PDA

View Full Version : STUCK IN AN ELEVATOR!!

mooglebunni608
01-23-2008, 04:19 PM
Yeah, so at the Sci-fi-fantasy convention, I went to this party with a few friends. It was on the 14th floor of the hotel, so we took the elevator. We get to the party and almost immediatly, the host says 'yeah, we're playing truth or dare!'.
Cue the running away and screaming from me.
So we get back into the elevator, and what do you know, SOMEONE leans up against all teh buttons at once, so the outer door closes and the inner door does not! So we were stuck in an elevator- a GLASS elevator, for a half an hour, and it was scary. Especially because I hadn't eaten anything, so I was a little spazzy.
And there was nobody cute enough to cling to, because my best friend was crowded near this guy she likes. ><

So, have you ever gotten stuck in an elevator?
Was it scary?
Have you ever been on the Tower of Terror in Disney World?
Do you like glass elevators?
What do you think about elevators?

snacks
01-23-2008, 04:28 PM
When I went to college the elevators in our door were like deathtraps, from the start of the year til the end I prayed every moment I stepped into one hoping that I wouldn't die some vicious quick death. A few times they jarred, sometimes the doors would open a little above actually being on the floor you wanted so you had to jump. It was pretty scary, I myself have never been stuck on an elevator you see.

That would be pretty scary.

Polaris
01-23-2008, 04:30 PM
Almost :whimper: My dad had a brilliant idea to use the stairs on the shopping instead of the elevator and then we ended up on the part where they had the stocks and no one was there!:( Then we took the elevator and it was so slow ;__;
When I'm at uni and I have to go to 4th floor I always use the elevator even though most times I prefer stairs. :D

Sergeant Hartman
01-23-2008, 04:30 PM
I've been in one with no lights.

Jess
01-23-2008, 04:50 PM
I've never been stuck in a lift before. I don't mind lifts, but if it was made of glass and I could see out of it - then I would mind and I'd probably take the stairs!

I've never been to Disney World.

I don't like escalators that go down. STAIRS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO MOVE! I always think I'm going to fall forwards and tumble all the way down. ;_;

Vincent, Thunder God
01-23-2008, 05:13 PM
Yeah, so at the Sci-fi-fantasy convention, I went to this party with a few friends. It was on the 14th floor of the hotel, so we took the elevator. We get to the party and almost immediatly, the host says 'yeah, we're playing truth or dare!'.
So we get back into the elevator, and what do you know, SOMEONE leans up against all teh buttons at once, so the outer door closes and the inner door does not! So we were stuck in an elevator- a GLASS elevator, for a half an hour, and it was scary. Especially because I hadn't eaten anything, so I was a little spazzy.
And there was nobody cute enough to cling to, because my best friend was crowded near this guy she likes. ><

Was it scary?

Um no, I haven't ever been stuck in an elevator, though the possibility of an elevator somehow breaking down, it's lines being snapped and letting me and the other poor souls who might be taking it too likely plunge too our deaths, or at least severe and possibly life-threatening injuries, though tbph I'd prefer the latter. Better live incapacitated and possibly unable to walk to die in such a shocking way.

Though I still think it's a much better option to avoid taking an elevator altogether, since it's a nice little bit of exercise to jog or sprint up to wherever you need to ascend to. You MAY just be a little out of breath if it's as high as you were mentioning, so sure, it's probably better just not to be as paranoid as me about thinking how elevators could snap and plunge me to a young and untimely death. But yes - no need to worry about the possibility of such a rare occurrence. Really, I doubt being stuck out in an elevator is that bad in comparison to it just giving away, though I suppose one my lead to the other if the sudden halt jars the mechanics enough to make the elevator sway enough to put its one weight at odds with gravity.

However, I DO want to say that, IF I had HAD to be trapped in an elevator with someone, it would have to be you, MoogleBunny. The idea of having someone there who needed some comfort but didn't have anyone nearby available, coupled with the fact that I actually find you very cute, would ultimately lead me to wanting to be the one to be there to do that. :greenie:

Cookie
01-23-2008, 05:29 PM
This reminds me of that epic scene in Gremlins 2 when all the gremlins get the girl in the elevator.

mooglebunni608
01-23-2008, 05:44 PM
Though I still think it's a much better option to avoid taking an elevator altogether, since it's a nice little bit of exercise to jog or sprint up to wherever you need to ascend to. You MAY just be a little out of breath if it's as high as you were mentioning, so sure, it's probably better just not to be as paranoid as me about thinking how elevators could snap and plunge me to a young and untimely death. But yes - no need to worry about the possibility of such a rare occurrence. Really, I doubt being stuck out in an elevator is that bad in comparison to it just giving away, though I suppose one my lead to the other if the sudden halt jars the mechanics enough to make the elevator sway enough to put its one weight at odds with gravity.

