PDA

View Full Version : Why are you here?

Martyr
01-24-2008, 05:02 AM
Apparently, many of us don't play FF.

I mean, I do when I'm feeling nostalgic. I like FF1 so much that it's prolly unhealthy, but whatever.

I wound up here because I was wandering though the FF interweb in my old forumite days, and the joint seemed amusing enough.
I still come around when my life gets rocked because it helps me rlax and talk trash, and it helps keep my head alive until I can find someplace to go.

Why do you all spend time on the forums? Especially if you have no or no more genuine interest in FF?

Edit: and don't go answering my title quwestion with nonsense about your parent's bedroom habits.

Edit: or do. I guess it doesn't matter to me, does it?

rubah
01-24-2008, 05:05 AM
I come here hoping that some of you suckers have posted something I can reply to.

oddler
01-24-2008, 05:05 AM
I spend time here because the people make me laugh. I thrive on happiness. Gimme gimme. :love:

BardTard
01-24-2008, 05:06 AM
Yeah, what rubah said.
Also, I am addicted to the internet.

NeoCracker
01-24-2008, 05:08 AM
I come here in hopes of meeting women.

Bahamut2000X
01-24-2008, 05:13 AM
What everyone above has said X 9000.

Though really I just joined this place, and have never managed to quit it these past 7 years. Trust me I've tried, after a while I get withdrawl. EoFF is like the love child of nicotine and crack.

Araciel
01-24-2008, 05:18 AM

I don't recommend it.

NeoCracker
01-24-2008, 05:22 AM

I don't recommend it.
Yeah, well I don't have the money for a hooker, so I had run out of all other options before I came here. You have a better suggestion?

Martyr
01-24-2008, 05:24 AM

I don't recommend it.
Yeah, well I don't have the money for a hooker, so I had run out of all other options before I came here. You have a better suggestion?

Sometimes you can find drunk college girls and get them to hang out with you without dropping a single dollar.

NeoCracker
01-24-2008, 05:25 AM

I don't recommend it.

Sometimes you can find drunk college girls and get them to hang out with you without dropping a single dollar.
I don't like drunks though.

Araciel
01-24-2008, 05:25 AM
Drunks are awesome. They'll even pee on you, whether or not you're into that sort of thing.

Martyr
01-24-2008, 05:26 AM

I don't recommend it.

I don't like drunks though.

Yes you do. They're just as hot as anybody else when they're hot, now please lets get back to the topic before Leeza hisses at me, which she will.

NeoCracker
01-24-2008, 05:27 AM
Drunks are awesome. They'll even pee on you, whether or not you're into that sort of thing.

Oh well that just changes everything.

*Swears off Women all together*

My new reason for being here is to find Men.

XxSephirothxX
01-24-2008, 05:35 AM
I still like a few people here and there, it adequately fills the role of a social outlet I'd prefer to get from this type of community as opposed to something like Facebook, and Site Staff is a big part of my life. We be going places.

BardTard
01-24-2008, 05:38 AM

I don't recommend it.

Hey forums are good places to look for women. I met my ex and current boyfriend on a forum.

I DO RECOMMEND IT! Only this forum though. Other ones suck.

Araciel
01-24-2008, 05:40 AM
Hey forums are good places to look for women. I met my ex and current boyfriend on a forum.

So did I...Although they're both the same person.

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-24-2008, 05:42 AM
The community. There are interesting people here.

Yamaneko
01-24-2008, 05:43 AM
I don't know why I still come here. Habit more than likely.

BardTard
01-24-2008, 05:47 AM

So did I...Although they're both the same person.

Who, mine or yours? Definitely not mine. :choc2:

Araciel
01-24-2008, 05:53 AM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/members/chemical.html

Mine.

BardTard
01-24-2008, 05:55 AM
Yeah that's what I thought.

:p My ex was some jerk from another crappy forum I haven't been on in 2 years anyway, lol I'm glad we broke up. :D

Jiro
01-24-2008, 05:56 AM
I come here cause it's a great place with nice people. And the people have to listen to me :D

Avarice-ness
01-24-2008, 05:57 AM
I think a majority of the interesting convo's happen in General of EoEo anyways. I mean I originally joined because of a sloppy joe thread that had been archived from the general chat.

I like FF but mostly FFVI and down and I really only talk -alot- in the FFVI forums.

