PDA

View Full Version : Everyone has one.

snacks
01-21-2008, 09:01 PM
Everyone has a few dark secrets in their past, things they'd rather not discuss with anyone, burn pictures of evidence of them having etc.

So my question is..

What fads/trends did you follow in the past that you wish you hadn't?

Mine was flannel. Fat kid + flannel = bad news.

You?

Breine
01-21-2008, 09:09 PM
Pokémon.

Madame Adequate
01-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Spice Girls.

Rye
01-21-2008, 09:27 PM
Spice Girls.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA OH MY GOD OHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHHAHAH

EVEN I DIDN'T GET INTO THE SPICE GIRLS, AND I WAS 5 AT THE TIME
AHAHAHAHA!!!!1

WHICH ONE DID YOU CRUSH ON!>?

Old Manus
01-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Politics

I'm stuck with it for life now

LunarWeaver
01-21-2008, 09:32 PM
I can't seem to remember any. I don't think I was popular enough for things like trends, not even the bad ones. But being unpopular is now a trend, so I was simply a pioneer.

leader of mortals
01-21-2008, 09:34 PM
Yu-gi-oh... games, cards, cartoons:(

Zeldy
01-21-2008, 09:35 PM
Spice Girls.

I..I still listen to them ;___;!

The Devil
01-21-2008, 09:39 PM
I was the original wildchild. Rebellion and revolt were big back then.

Raebus
01-21-2008, 09:39 PM
I used to listen to the spice girls too. D:

Shauna
01-21-2008, 09:42 PM
Yes, the Spice Girls. A dark mark on our histories. :(

The Devil
01-21-2008, 09:44 PM
Pokémon.

Anyone remember Monster Rancher?

Rye
01-21-2008, 09:49 PM
Pokémon.

Yes. xD I wasn't into that though. I was into Pokemon/Digimon.

Ouch!
01-21-2008, 09:49 PM
Pokémon, I guess. Considering that I just played Diamond and Pearl when they came out, though... I'm not sure I could consider myself over it.

Disco Potato
01-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Pokémon.

Spice Girls.

I still enjoy both of those. I'm so uncool :jess:

I regret getting into beanie babies and furbies :mad:

BardTard
01-21-2008, 10:02 PM
*goes all Chris Crocker* LEAVE THE SPICE GIRLS ALONE!

As for the topic. Britney.

ff is da best
01-21-2008, 10:06 PM
pokemon like hard lol

i was like a pokemon freak back then but now im not into it anymore.

Miriel
01-21-2008, 10:12 PM
I embrace and think fondly of all the fads of my youth.

Tamagotchi, pogs, Spice Girls, Pokemon, all good stuff. :)

smittenkitten
01-21-2008, 10:14 PM
I was into the Spice Girls and Pokémon. I had the Pokémon trading cards and a girl power necklace. ^__^

Tallulah
01-21-2008, 10:24 PM
Neon shellsuits. The type that melted if they got too near fire.

I was heartbroken the day my shellsuit pants ripped, and I grew out of my shellsuit jacket. I was about eight at the time.

fire_of_avalon
01-21-2008, 10:31 PM
I was too cool.

Jess
01-21-2008, 10:37 PM
SPICE GIRLS. D:

Shlup
01-21-2008, 10:39 PM
I FEEL NO SHAME!

blackmage_nuke
01-21-2008, 10:52 PM
Pokémon.

That was the first think i thought of, i still have a poster

Garnie
01-21-2008, 10:57 PM
Pokemon, Spice Girls, Busted and Lexx.
I still dont understand why i have the entire 1dt, 2nd and 3rd seasons of Lexx! There even the limeted Addition ones as well
???????

Rantz
01-21-2008, 11:50 PM
Um, when I was like 10, I coloured my hair orange and wore a leather jacket to school. What I didn't realize at the time was that the punker fad was a decade dead.

snacks
01-21-2008, 11:52 PM
Um, when I was like 10, I coloured my hair orange and wore a leather jacket to school. What I didn't realize at the time was that the punker fad was a decade dead.

I dyed my hair red at one point, which was a terrible mistake because 1. Manic Panic is probably the worst hairdye on the planet

and 2. Because it turned pink within 2 days. So that was fun explaining to people. I went through a "punk/punker" stage myself but it only lasted long enough for me to realize how ridiculous I looked.

Thank goodness for that.

Madame Adequate
01-22-2008, 12:07 AM
Pokemon, Spice Girls, Busted and Lexx.
I still dont understand why i have the entire 1dt, 2nd and 3rd seasons of Lexx! There even the limeted Addition ones as well
???????

Because Lexx is totally, seriously awesome in every possible way and it should be legally required to view at least once per year?

Dolentrean
01-22-2008, 12:16 AM
Politics

I'm stuck with it for life now

Ditto, damn economics teacher got me stuck in that fad. I mean I am still looking forward to finally voting in the primarys, stupid fad...

Martyr
01-22-2008, 12:40 AM
Final Fantasy?

Holylulu
01-22-2008, 12:21 PM
Tamgotchi... I buyed lots o them... cause they all died ... well I'm not a good mum I thought...:mad:

Jiro
01-22-2008, 12:28 PM
All the ones in primary school. Damn waste of time and money. But I'll never forget the day my beyblade shattered the other guy's. That was a proud day...

