesn't take up 138 hours of the 150 hour game. Don't correct that last sentence, it was merely an exaggeration. The junction system also rocked because everyone could do everything. Need a good fighter? Screw it, make 'em all fighters. Need a good magic caster? That last question was not really a question at all, for if you use magic to defeat the enemies, then you are inarguably weak and should cease playing this game forever.

The music was audible nirvana. Each piece was breathtaking and fit the moment of action/drama perfectly. The ending theme and The Successor are the standouts.

35. That's the number I lost count after. So I've played this game at least 35 times all the way through. Therefore my review is ultimate and any other review is shadowed by irrelevance. I'm sure some of you are thinking, "Hay you! Finul Fantesee 7 is more gooder than 8!!" Or perhaps pondering, "What nerve! Finnal Fanttessy X is the bestest of all!!! OMG, LMFAO!!!" I have played 7, 8, 9, 10, and 12 multiple times. I just find 8 the most intriguing. All are good games, I just prefer 8. End of story.

auberginedreams
03-09-2008, 12:59 AM
10. My second favorite only to VII.

toad626
03-11-2008, 10:49 PM
Ah the paradox of FF8. Good topic by the way. Great, game, good story but what ruined it for me were those damn summon sequences and the fact that until you picked up aura spells, summons were really the only consistent damage dealing attacks. Everything else was unreliable or weak. Combat relied too heavily on summons which were way to overpowered. I did love the story though. Of the PS1 stories I rank them 9, 8, then 7 (bash me all you want, I don't find leading emo punk tart chasing after second emo punk tart with an edifice complex mixing it all together with the gaia theory that interesting of a story so 7 earned last for me story wise of the PS1 generation). But because of 8's reliance on summons it drops way down. Changing my order of the ps1 generation of the overall score to 9,7,8. Which really sucks, cause 8 def had potential to blow 7 out of the water. And I'll ignore explaining 9 as it whipped the floor with both of them combined. I rank 8 an 8.

the lynch clone
03-12-2008, 06:49 AM
Really? You actually wasted time summoning? The way I see it, the GF's are only there for junctioning purposes only. I NEVER summon. That's one reason WHY I gave the game a 10; I never have to throw precious minutes away summoning. I barely ever use magic either. How is this possible? I can't tell you. I CAN tell you that after the Fire Cavern test, every monster (bosses not included) is a one hit-one kill type. Summoning is for douche fairies.

Talking about summoning, I believe that 9 is the game where it is a must. Two characters are so weak physically that summoning and healing are the only commands that they are capable of. I've got better things to do than summon. By better things I mean selling beer to 5th graders and entering nursing homes and replacing all the residents' Lipitor with Viagra and Cialis.

Bolivar
03-12-2008, 06:11 PM
I would give the game a 10.

I love the story. The graphics, for the time, were extraordinary. The music is also top-notch. I think the battle/leveling/junction systems were perfect, mainly because I really don't care to use magic. Ever. The only times I use magic is to cast meltdown and aura. This is to speed up the inevitable demise of the adversaries. Do I want the battle to last more than 14 seconds? Absolutely not. Dismember the enemies and leave. Mission accomplished.

As for the story, I shall repeat the statement in the previous paragraph; I love it. Why do people dislike the fact that it focuses on Squall and Rinoa? This may come as a surprise, but can you keep a secret? Squall is the protagonist! Of course the story focuses on him, and subsequently, Rinoa. Does anyone care if Zell was abused by overzealous nuns 10 years ago? Not really. The rest of the cast is there for support, hence the term "supporting cast." I think the story played out like a Hollywood movie, which I thought was interesting. It reminds me of Michael Bay films (Armageddon, Pearl Harbor). The idea of the story WAS to focus on Squall and Rinoa. Had they went in-depth more with the other characters, the story would have arbitrarily inane tangents, thus resulting in the liquification of the meager amount of gray matter currently residing in your cranial cavity.

The graphics were superb and the FMV sequences were brilliantly done. I've heard people say "Durrr, Finel Fantusey X had more betterer grafics than 8 did." Thanks for solving this quandary, Detective Holmes. I say it rivals graphics of PS2 games today. I am still in awe and elated when I see the ending movie. Even the pre-rendered backgrounds look phenomenal.

The leveling and junction systems were perfect as far as I am concerned. Finally, leveling up doesn't take up 138 hours of the 150 hour game. Don't correct that last sentence, it was merely an exaggeration. The junction system also rocked because everyone could do everything. Need a good fighter? Screw it, make 'em all fighters. Need a good magic caster? That last question was not really a question at all, for if you use magic to defeat the enemies, then you are inarguably weak and should cease playing this game forever.

The music was audible nirvana. Each piece was breathtaking and fit the moment of action/drama perfectly. The ending theme and The Successor are the standouts.

