PDA

View Full Version : Final

Rye
01-23-2008, 05:46 PM
What was the last final you took for?

I just took my Economics final and I am so glad it's over with. It wasn't a particularly hard class, just a really boring and irritating one. It didn't help that as nice as the teacher was, she was pretty lousy at grading and doing her job. xD

The final itself was pretty easy, even though it was quite a bit longer than I expected. I'm just excited to be taking Government class next semester, because it's with a teacher that is really easy to pass with, so I should be exempt from that final.

Hopefully, the only final I'll have to take at the end of the year will be my Pre-Calc final, since I'm not good at Math whatsoever. I just wish you could be exempt from AP tests somehow, but that kind of defeats the purpose of taking an AP class, because then you don't get the college credit. xD And I really want those credits, because Music Ed major is super involved and I'd like to eliminate any classes that I can from my college schedule next year.

Anyway, I'm babbling. Tell us! :kaoclove:

Vincent, Thunder God
01-23-2008, 06:11 PM
My last final was Grade 10 Science - and since I generally suck at high levels of both Sciences and Maths, I basically was expecting - especially due my aversion to even the idea of having anymore to do with it, even if that meant NOT giving it all a really thorough look-over in preparation.

I never really got my final exam mark back, but somehow, amazingly, after weeks and weeks of not wanting to wake up when my first class was Science, with my boring, drawling, frumpy bitch of a teacher to greet me with her usual scowl. She NEVER smiled. She NEVER laughed. She put down the class, though luckily for some reason she KIND OF liked me enough not to take it that far. Still, messing with admittedly the best class I'd ever seen in mainstream high school bar one in another school that WASN'T in a low income housing area (not that I'm living in it, since the area I live in is more high class, it was just the nearest high school possible that didn't involve me trying to catch two buses hauling my sorry hide halfway across town to go to the more middle-class area of the better high school).

Yeah, the teacher was a witch of a woman. It might have helped if she smiled, laughed or otherwise showed some mere sign of not being a robot and *gasp* actually being human! Who knew?

Still, she gave me a good fucking mark considering I was so fucking absent the whole fucking semester. So yeah, she was nice enough to me. I should have really gotten a 67% but she was more than generous in giving me the full 70, which is for me a benchmark to hopefully reach even for the toughies.

Roto13
01-23-2008, 06:24 PM
Uhm, Marketing or something. It was like a year ago. :P

Zeldy
01-23-2008, 06:44 PM
So a final is like an end of subject/term test? well, we do them like every term to check how well we've learnt the stuff; but they arnt a big thing, they're just an in-class exam. My last exams were the last two weeks, when I had my mock GCSEs. We don't get to change our subjects half way through, you're stuck with 'em :(

Bahamut2000X
01-23-2008, 06:44 PM
Intro to Philosophy.

escobert
01-23-2008, 06:45 PM
Intro to Lit in 2004 I think it was.

It's been awhile

Rye
01-23-2008, 06:47 PM
So a final is like an end of subject/term test? well, we do them like every term to check how well we've learnt the stuff; but they arnt a big thing, they're just an in-class exam. My last exams were the last two weeks, when I had my mock GCSEs. We don't get to change our subjects half way through, you're stuck with 'em :(

Well, they are the end of each subject/term test, but they can fail you if you do badly on them. Our more inmportant tests are our Regents in NY, which are our state finals.

Jess
01-23-2008, 07:04 PM
The last exam I took was in 2006 before I left school. My college course doesn't have exams, it's all assignment work. I loved that there wouldn't be any exams to begin with because I hate exams, but there is sososo much work to do. :jess:

Quindiana Jones
01-23-2008, 08:04 PM
Sweet Mary, ROY. Do you have the same economics teacher as me? My one's really lovely 'n' all, but she's a pathetic teacher. Once, her ENTIRE class failed. Takes the piss, a bit.

Dolentrean
01-23-2008, 08:07 PM
My last final was my... Medieval History final at the end of Last Semester, it was that or Crimonology, I am not sure what came first...

qwertysaur
01-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Chemistry was my most recent final.

I had to take that defective math B regents back in 2005. Regents stink.

Rye
01-23-2008, 08:19 PM
Sweet Mary, ROY. Do you have the same economics teacher as me? My one's really lovely 'n' all, but she's a pathetic teacher. Once, her ENTIRE class failed. Takes the piss, a bit.

Hahaha. My teacher is new. She's really gorgeous so all the boys have crushes on her, and she's a nice intelligent woman, but horrible teacher. xD

Chemistry was my most recent final.

I had to take that defective math B regents back in 2005. Regents stink.

Oh christ, Math B Regents. I almost failed that. And of course, my grade was the last grade that had to take the Regents like that. Now, each grade has ONE kind of math (Algebra, Geometry, Trig) each year, rather than the scary conglomerate I had to learn, so they have it easier for their Regents.

Quindiana Jones
01-23-2008, 08:23 PM
Ah that's where it ends. My teacher has a crush on me. My girlfriend doesn't like her much haha.

Tavrobel
01-23-2008, 08:24 PM
I've had exams, but the only final that was most recent was my Religion class exam. Semester-long course.

Rye
01-23-2008, 08:25 PM
Ah that's where it ends. My teacher has a crush on me. My girlfriend doesn't like her much haha.

Oh dear. xD My teacher was really sweet to the boys and always kind of hit on them. She's really young, but it felt awkward to watch. xD

Bunny
01-23-2008, 08:28 PM
I can't remember things that happened four days ago, let alone four years ago.

Rye
01-23-2008, 08:30 PM
I can't remember things that happened four days ago, let alone four years ago.

That won't do, Bunny, when we're teachers together. You'll forget to grade the tests! How will you crush everyone's dreams if you forget to give them F's?

Bunny
01-23-2008, 08:32 PM
Everyone gets A's in my class.

TyphoonThaReapa
01-23-2008, 08:34 PM
My last final was in...Math Collage Grade. And I aced it. To tell you guys the truth, I was pretty damn psyched. I still am son...:cool:

fire_of_avalon
01-23-2008, 09:38 PM
Introduction to Women's Studies. I made an A.

rubah
01-23-2008, 10:18 PM
My final Final was on December 11th, and somehow I scored well enough on it that I scraped up an improbable B in calculus. I still tremor with aftershocks.

Quindiana Jones
01-23-2008, 10:24 PM

Oh dear. xD My teacher was really sweet to the boys and always kind of hit on them. She's really young, but it felt awkward to watch. xD

That's not surprising, since you clearly go to the School of Brotheling!