Other than that, I find the general chat amusing and EoEo a fun place for inteligent debates so why -shouldn't- I be here?

BardTard
01-24-2008, 05:59 AM
I think a majority of the interesting convo's happen in General of EoEo anyways. I mean I originally joined because of a sloppy joe thread that had been archived from the general chat.

I like FF but mostly FFVI and down and I really only talk -alot- in the FFVI forums.

Other than that, I find the general chat amusing and EoEo a fun place for inteligent debates so why -shouldn't- I be here?

lol, this is a Final Fantasy forum and nobody ever posts anything exciting in Final Fantasy. That's mainly why I joined. *disappointed* oh well, General Chat is fun! :D

Caraliz
01-24-2008, 05:59 AM
i suppose one has to kill time between things.

Avarice-ness
01-24-2008, 06:01 AM

lol, this is a Final Fantasy forum and nobody ever posts anything exciting in Final Fantasy. That's mainly why I joined. *disappointed* oh well, General Chat is fun! :D

I've noticed that in the forums for the games, it's like 98% fan-kid-talk and then 2% actual talk about the game with no bias.
Hence I usually just stay to the games I like to avoid of wandering into one of the fan-kid threads in another FF game. xD

escobert
01-24-2008, 06:04 AM
Habit, kill time.

Jiro
01-24-2008, 06:06 AM
General is much more fun anyway.

BardTard
01-24-2008, 06:09 AM

Yeah, I hardly ever even see what's up in Final Fantasy anymore anyway. It's just that boring.

Avarice-ness
01-24-2008, 06:23 AM

Yeah, I hardly ever even see what's up in Final Fantasy anymore anyway. It's just that boring.

If you surf the certain FF forums you'll see what's going on in FF.

Dolentrean
01-24-2008, 06:28 AM
I'm here becuase...erm, they...wont let me...anywhere umm, else:(

BardTard
01-24-2008, 06:31 AM

I choose not to. Everytime I do, it's never anything exciting.

Avarice-ness
01-24-2008, 06:36 AM

I usually check each FF forum once a month, some (like FFII or FFVIII) one every two or three months. It makes it less annoying when there's nothing new, and then the ammount of time you spend not looking just gives time for something new to pop up.

Jiro
01-24-2008, 06:37 AM

Thats all I used to do, just the FF forums. I missed out on so much fun in General

oddler
01-24-2008, 08:48 AM
...it adequately fills the role of a social outlet I'd prefer to get from this type of community as opposed to something like Facebook...

Another excellent reason.

Jiro
01-24-2008, 08:54 AM
...it adequately fills the role of a social outlet I'd prefer to get from this type of community as opposed to something like Facebook...

Another excellent reason.

The people here are less weird. Well, they are mostly but even the weird ones are weird in a great way :D

The Devil
01-24-2008, 09:10 AM
I came here to corrupt soul's, make contracts, and sell you all down the river. :bigsmile:

Oh yeah FF6 rules!

ReloadPsi
01-24-2008, 09:41 AM
Eh, dunno really.

BardTard
01-24-2008, 09:47 AM
I came here to corrupt soul's, make contracts, and sell you all down the river. :bigsmile:

Oh yeah FF6 rules!

WHOO! Best reason I've seen so far. :radred: :evilking:

Breine
01-24-2008, 06:26 PM
I actually play Final Fantasy from time to time :P

Anyway, I come here because I like coming here. People here are generally really nice.. and ehm, it's also a neat time killer.

Zeldy
01-24-2008, 06:29 PM
Yeah I don't even play Final Fantasy any more and even when I did, I was more interested in playing Nintendo games, I'm not really sure why I joined in the first place, but it's a habit now and everyone is really nice to me :]

Ace14
01-24-2008, 06:57 PM
I'm here because it's awesome here and so are the people plus it gives me something to do when I'm bored. I don't play final fantasy anymore either, I used to way too much but now it's just when I'm bored.

Heath
01-24-2008, 07:15 PM
I suppose part of it's down to habit now that I've been properly posting here for about six months or so now but I do quite enjoy visiting the place. There's a lot of people whose posts I enjoy reading and there's always the odd thread that's particularly interesting and'll give me something to think about.

cloud21zidane16
01-24-2008, 07:21 PM
I like it here because theres a lot of good people with some interesting things to say, every now and then i start playing a Final Fantasy, not as much as i used to though:( and i like helping people who are stuck at parts of the games:)

smittenkitten
01-24-2008, 07:33 PM
I've played many FF games and I can't wait for FF XIII it looks so good. Just have to save up for PS3 now. :)

Quindiana Jones
01-24-2008, 07:34 PM
I haven't had the time for games, recently.