35. That's the number I lost count after. So I've played this game at least 35 times all the way through. Therefore my review is ultimate and any other review is shadowed by irrelevance. I'm sure some of you are thinking, "Hay you! Finul Fantesee 7 is more gooder than 8!!" Or perhaps pondering, "What nerve! Finnal Fanttessy X is the bestest of all!!! OMG, LMFAO!!!" I have played 7, 8, 9, 10, and 12 multiple times. I just find 8 the most intriguing. All are good games, I just prefer 8. End of story.

those are some good points, one that i always felt was that you can find plenty of examples of good stories in which the supporting cast doesn't get that much attention. They all at least received a minimal story about them just like main characters in other games.

And yes, I never summoned either, except for maybe the fight against Ifrit. But I do feel magic can be useful, it all depends on how you play. Triple demi on ruby dragons is one example of how useful it can be.

Roogle
03-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Really? You actually wasted time summoning? The way I see it, the GF's are only there for junctioning purposes only. I NEVER summon. That's one reason WHY I gave the game a 10; I never have to throw precious minutes away summoning. I barely ever use magic either. How is this possible? I can't tell you. I CAN tell you that after the Fire Cavern test, every monster (bosses not included) is a one hit-one kill type. Summoning is for douche fairies.

I was only 12 years old when this game was released. Unfortunately, I did not understand the purpose or methodology of the junctioning system and I had to spend a majority of my battles summoning or casting magic. I made it to the end of the game with no problem at all because the gameplay is too open-ended. You would think that it would have been difficult to get that far without using the main character enhancement system, right?

auberginedreams
04-03-2008, 03:53 AM
7, but that doesn't stop me thinking it's awesome. I'm just fully aware of its shortcomings and acknowledge them. Shortcomings like boring Laguna sequences (some of them are alright, some are dull as hell) and how broken the game is once you get magic refine abilities and all the stat Junctions.

Personally, I found the Laguna sequences to be the the most interesting part. I loved seeing Ellone grow up from a little girl and see how his relationships with the characters worked out. I also thought he was a great character overall, and he really reminded me of Zack Fair. Overall I'd say FFVIII gets a 10/10, it's probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite game of all time. Also, I don't know why people say that "the love story IS this game's story". I found it to be just one element of the large overall story. In addition, I think that the love story was meant to be more of a plot device for showing Squall's transition from self-centered jerk to a selfless leader than it was just because they wanted a love story.

Btw,the only thing I really hated was how the Garden was nearly impossible to control when using it as means of transportation.

Heath
04-08-2008, 11:21 PM
Probably give it a 7. Story was decent enough until disc 3, at which point I think it totally lost the plot at times. I generally consider the first two discs to be of a better quality than the second two. The gameplay was fun enough and the music is stellar. Triple Triad was great. Characters weren't particularly thrilling, but they were good enough. Currently replaying it at the moment and I think I look at this game more positively than I have in the past, but for me, personally, it's still one of the weaker games in the series.

bdon333
04-20-2008, 04:01 AM
9/10
the story was great..but the large plot holes are what holding it back from being perfect..along with magic becoming nearly useless (only for junctioning and Selphie)....but honestly i think Squall was one of the most interesting characters ever in a Final Fantasy...and no im not a Squall fanboy...it was just the first FF i REALLY got into...although ive played them all now

Momiji
04-20-2008, 04:23 AM
I would give FFVIII a 8/10. It's my favorite of the Playstation series. I really enjoyed the stories and I liked the characters, but the game was too easy, in my opinion, and I didn't care for how the game ended, really.

Aya Reiko
05-13-2008, 11:56 PM
2/10

Anyone who give this anything higher than a 5 needs to have their head checked or at least admit they are a Square fanboy (or girl). This game just plain SUCKED.

Plot -- Incoherent mess. The love story aspect was poorly developed.

Characters -- Worst... cast... ever. Squall is an emo angsty prick. Rinoa is a total skank. The rest of the cast combined has less depth than a sheet of paper.

Gameplay -- Hated it. I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate every aspect of the gameplay system.

1) Monsters level up as you do -- Unfortunately, this means enemies almost never posed a threat to you. AND there was no need to engage in random battles. I've seen someone beat the game with no character higher than level 13. That should not happen.

2) GFs -- If you don't spam these, you're an idiot. Seriously, they are both overpowered weapons AND meat shields in one neat package. Only in the final battle would a player deviate from spamming Gfs. Add on overlong summoning sequences and the tedious boosting system.

3) The junctioning system -- Oh joy, lets make your characters even more overpowered than they already are. Overly tedious unless you let the game automatic sort things out.

4) Magic -- Useless. Worse yet, using magic HURTS your character if it's junctioned in any way.

4b) The Draw system -- Oh My God. Nothing, nothing was more tedious than this.

