PDA

View Full Version : chocobo breeding (and some materia stuff)

.:kerrod:.
01-24-2008, 06:01 AM
hey there,
I was just wondering what the maximum stats are for a chocobo top speed- and stamina-wise. Now, i know that 999 is the maximum stamina, because all of my chocobos have that, but im trying to create the fastest gold chocobo i can (my best gold chocobo has a top speed of 174 and a stamina of 999). To go along with this, do you have any breeding tips to make them faster or more intelligent? I only feed them Sylkis (sp?) Greens, because they improve everything, so let me know if i shouldnt do that :p. While im on this topic, you know how you defeat Ruby (?) weapon and take the Desert Rose (?) to that traveller to get a gold chocobo? what are its stats? are they the maximum?

Ok, onto materia:
how many of you have actually earned the master materias for mastering all of the materias and not just for defeating Emerald Weapon? And as i understand it, you can merge this master materia with a normal one for unlimited usage...is that correct? if so, what did you merge yours with?

oddler
01-24-2008, 06:10 AM
The only thing I can answer is the part about the Master Materia. Yeah, I levelled all my materia types and traded with the Huge Materia to earn 3 Master Summons, 3 Master Commands, and 3 Master Magics. I'm not sure what you mean about unlimited magic by merging materia, though.

01-24-2008, 06:54 AM
well what's the function of these master materias then? and how did you get 3 of each? :confused:

oddler
01-24-2008, 09:07 AM
There are three types of Master Materia: Magic, Command, and Summon. To gain a Master Materia, first you have to master at least one of each materia in a one of the categories (Magic, Command, or Summon). Once you have all of them mastered, you can trade them all to the corresponding Huge Materia in Bugenhagen's house for the Master Materia. That's assuming you've recovered the Huge Materia throughout the game. You have to do this again for each Master Materia you want.

A Master Materia enables the use of all the abilities from all materia of a certain category traded to the Huge Materia by equipping just one piece of materia.

ReloadPsi
01-24-2008, 10:02 AM
As for Chocobos, I've been able to get speed around 160, but only once (my first ever Gold Chocobo...) and never again, so I'm not sure what the maximum is. I do wonder if it has to do with amount of times I raced the others; getting their ranks up improves the odds of differently coloured offspring, but I don't know if it affects their childrens' stats.

Maybe I should breed both my Gold ones despite deciding I wasn't gonna inbreed my Chocobos this time :p

take the Desert Rose (?) to that traveller to get a gold chocobo? what are its stats? are they the maximum?

What do you call a very small mother? A "Minimum"! Ha ha ha! Yeah, its stats are minimum, basically as crappy as an "I really can't recommend this one" found outside the farm.

cloud21zidane16
01-24-2008, 07:00 PM
And to master your materia fast fight Magic Pots in the Northern Crater.

01-25-2008, 12:50 AM
wow, that's amazing about the master materia, sa-weet, but can you pair them with support materia or no? :p cos, let's say i paired master summon materia with 'final attack' materia, would it do every 3ffing summon? :p...i'd think not. Also, you know the summon named 'typhoon' or similar? on my ps1 game it's called 'Typoon' and on my friend's PC game, it's called 'Typhon'...wtf? where abouts are these magic pots? just a general estimate, start, middle, end? or a landmark perhaps? or are they just spread out everywhere?

Well my fastest gold chocobo's top speed is 170 something (3?4?), which i mentioned before, so i think i might just keep her

oddler
01-25-2008, 02:03 AM
You can pair a Master Materia with support materia. Master Magic - Elemental in an Armor slot, please.

I doubt Final Attack would work.

01-25-2008, 03:09 AM
yeah, thought so...but Master Magic paired with Elemental is genius...

so where are these magic pots?

oddler
01-25-2008, 05:11 AM
Pretty deep into the Northern Crater. After the fork where your party splits. I believe it's down the left path (the right side of the screen). :Oo:

MedctnStn
01-25-2008, 06:08 PM
i had a question too about breeding. in order to get a gold chocobo, you need zeio nuts. where can i find/steal these?

cloud21zidane16
01-25-2008, 07:37 PM
i had a question too about breeding. in order to get a gold chocobo, you need zeio nuts. where can i find/steal these?

Steal them from the Goblins on the northeastern islands on the map, get random battles in the forest.