PDA

View Full Version : final fantasy

ff is da best
01-21-2008, 10:03 PM
how did you start playing final fantasy and what got you into it?

me well i first played final fantasy when i was like 7 i played it on a demo which i had got when i purchased a ps1 magazine.
the demo was all about ff8 and was very unique to games i was use to like crash bandicoot lol.

after playing the demo i really wanted to play the real deal so i went out and brought ff8 and so brang me into the world of FINAL FANTASY.

Vermachtnis
01-21-2008, 10:52 PM
I played Mystic Quest way back in the day. Then I saw II at the rental place and decided to get it. Pretty much started like that.

BTW that was IV.

Garnie
01-21-2008, 10:55 PM
i remember my brother buying VII and he was playing it in his room one day. I popped in to see what game it was and watched him . iv been in love with FF ever since.( he named Cloud Dale cool)

Namelessfengir
01-21-2008, 11:23 PM
i first play ffx at my cousins place but didn't really get into ff un till i got a ps2 in 03

cloud21zidane16
01-22-2008, 12:33 AM
My uncle was playing Final Fantasy VII and was only at reactor 1, i picked up the controller and started running around and he said i was probably too young to understand what was going on and how to win battles:p He gave up at the second boss becasue he didnt have the time and i bought it myself and have mastered it, i sure proved him wrong!:D

Gilthanes
01-22-2008, 02:12 AM
first rpg I ever played (aside from zelda) was super mario rpg on snes. After that my friend recommended Final fantasy, so he loaned me his nes FFI. I played it, I liked it, then I rented FF3 (VI) on snes, played it, loved it (alot), then that same friend let me try his FF2 (IV), I didnt keep it, tried it and liked it. Shortly after that VII came out and I was locked in

Roto13
01-22-2008, 02:31 AM
I played around with IV and then VI at my cousin's house. Then I borrowed my friend's SNES and his copy of VI and fell in love. :P

Bahamut2000X
01-22-2008, 03:13 AM
I was like 3 or 4 and my brother and sister got it as one of the only games we ever did buy for Nintendo. Being young I never really got into it too much, but I watched them play. I tried it a bit, but I never got too far having the patience of a chipmunk, and being a freaking midget at the time. Furthest I ever managed to get as a child playing was like somewhere around Lich. Few years passed, I got older, and we got FFIV on SNES, it was the first true FF I managed to play through and beat when I was like 6 or somewhere around that point, granted over the course of like a year + to beat it, and randomly jumping in playing the game on different save slots. >.>

Been hooked ever since.

Ichimonji
01-22-2008, 11:59 AM
Well it started when my friend first moved into this house fourteen years ago in 1991. We were seven years old and we were browsing around the house when we found this cartridge for the SNES that said Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV). We played it not knowing what Final Fantasy or an RPG was. We started from the file that was already on the game; it happened to be on the Moon right before the very end of the game, close to fighting Zemus. So we figured out the jist of it and beat the game. We then decided that we loved it, so we started over from the beginning, playing it day after day. That's when I became hooked.

From that day on I've been a huge fan of Final Fantasy. So when FFIII (FFVI) came out after a few years, we naturally swooned over the game. Anyway, I've been an avid fan ever since. I own pretty much every American release to date (I'm missing FFI Anniversary and War of the Lions for PSP). And unlike most pompous old schoolers, I actually enjoy the new releases.

Wow, Final Fantasy has consumed seventeen years of my life.

Jiro
01-22-2008, 01:13 PM
It's probably something I should remember clearly, but all that time in front of the TV has killed my memory. I believe my sister first introduced me when I was really young, either to FF VI or VII. But it wasn't until I turned about six (probably closer to seven) that I picked myself up a copy of FF VII and played it properly.

Gilghamut
01-22-2008, 02:47 PM
I was a freshman in highschool the time FFVII came out. I was at a store, desperately looking for a game that could cure my boredom of the games that were already out, and then I stumbled upon FFVII. It caught my eye and wouldn't let go. Within the first 30 minutes of playing it I was hooked.