However, I DO want to say that, IF I had HAD to be trapped in an elevator with someone, it would have to be you, MoogleBunny. The idea of having someone there who needed some comfort but didn't have anyone nearby available, coupled with the fact that I actually find you very cute, would ultimately lead me to wanting to be the one to be there to do that. :greenie:
Aw, thanks! We would have taken the stairs, but traditional Japanese garb is hard to walk in, let alone climb stairs ><

cloud21zidane16
01-23-2008, 06:06 PM
Yep ive been stuck in one with some random girl but we were in there ages and got to know eachtoher really well and are friends now:D it was a little scary at first because i dont enjoy being in a lift lol but i was alright.
Yep, ive been on Tower of Terror and it was great:cool:
I think i prefer glass elavators because if they brake down at least you can see where you are, in a normal elevator you feel more cut off.

Miriel
01-23-2008, 06:24 PM
I was stuck in an elevator, twice. The 2nd time was I was in a glass elevator too! We weren't that far off the first level, so it wasn't really scary and we were sure that we caused it cause like 20 of us crammed into a single elevator even though the maximum was like 10. I took pictures. It was a funny experience.

Zeldy
01-23-2008, 06:47 PM
Never, but if it ever happened I would get so worked up and stressed out, I'd be all dramatic and cling onto a friend sobbing in case we died in there or something!

Denmark
01-23-2008, 09:28 PM
stuck in an elevatah
livin' it up while we're goin' down

no
n/a
yes
no opinion
they take you up and down

Tasura
01-23-2008, 09:30 PM
I've never been stuck in one, but I was close to it, the elevator door opened, I took a step towards the elevator, then the power went out, if I had been in the elevator, I'd have been in there for several hours.

Breine
01-23-2008, 09:45 PM
No, never been stuck in one.. I'm somewhat claustrophobic and so I know it wouldn't be a pleasent experience.

Elevators are convenient, though, when you don't feel like taking the stairs.

Agrias
01-23-2008, 09:57 PM
They're so much fun! :D

Marshall Banana
01-23-2008, 10:01 PM
Elevators make me a little nervous. Still, I wouldn't mind being stuck in one, if Keanu Reeves saves me.

The Devil
01-23-2008, 10:03 PM
If I ever got stuck in a lift it would probably get a little toasty. :bigsmile:

o_O
01-23-2008, 10:09 PM
Over the new year Mike, Shane, Katie and I went to Australia, and stayed in a hotel on the beach. We're all up in our room drinking and quoting random things off of the internet as we often do while drinking when we decide to go for a swim. So the others grab their stuff and head to the elevator, but I can't find my towel so I frantically start looking for it so I don't miss the elevator (it was one of those ones which you could easily spend five minutes waiting for, you see). Well, the others are all waiting in the elevator, while I'm running around my room looking for my towel and quoting the internet to myself, and I finally locate it (under my bed, of course) and start power-walking to get to the elevator before it leaves.
I finally make it to the elevator, and for some reason it hasn't left yet, so I put on my best British accent and loudly proclaim "<b>Then of course I had a wank.</b>" as I step into the elevator. Well, it turns out it had left and now it was PACKED with people I'd never seen before. I just stood there looking sheepish while this guy next to me formed this massive grin and I know he's trying not to laugh. This elevator is a piece of crap and takes like a minute to get to the bottom and amazingly, he succeeds in keeping it in, until the elevator gets about halfway down when he BURSTS with laughter. This sets the rest of the people in the elevator off and I'm just standing there going bright red while this crappy elevator takes another 40 seconds to make it to the bottom.

rubah
01-23-2008, 10:17 PM
I haven't been stuck in an elevator as of yet, however I do live in an elevated risk of it, living on the 7th floor of an aging dorm. However! my current regimen of KILLING MYSELF FOR MUSCLES AND BEAUTY requires I take the stairs more often than the elevator, so I am not as such a high risk.

For now.

Nominus Experse
01-23-2008, 10:38 PM
I do either annoying or naughty things in the elevator.

Quindiana Jones
01-23-2008, 10:42 PM
Elevators are brilliant. I read somewhere about something, and now I always wait for my friend, Harry.

Harry doesn't exist. I just like making the elevator-goers wait a bit. :D

Evastio
01-23-2008, 11:11 PM
I find them quite fun. I actually jump inside of them when they're moving because it's such an awkward feelings being able to jump and stay longer/shorter in the air than usual.

Jiro
01-24-2008, 10:20 AM
My girlfriend asked me what I'd do if we were trapped in a lift together. I just smiled at her. She knew what I was thinking :bigsmile:
I don't find elevators scary, but I wouldn't really want to be trapped in one for too long.

The Devil
01-24-2008, 10:24 AM

Was it scary?

It's official Vincent, Thunder God is a stud.

Remember Vince beathmints BEFORE kissing. :bigsmile:

Jiro
01-24-2008, 10:32 AM

Was it scary?

That sounds like what I used to be like. Can't anymore, else my girlfriend would kill me. So no kissing :D
But i wonder if The Devil would snuggle up to someone in an elevator just to steal their soul?

The Devil
01-24-2008, 12:09 PM

Was it scary?

That sounds like what I used to be like. Can't anymore, else my girlfriend would kill me. So no kissing :D
But i wonder if The Devil would snuggle up to someone in an elevator just to steal their soul?

Darn right I would! But I would make their death EXTRA painful for showing me up in public. :bigsmile:

Captain Maxx Power
01-24-2008, 04:43 PM

Yes.

Was it scary?

No.

No.

I'm ambivalent, I neither like nor despise them.

You should all learn to spell lift correctly.