5) Weapons/Melee Combat --Pointless. Why use weapons when you can have your GFs do the fighting for you? Upgrading weapons was pointless (except for Squall) and tedious.

sillybuttons™
05-30-2008, 07:00 PM
7247509435792374876985675276452931491659659165329415239615239645329715932191276591759413259451239475 12949213 out of 10. This game is just awesome. :mog:

Plot -- Brilliant. A paradox. Who really seen that coming???

Characters -- Best... cast... ever. Selphie rules...... Fact.

Gameplay -- Loved it. I love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love every aspect of the gameplay system.

1) Monsters level up as you do -- Which means you have to use skill and tactics to beat a lot of enemies. have you ever seen anyone beat a malboro on level 13?

2) GFs -- More than overpowered weapons AND meat shields in one neat package. They add amazing versility to your characters and thier skills.

3) The junctioning system -- Oh joy, Unique, versitile and challenging.

4) Magic -- Useful. Has more than one use.

4b) The Draw system -- Neat way to stock up on magic and get extra GFs.

5) Weapons/Melee Combat -- Upgrading weapons from what you learn in magazines is an inspired idea. And the limit breaks you can get from some of them are tremendous and eye pleasing to watch.

Vivisteiner
05-30-2008, 07:24 PM
8.8/10

Its still my least favourite FF though.

Dreddz
05-30-2008, 09:08 PM
On a scale of 1-10? Probably a 9. And even with a 9 its still one of my least favourites Final Fantasy titles. What redeems FFVIII to me is the Junction system, I actually thought it was really cool. Everything else is so-so. The music is some of Uematsu's worst and the plot, while its got nothing I hate, just wasnt for my tastes. But yeah, the Junction system was cool.

ReloadPsi
05-30-2008, 10:35 PM
2/10

Anyone who give this anything higher than a 5 needs to have their head checked or at least admit they are a Square fanboy (or girl).

Shut up. You're allowed to dislike the game but don't treat people like idiots for not agreeing. Some of us like customising our characters, some of us like how stupidly powerful you can get. That's the whole point of RPGs.

sillybuttons™
06-01-2008, 01:41 PM
2/10

Anyone who give this anything higher than a 5 needs to have their head checked or at least admit they are a Square fanboy (or girl).

Shut up. You're allowed to dislike the game but don't treat people like idiots for not agreeing. Some of us like customising our characters, some of us like how stupidly powerful you can get. That's the whole point of RPGs.

:up:RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb::mog:

daggertrepe
06-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Sexy/10 for Quistis.

I second that.

No actually, I would give it an 8 because Rinoa is SO ANNYOING and time compression still makes no sense. I JUST beat the game two days ago. What a doozie!

That being said, I like VII, X, and especially IX better.

Polaris
06-16-2008, 03:28 PM
9.5! Different story, cool battles, amazing graphics, the only reason why it does not have a 10 it's Rinoa... one of the main character should be less hateble!XD The only good characters were Quistis, Selphie, Zell and Seifer! The weapons were also sooo cool! The idea of Quistis' whip.... :drool:

daggertrepe
06-16-2008, 03:41 PM
Quistis gave the game like 5 points more rating for me. Selphie for the other 3! Those two make up the best party! :)

Hyperion4444
08-13-2008, 07:09 PM
10/10

champagne supernova
08-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Sexy/10 for Quistis.

I second that.

No actually, I would give it an 8 because Rinoa is SO ANNYOING and time compression still makes no sense. I JUST beat the game two days ago. What a doozie!

That being said, I like VII, X, and especially IX better.

I once read someone's take on Time Compression. It was like reading through the General Theory of Relativity it was so complex.

I'd rate the game a 9, and I'd say I liked VII & VIII equally. There were some elements I prefered in VII, some in VIII, but on balance, they were about the same for me.

DarkBahamut
08-18-2008, 06:46 AM
Gameplay -
10/10: for Junction...FF7 and FF8 have the best gameplay and battle functions.

Story -
9.5/10: for a good detailed story, but only a 9.5 for abnormal reasons and he abnormalities...The lack of being normal...ROFL

Music -
10/10: for KICK@$$!

Rocket Edge
08-19-2008, 07:17 PM
10/10

My all time favourite game.

Cleric
08-19-2008, 09:43 PM
I'd probably give it an 8.5. The music is excellent(I'm actually listening to the track The Mission right now). Def. one of my favorite scores of any ff. The gameplay was great on the whole. I liked the GF/Junctioning system, however I also felt like it gave this game an easiness that reduce its replayability. I mean, an aura spell + a holy war + omega weapon=laughably easy defeat. Granted you don't have to use these things, but they are there so...The story was also one of my favorites of all time, despite some of the complexities and loop holes...not to mention all the R=U theories. Anyway, that's my spiel