PDA

View Full Version : The question

Knox
01-23-2008, 09:24 AM
Where is it you want your life to be in a year and a half, and why aren't you going to be there? Don't lie, I'll know!

This thread dedicated to NICKY ANDREWS.

Calliope
01-23-2008, 09:28 AM
I want to be in America, where the streets are paved with cheese!

I wish I would have my MA by then, but I won't because I directly went into fulltime work after uni, when I should have gone on my OE or something.

Nominus Experse
01-23-2008, 10:03 AM
I want to be eating Ginger Pear Cheesecake while swinging naked in a hammock with my girlfriend in New Zealand.

Knox
01-23-2008, 10:04 AM
Don't forget the why you won't be there.

And if you're so sure that you WILL, why that, too.

Calliope
01-23-2008, 10:13 AM
Okay, that's just weird and creepy, given my geographical propensity.

I am sure because...I spun the globe and that's where the dart landed?

Knox
01-23-2008, 10:16 AM
Out of the Army, free, with a new puppy, and getting ready to move somewhere as of yet undecided.

Won't be there because the Army will call me back and send me back to Iraq before I finish my escape plans. :(

Vincent, Thunder God
01-23-2008, 02:35 PM
Out of the Army, free, with a new puppy, and getting ready to move somewhere as of yet undecided.

Won't be there because the Army will call me back and send me back to Iraq before I finish my escape plans. :(

Yeah. I've got an escape plan for you, but it WILL mean revoking your US citiciznship, which, tbph, really isn't worth a hell of a lot right now. Listen up, this plan is easy and really, totally fool-proof.

Quickly pack away your life (and wife?) and move up here, to Canada. We will provide all of the shelter from Iraq you could EVER hope for.

Come on. We need your kind more over here - we need to see some Americans who aren't complete idiots. No offense, but the fact that Bush was re-elected, and indeed, elected at all in the first place over Al-fecking-Gore in perhaps one of the most shady Presidential wins of all time.... well, it implies the majority of the US dwellers are rather idiotic.

But, luckily, after serving your time, as it were, overseas in a war we all now know to be very wrong (though I'll admit, invading Afghanistan was actually somewhat justified, at least in comparison to what was really just an awful, immoral land and oil grab paid in full by the blood of innocent Americans and, even more innocent Iraqis) you can see just where you made the mistake, now - joining the US army when a fascist like Bush is smurfing around with your nations earlier integrity was a somewhat bad move! No worries. Hindsight is always 20/20, right? Foresight... not so much.

Rye
01-23-2008, 02:36 PM
In a year and a half? Finishing my first year of college, preferably Boston University, since that's my current top choice. I also really want to go study abroad for a semester in my second year, so hopefully I'll be planning for that as well. :kaohappy:

escobert
01-23-2008, 02:39 PM
living elsewhere and loving life?

As things are going right the second yes it could happen. but who knows.

Loony BoB
01-23-2008, 02:40 PM
I'd like to be in New Zealand with my family and friends, kicking back on a beach or in a park - either way, beneath the hot sun, knowing that life is not stressful and I am debt free.

I won't be there because I'm tied to the UK for at least two years as of 25th Jan 2007 (when I buy a flat which I'm unable sell for two years). Also, Danielle probably won't be able to move to NZ that easily since she'd need some kind of work permit or something. Also, she has college over here for those two years. Also, I won't be debt free because I have a big whopping mortgage now.

blox!!!

Seraphic
01-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Planning out my senior show portfolio while starting work as an assistant at some studio.

It could happen, but who knows if I'll actually finish college on time or even find a place who would have me.

Caraliz
01-23-2008, 03:12 PM
hopefully moved out & starting my second year at college. :love:

Knox
01-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Quickly pack away your life (and wife?) and move up here, to Canada. We will provide all of the shelter from Iraq you could EVER hope for.

Haha! That's already the plan. Good call. Have I met you? :)

Hi towns. :)

BardTard
01-23-2008, 03:27 PM
With my lover. Also I want my tubes tied. Maybe even move.

Vincent, Thunder God
01-23-2008, 03:28 PM

Haha! That's already the plan. Good call. Have I met you? :)

Hi towns. :)

Um no, we haven't yet met. I don't actually personally know any Americans. Not yet anyways. :jokey: (see bottom of sig for further explanation)

fire_of_avalon
01-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Running through the streets of Chapel Hill, shouting obscenities at the top of my lungs because the bitch couldn't hold me down and probably making a permanent move out here to the flat lands. (:()

Vincent, Thunder God
01-23-2008, 04:06 PM
Running through the streets of Chapel Hill, shouting obscenities at the top of my lungs because the bitch couldn't hold me down and probably making a permanent move out here to the flat lands. (:()

OMG

The cry for your freedom in this post is so beautiful! DO IT, DO IT NOW! xP

oddler
01-23-2008, 05:57 PM
I'll be relaxing with my new bride on a beach, loving the fact that we both have decent careers and bright futures.

