PDA

View Full Version : How do you get your characters to level 99 before leaving midgar?

KH_Riku
01-23-2008, 07:41 PM
People have told me online that they had their characters at 99 before leaving midgar. Something about a midgar zolem? I don't quite understand how to get them to 99 without training them somewere they can get a ton of exp. Also were the hell do you find a charob nut for the chocobo's? And......... what is the best greens to give them?:confused:

Bahamut2000X
01-23-2008, 07:48 PM
Well firstly the only way I know of to hit level 99 before leaving Midgar is through lot's and lot's of leveling. Like weeks or months worth, unless there's some monster I forgot about that gives crazy good exp there.

The talk of the Midgar Zolom is AFTER you leave Midgar and is when your trying to get to Junon. Even then the Midgar Zolom will be petty exp by level 50 or 60 if not before then.

Though really why would you need to be level 99 before leaving Midgar, or getting to Junon for that matter? :p

cloud21zidane16
01-24-2008, 12:19 AM
Lots and lots of training, i dont see why you would want to do it, it would take ages and make the rest of the game boring, plus at that point you havent got much materia to be gaining experience as well either;)

To get the Carob Nut fight a monster outside Bone Village called Vladorakos, you have to steal the nut from it, the best greens to feed chocobos are Sylkis greens, you can buy these from the Chocobo Sage, keep feeding the chocobo until you are told its stats are maxed out:)

Avarice-ness
01-24-2008, 01:58 AM
Game shark. Atleast that's the only way I got to level 99 before leaving Midgar.

Either way, anyone trying to get to 99 while in midgar is clearly insane.

Big D
01-24-2008, 02:11 AM
FFVII's EXP system means that each new level requires more EXP than the previous one... so getting from level 98 to 99 is the biggest jump there is. I'm not mathematographist, but judging from the small number of EXP you earn from defeating the monsters and guards in Midgar, I'd guess you'd have to slaughter perhaps half a million enemies to get all the way to level 99.

Two options, basically: either use a cheat device such as Gameshark, or waste many hundreds of hours of your life that could be better spent on... well, everything else that FFVII provides for you to waste your time on.

Rostum
01-24-2008, 06:44 AM
Bah! You can beat the Midgar Zolom at level 14-15 and get Beta in the process quite easily!

I just did it recently. All you need to do is link of elemental materia to fire materia on your armor, and have that person with the enemy skill materia. I used Barret because of his high VIT.

Use a gravibomb (I forget the name, but it's a demi item), use your limit breaks and when he uses Beta, Barret will be the only one to survive. So get him to use Beta back and finish off with his limit break.

Oh, it's also a good idea to put the characters in Sadness (by using tranquils or something). That way you don't take as much damage.

Easy! Don't need to be level 99 for it!

blackmage_nuke
01-24-2008, 07:29 AM
You go into the swamp with the giant snake thing and use a turbo controller to hold down the x button fighting, and leave, coming back from time to time to check to see if your people died.
If memory battle menu saves between battle you can use it to mega elixer yourself using the w-item cheat

ReloadPsi
01-24-2008, 09:44 AM
Bah! You can beat the Midgar Zolom at level 14-15 and get Beta in the process quite easily!

Tifa pwns Midgar Zolom at level 5 with basic equipment and no Materia. (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=h31_Wk9A2Io) Warning: Boring as :skull::skull::skull::skull:.

Another way to cheat to level 99 is to have cheat codes active that give crazy EXP from every single battle, considerably easier to achieve in the PC version.

Heath
01-24-2008, 10:05 PM
I always found it slightly disappointing that the Midgar Zolom, a monster that seems really powerful the first time you play through the game, is actually really weak later in the game. Ah well.

As others have said, there's really no need to reach level 99 in normal play, let alone at the very start of disc one. The only way I could justify that would be using a cheat cartridge, I certainly wouldn't train my team that high even on disc three.

Rostum
01-25-2008, 12:32 AM

Tifa pwns Midgar Zolom at level 5 with basic equipment and no Materia. (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=h31_Wk9A2Io) Warning: Boring as :skull::skull::skull::skull:.

But they didn't get to learn Beta in that strategy. Not to mention it is lame and just an exploit, I'd rather fight it properly.

Captain Maxx Power
01-25-2008, 01:35 AM
I'm not mathematographist, but judging from the small number of EXP you earn from defeating the monsters and guards in Midgar, I'd guess you'd have to slaughter perhaps half a million enemies to get all the way to level 99.