Polaris
01-24-2008, 07:37 PM
I'm trying to play some games, now I'm playing KH but meh :( I still have to buy a ps2! Anywho I just come here to check some posts and find if I can help someone at EOEO! << Lately I've just been at graphic deisgn forum most!:(

ff is da best
01-24-2008, 10:25 PM
mainly to see if any1 posts anything interesting something that i can relate to and sometimes when i feel bored because i have nothing else to do

Shauna
01-24-2008, 10:28 PM
Why shouldn't I be here? :D This place is a nice place to be!

Yuffie514
01-25-2008, 05:01 AM
I think I found this place when I was searching for a particular game in the series itself. I didn't join until several months later. I regularly start with General Chat, General Gaming Discussion, and then go through most of the Final Fantasy boards.

Pointless
01-25-2008, 05:03 AM
I'm here because I'm an FF fanatic and I feel bad abandoning forums so I still pop in every so often.

Lynx
01-25-2008, 05:34 AM
i still play FF's and am alsways looking forward to the next one. main reason im here is that searching the internet world my first time ever really useing the internet i found this site and it became the first website i ever clicked onto besides google that is. i lurked for awhile and noticed some of you seemed quite interesting and intellagent. so i joined since im niether of those things :p

The Devil
01-25-2008, 05:38 AM
i still play FF's and am alsways looking forward to the next one. main reason im here is that searching the internet world my first time ever really useing the internet i found this site and it became the first website i ever clicked onto besides google that is. i lurked for awhile and noticed some of you seemed quite interesting and intellagent. so i joined since im niether of those things :p

You said it not me...:bigsmile:

Jiro
01-25-2008, 06:01 AM

You said it not me...:bigsmile:

What does he mean SOME of us seem interesting and intelligent?

Calliope
01-25-2008, 09:23 AM
The internet is good for creating alter-egos like that.

I'm here right now because I've slept 2.5 hours in two days.

Holylulu
01-25-2008, 10:40 AM
Well I post/read here to relax a bit from the "real life". And it's the chance to have contact to people from all over the world. :p

Loony BoB
01-25-2008, 10:51 AM
What everyone above has said X 9000.

Though really I just joined this place, and have never managed to quit it these past 7 years. Trust me I've tried, after a while I get withdrawl. EoFF is like the love child of nicotine and crack.
I notice when you're not around. Yay for you always coming back. 8-)

I come here because it is my online home, something that has been consistent for me over the past seven years. Despite moving country, having family move away from me and vice versa, losing friends and gaining new friends... there has always been Eyes on Final Fantasy.

Rye
01-25-2008, 03:45 PM
Well, I joined when I was 12 because I needed help with something in FFX.

I've stopped going to EoFF a few times over the years, but for the most part, I've been coming here rather consistently for over 5 years now. It's hard not to come here when you've been posting here for so long.

I like it here, so~ <3

Christmas
01-25-2008, 03:46 PM
I came here to type stuff and press the "Submit Reply" button. :bigsmile:

Jess
01-27-2008, 03:48 PM
I played FF when I joined. I still do occasionally.

I've posted on-and-off for a few years, but I always end up coming back. It's partly out of habit, but mostly because of the people that I've met on EoFF. :jess:

Tallulah
01-27-2008, 04:06 PM
I joined because the other forums I go to are so inactive, plus I like the community. :D

Northcrest
01-27-2008, 04:19 PM
I usually come on to answer threads and kick back. I also come here for some Final Fantasy games help, but currently I'm not playing a Final Fantasy game (trying to get FFXII:RW and waiting for FFXIII and FFvXIII its so hard to wait) other then that i just like to chill.

ReloadPsi
01-27-2008, 04:35 PM
Eh, dunno really.

I lied.

I started posting because I wanted to ramble about how awesome Red Mages were in FF1, as well as how much I generally loved FF1 (it's not my actual favourite but still).

Then I attended the 2007 meetup for no particular reason and they were all so cool that my relationship with the community felt cemented. Also this place has been featured on SomethingAwful and it was amusing.