PDA

View Full Version : A Question on Riku...

CelestialStarDust
01-25-2008, 05:31 AM
I understand that he broke Roxas's fingers,thats why Roxas has those funny band-aid ring things.I've also heard that because of that,he has that shawl thing on his arm.Why?I just don't understand the concept of him having to wear that...unless Roxas somehow broke his wrist or something.

Ouch!
01-25-2008, 05:34 AM
I was under the impression that Roxas broke his arm in return.

blackmage_nuke
01-25-2008, 05:35 AM
I thought those things on his fingers looked painted on

I thought the thing on riku's wrist was there to look cool. Or protect his wrist or something

CelestialStarDust
01-25-2008, 05:49 AM
Yeah.......I never got the reason why he had it on.I always presumed there was a reason...but...what IS the reason?

Tavrobel
01-25-2008, 02:06 PM
Probably because Roxas broke his arm, or at the least damaged his wrist. As far as human anatomy is concerned, I'm pretty sure that the wrist is dangerously close to the arm. Holding and fighting with giant metal Keyblades is not exactly conducive to proper bone growth.

So, really, the true moral of the story is to eat your vegetables and drink your milk.

--> The more you know

CelestialStarDust
01-25-2008, 05:01 PM
Poor Riku.One of the many children who suffers from hating healthy food.After all,they ate coconuts and seagull eggs.And raw fish.I highly doubt that's anyones idea of a healthy diet.

Tavrobel
01-25-2008, 05:06 PM
Raw fish contains Mercury. Seagull eggs have not been shown to be nutritious, and may contain bad cholesterol. Coconuts != coconut milk. Paopu fruit also may contain large amounts of sugar that when go unused convert to fat.

Anyways, not for the past year he hasn't eaten that stuff. One could assume that all he's had is sea salt ice cream and darkness. Maybe cards in CoM.

Clawsze
01-25-2008, 05:10 PM
Poor Riku.One of the many children who suffers from hating healthy food.After all,they ate coconuts and seagull eggs.And raw fish.I highly doubt that's anyones idea of a healthy diet.

He's japanese I presume, and as long as they cook those eggs, I can see these actually being quite tasty and nutritional.

On topic, i think the wrist thing is so he does not damage his arm, as his keyblade looks quite sharp. Or because he looks badass. And I always though Roxas wore the finger bands for style, due to the checkered pattern and due to the fact his fight against Riku was about....a month before the story? So his fingers would have proberly healed by then. Also, if he was put in the virtual world, did all of his injuries carry on into the virtual world.....

CelestialStarDust
01-25-2008, 11:58 PM
Raw fish contains Mercury. Seagull eggs have not been shown to be nutritious, and may contain bad cholesterol. Coconuts != coconut milk. Paopu fruit also may contain large amounts of sugar that when go unused convert to fat.

Anyways, not for the past year he hasn't eaten that stuff. One could assume that all he's had is sea salt ice cream and darkness. Maybe cards in CoM.

so,he's lucky he's alive then.my guess would be that most destiny island residents dont live past 20 >.>

Clawsze
01-27-2008, 12:29 AM

so,he's lucky he's alive then.my guess would be that most destiny island residents dont live past 20 >.>

So parents of the kids in the KH world are teenage parents who died and left all their children orphans....wow, what a revelation, KH reaches out to the modern world

CelestialStarDust
02-01-2008, 05:21 AM
or they got pregnant at nineteen,raised their kids til they were one,and then died.

i wish my parents had raised ME that way!! =O

dragontamer
02-22-2008, 03:42 PM
or they got pregnant at nineteen,raised their kids til they were one,and then died.

i wish my parents had raised ME that way!! =O

charming. when did riku break roxas' wrist and fingers?

another question on riku - is he gay? LOL:p !

Tavrobel
02-22-2008, 03:50 PM

It could have occurred at any point during or after the fight. Holding giant swords, as they were, it isn't difficult that while swinging, you could jam the opponent and injure them severely. Alternatively, after the fight, he could have just snapped the bone, or dragged him along.

No. It's pretty obvious from the first game that he has feelings for Kairi. Those blossomed into emotions of anger and hatred for Sora; a common theme in love triangles. His reclusion in KHII is most likely an attempt of his to retreat from the source of stress in his life, while at the same time, helping his best friend. If anything, Sora is the one who has shown more hints of homosexuality, but at this age, the borderline homo friendships aren't quite as uncommon as you think. You'll just be calling it by a different name.

Ouch!
02-22-2008, 08:35 PM

It could have occurred at any point during or after the fight. Holding giant swords, as they were, it isn't difficult that while swinging, you could jam the opponent and injure them severely. Alternatively, after the fight, he could have just snapped the bone, or dragged him along.
I don't know about you, but if I was just in a rough keyblade fight with someone, I'd totally break his fingers and wrist after I finally beat him so that he couldn't properly wield it against me if he wanted to fight again before I got him back to wherever we were going.

Tavrobel
02-22-2008, 08:57 PM
I don't know about you, but if I was just in a rough keyblade fight with someone, I'd totally break his fingers and wrist after I finally beat him so that he couldn't properly wield it against me if he wanted to fight again before I got him back to wherever we were going.

I was trying to offer the option that the bones in his fingers could have been broken either during or after the fight, not that breaking fingers was a replacement for penance or punishment.

Personally, I would break more than simply his fingers.

Ouch!
02-22-2008, 11:08 PM

I was trying to offer the option that the bones in his fingers could have been broken either during or after the fight, not that breaking fingers was a replacement for penance or punishment.

Personally, I would break more than simply his fingers.
I'm not suggesting that it's Riku punishing Roxas. More of a security measure just in case Roxas decides to wake up.

LunarWeaver
02-23-2008, 07:48 PM
Are we trying to find logical explanations for Nomura's designs or what? I just assumed he threw a bunch of :skull::skull::skull::skull: everywhere to make them look cool like always.

Tavrobel
02-23-2008, 10:40 PM
Are we trying to find logical explanations for Nomura's designs or what? I just assumed he threw a bunch of :skull::skull::skull::skull: everywhere to make them look cool like always.

Only for Roxas.

Ouch!
02-24-2008, 07:48 AM

Only for Roxas.
I'd say it's more like justifying his excuses for the random belts and zippers.

Clawsze
02-24-2008, 11:19 AM

Only for Roxas.

Exactly, cmon, it's Nomura, I mean a Nomura outfit without random dohickeys or thingymabobs or other crap would be....not Nomura-like!

Tavrobel
02-24-2008, 02:32 PM

But these are bandages of differing colors. I think DiZ gets the multi-colored ones for flavor.

Xanalia
03-01-2008, 02:51 AM
(to the ppl who think Roxas wheres the bands 'cuz his fingers are broken) Roxas was "born" w/ those clothes on, you can see the bands on his fingers in the cutscene.

Eiko Guy
03-09-2008, 04:14 PM
I wanna see Roxas being born.

CelestialStarDust
03-10-2008, 05:34 AM
i was more referring to the fact that riku has a cloth on his arm for no reason.at.all.

wait,roxas was born with clothes on?!thats insane!!

Clawsze
03-10-2008, 11:33 AM
i was more referring to the fact that riku has a cloth on his arm for no reason.at.all.

wait,roxas was born with clothes on?!thats insane!!

He's a nobody, he was wearing those clothes when Xemnas found him.

Jessweeee♪
03-10-2008, 03:00 PM
I wish I were cool enough to be born with clothes on :cry:

Xanalia
03-12-2008, 03:06 AM
..does no1 look up vids or anything?