Did somebody say Mathematographist?

To get to level 99, Cloud and Barret require 2,420,933 XP points. Tifa and Red XIII require 2,452,783 while Aeris requires 2,484,643. The best place to Level-Up in Midgar is in the Shinra building after the Jenova events, with each battle giving approximately 154ish experience points. So, assuming you were to start at level 1 (not possible), it would take 15721 battles to get Cloud and Barret to level 99, 15928 battles to get Tifa and Red XIII to level 99 and 16135 battles to get Aeris to level 99. So while no where near half a million enemies (more like fourty-eight thousand), it's still a sizable amount.

Bahamut2000X
01-25-2008, 01:37 AM
I'm not mathematographist, but judging from the small number of EXP you earn from defeating the monsters and guards in Midgar, I'd guess you'd have to slaughter perhaps half a million enemies to get all the way to level 99.

To get to level 99, Cloud and Barret require 2,420,933 XP points. Tifa and Red XIII require 2,452,783 while Aeris requires 2,484,643. The best place to Level-Up in Midgar is in the Shinra building after the Jenova events, with each battle giving approximately 154ish experience points. So, assuming you were to start at level 1 (not possible), it would take 15721 battles to get Cloud and Barret to level 99, 15928 battles to get Tifa and Red XIII to level 99 and 16135 battles to get Aeris to level 99.

I'm just lazy so I still leave my answer to it's a lot. :p

Garnie
01-25-2008, 01:41 AM
to be honest i dont think its exp i think they be talking about w-item materia and the carob nut you steal from the red dragon outside bone village

ReloadPsi
01-27-2008, 10:57 PM

But they didn't get to learn Beta in that strategy. Not to mention it is lame and just an exploit, I'd rather fight it properly.

In a Low Level/No Materia game you wouldn't need to. It's an easy enough fight anyway.

BG-57
01-29-2008, 12:23 PM
I once tried for a game where you get 99 of every item whenever possible. That meant a lot of fighting in Midgar. A side effect was my characters were fairly high leveled, but nowhere near 99. I can see how it's attainable, but you have to be able to tolerate a lot of level grinding.

An interesting result is my early characters had most of the limit breaks by the time they left Midgar.

Halenite
01-29-2008, 03:13 PM
Though really why would you need to be level 99 before leaving Midgar, or getting to Junon for that matter? :p

Why would you need to be level 99 for the final boss? Seriously, I don't think I was even level 60 for him.

Case in point, getting to level 99 is completely pointless.

Serapy
01-30-2008, 01:42 AM
Game shark. Atleast that's the only way I got to level 99 before leaving Midgar.

Maybe not too insane, because that would be the greatest achievement in the history of FF7 ever.

The only problem is, even if I have managed to do it. How do I prove it?

Why would you need to be level 99 for the final boss? Seriously, I don't think I was even level 60 for him.

Case in point, getting to level 99 is completely pointless.

I don't think it's pointless. You need to be level 99 in order to beat Emerald/Ruby Weapons effectively, unless you don't have the PAL version.

Big D
01-30-2008, 02:33 AM

To get to level 99, Cloud and Barret require 2,420,933 XP points. Tifa and Red XIII require 2,452,783 while Aeris requires 2,484,643. The best place to Level-Up in Midgar is in the Shinra building after the Jenova events, with each battle giving approximately 154ish experience points. So, assuming you were to start at level 1 (not possible), it would take 15721 battles to get Cloud and Barret to level 99, 15928 battles to get Tifa and Red XIII to level 99 and 16135 battles to get Aeris to level 99. So while no where near half a million enemies (more like fourty-eight thousand), it's still a sizable amount.Now that is awesome. Nearly sixteen thousand battles... and it's not a location where you can buy items, so you'd be totally dependent on winning recovery items from the battles, especially for MP. The battles would get faster over time, but it'd still take many an hour.

Breine
01-30-2008, 10:27 AM

Yeah. Midgar's got to be one of the worst places to level up.

Dolentrean
02-01-2008, 02:06 AM
I havent ever gotten to level 99 before I have gotten out of midgar that would be boring and pointless, but I have gotten every available charecters 3-2 Limit before I got out (this was also boring and pointless), I did it just for the hell of it becuase I was bored.