PDA

View Full Version : FFIV edition DS?

Arthurdent_78
01-25-2008, 02:52 PM
Does anyone know if Nintendo released a special edition DS for FFIV in Japan and/or will be doing so in the U.S.? I am solely buying a DS for this game and think it'd be worth waiting to buy it if there will be one, rather than picking it up now (even though it'd be cool to play FF3, FFCC: RoF, and Zelda).

XxSephirothxX
01-25-2008, 05:25 PM
There were FFIII and FFXII: Revenant Wings models, but no special FFIV DS. The thing are only released in Japan anyway and are probably all snatched up by importers pretty quickly, so I think you can pretty safely just grab a plain ol' DS stateside. :)

Evastio
01-25-2008, 06:53 PM
Sorry, I warned this thread without realizing that this was about a FFIV limited edition DS being released and not FFIV DS itself.

As for a special edition FFIV DS I haven't heard anything about one.

scorpiodragon
02-16-2008, 06:24 PM
yeah there is one coming out the last I read on it, it was only coming out in japan, but the cool thing is that it's redone in 3d and voice acted
IGN: Final Fantasy IV DS (http://ds.ign.com/articles/786/786625p1.html)

theres a link for ya

XxSephirothxX
02-16-2008, 07:33 PM
Yes, we all know (I hope) about Final Fantasy IV DS the game. The OP was inquiring about special edition hardware, meaning the system itself.

Arthurdent_78
07-18-2008, 05:28 PM
I was just hoping that since the game is now 5 days away, that maybe somebody had heard something more about a special edition DS?

I'm still optimistic because I heard that no one knew Guitar Hero was getting a bundle until the day it came out.

I would just hate to go buy a DS (I don't own one yet) with my reserved copy of FFIV, open both, and later find out there was a bundle, but my EB Games didn't have any, and then I not be able to exchange them.

Yar
07-18-2008, 05:39 PM
Nope, pretty sure there still is no bundle or special edition DS. If there was to be one, I would have a total fangasm and abandon the DS Lite I have now.

There was not a bundle for III or Tactics A2.

Arthurdent_78
07-18-2008, 07:15 PM
There was a bundle for III, but it was only released in Japan. That's why I'm hoping that, since IV was more popular, maybe there will be something here...but I haven't seen a IV bundle for Japan.

Although I'm hoping that maybe I just can't find it, or that Squeenix will go crazy and actually give the U.S. something Japan doesn't have (due to IV's popularity)!

Yar
07-27-2008, 10:57 PM
This might be a nice alternative (http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-IV-Protector-Kit/dp/B001BM8H24/ref=wl_it_dp?ie=UTF8&coliid=I7VXHNLDX08ZD&colid=OO93L1FRZJOG) to an actual special edition DS.

I think I'm gonna get one.