KuRt
01-22-2008, 02:13 PM
I used to listen to Eminem and Britney Spears :(

Breine
01-22-2008, 03:05 PM
Pokémon.

Yes. xD I wasn't into that though. I was into Pokemon/Digimon.

Oh God, I had totally and happily forgot about Digimon...

louby_4eva
01-22-2008, 03:34 PM
Why would anyone regret following a fad if they enjoyed it? I get maybe regretting it if you listened to spice girls and ripped your hair out because you hated it, but if you listened to it and enjoyed it, danced to it, then regretting it is just plain silly. If you followed a fad that you didn't like then that is just silly as well. Personally, I loved every fad that I went through because at the time it made me happy :D :D :D

Smile and Be happy :love:

Quindiana Jones
01-22-2008, 08:22 PM
I had the best collection of Pokemon cards in my whole town. I'm pretty sure I had the best collection in all the surrounding villages etc too. Not include the hardcore 20 year olds who were spending hundreds on them. I was a wee lad.

Martyr
01-22-2008, 09:24 PM
Oh that's right...

I collected Star Wars Cards

Cleansation
01-22-2008, 10:07 PM
I liked limp bizkit at one time.:eek:

James Leopold
01-22-2008, 10:47 PM
Star Wars!

Caraliz
01-22-2008, 10:47 PM
101 dalmatians & all the other disney movies. :love:

scrumpleberry
01-22-2008, 11:01 PM
Pokémon is all I can think of right now. I had Pokémon Red and a bunch of rubbish cards with a few really good ones, and LOADS AND LOADS of Pokémon toys. Like, about 30.

I had a poster with all the first gen Pokémon on, and I could recite them IN ORDER BY HEART WITHOT TRYING TO LEARN.

I've always been a hardcore Pokémon fan. I've never liked Digimon, I stayed true to my pokéroots. I was a solid believer that Digimon was a ripoff of Pokémon, although I've heard people say it was the other way round, and I'm not sure if they were really pioneers in the "MAKE STUFF FIGHT FOR YOU" genre.

Anyway, I was small at the time so I don't really care too much.

I had one Tamagotchi, it died ridiculously quickly.

Oh God, and does anyone remember those horrible squishy yoyos that got banned from schools because kids were seriously injuring one another? Yeah, I had about five of them.

I had a few Barbies and Barbie Horses. Fun to torture, although I never quite shaved their heads, flushed them down the loo or ripped them limb from limb. I french knitted a tail for one of the horses when hers fell out. It was very impressivve, actually.

I had two Furbies: a big one and a baby one. I LOVED MY FURBIES!

I collected Beanie Babies. I've still got them all somewhere...Actually, one of them is staring at me right now. Hello Poofie! I also collected Jelly Cats toys, but that wasn't really a fad.

I have an ancient Neopets account, a slightly less ancient Gaia account, I joined bebo and Piczo due to peer pressure and hated them both.

Thankfully, I never got into pop groups. Worst thing about the nineties, in my opinion. Especially boy bands. Urrrrgh. The Spice Girls were pretty awesome, but I didn't really like them.

(p.s. my favourite pokémon was Nidorino.)

edit:

*goes all Chris Crocker* LEAVE THE SPICE GIRLS ALONE!

LULZ. It's not nice to make fun of him. But...he is funny.

double edit: Oh, and I dunno about you, but collecting conkers in the Autumn was a very big thing for us. CONKERS WERE SERIOUS BUSINESS. We had a truly MASSIVE store under a tree at school, TRULY MASSIVE, accumulated over many years, and when we left the juniors and found out they'd gotten rid of all of them a few years later, we were gutted.

James Leopold
01-22-2008, 11:04 PM
Oh god, and does anyone remember those horrible squishy yoyos that got banned from schools because kids were seriously injuring one another? Yeah, I had about five of them.

I loved those. I was gutted when they were banned.

Martyr
01-23-2008, 02:16 AM
(p.s. my favourite pokémon was Nidorino.)

Word.

Vincent, Thunder God
01-23-2008, 11:13 AM
Spice Girls.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA OH MY GOD OHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHHAHAH

EVEN I DIDN'T GET INTO THE SPICE GIRLS, AND I WAS 5 AT THE TIME
AHAHAHAHA!!!!1

WHICH ONE DID YOU CRUSH ON!>?

Lolz I'm somewhat shamed to admit that I too was caught up in that particular fad.

Personally I was gunning for bedding Posh. Still am, tbph. :exdee:

snacks
01-23-2008, 05:14 PM
Fuck all of you who said Pokemon: I still play it. Hating Pokemon ended in 5th grade.
I still want to play Diamond >_>

I used to like Nu-Metal and wear Orange.

Yeah so did I, I remember I had this huge orange hoodie that I thought was the coolest thing ever, and these baggy baggy pants with a orange stripe down the side. And I thought I was just the coolest thing ever.

Boy am I glad that's over.

Quindiana Jones
01-23-2008, 08:22 PM
The Pokemon GameBoy games kick ass. Easily the greatest games on GameBoy, along with Mario.