PDA

View Full Version : Dark Magus Sisters

Serapy
01-23-2008, 04:30 PM
I find this battle the hardest out of other dark aeons >_>. I didn't use Zanmoto (cheater!) when I killed all of other dark aeons which is kind of an accomplishment for me in my X career.

The sisters constantly own' my party members by 99,999 damges in every hit. Auto-Protect doesn't seem to work, as well as Auto Life.

I don't have celestial weapons, my accuracy/magic stats both are around 30 (I found them useless, I'm not kind of a magic guy) but I have other stats maxed out - such as Luck, Str, Def and Magic Def.

I've added a Piercing ability to each of my party members' weapons, but I noticed when I attacked one of the sisters, piercing doesn't seem to work (it was supposed to ignore the target's armor), I only can do around 40,000-60,000 damages. Blitz dmg was like only 10,000 each.

This is interesting, I need to think of a new strategy.

Cookie
01-23-2008, 05:02 PM
Use zanmato.

Serapy
01-23-2008, 05:59 PM
No, it's too cheap.

Nifleheim7
01-23-2008, 06:38 PM
You could try to fight them separately.
Do you have Break HP Limit in any of your weapons?

Edit: Dam,i meant Break Damage Limit!!! >:[

Serapy
01-23-2008, 06:47 PM
Well, fighting them separately would be easy but I rather do the hard way :P

Yeah, of course I have Break HP Limit, why else they hit me 99,999 damages.

Cookie
01-23-2008, 07:08 PM
How is it too cheap?

Serapy
01-23-2008, 07:24 PM
It can 1 hit KO on anything, simple as that. Hell, if you have used Zanmoto on a 9 billions of HP monster, it will die no matter what. That's why it's cheap. Even though it will require a lot of gils but it's not that hard to get a lot of gils.

Tavrobel
01-23-2008, 09:49 PM
It's cheap because it is the PAL/Int. version, and the requirements are quite low. If 200k is "a lot," then that means that Hillary and Obama should be able to pay someone to Zanmato their competition. Clearly has not happened, so I will pretend that your PAL Zanmato requirements do not exist. In theory, Zanmato is not cheap and is a feature of a game.

The obligatory "Tavrobel has to complain about FFX PAL/Int." being out of the way, you should invest some of your time in those Celestial Weapons. Since they deal damage based on HP (and therefore bypass Piercing, which doesn't work at all post-game anyways), it is your best option. The easiest, in my opinion, to obtain are Yuna's, Auron's, and Rikku's weapons. Lots of people complain about "omg blizbal sux," so until I have your personality's evidence to the contrary, I will forgo that option (like I could care less whether or not you play Blitzball). Tidus's and Lulu's weapons are taxing, but not as difficult as people make them out to be. Kimahri's is actually hard to get.

Also, they come with a free Break Damage Limit, which is found on weapons. Break Hit Point Limit is more or less unnecessary on armors; you can still be hit for 99999 damage with 9999 HP. No restrictions on monsters, people.

Fortunately for you, your Luck is at 255. So, don't worry about attack accuracy. Actually, you shouldn't need to worry about Evasion, either. I surely hope your invested those unused spheres in something useful, instead of doing something stupid and max out your MP. Glorious manasteal, d00dz.

Fight them one at a time for as long as you can. After all, gang kills are better than solo or team v. team.

Serapy
01-23-2008, 11:05 PM
Ah, I didn't know Celestial Weapons has an effect that can deal more damage than other weapons.

Yeah, my Evasion stat is at least 30, accuracy and Magic are all less than 30 because I needed to add more HP spheres so that I don't need to add HP 30% to armors. My Aglity is 170 because it's useless if it was over 170.

Can you explain why the sisters always deal 99,999 damages on my party? Thier STR is obviously 255, some of other dark aeons' STR are as well as 255, but those dark aeons didn't deal 99,999 dmgs on me, only like 40k or less, apart from sisters.

EDIT - Ugh, Auto-Phoenix didn't work either :(

Tavrobel
01-23-2008, 11:21 PM
It's a passive "always active" ability in the weapons. They ignore defense and use a completely different equation to deal damage.

Because the game wants them to? After all, with increasing difficulty, there comes the burden of increasing damage. Are you looking for some kind of proof? I mean, they do that damage because it wants them to. Games don't follow logic. If they did, I'm sure we'd all be discussing perfect numbers or graph theory instead of suspending disbelief.

Serapy
01-26-2008, 08:56 AM
Killed em all at once :p Without Celestial Weapons. When the battle started, I just used the Magus Sisters aeon to block Delta Attack and I used a lot of Quick Hits on them. But then there was another Delta Attack, I used another aeon to block it again, was quite lucky. Took me around 1 hour, lol.

Now, here I am, Penance!

Big D
01-26-2008, 10:16 PM
I used Zanmato for all the Dark Aeons except Yojimbo, who obviously can only be hit with it once or twice with any reliability. I don't know I've got the patience to try again and beat them all the 'proper' way, and the Dark Magus Sisters are perhaps the least appealing:p

Serapy
01-26-2008, 11:25 PM
:p

Penance is harder in the next form because the spawn rate of restoration becomes faster, thus making it more difficult to take care of one of the arms most of the time, so it won't use Judgement Day on me >_>

Judgement Day is probably the most badass spell I've ever seen in FFX. It did 99,999 damages to all my party members' HPs, as well as MPs.

ReloadPsi
01-27-2008, 07:04 PM
I realise you've beaten them already, but they're much easier if you just pick on one at a time; when only one has a full Overdrive gauge it will use Mega Graviton instead of combining for Delta Attack. True story.

leejihoon
03-16-2008, 11:44 AM
It's a passive "always active" ability in the weapons. They ignore defense and use a completely different equation to deal damage.

They don't use a different equation at all. They treat the enemy as if it had zero defence, just as if they were under Armour Break (however, Armour Break also nullifies the protection that's bypassed by Piercing, whereas celestial weapons do NOT). Apart from this, the equation is the same, and the final damage is adjusted based on the user's HP(or for Lulu and Yuna, MP). At full HP, the damage is 100% of the regular damage. They don't do any extra damage than a regular weapon to an enemy under armour break. The only exception is Auron's, which does about 130% of regular damage at 1HP.

Because the game wants them to? After all, with increasing difficulty, there comes the burden of increasing damage. Are you looking for some kind of proof? I mean, they do that damage because it wants them to. Games don't follow logic. If they did, I'm sure we'd all be discussing perfect numbers or graph theory instead of suspending disbelief.

Razzia and Camisade are inherently much more powerful than regular attacks. However, their regular physicals should not be doing 99999 at 255 defence and protect. (Even Razzia should be doing about 80000 under this condition, I think)
However, that's a lot more than 9999 HP anyway, and Break HP Limit is very overrated.

Auto-Phoenix is very helpful in this battle. Definately pick on only one at a time, Mindy has the least HP but Cindy is the easiest to hit (but with 255 Luck, this doesn't matter, so go for Mindy). Auto-Haste, and either Ribbon or Stoneproof+Sleepproof as well (that, using Stoneproof and Sleepproof rather than Ribbon, was my armour for all optional bosses except Penance). Unless they all get overdrive at the same time, you won't see Delta Attack again, but once one's dead it's CERTAIN you won't see it.

Quick Hit is your friend.
Celestial weapons are too.