PDA

View Full Version : Confidence boosters!!! <3

mooglebunni608
01-22-2008, 02:42 AM
I was at a sci-fi-fantasy convention for the past three days, and at first I was feeling like my usual ugly self, but then people started asking if they could take pictures of me, and one of the dealers asked if I would model a dress for her, and by the end I was feeling very good about myself.

Ever get a confidence booster from a complete stranger?
Don't you just love it?
Ever give them out?

Namelessfengir
01-22-2008, 03:06 AM
a few times

Rye
01-22-2008, 03:28 AM
I eat confidence boosters like Strawberry Pocky, because I have no self-esteem. Nom Nom Nom!

Dolentrean
01-22-2008, 03:31 AM
I am an egomanic, so I love it when people boost my ego... Like this one time... this girl Rye, maybe you heard of her, made me a part of this group called the Cute Boy Luv Luv club... that was a pretty nice ego boost.

Rye
01-22-2008, 03:33 AM
I am an egomanic, so I love it when people boost my ego... Like this one time... this girl Rye, maybe you heard of her, made me a part of this group called the Cute Boy Luv Luv club... that was a pretty nice ego boost.

It was a unanimous decision between me and Milfy~ ;D

Dolentrean
01-22-2008, 03:36 AM
Well that Mr. MILF is one hell of a good looking and charming guy if I do say so my self :jokey:

(See, I sometimes give confidence boosters)

Raven Nox
01-22-2008, 03:55 AM
I don't have a lot of self esteem, so it's always nice to get confidence boosters. It's even better when you don't know the person, because you don't feel like they're saying it just to make you feel better.

I can't remember the last time I got one though. :(

Martyr
01-22-2008, 04:00 AM
Sometimes people think I'm cute or smart or interesting upon first meeting me.

I hate compliments or speculations that I appreciate from strangers becuase they make me feel like I suddenly have something to live up to, and, eventually, I always fail to maintain those expectations, and then there's always the confused, "I thought you were more ..."

Screw you and your assumptions masked as compliments. My character is everchanging.

Evastio
01-22-2008, 04:01 AM
It's so strange how most of you pretty girls are so hard on yourself and keep thinking you're ugly. :confused:

I can't believe I said that out loud and not in a PM. :yuck:

Seraphic
01-22-2008, 04:01 AM
I kinda feel wierd when I get it from people I don't know.
Actually, I feel more wierded out when people compliment me on the way I dress as opposed to what I look like.
Wierdest one I ever got was that I had nice skin 0.0.
As to giving them out, I give them out often,but only to people I know,lol.
New hairdos and outfits are in need of compliments *nod*

Creeping Shadow
01-22-2008, 10:05 AM
It's so strange how most of you pretty girls are so hard on yourself and keep thinking you're ugly. :confused:

I can't believe I said that out loud and not in a PM. :yuck:

Thats what always gets me too.

Jess
01-22-2008, 12:55 PM
I'm not very self-confident so it's nice to recieve compliments, but sometimes I'm really bad at accepting them. xD

I try to give people compliments because it makes them happyy~

Loony BoB
01-22-2008, 01:31 PM
Back in the day, I wasn't very self confident. These days, I'm happy with how I am. It's great.

I give out compliments to the people I feel deserve them, particularly my friends. Makes me happy to make them happy.

Jiro
01-22-2008, 01:59 PM
I don't care much for the opinion of many people at my school, but I give out credit where it's due. Can't have people feeling down on my watch.
But really, I just got thanked for that not 20 minutes ago. Damn I'm good

Peegee
01-22-2008, 04:18 PM
I don't like hearing Thank you from people and I don't react to compliments very well.

I don't give myself compliments either and I refrain from giving them out except when I'm sure they will come across platonic.

In short I don't need confidence boosters but I'm also a freak of nature so it doesn't matter.

smittenkitten
01-22-2008, 04:26 PM
I like giving people compliments, it makes people happee! =) I tend not to listen to the compliments and disagree with everything. Daniel should know. :greenie:

Old Manus
01-22-2008, 05:23 PM
It's so strange how most of you pretty girls are so hard on yourself and keep thinking you're ugly. :confused: It's called fishing for compliments

The Devil
01-22-2008, 06:50 PM
I was at a sci-fi-fantasy convention for the past three days, and at first I was feeling like my usual ugly self, but then people started asking if they could take pictures of me, and one of the dealers asked if I would model a dress for her, and by the end I was feeling very good about myself.