Roogle
01-22-2008, 06:42 PM
I began playing Final Fantasy when I was about five years old. I played Final Fantasy IV and went back to play Final Fantasy I at about that age.

ljkkjlcm9
01-22-2008, 08:40 PM
My family played FFI, and I sat, unknowing of anything, and watched. The characters were named after me, my two brothers, and Mom. I was the fighter, and I loved the game because I was the one to always live in the party. I didn't really understand it when they were first playing, just that i was the only guy standing hitting stuff. As I grew up I played it on my own, then when we got an SNES, I saw other Final Fantasy titles and had to pick them up.

THE JACKEL

ff is da best
01-23-2008, 06:24 AM
i was just wondering what is a SNES ive never heard of it????

qwertysaur
01-23-2008, 06:31 AM
I started with I. I would love to play it over and over, but I never could beat Astos before I started a new file.

Jiro
01-23-2008, 06:33 AM
Super Nintendo Entertaiment System. Right? I missed all the SNES games, was too young to play. But I've picked up the GBA/DS ports of I, II, III, IV and VI and I have the Anthology Version of V. No VI with it though...

ff is da best
01-23-2008, 07:52 PM
oh so thats what it is. i remember going over my frends place and he had a super nintendo, i think we were playing street fighter or some other fighting game i dont remember lol

Avarice-ness
01-24-2008, 05:21 AM
FFVI when it was FFIII on the SNES, I got it for Xmas 'cause my family was already pro-FF. My older sister had the first FF on the NES, so when I was 9 and FFIII(VI) came out I got it 2 months later for x-mas.

Then I played FFII(IV) about 6 months after playing FFIII(VI). :D

Cloud88
03-13-2008, 01:40 PM
I was strolling through Virgrin and went to the game section, as I had just recently gotten a Playstation. I saw FFVII and FFVIII sitting right next to each other and picked them up and bought them. A complete fluke. Oh, if only I had known, that on that fateful day so long ago, I would discover the series to end all series'..........

Vyk
03-13-2008, 09:47 PM
FFI on NES. My brother got both. Probably because I had gotten Dragon Warrior with my Nintendo Power subscription and he liked that game and they were pretty similar. It was his NES. His FF. So I guess he introduced me. I inherited both when he "grew up" :] I got FF4 and 6 with an SNES a friend of mine was selling when I was in middle school. This was quite a bit after SNES rave had died. And the FF titles were getting old at the time. I had always hated Nintendo (avid Sega fan at the time). But it was a good deal and a chance to catch up on things I'd missed

I also hated Sony from the start. But that same friend had a Playstation and made me watch him play FF7 one day. Then had me look after his system and games while he went on vacation or something... Previous ventures with FF were chance encounters. But something about 7 stuck with me. Had the family get me a Playstation and the game to quench my thirst and tried to follow dedicatedly after that. Except the games haven't been quite as fun since (imho). 9 was the last one I played to completion. And even that felt like a chore. I don't think I'm a pompous old-schooler. But I just can't enjoy any of the new ones. I played all the way through X and lost interest just before Sin. Twice. And XII I clocked in maybe ten hours. After losing interest in the first couple hours. I gave up. I don't have much hope for enjoying the series anymore but FFVI and VII will always haunt me (in a good way)

Alucard von Elru
03-14-2008, 03:47 AM
I got into FF in '99. I had gotten my hands on a demo of FFVIII and found an old demo of FFVII. I tried and enjoyed both, and my parents got me them for my birthday at the time. I was more attracted to VIII, so it was the one I played first.

Fast forward to now, and I'm actually still trying to collect them all. I have so many other series to collect stuff for, and I try to keep them all relatively balanced. :P

Bakamut
03-15-2008, 12:10 PM
I actually only recently got into Final Fantasy. I think I was bored one day and on IGN looking at games when I decided to look up Final Fantasy because it's popular and I'd heard that it's good. I looked at a few and downloaded FFII (IV) for SNES and played that. I got addicted, however, the emulator doesn't seem to let you go diagonal so I got stuck underground and couldn't progress any further in the game :(