PDA

View Full Version : oh I need to sneeze

rubah
01-25-2008, 02:17 AM
Somewhere many years ago i read something claiming that the force of <a href="http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/sneeze.asp">sneeze was 1/10th the force of an orgasm</a>. (linked to keep you snopes-happy people happy. Incidentally I <em>can</em> sneeze with my eyes open. It's not very comfortable). Now, this article seems to deal with the actual blood-pump frenzy itself and not any quantitative measures of force, so I'm going to go ahead and work under the supposition that this statement isn't inherently false.

Now, when you sneeze, if you feel it coming on, would you prefer it go away or occur?

I for one, hate losing a sneeze. it feels so awful. Lately however, I have been wondering though, is that awful feeling actually the side effect of losing a sneeze (and through what mechanism does that actually happen anyways?) <strong><big>OR</big></strong> is it just the normal feeling, one sneeze less than the feeling of a sneeze?

That would require a sneeze to be a positive feeling, and I'm willing to believe it up to the point of about four sneezes or so (after that, my nose just starts to hurt :()

so while it doesn't induce a delicious sensation in the lower torso, why can't it induce a delicious sensation in the nasal cavity?

Aerith's Knight
01-25-2008, 02:22 AM
because it throws out stuff with 150 mph. It is neccesary, but feel nice when youre waiting for it. I hate it when i cant sneeze, because you know you need to.

still.. when you sneeze, youre doing something that cant be good for youre nasal cavity, so you could understand that it might not feel that good.

oddler
01-25-2008, 02:23 AM
I love sneezing and, yeah, I hate feeling the need to sneeze and then losing it. Bring 'em on!

BardTard
01-25-2008, 02:25 AM
I hate having the feeling of sneezing and then not sneezing. I'm with you on hating losing a sneeze. It should just come out.

And I've gotta be honest, I don't have a clue what else you're talking about. All I know is snot is not delicious.

One time my mom threw her back out from a sneeze.

Edit: reading my post I noticed "All I know is snot is not delicious." sounded so wrong. No, I didn't mean -that-

Marshall Banana
01-25-2008, 02:30 AM
It would be cute if everyone had an orgasm after they sneezed. =O

fire_of_avalon
01-25-2008, 02:49 AM
You ain't lying.

Bahamut2000X
01-25-2008, 02:56 AM
I hate it when I can't sneeze. It makes me want to punch someone on the street that's how upset it makes me.

Jiro
01-25-2008, 04:19 AM
I love sneezing on people's food.

If I want it, I'll sneeze on it.

Hm, I'm going to try that. Its so crazy it might just work.

Martyr
01-25-2008, 04:29 AM
I sneeze a whole freaking lot.

In fact, I get so blocked up that I sometimes purposefully tickle the intide of my nose with a tissue (in private, obviously), and force a sneeze to come and break up all the rock solid congestion.

I have utter disregard for the condition of my nasal cavity because it's been fucked up my entire life, and, frankly, I should probably snort cocaine.

NeoCracker
01-25-2008, 04:44 AM
I hate not sneezing. It actually is possible to force yourself to stop, trust me on this I've done it.

It hurts like hell though.

Jiro
01-25-2008, 04:47 AM
I hate not sneezing. It actually is possible to force yourself to stop, trust me on this I've done it.

It hurts like hell though.

When I try to stop it, it kind of half happens and it stings like hell. So i'm just going to let the sneeze happen and save myself some pain.

Caraliz
01-25-2008, 08:57 PM
i've never sneezed more than twice in a row. and i hate losing them too. but the little poem at the end of the snopes article was gr8. :love:

cloud21zidane16
01-25-2008, 09:16 PM
I hate that feeling of not sneezing when you need to, but i really try to force myself and its such a relief when you finally do:D

Old Manus
01-25-2008, 10:01 PM
Fact: Sneezing temporarily kills all sexual arousement.

Quindiana Jones
01-25-2008, 10:44 PM
I love a good sneeze, me. My sneezes are dangerous, I tell ye. Fly back, all.

Vermachtnis
01-25-2008, 10:48 PM
I've been sneezing a lot lately. I hate when I have coming and it just leaves, but I hate it worse when it doesn't leave but I can feel it up in the back of my nose.

Jess
01-25-2008, 10:54 PM
I hate it when I lose a sneeze. I sneeze quite a bit though, as I have a few allergies. :jess:

Jiro
01-26-2008, 03:59 AM
Just remembered this. My brother's all time record is 9 sneezes in a row. It's freaking hilarious!