You do realize your audience was nerds hungry for - female companionship, shall we say - don't you?

(Don't mind me, I'm just yanking your chain. You're rather cute yourself.)

There, I gave a confidence booster (backhanded though it twas). Happy now?

Zeldy
01-22-2008, 07:09 PM
The last time that I remember something like this happening, I was in a toilet or something, and I was just saying that I thought I looked stupid because I am quite eccentric in the way I dress; sometimes I feel comfortable and sometimes I feel way out of place, and this random woman was all "I think you like nice. Very unique" and then left.

The Devil
01-22-2008, 07:11 PM
The last time that I remember something like this happening, I was in a toilet or something, and I was just saying that I thought I looked stupid because I am quite eccentric in the way I dress; sometimes I feel comfortable and sometimes I feel way out of place, and this random woman was all "I think you like nice. Very unique" and then left.

How sweet.

It's what's behind the clothes that matters though. :jokey:

Quindiana Jones
01-22-2008, 07:54 PM
I like random compliments. I give them more than I receive them though. It's not the sort of thing normal people do to strangers, but I don't give a toss.

mooglebunni608
01-22-2008, 09:17 PM

You do realize your audience was nerds hungry for - female companionship, shall we say - don't you?

(Don't mind me, I'm just yanking your chain. You're rather cute yourself.)

There, I gave a confidence booster (backhanded though it twas). Happy now?

Aw, thanks. I'm used to looking frumpy (because I spend most of my time inside and have no reason to trim my hair or wear nice things) so I forgot that I looked nice. So it was a good sort of suprise <3

Cleansation
01-22-2008, 09:32 PM
Me and my friends were walking to one of the friends home when we meet 2 swedish girls and starts talking with them, we had a bit to drink but the swedes was sober and suddendly i find myself making out with one of them and she was really damm hot (read : way over my standard ;) )

That was a damm big confidence booster. :p

scrumpleberry
01-22-2008, 11:35 PM
I like random compliments. I give them more than I receive them though. It's not the sort of thing normal people do to strangers, but I don't give a toss.

High five! Random compliments~!

I'll tend to do it about people's dogs more often than them though, because I think that was it's a little less worrying for them.

Evastio
01-23-2008, 12:41 AM
It's called fishing for compliments
If that is the truth, I have to say their way of getting compliments is a lot better than those puffed up women who think they deserve so much respect and expect everyone to praise them.

I abhor egotistical people like that.

In a way, I actually like it when girls are inconfident about their looks because it makes them so modest and humble.

Jiro
01-23-2008, 05:32 AM
It's called fishing for compliments
If that is the truth, I have to say their way of getting compliments is a lot better than those puffed up women who think they deserve so much respect and expect everyone to praise them.

I abhor egotistical people like that.

In a way, I actually like it when girls are inconfident about their looks because it makes them so modest and humble.

I hate egotists too. They really get on my nerves. But I also hate the skinny twig-like girls that keep complaining about being fat. It gets irritating.
I asked a few of my female friends yesterday if my complimenting them was a tad sleazy. They said no :) but I was worried as hell.

Old Manus
01-23-2008, 08:51 AM
In a way, I actually like it when girls are inconfident about their looks because it makes them so modest and humble.That's the point I was making. Some girls aren't inconfident at all, they just pretend they are so people say 'omg no ur special!4'

Yeah, I'm butthurt over this

Vincent, Thunder God
01-23-2008, 09:00 AM
In a way, I actually like it when girls are inconfident about their looks because it makes them so modest and humble.That's the point I was making. Some girls aren't inconfident at all, they just pretend they are so people say 'omg no ur special!4'

UM yesh - I totally agree with the both of ya. But Ev said it best!

Calliope
01-23-2008, 09:24 AM
Alcohol.

Caraliz
01-23-2008, 09:35 AM

Yeah, I'm butthurt over this
don't worry i think you are pretty.