Most likely, the relaxing part won't exactly be right. :choc2:

Serapy
01-23-2008, 06:07 PM
If I ever had a chance, I would SO love to live in Japan. It's such a nice country ;)

America? I don't think so, but the image of Eagles associated with US is very momentous in the back of my mind.

[BLIND COLOR][FONT SIZE: 9 BILLIONS]Unnnnnnnnnnniiittttttteeeeeeeeeeddddddddd Stttttttttaaaaaattttteeeeeeessssssssss OFFFFFFFFF AMERCCCCCCIAAA!111oneee!!11[./FONT SIZEZ][/COLOR]

Amen.

Vincent, Thunder God
01-23-2008, 06:24 PM
If I ever had a chance, I would SO love to live in Japan. It's such a nice country ;)

America? I don't think so, but the image of Eagles associated with US is very momentous in the back of my mind.

Canada pwns both those countries. Come to live here instead. If your love for RPGs is making you glaze over the problems that are still evident in the country with still struggling to find it's identity, ESPECIALLY as a democracy, then do not let it. That would be a disservice to yourself.

Frankly, I believe strongly that, in terms of the countryside I'd love to live in Britain, from whence much of my ancestry hails. Whoever, the inherent problems that are finally crashing to the fore in that country in terms of feeling happy in society, my dreams would be crushed.

The kind of implications further than the ones that seem to be running into your mind about Japan really need to be thought on just a lil more before you go saying it's a good place to live in, because it's not - not yet anyways.

Miriel
01-23-2008, 06:25 PM
Living up in NorCal with boyfriend in a new home with my White (brown eared) Havanese puppy.

Why it might not happen... the first part will happen. It's got to. The 2nd part might not happen cause Havanese dogs are so hard to find. :(

Roto13
01-23-2008, 06:33 PM
Stable. :P

Breine
01-23-2008, 08:42 PM
In a year and a half I'll just have come home from a 7 months trip around the world, and I'll probably be working because I will have spent all my money on travelling. Also, I at that point hopefully know what I want to do with my life.. and will have pursued it.. But, who knows.

Quindiana Jones
01-23-2008, 08:55 PM
After I leave college (about a year and a half), I wanna spend a whole year working full time and pretty much getting as much dosh in as I can. Then I want to spend a second year spending all that money traveling the world. I very much plan on doing this, so I may be PMing some of you for a place to stay. ;)

Also, I wanna still be with my girlfriend, who truly is Pandora sans the negatives.

Rye
01-23-2008, 09:07 PM
Also, I wanna still be with my girlfriend, who truly is Pandora sans the negatives.

That's so ROMANTIC. :kaoclove:

Quindiana Jones
01-23-2008, 10:02 PM
Sorry ROY, but even you couldn't hold a candle. ;)

Marshall Banana
01-23-2008, 10:06 PM
Living up in NorCal with boyfriend in a new home with my White (brown eared) Havanese puppy.

Why it might not happen... the first part will happen. It's got to. The 2nd part might not happen cause Havanese dogs are so hard to find. :(
Shih tzu! Shih tzu!

XxSephirothxX
01-23-2008, 10:10 PM
A year and a half? Hopefully I'll have just finished my second semester at the school of Journalism at UGA, and will either be interning or working for the summer. Unless I am denied entrance, odds of this happening are good.

rubah
01-23-2008, 10:16 PM
I want to be a successful student, and if I'm not, it's because I'm so smurfin' lazy.

Yuffie514
01-24-2008, 04:34 AM
Perhaps out of my indecisive state and into a career. Sometimes I think I need one, and sometimes I just think I don't.

Miriel
01-24-2008, 05:11 AM

Shih tzu! Shih tzu!
Shih tzu was actually my number 1 choice for a long time. But I did a bunch of research on the two breeds and found that I actually like Havanese better.

Araciel
01-24-2008, 06:22 AM
Fantasy: not dead.

Reality: dead, but only in D&D.

Jiro
01-24-2008, 06:51 AM
I should be finishing my second semester of Uni and doing whatever crappy mid year tests the Year 12s in my country have to take.
It should happen, I'm a pretty good student. But it might not because I have a lot of other things to fit into my life. I won't bore you with the details.

I'd also like to be with my girlfriend still. That will happen, cause we're both very happy. :)

LanceOfTime
01-24-2008, 07:02 PM
married to the love of my life that currently lives in wyoming...why not? i have to convince her mom to let her leave b4 shes legal