PDA

View Full Version : @work

Dark Eternal Knight
01-22-2008, 05:26 PM
So I've been coming to this site for years now, whether it be for the music that it used to have way way back, other forms of media, or reading the forums and seeing what you guys have to say. :P

But after years of hard work and God-forsaken retail, I've finally landed a great job that allows me to sit on my a$$ all day in front of a computer and get paid for it. Unfortunately, these days get pretty long, so I finally signed up for the forums for a way to pass time.

I'm curious; how many of you guys use the forums at work, and if you do, what IS your job?

Me, I work for a company called Upstream, in the MSN adCenter appeals department. We're contracted my Microsoft to approve and reject, and handle appeals and keywords for website results from millions of advertisers and companies that advertise their websites on MSN.com's search engine.

What about you guys?

Old Manus
01-22-2008, 05:28 PM
Welcome, Lurker.

I work in a non-intarweb workplace :cry:

Faris
01-22-2008, 05:32 PM
I can't access the forums at work because I don't work with computers. Unless there's something about Butterball turkey that I do not know about.

Jess
01-22-2008, 05:32 PM
I used to visit the forums when I worked at O2 Insure, but now I'm a student so I just visit when I get home from college. :jess:

Tallulah
01-22-2008, 05:33 PM
I sit in front of a computer all day, too. Thing is I spend the day answering queries about broken telephone lines, and some people can be downright obnoxious. :eep:

escobert
01-22-2008, 05:33 PM
Welcome, Lurker.

I work in a non-intarweb workplace :cry:

srsly. I'm busy doing work when there. Not posting at EoFF.

oddler
01-22-2008, 05:34 PM
I work in a factory at a supervisory level. I spend a minimum of an hour here a day just from lunch and break times.

Denmark
01-22-2008, 05:56 PM
If "Student" counts as an occupation, then I'm on here all the time at "work".

But I don't have a real job, so technically I guess I can't come on here at work.

rubah
01-22-2008, 06:05 PM
The one job I have had was one of making milkshakes, and I don't think there was a computer in the entire business. Unless you count the card readers.

XxSephirothxX
01-22-2008, 06:51 PM
I worked at the public library for a year before going off to college, and I did visit EoFF from there somewhat regularly. Cool to see you registered. :monster:

The Devil
01-22-2008, 06:54 PM
Who wouldn't love MY job? Come on!

smittenkitten
01-22-2008, 07:12 PM
Well I work at Clinton Cards, they have a pc but it way out of date and can't access anything else but work programs. At college eoff is blocked which makes me sad. :whimper:

Dark Eternal Knight
01-22-2008, 07:56 PM
I worked at the public library for a year before going off to college, and I did visit EoFF from there somewhat regularly. Cool to see you registered. :monster:

Hehe, thanks! Smittenkitten, that sucks they blocked it. They supposedly keep a track of what sites are "work related" here, and block accordingly, but we hit so many websites a day, they rarely block anything other than the major ones, like Myspace and YouTube. I used to frequent the WoW forums quite a bit, but my tolerance for the abundance of kids over there has taken a toll on me, so here I am.

We're usually emailing each other back and forth here at work, kinda like instant messaging, but I look forward to you guys keeping me company during the slow days. ;)

Quindiana Jones
01-22-2008, 08:24 PM
Well I work at Clinton Cards, they have a pc but it way out of date and can't access anything else but work programs. At college eoff is blocked which makes me sad. :whimper:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

James Leopold
01-22-2008, 08:33 PM

Yeah EOFF's blocked at my college too. I'm sure there's someway around the block, but I don't know it. Maybe I'll ask Hartman.

cloud21zidane16
01-22-2008, 10:45 PM
Dont come here much at college, its blocked anyway, but i can get past it:D I usally just come on when i get home.

Mirage
01-22-2008, 11:03 PM
So I've been coming to this site for years now, whether it be for the music that it used to have way way back, other forms of media, or reading the forums and seeing what you guys have to say. :P

But after years of hard work and God-forsaken retail, I've finally landed a great job that allows me to sit on my a$$ all day in front of a computer and get paid for it. Unfortunately, these days get pretty long, so I finally signed up for the forums for a way to pass time.

I'm curious; how many of you guys use the forums at work, and if you do, what IS your job?

Me, I work for a company called Upstream, in the MSN adCenter appeals department. We're contracted my Microsoft to approve and reject, and handle appeals and keywords for website results from millions of advertisers and companies that advertise their websites on MSN.com's search engine.

What about you guys?

I'll welcome you if you stop MSN from giving me girly magazine ads.

o_O
01-22-2008, 11:52 PM
I work for Marketsmart. I go to work at 7am and leave at 3pm. I make websites, using JSP and Java; administrate Oracle databases; write software for UNIX-like operating systems and run some MSSBS, Solaris and Server 2003 web servers. I like my job. :)

Caraliz
01-23-2008, 12:43 AM
i would do anything for a job to sit in front of a computer all day. :(

Dark Eternal Knight
01-23-2008, 04:32 AM

What about you guys?

I'll welcome you if you stop MSN from giving me girly magazine ads.

Haha, I'll see what I can do :confused:

Shlup
01-23-2008, 04:43 AM
I'm a teacher, and this site is blocked at work. I go to GHF during my prep period though.

Miriel
01-23-2008, 08:13 AM
Is school considered work? I browse the forums when I'm at school all the time. Or at least, as long as the wireless is working.

Calliope
01-23-2008, 08:23 AM
I think it would be way too unprofessional to post here whilst at work, I can barely get away with my email as it is. I don't think I finished a single essay at uni while not PMing the spam brigade here :D

Vincent, Thunder God
01-23-2008, 11:21 AM
I think it would be way too unprofessional to post here whilst at work, I can barely get away with my email as it is. I don't think I finished a single essay at uni while not PMing the spam brigade here :D

QFT, Madam.

Girl, let's be on the level here. It's a good thing schools are banning Eoff. Would you EVER get anywhere with your work otherwise?

Breine
01-23-2008, 09:19 PM
I work at a sports centre, and yes I have access to a computer there :)

Leeza
01-23-2008, 11:24 PM
95% of my job involves sitting in front of a computer, but posting at EoFF is something that would get me into a bit of trouble if I did it during work hours. However, I still do from time to time. Not that I have the time to do so, which is why it would get me into a bit of trouble.